/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

Post your simple / small / stupid questions here.

>for Linux related READ THE STICKY SEARCH BEFORE POSTING ddg.gg/lite/

DO NOT BUMP YOUR QUESTION

redirect any newfriends creating their own threads with

Other urls found in this thread:

browserleaks.com/ip
nmap.org/misc/defeat-nmap-osdetect.html
prolimatech.com/en/products/detail.asp?id=171&page=1
kb.mozillazine.org/Security.tls.version.*
reddit.com/r/Zeos/
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Linux#User_centrality
cydiaios7.com/cydia-ios-11-2-5.html
linux.die.net/man/1/ffmpeg
trac.ffmpeg.org/
trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/How to speed up / slow down a video
ddg.gg
bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=1392051
bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1476513
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TFcEXMcKrwoIAECIVyBU0GPoSmRqZ7A0VBvqeKYVSww/edit#gid=0
forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/windows-7-sp1-media-refresh-download-links.60681/
forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/windows-loader-download.58464/
reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/70hfpw/webextention_alternative_for_session_manager/
dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/live-respins/
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/cast/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_(computing)
cplusplus.com/reference/string/string/copy/
caniuse.com/
dpaste.de/dh3a/raw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How do I get past paywalls on some websites?

Best icon packs that work with KissLauncher?

What's going on here? Arch is being a shit in Vbox. Keeps giving me this weird error. Installing in non-efi setup.

-target, not target
or just omit it, it should detect i386-pc on it's own

EDIT: I realized I tired installing grub in the boot partition like a dumbass. However it still gives me the same error when I try to install in the MBR.

why is Cred Forums so anti-mac? i get the freetards, but what about the ones that dual boot windows and linux and thus aren't *that* indoctrinated into rms' bullshit? i used to hate macs (still can't stand apple) but then i was given one as a gift and it's literally like using a really nice, consistent, stable DE on linux with all of the same cli software available, but also being able to run the majority of commercial software natively as well. i get that the hardware is WAY overpriced for what it is, i wouldn't have bought one prior to owning one, but the resale value is really good and they depreciate very, very slowly, so in most cases you can mitigate most of the sticker shock on a brand new mac by just selling your old mac. i mean, when you do it that way, you're basically able to pick up a brand new mac whenever you're ready to upgrade for around the price of a budget walmart laptop.

tl;dr why does Cred Forums irrationally hate macs?

oh, also, install to sda, not sda1, you're applying a bootsector

>>for Linux related OK, what does rm / -rf does?

you want just "grub-install /dev/sda", that's it.

chances are you'll get an error saying that doing so is dangerous, if you also include --no-preserve-root, then that will delete everything you have write access to, if you run it as root, it will delete everything that can possibly be deleted

Yeah, lol.

Pay.
They are really easy to use, so the mindset goes that only idiots use them. They are really expensive, especially compared to other, higher-end technology, which leads people to believe that the people who buy them are even bigger idiots for doing so only because of their brand loyalty (and potentially that they're too dumb to use anything else.) And that they have a diehard community of fans who don't know anything about computing but claim apple is the greatest.

macos has some advantages over windows, namely being partially open source, and being unix-like
but calling it best of both worlds (commercial support + unix-like) is a stretch, it's not really ideal at either, making it more of a convenient compromise versus a windows + linux dualboot
i personally don't care much for the hardware, it's mostly average, with non-standard keyboards, oversized trackpads and no trackpoint, and bare-minimum IO
i've owned a few macs before, the last being a 2010 macbook i owned from 2011-2012, the best part about it was that it sold for twice what i paid for it, they definitely keep their value

for me personally, the only thing i use windows for is solidworks, which has no mac version, so software-wise, macos is useless to me, and since i also don't care much for the hardware, i don't feel any desire to get any macos/mac stuff right now
i could multiboot macos on my current machine, but it doesn't offer anything i can't do as well or better than what i have

I haven't used an ubuntu distro since like 12.0X, has it gotten any better? Is it still bloated with unnecessary search addons and online account stuff?

Is there a way to block text messages on Android without using an app? I'm using Mr. Number for calls but there's no way to block texts on it. The Phone is a Motorola G3

I have Linux Lite installed on my machine, I wanted to change the Windows Manager to try i3, it seems that when I logout should there be a option to choose what WM I want, but there is nothing there.

how is the program showing my specs in the desktop called? i have no idea

you're probably thinking of rainmeter (windows) or conky (x11)

it's manjaro linux, you can see it there, so rainmeter is discarded, conky it seems but i'm not sure

Is anyone here good with networking on Linux? Is there any way you could defeat the TCP/IP OS Fingerprinting on this test? Even in a virtual machine with Windows it's able to detect I use Linux.
browserleaks.com/ip

There are some solutions provided here but they're all outdated and no longer being maintained.
nmap.org/misc/defeat-nmap-osdetect.html

So here's a strange on for you Cred Forums. My Facebook profile picture consists of me and somebody else, they have recently decided that they no longer like me and want me to remove the picture, they have been calling me non stop and sending messages saying that they have proof they have asked me to remove the picture and I have not, and should this continue the police will be forced to intervene and take the picture down. .y 2 questions are

>I'm assuming this person reported it to Facebook and then failed, does Facebook have a certain amount of times you can report something?

>Will a police force actually take time out of their day to come round to my house and watch me remove a photo on my computer?

