Whats your daily driver linux distro? would you recommend it to beginners?

Whats your daily driver linux distro? would you recommend it to beginners?

install source mage

gentoo

gentoo

download linux kernel then download busybox compile busybox compile kernel with busybox in initrd

Windows 10 LTSB because it works
But if I had to use Linux I'd use Arch which when installed with Anarchy is perfectly fine for beginners.

This.

My daily driver is actually a Linux From Scratch system. I would not recommend it for beginners. For beginners: Mint or PClinuxOS.

Fedora

install NetBSD

why do you torture yourself for basically no benefit?

because I can be bleeding edge without the autism of arch linux

the distros getting recommended to me here are all pretty ugly

/thread

Kubuntu is the only distro worth using.

gentoo. its not even hard to install if you can read.

only autists use WM over DE

Shilling for openPePe.
If you've got nice experience with Windows 7, Suse will be very familiar to you with best KDE implementation.
Otherwise any Ubuntu derivative for their widespread and lots of howtos.

>transparent terminal

Is it true that tumbleweed has a tendency of breaking proprietary drivers?

Qubes OS, with opensuse on some other machines i use often

ZorinOS Lite
Yes

Linux mint

LFS.

gentoo do it faggot

lfs based on my laptop, windows 10 on desktop

I use Linux Mint. I would recommend it to anyone to just wants to get work done on their PC. Easy to use and setup, and with all the power of Linux under the hood if you need it.

If you mean Nvidia drivers then yea, quite a lot, but only because Nvidia don't even bother to update their own rolling repo until something breaks and people exclaim that. Otherwise, updating and using the binary from their site would be fine

I did this once, please don't do it.

Qubes OS. Depends on the type of beginner. Yes if you are interested in virtualization, security and Linux. No if you want something that just works. If you are the latter type just install Xubuntu Core from mini.iso and be happy.

>Manjaro
>Mint
>Ubuntu
>Suse

after only 40 tries i install arch that works great.

gento

Arch. No.

Antergos

Arch, but I'd recommend Fedora for beginners.

KDE Neon

A beginner could handle it just fine.

no and no

Slackware, no.

yes
if you have nvidia or propiretaty wifi network card drivers your fucked

Ubuntu MATE

red star os

Ubuntu (17.10 gnome)
yes

Crux. Because just werks!

Kubuntu.
Why?
I tried nearly all other distros. They all lack something in my perspective. The one thing most of them lack is functional mouse gesture (I use Plasma 5). As of today, only kubuntu and arch systems support this.

However, arch is too bleeding edge for me. There are normally a few bugs coming with the newest releases. For my taste, Debian is too slow and outdated.

Overall, there are basically only three package-systems. deb, rpm and aur (arch).
I have tried Fedora, Opensuse, Linux mint, manjaro, antergos, kubuntu, chakra, netrunner, debian KDE and probably a few more.
Frankly, I'm tired of distro-jumping.
Because of this I will consider W10 the next days, but I must say W10 looks ugly and is very limited. I despite that. I don't like gaming, and I do not do photoshot or video editing.

I wish to say that although most linux distros are considered stable and safe to use nowadays, for desktop users and KDE, you can easily find bugs and things can get messy at times.

I hope I can stabilize, no more distro-jumping and have a good system with backup for many years to come. Hopefully linux, but ill go back to Windows if I have to.

temple OS

Manjaro is great

Xubuntu

Sure

Void Linux. Wouldn't recommend it to beginners unless they've already been using homebrew or something in Mac OS or something similar in Windows and they can read basic documentation.

CuckBSD

Manjaro, and yes.