WHY THE FUCK DO I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD A FUCKING INSTALLER EVER FUCKING TIME THIS SHITTY PROGRAM NEEDS TO UPDATE...

WHY THE FUCK DO I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD A FUCKING INSTALLER EVER FUCKING TIME THIS SHITTY PROGRAM NEEDS TO UPDATE. EVERY FUCKING DAY IT ASKS ME TO UPDATE, BUT I CAN'T BE ASSED TO BECAUSE IT'S TEDIOUS

Install gentoo

/thread

Then don't update. Private trackers usually take a while to whitelist the newest version anyway.

Dont use qStalledMeme in the first place.

Sure, if you give me another client with in-built search engine.

uTorrent(tm)

>he didn't write his own client

What's sad is that they don't have an official zipped portable version, you have to rely on portableapps.com

>portable torrent client
That's literally the single thing I have the least need for a portable version of. Why?

kys

I there is a way not to actually install a program, I don't install it. It's mostly a habit I guess, but also when I reinstall my OS most of my apps will still work and keep their settings and everything. Installing programs just adds more bloat to a system.

I will assume he's on Windows, and on Windows, programs tend to install bits and pieces everywhere, like in program files, program data, appdata, registry etc
portable programs are self contained and not spread everywhere so it makes them less bloated

t. Botnet

If you use Linux, your package manager will sort you out. If you use MacOS, use brew package manager and run brew update && brew upgrade. If you run Windows, just stop.

>install deluge

Same. MPC-HC, Foobar, Sumatra, Honeyview, 7zip, and the iObit and Piriform programs do the same thing too though, why they can't they just have a built-in updater like Firefox has.

brew cask upgrade*

Because people fear change

>sudo apt upgrade

I use almost all of those programs and have portable versions for each of them.
If you are on Linux you shouldn't use qbittorrent.

use deluge

What does qBittorrent have transmission doesn't? I don't use torrents that often and I'm happy with it, simple and bullshit free. But since I'm no expert, what's the catch?

>he uses windows but doesn't use chocolatey

Transmission

Install your prefered linux distribution

>If you are on Linux you shouldn't use qbittorrent.
why?

why do you assume there's a catch? it's a personal preference, they do the same thing and they're both FOSS so use whichever you like. QB is designed to be a successor to utorrent 2.2.1 that's why it's so popular

Because you have rtorrent.

I assume there's a catch because few people seem to use it.

>implying it isn't worse on Linux

damn...

There's no catch. The stalled meme has been fixed for a long time now.

Install your prefered linux distro or when on windows:
Ninite installer. Fixes that problem for multiple programs by installing and/or updating shit when you run the program.

>last update 1 year ago

sasuga linux users, using dinosaur software as usual

>Because you have rtorrent.
Because it doesn't have a GUI and built-in search engines? Surely another FOSS torrent client with those features isn't a better option.

Have you ever considered just moving to Linux to avoid this, and many other, headaches? You can keep a Windows partition around for your games and whatever esoteric piece of software you don't actually use but lie about "needing for work" on Cred Forums in order to not look like a video game obsessed little kid.

I run linux on my laptop, but keep windows on my pc. I work on my laptop. I'm a manchild on my desktop