I'm in the UK should it matter

I've got two thumbnaildata files in my DCIM folder on my phone.
They total up to >3GB. How do I delete it permanently? They recreate themselves automatically when I delete them.

She can report it to Facebook they won't do anything if she's just a normal user. And yes the police aren't going to bother with it. If its just a normal photo...if there is nudity or anything like that they might

What does the option security.tls.version.max in firefox mean?
>site I usually go to doesn't load in FF
>Try other browsers (from phone)
>it works fine
>notice that the URL uses SSL now
>try in chromium
>I get ERR_SPDY_INADEQUATE_TRANSPORT_SECURITY
>change the TLS max version to something else
>it werks
So what happened? Why would changing the TLS version make it work?
It it safe to do that?

With the same size?

It's a photo of me and my brother, I'm assuming Facebook reports for him nowhere. He's is constantly messaging me saying that he has contacted the police on the non emergency number and that if I don't comply they will force me to remove the picture. It's literally a photo of us standing next to each other

>Will a police force actually take time out of their day to come round to my house and watch me remove a photo on my computer?
>I'm in the UK

Tough one. Would you be imprisoned for your dog doing a salute or for revving your car engine in a "racist manner"? If the answer is 'yes' then yeah they probably will, and if the "somebody else" is female then I wouldn't be surprised if you were forced to sign some kind of register for the next 10 years. Welcome to freedom.

One's 1.69 and the other is 1.66 gb

is SICP a meme?

Then your all good, no need to remove it

i need to buy the cheapest but decent quality speakers possibile for desktop. any suggestions?

Basically use better gallery app.
Simple gallery is recommended

If I have about 100 small videofiles with file names sorted in alphabetical order.
How do I combine these videos into one single file using ffmpeg?

Why cant I change my brightness with Debain 9.3 stable on T430?

*what

Found a ZyTel router (p660w-t1 v3-POTS)
wat do with it?

Are there third party/"universal" socket adapters for CPU coolers?
I have a Prolimatech Megahalem for socket 1366. I want to use it on an 1156 motherboard, there is an official adapter kit**, but I can't find it in stock anywhere

**prolimatech.com/en/products/detail.asp?id=171&page=1

i tried ubuntu as my first linux driver and it was pretty laggy and choppy while doing basic functions. downloaded kde, and while the experience is better but it's almost nothing like gnome, everything is in different places and shortcuts are all different - are all DE that different from each other? seems like learning one DE would be a pain, if you'd have to switch to another afterwards

Stick it up in your ass.

it has little to do with actual programming

Ok this wasn't easy.
I used
(for %%i in (*.mp4) do @echo file '%%i') > mylist.txt

in order to compile a list. But And it works fine, for like the first 10. But then how come 100 and 101 and 102 etc, comes before 11 and 12? And then
How do you make a script that actually follows a proper alphabetical/numerical order?

Are you sure you didn't change the min?
kb.mozillazine.org/Security.tls.version.*
min is a security measure to avoid connections to servers which use something like SSL3.0.
no idea why there's a max. Maybe it's so that if there's a shitty server which mis-implements TLS1.2 then you can prevent firefox from trying that protocol.

Zeos is a bit of a meme but his guides aren't too bad. You can try looking at these lists and at least you won't get tinny garbage (apologies for linking to reddit):
reddit.com/r/Zeos/

>I'm in the UK should it matter
Are they a minority? If the answer is yes then you're probably going to prison for life. You'll be lucky if someone murders you in your sleep for it.

The whole point of different DEs is that they're not all the same. So that you can pick what you like.
Most basic tasks should be intuitive, if they're not then the DE is shit (or you're used to shitty interfaces).

what web browser should I be using?

As somebody fairly comfortable with C++ who wants to transition to web design, what would be a good place to start?

>Are you sure you didn't change the min?
Yes, I double checked.
Even reusing the old value reproduce the problem.
TLS min is set to one which uses TLS 1.0
While TLS max is set to 2 which uses TLS 1.1.
For some reason TLS 3 which TLS 1.2 causes firefox to not open the site.
Also setting the Min value to 0 causes the same issue.
Any idea?

>Galaxy note 4 gifted, barely used
>sweet don't have to buy new phone
>fuckign facebook is a system app and can't be obliterated from phone
Is there really no alternative to rooting it? I'm a lazy fuck and don't really want to go through the hassle

Lately my internet has been weird. The browser works fine, but my online games don't work. Any idea what could be causing it?

Then it's probably the reason I gave in my first response. The website doesn't handle TLS 1.2 correctly and causes a protocol error and firefox gives you an error instead of trying a lower protocol number (probably some downgrade attack mitigation).

If setting the min to 0 gives you another error then the website is probably even more buggy.

If it's only one website then I wouldn't worry about it. You can probably contact the webmaster about it.

Finally, someone might be fiddling with your connection to force you to use a specific subset of protocols for some reason, that's unlikely though.

>Site is buggy
I believe that the case as well, the site is related to my ISP and can only be accessed if you are subscribed to it.
>contact the webmaster about it
Tell it what? your implementation of TLS 1.2 is buggy and making FF refuse to open?
>someone might be fiddling with your connection to force you to use a specific subset of protocols for some reason
I highly doubt it because as I said the site is only accessible to the ISP subscriber, and I tested it with older version of opera and it still works without fiddling with it.
Can I ask a few more questions?
I checked the site and it uses TLS 1.1 verified by GeoTrust Inc.
Does it make any difference?

>Tell it what? your implementation of TLS 1.2 is buggy and making FF refuse to open?
Just act dumb and say you have problems opening the page in firefox and chrome. Send them the errors you get.
> the site is related to my ISP and can only be accessed if you are subscribed to it.
Might be the way this is implemented means that that they're doing something dodgy which breaks on some web browsers.

Hey anons,
Is my ssd dying if I get these alot?
Every time it happens pc freezes for 15-20 sec

One last question.
I assume setting my browser to use TLS 1.1 isn't safe at all, right?
is there a way say to make the browser uses TLS 1.1 on specific site?

Turns out what I am after is called called natural order or a natural sort.
But how exactly do I make a list file with a natural order? All my attempts have failed. Either I get a list file without natural order or it simply fails to output a list file altogether.
I kind of feel like this shouldn't be that difficult but it appears like it is.

I don't think there's anything wrong with TLS 1.0, 1.1 or 1.2. Newer versions are "safer" but as long as you're no longer using SSL 3.0 and earlier, and are generally avoiding TLS 1.0 then you'll be fine.

For site specific SSL settings you would likely need some kind of browser plugin but I don't know if any exist.

there's a website out there for screenshot/image comparisons between multiple different sources, what is it? on the tip of my tongue. It's not screenshotcomparison since that's between 2 sources and its not anime-only like one other.

I'm looking for a tablet specifically to read manga, any recommendations?

What do you know.
I just checked again and the site uses TLS 1.2 now.
However not everything loads up.
Does this means they're upgrading or something?

Can you self-reference other entries inside .Xresources?

Something like Class.foreground = .color0 ?

So I got a dual monitor set up, whenever I let my screens sleep the primary screen shuts off essentially and all my windows can transported to the other screen. When I unlock/unsleep it it shoves all the windows back onto my primary screen but resized and otherwise messed up.

its not a big deal but its really annoying have to resort everything, anyone know whats the d eal?

How do I have the same tabs on every computer in Firefox? Like not this separate menu bullshit, I want it so that when I switch from my Thinkpad to my desktop for say gaming it's the same exact tabs I was just looking at.

Let's look at the facts here:
> ISP
> internal website which is only accessible by customers
> fucky shit going on when connecting over certain secure protocols
> problems with two major browsers

They're probably cleaning their mess up.

>violent monkey
Changes nothing. I was on tampermonkey before and gave it a try. What was this supposed to accomplish?

Anyone know how to fix ranger crashing when trying to open images with feh? Only happens in a folders with many pictures(7000+), and I get the error:
>"[Errno 7] Argument list too long: '/bin/sh'"
So I guess it tries to write all filenames in the folder to open or something?
When opening a image from the folder with feh directly it works, so it shouldn't be a problem with it.

Current 4yr old phone is getting really slow for whatever reason, and I've been looking for an excuse to replace it.
Budget = $450
Must haves:
>Capacities buttons on the bottom
>Decent durability/build quality
>Good camera (by phone standards)
>Headphone jack
>Expandable memory

* Android version doesn't matter
* Screen resolution doesn't matter

Factory reset it?

I got a "free" Windows 10 upgrade from a pirate 7 like the rest of them.
I'm buying a new computer now, is there any way to transfer over? I've read there are ways to extract the license key.

>Wanted to connect via RDP to Windows server
>Have FagOS of FagBook Air
>Can't connect to Windows server without downloading via fucking appstore RDP
>GNU/Linux - no problem, out of box
So, what GNU/Linux is BEST for FagBook? Gentoo?

How do I know if I'm protected against the Spectre and Meltdown shit?

When I google its unclear as fuck. I have an i5 4670K if thats relevant, and I'm running Windows 10

Checked InSpectre
Apparently I'm not protected against Spectre?

Is this because myGigabyte aren't pushing a bios update for my 5 year old Mboard?

I'm just looking for phone suggestions

How do I download an attachment from redhats bugzilla?
Just clicking the link gives me a page of what looks like encrypted text.
Their help page says
>To download an attachment as a different Content-Type (e.g. application/xhtml+xml), you can override this using a 'content_type' parameter on the URL, e.g. &content_type=text/plain.

But this is an .img file - what "content_types" are there?

I'm currently using youtubedl to download videos from youtube.

What can I use to trim said videos?

Many times they have some stupid bullshit at the beginning or end that I'd like to take out.

Moto X4, Nokia 8?

>problems with two major browsers
After some testing it seems the issue is only with chromium and firefox.
I've contacted the webmaster, he told me I should just use chrome, and he doesn't know what a chromium is.

When is the intel with vega igpu coming out?
Since I believe xiaomi will use it for their notebook and if they keep the same price this is going to be awesome

duno but i have
if [ -f ~/.bash_alias ]; then
. ~/.bash_alias
fi
in .bashrc

i wouldn't use a source distro
it may be the easiest to try any buntu but test in live cd first because LTS may or may not work better than the latest release

ffmpeg -i yt-video -ss 20 -c copy output-yt-video

run 4chX for you?

ff

>are all DE that different from each other
not really, search a bit if you like gnome, there may be a bugzilla thread or something, it could be mutter

Why arch is meme? Or better say, I'm newfag and what's the deal with arch?

>Ubuntu?
>Debian?
>Debian testing?
All I want to do is
>run HD video without tearing
>install VirtualBox and have it actually work (thanks for nothing Fedora)
>install Steam and have Source engine games actually work (thanks for nothing Fedora)
>install proprietary stuff like Discord and Spotify without having to fudge .deb packages or resort to shit like snap (thanks for nothing, application developers)

Will go GNOME unless a compelling reason otherwise.

So my ~/.xinitrc file looks like

xrdb -m ~/.Xresources
xrdb -m ~/terminal_themes/lucius.Xresources

It only loads the first one though. Despite the fact I can literally copy and paste the 2nd line into my terminal to apply my theme colours and it works fine..
Is cygwin/X being a dick. I can't test this on Linux because I'm on shitty Wayland at home.

it's by dev for devs really so the opinion of the users have no weigh really, it's not a product someone is trying to sell to you, if it works for you use it
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Linux#User_centrality

afaik it's a Cred Forums thing, have seen a few anons hate on it for whatever reason

>Created attachment 1283571 [details]
click either one

ubuntu
gnome may not work well if you have nvidia
try LTS and 1710 to see if it works ok on your computer, you could even try the upcoming lts 1804 for more up to date software but test first - install later

Bought an iphone 6 for developing on it, but want to jailbreak it to be able to control it from my computer for example, its running 11.2.5, googling seems to give only scammy shit, is there a clean way right now to jailbreak it and install cydia? I found this for example for cydia: cydiaios7.com/cydia-ios-11-2-5.html is that going to create mustard gas?

>click either one
If it was that simple I wouldn't have asked.

Clicking them just goes to that link, no download is started.

Bought this laptop to play some games while I travel but it throttles so fucking hard on battery literally nothing runs well. How do I fix this? I tried setting up a high performance power plan and it hardly helped.

>ffmpeg -i yt-video -ss 20 -c copy output-yt-video
I'm guessing that trims the first 20 seconds of the video.
How can I remove the last 20?
Can I use a better precision, like 20.43?

My GPU fans start up and turn off continuously at around 45-50 degrees causing a "scratching" sound and I assume it's also hard on the fans to be doing that.
The only solution has been to set a custom curve in afterburner, but I have users on the PC who I can't give root access (which afterburner requires) for security reasons.
Is there any other solution? Manufacturer says this is a non issue as the fans automatically stop at under 45 degrees.

still haven't figured out what's wrong

It's throttling because the battery can't supply the necessary current to power the GPU/CPU under full load. Even if it could, doing so would quickly kill the battery's lifespan.

Plug it in.

>It's throttling because the battery can't supply the necessary current to power the GPU/CPU under full load.
im not doing anything that resource intensive, im playing a game even my 5 year old shitbook could run at 60fps

copy ' view ' or ' download it ' url
wget url

yes you can
ffmpeg -i yt-vid -t full_time_minus_20.5 -c copy out-yt-vid
linux.die.net/man/1/ffmpeg
trac.ffmpeg.org/

Okay, i just didn't see any discussion about arch, and what i saw was just memes. I use arch a month already and it works a lot better than win7.

>copy ' view ' or ' download it ' url
>wget url
403 Forbidden

>gnome may not work well if you have nvidia

Radeon. I'm on Fedora GNOME atm, it's great. Just Fedora causing issues.

>yes you can
Sweet.

Last questions:
Can I speed up videos by 10%?
Can I do the trimming (beginning and end) and the speed up in the same line?

Computer won't work, I only have 1 boot priority and doesn't do anything if its selected. Help!

I'm surprised you can even use youtube-dl if you're this incapable of the most basic fucking googling.

true, well ' select all ' copy and paste to you editor

trim yes
speed only if you don't use -c copy
trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/How to speed up / slow down a video

ddg.gg
site:trac.ffmpeg.org speed slow

should be fine

my recent experience
>lubuntu 1710
bad
>debian
same
>lubuntu 1604
ok
>moral of the story
never debian with network install
always test with live cd
>t. radeon

>true, well ' select all ' copy and paste to you editor
It looks like this though.

i think sometin wong with your fonts desu

plz halp

In Firefox or in my live usb Fedora?

give link

90% you'll get a 403 but here
bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=1392051

Also original bug
bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1476513

no idea
ask RH

use win32 version of curl instead of 64

I hate Linux

You can just go I to settings / apps and click on Facebook then rather disable and force close or do both but unless you root it Facebook will stay on your phone but disabling or force closing it will at least stop it from using ram etc

When the fuck are Ryzen thinkpads coming out? U don't want to support Intel any longer.

>rip DVD with MakeMKV
>file is larger than 4.7GB
How is this possible?

this is really stupid but it actually works. thanks

I'm trying to create a simple calculator using the Windows API using C++, to get used to it. I'm not sure if I should go the classic route or use the new Universal Windows stuff.

Is this correct English?

>A growing emphasis on and availability
?

I would put the "on" after availability.

Last call for help, please.
Also, I looked it up and other pascal cards also have this issue. As expected, no one had a solution other than the afterburner one.

Why does my Rypoo master software always report RAM as running at 667 Mhz Everywhere else reeports the right speed, but since RM doesn't I can't OC without rebooting, and that usually causes issues.

hate the chink using weird code set

dvd9 or memeMKV did something

How tf do i change my wifi cars on my new laptop ? All screws loosened, but I've only be able to remove the HDD. I don't even find how to remove the battery.

Card not cars. My phone is /o/-biased.

Does anyone have Win7 home premium (64 bit) keys?

I just installed TempleOS. How do I find After Egypt? It doesn't seem to appear in the default home menu

When are the new NVIDIA GPUs supposed to come out again?

why can Konversation never connect to lainchan?
Hexchat and irssi can both connect to the 7 servers I frequent. All the servers and ports are identical between the three programs.
Yet konversation can't connect to lainchan. I get pic related. It stalls on "requesting capabilities" and then times out

You will need to fully disassemble it,why do you want to replace it?

Should I root my phone?

I'm currently stuck and not sure what to do. I started my computer today and my mouse and keyboard wont work at the login screen, so I cant log in or boot into safe mode, because the cunts in Microsoft removed the feature to access safe mode from bios. The mouse and keyboard both work when I enter my UEFI setup page. I tried using the "repair windows" option from a live windows 10 usb but nothing there works, too.
I'm not sure what to do next.

Any good programs similar to Fruity Loops/FL Studio for linux?

Laptop or desktop?

Shitty performance, despite being supposed to be superior to my former laptop (pic related). Either my MB or wifi card is defective or W10 can't keep a weak Wifi signal.

Reinstall Wifi drivers on your new laptop?

What is all this empty space in the firebox bar? I've been wondering about this for a while, comes standard these days.

Yes i know i can just remove it

Been cleaning my computer with compressed air for a while but there's a dust layer on the fans and stuff that only comes off if I run my finger along it.

What should I use to give it a properly good clean?

Isopropyl alcohol and a q-tip.

Desktop

Can you get the latest version of OSX onto an early-2009 iMac via the same method hackintosh users use? When I go to update it says it doesn't meet requirements

Already done.

Windows 10 computer boots to blue screen/bios, can reset to last update can't boot to safe mode. How can I tell if my hard drive is broken or if it's software related?

Nobody ?

Are there actually any torrent clients that force you to download every file?
Why do so many people act like you can't choose which files to download? I've been torrenting for years and have used a couple different clients and have never experienced such a thing.
What clients force you to download an entire torrent?

What does the blue screen say.
Make a Linux USB and check your HDD status.

>I have never used Linux
Its easier than it sounds.
Download Linux Mint Cinnamon.
Use Rufus to put your ISO in.
Boot into it.

Many interesting stuff in my head.. but how to choose major to focus?

>Are there actually any torrent clients that force you to download every file?
>What clients force you to download an entire torrent?
That hasn't happened in over 10 years.

>Why do so many people act like you can't choose which files to download?
Because they're retards that have no business using torrent in the first place.

A few things bad system system configuration or it give me D:\windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srt trails.txt
Gave me the error code d000000e but I haven't been able to find info

>d000000e
Doesn't sound like software related.
Still outside trying to repair with with a USB with a Windows installer i cant tell you much.
I would tell you to reinstall but im sure you don't want that.

Which is the best firefox fork, Palemoon or Waterfox? And which one lets me use more add ons?

The new version of firefox wont let me use most of my add ons so im thinking of switching to one of those two.

Honestly I'd find new addons unless you absolutely can't manage. Old firefox is a sinking ship.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TFcEXMcKrwoIAECIVyBU0GPoSmRqZ7A0VBvqeKYVSww/edit#gid=0

What's a decent SSD to throw in my PS4 Pro? I was thinking I probably wouldn't need more than a 512 gig since I only play a few games.

I don't think I have a choice. I bought a ssd today so I I'm gonna do a fresh windows install any suggestions

If you are installing Windows 7 get Windows 7 Ultimate.
If you are installing Windows 10 get Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016.

>Why
7>10.
And LTSB is windows 10 with everything that makes it bad removed, it lets you disable telemetry, windows defender and Updates through group policy.

I use pixel icon pack, not every floss commie shit I use has a proper icon but it covers most stuff

I know this is not tech support, but.. I need halp with Ubuntu security.
I suspect I have an infection/rootkit. Chkrootkit gives 1 warning (LKM-trojan), rkhunter gives some warnings, neither of them have found anything. Besides secure booting at the BIOS-level, what can I do?

Yeah I was planning on windows 7. When I built my computer I had a cracked copy, is that still viable?

If you're thinking about performance SSD doesn't increase speeds that much on PS4
Samsung SSDs are generally considered the best anyway

Yes.
You will need Daz Loader.

Here is W7 Ultimate download link:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:2534ecaab70e970ffb8a678ba5ae39e8fb945a72&dn=X17-59465.iso&tr=udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969&tr=udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969&tr=udp://tracker.zer0day.to:1337&tr=udp://explodie.org:6969&tr=udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337
Source:
forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/windows-7-sp1-media-refresh-download-links.60681/

And Daz Loader download link:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:37041ba60196e8eff7050a801ebe73cedb8c0748&dn=Windows%20Loader%20v2.2.2&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.zer0day.to%3a1337&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexplodie.org%3a6969
Source: forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/windows-loader-download.58464/

You can download the W7 iso from anywhere as long its the original, meanwhile when it comes to the activator you cant just download it from any link, What i linked is the original source, where the dev posts.

The Session Manager add on is the reason why I wanted to switch to an old firefox browser. Is there a good replacement for it?

awesome thanks brotha, should i put the drivers i need on the same flash drive im booting from or should i just install them in safe mode while im on the new ssd?

You could use something like 3DPNet for network drivers and 3DPChip for the rest (This program comes with adware which will attempt to install if you are connected to internet the moment you are running the installer, you can deny all though).

reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/70hfpw/webextention_alternative_for_session_manager/

Nothing exactly equivalent. Moz probably hasn't made those APIs at this point. You can try running Dev edition or nightly w/ legacy enabled and see if SM still works.

Kind of a random question but did VHS and Video CD create scanlines back in the day on old CRT's? I can't find any information on how they were drawn on the screen. I know VHS is sub-480i, and consoles got around that by drawing every other line to create 240p. I was wondering if VHS did the same, or if it was scaled some other way.

How much space does a fresh LTSB 2016 install take? With updates?
Also anyone use try Honeyview on WINE?

What's the difference between
dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/live-respins/
and the ones you get at getfedora.org?

Someone suggested the "respins" will avoid some issues I've been having during installation.

I need a an app to replace my tv remote
Theres so many options, what do you use Cred Forums?

>app
Your choices are usually limited by what kind of remote tech your tv uses and whether your phone has an IR blaster and what it's compatible with. A lot of them only work with the manufacturer app.

>found an old mp3 player
>it's working fine as a storage, but doesn't recognise the songs to play
>format it into FAT32 and it's still not working
>format it into NTFS (sic!) and it gets broken i.e. stuck on "hello!" screen

I fucked up, but is there any way to repair it now? My PC doesn't recognise it as a USB storage as it used to, it only backlights the player when I plug it in - and it's still stuck on the same 'Hello!' screen.

I have already used some generic apps and I can successfully control my TV with a simple android phone
Im just looking for the beat choice to use it for as a tv remote

LG G6 or V30?

Are you on Windows 10?
If so, try right clicking start and look at "Disk Management" or whatever it's called.

So theres no way to 'cast' from firefox to chromecast. There's some workarounds for linux/mac but none for windows.

I found this however, addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/cast/
I'm wondering how hard it would be to make a web extension for firefox that speaks the chromecast protocol.

yes I'm on Windows 10
unfortunately, it doesn't show my device in that window

What is a thread in Java and why do they need to be declared instead of having just one code that flows from beginning to end

Worth a try. I had the same issue with a USB stick and all I had to do was format it with that specific window and it was recognized again.

Other than that the only thing I can think of is checking the Device Manager and seeing if Windows has drivers for the device. If it's some shitty old one I doubt it though.

It's another 'container' for execution. It allows you to roughly manage in what order things are done.
Kinda like saying that people do many things at once it isn't really true because we jump and forth between them and only 1 gets our priority - so is it with threads that jump back and forth until they're done.

there isn't anything
my only hope is some firmware installing program

does anyone know how to set a persistant environment variable in termux? Ive tried all my dotfiles, but it keeps ignoring them.

Also does anyone know how to make PS1 render correctly? Oddly enough echo gives the right out put.

Nexus 7 2013 has a 1080p screen, kickass specs and an excellent price.

Any online storage recommendations that are 2TB+ and around $10-15 a month? I'm using Hetzner but the speeds are slow since they're in Germany and I'm on some shitty Comcast.

make an iso of your hard drive and flash it to the new computer.

Won't work if you change the hardware/motherboard.

I'm a retarded fucking pleb and my 5.1 surround sound stopped working all of a sudden. Specifically, it says pic related. But they are plugged in. Speakers still work on test and I still have visual from my receiver to monitor.
I know it could be drivers. But how do I download and install new drivers without downloading shitty driver software/kikes trying to de-shekel me?

Shit, i was think of linux

I want to caption an image composed by two pictures, what's the convention for that in English?
"A happy face (top) and a sad one (bottom)"?
"A happy face (above) and a sad one (below)"?

15GB, 21GB.
Try XnView.

I want to get an Amazon Fire 8 because it's dirt cheap. It uses some nonsense garbage OS. Can I wipe that and install android or windows or something?

Why the fuck won't the terminal emulator start when it's a fresh fucking Debian install?
Seems like quite a fucking problem since the Debian baby proofing won't let me log in as root in the graphical log in.

No, you get stuck with their garbage OS.

Well fuck that then. Any alternatives you can recommend?

Depends what you want it for, I bought an iPad for reading on.

Linx make some good cheap tablets.

A thread in Java is an OS thread. As in en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_(computing)
>why do they need to be declared instead of having just one code that flows from beginning to end
Because you're launching a concurrent process that shares memory with the original, and anyone using your code, including you, has to know to access shared data through synchronized methods.

I want it exclusively to study on the subway. I literally just need it to open PDFs and not freeze constantly while opening small text/image files. If it's enough bang for my buck I might play some shitty Roguelikes or card games on it, but that's hardly a deal breaker.
Someone suggested some to me here before but they were on American, not Canadian Amazon and with the dollar/importing, etc, I decided against it.
As cheap as I can possibly get, basically.

Why would anyone buy a non-ti GTX 1050?

They go for $90-110, and GTX 1050Ti is going for $200.
And way better than GT 1030 for only $20 more.
GTX 1060 3GB is about to get more popular since its useless for mining ETH now.

Desperate times make people buy shitty cards.

If i turn off CSM (Compatibility Support Module) in my UEFI then pc boots to bios instead of showing "No boot drive detected. Select a proper boot drive"
What does this mean?

It's tricky then I guess, you could buy a dirt cheap Chink tablet but they usually use Mediatek furnaces for CPUs. Even then support for future OS' is generally poor.

I wanted it for reading so I opted for a nice screen. I chose the iPad 2017 (through an ebay store reseller) and got it for £280 rather than £340. Chose it over the Amazon tablet with a 2560x1600 screen because of the OS.

It's up to you ultimately, like I said Linx make some alright tablets. A decent tablet is worth stumping up a bit of extra money for, or you're going to end up by 2-3 shit ones in the same period of time.

Fuck maybe I will get the amazon one then. I mean it's really only for studying like I said. A bit of research says you can mostly rig it up to act like an android, but it'll give you annoying ads randomly. How the fuck is that even allowed?

The Ti was actually disliked by a lot of reviewers when it came out. You could often find an RX 470 4GB for just a little bit more and it would offer a lot better performance. Also it has the same flaw as the GTX 960 4GB, where it only has a 128-bit memory bus severely limiting bandwidth unless you overclock. The 470 has a 256-bit bus for comparison. It wasn't until all the 470's and 480's were gobbled up by miners that the 1050Ti became a valid option.

It's your call, but I wouldn't wanna touch the Amazon OS again. That fucking carousel is awful, and you get no play store.

I've been doing a bit of research and apparently you can install the play store with the APK. Fuck sakes my laptop is on its last legs and I need a portable study machine.
>Pay $15 to shut off ads

This is horseshit

1050Ti was always a good option because it used 75W, and performed better than AMD 75w equivalent.

You can install it, but it doesn't work properly.

t. someone who had the Fire HD 8

How so? If I just pirate apks and install that should still work the circumvent the play store, right?

It won't let you install stuff from it properly.

You have to sideload pretty much anything you want that isn't on Amazon's store.

I hate this.

Yeah it's shit.

Can you define sideload? Just want to make sure it's as fucked as I think it is

>Download app on another device/from another source
>Put it on a USB or whatever
>Move the file over to the target device

How do you download streams that are delivered in hundreds of pieces?

Oh that's actually less fucked than I thought. God dammit I feel dirty supporting this shit but grades are grades. Thanks for the information user, you've been really helpful.

Good luck with the device user, hopefully you enjoy it more than I did.

I have a seedbox and I'm wondering how I would go about downloading the files to my computer remotely from my android phone. I don't want to auto synch because some of the stuff I snatch is purely for ratio.
Basically I'd like to use my phone to choose what files are downloaded to my computer. Is this possible?

I'm looking at a Dell Precision with a Xeon and one with and i7. The Xeon costs $100 more, does it offer any real benefits for video editing?

Better than the I7, lacks IGPU.

Which i7/Xeons?

let's say that i have a string with data that changes with each loop iteration. how can i point to a specific place in this string and copy ony a fragment of data after that point?

Language?

C++

Damn, my new gaming laptop is working perfectly, running games at ultra and all. Its pretty freaking loud right now though, and its not even that hot? Anyway I can lower the fan noise?

Dude what happened to your font rendering.

idk lol. It's been like that for a while

Yeah that Xeon just has a slightly worse IGP than the i7s. Truth be told I think both of them will throttle on rendering due to low TDP.

So, I can save myself the $90 with no noticeable drop off in performance?

Post specs?
Also low quality gaming laptops are supposed to be loud because their heatsinks are shitty as fuck.
Try cooling a piece that works at 90-150°C under load with a small piece of anemic cooper+Aluminium heatsink and tell me it wont be loud.

I just got a bundle offered to me
The bundle is
Asus x99-deluxe without box and antenna (but IO plate included)
E5-2609 V3 ES QEYV 6core 2.0GHz
G.SKILL 8GB Ripjaws DDR4 2800MHz
And what looks like a chink cooler (looks like a scythe knockoff with to gayman fans)

He's asking $250 for it all and I feel that is a fine deal because I have the case, GPU and PSU already.

What are your thoughts on this? Also yes I know the board don't support ECC ram but 8GB is a okay to start with.

cplusplus.com/reference/string/string/copy/
string::copy has a parameter for an offset

If you're using C strings just add X to a pointer to the string to offset by X characters and pass that to a copy function/start reading frmo there.

okay, thanks

>I feel dirty supporting this shit
You're thinking about it wrong. It's like apple is a unix base but it's basically divorced, same with android/linux in a lot of ways. Amazon is really trying to have their own OS, but they're to lazy to fork harder, and they want it to be easy for devs to add apps to their store. They make all of their Fire devices dirt cheap because they exist to be extensions of their media library. It's like when you buy a super cheap phone that's permalocked to a specific company, because they know it will motivate you to keep getting service from them. Amazon discounts loads of stuff with the expectation it will pay off in the long run. It only makes sense to lock that down as much as possible. As far as they're concerned, the fact that it's still android under the hood is more of a bug than a feature. If you don't like that, pay a little more somewhere else.

Yeah, I can't see any obvious downsides to it.

$90 for a 2-5% difference.

this was a $1300 asus laptop, it had everything i wanted on it but i knew the fan noise would be its weakpoint

Alright so my HDD died and there's all this mapping bullshittery still around with the desktop and what not

Now if I were to put in a new drive a make it the same format name as the old one would it make the desktop map to there or would I still have to go about moving it

It just creates a shortcut on the desktop that points to a specific file/folder location, if it's identical in the new drive it'll work. Probably.

If you are currently playing games those temperatures are ok.
Buy a cooling pad for it, this is one of those cases where it will help temperatures by 3-5°C and be worth it.

but is there a way i can tweak the noise? if it raises it by a few C it should be fine, i usually play with everything (browsers, other programs) closed

So I'm on Windows 10 and am trying to download files from my Google Drive to store on my PC but every time I make an attempt I'm redirected to an all white window with the message "SSL is required to perform this operation." I really need those files. What should I be looking for?

if your new drive is assigned the same drive letter and you name your user the same username then it should be fine if it's windows.

No, a headset maybe.
Background stuff wont affect performance or temperatures on a laptop with those specs.

Maybe import it to a google drive account then sync with the desktop app?

very nice, thanks anons

You're the best user. Just hope I don't have the same error when I boot Debian. Any Linux compatible cloud storage I should be looking out for?

What does the e stand for????????
e-celeb
e-whore

what does the e stand for?

electronic

Electronic.

not ethernet?

Is telegram down?

Is it just me or is Android's file system unable to handle apostrophes?

So I just started playing around with Linux +GNU (Linux Mint) and I am wondering.

Why can't I install Java SDK with the apt command? Why is it not in the repo? Doesn't me having to manually go to the Oracle web site defeat the whole purpose of the "package manager"?

more likely a string parsing bug in the app you're using

Changing a filetype doesn't actually change any bits in that file right? Does it actually have any bearing on the file, or is it just instructions for what kind of program will open the file?
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but I'm just curious

If you mean changing the file extension (like .txt) then no it's just the name of the file.

I really only play Monster Hunter and a few other RPGs with long load times, they do show a lot of improvement with an SSD from videos I've seen, so it's worth it in my opinion here.

Best Android emulator of PC? I'm tired of using the slow, broken bluestacks.

My PSU can't deliver power to the processor, but it can deliver to everything else. Could it be a bad capacitor on the processor rail? Or am im totally wrong?

How do i get started with coding for windows? I used this autoclicker app that is open source and I'm surprised how little code there is. But there is a lot of windows specific things it uses, like WINAPI WinMain() instead of main(), and it references windows callback variables and other stuff.
My question is where would I go to learn the basics of this stuff? I've only ever made things in visual studio.

>My PSU can't deliver power to the processor
Give us the facts, not your theories.

WAT.
Unplug everything except the motherboard (the 24 pin and 4-8 pin power plugs).
Then see if it powers on.

how long until they start making computers with AI that will help you manage them properly, do what you tell them and even program themselves depending on what tasks you give them?

using waterfox 55.2.2
sometimes when i try to load a pdf file into the browser, the RAM usage slowly but steadiliy increases until it hits the maximum which of course triggers a "not enough free memory" warning and then gets terminated by system. (doesn't matter how much RAM/pagefile i have. it eats all of it) what could cause such strange behaviour?
note that it only happens sometimes

Well, everything lights up, but won't boot. I tried in other pc with fresh parts and it's the same problem: the fans starts, the leds light up, but it won't boot. After changing the psu on the new computer, it worked flawless. So, i suppose that the PSU won't deliver power to the processor.
I tried it already, don't work. I tried power it on only with the parts that are needed, but it don't work.

How do I stream my desktop's feed to a TV wirelessly? Do I need a peripheral?

I have a smart TV, but it only has media streaming, which is just being able to browse stuff from my libraries like music, videos, pics. How to I wirelessly achieve the same results as just plugging in a PC to a TV via HDMI?

Okay take the cables out of the motherboard and then find something to make a connection between the green cable and a black cable in the 24 pin plug. This will rule out that the psu is broken.

You are sure that you have the right 4 or 8 pin cable proberly pluged into the cpu power port right?

Maybe post the motherboard model and your psu model then I can look at the manual and say what needs to be pluged where.

Best downloader for Soundcloud and Youtube?

So i purchased a used copy of pokemon platinum which according to the save file hasnt been played since 2009. Now initially my dslite couldnt read the game, i cleaned it but that had no effect and i thought i was scammed with a broken cart, however after leaving it in my DS for a bit it started reading and now works fine

so my question is: do flash carts eventually run out of power and need a charge periodically?

Last thread someone recommended me a new NIC since I said my connection was messed up.
I just wanted to say to the anons that helped me thanks a lot, I got the card in today and my uploads speeds are great.

You don't. Closest thing would be RTMP, which I'm pretty confident your TV doesn't have.

Yes they have an internal battery. Be thankful yours starting working, they usually don't.

Yeah, i pluged it properly. The PSU powers on the motherboard and itself. All the motherboard leds light up, all the fans plugged on it power on too. The thing is, and i think thats the problem, "the processor don't start". And i know the PSU is the problem, because i tested it in other computer that worked flawless with other PSU, but no with the damaged one. The PSU is a CX430.

GBA ones do, NDS ones don't, they have a small capacitor for it which shouldn't discharge even in decades on its own.
Still its been 9 years since it was last used, and probably not stored in proper conditions.

>inb4 pokemon lost platinum crepypasta is born

It does use android, it's just that it uses an obnoxious custom launcher and doesn't come with the google service apps installed so you have to load them up manually before you can use the google play store and such.

If it powers on and the fans spin then your motherboard is more then likely working if your CPU did not get power then the board would not power on.

So now we can see if your GPU is broken (or are you using onboard?)

Is it possible to modify SMART data?
I know that there are 2700 reallocated sectors but i could care less, no new ones have poped out in 2 years.
Yet the startup BIOS message and windows warning keep popping op.

I tried with the GPU on, and with the onboard. The results are the same.

never tried it but i heard that MHDD cans

Then maybe your cpu is broken but still work enough to your pc to power.

Do you know someone with the same socket as your cpu? because then you can check if its your cpu or your motherboard that is broken.

I'm sorry that I cant help more then this, if you lived somewhere I could look at it then I would.

But I have to go to bed now its fucking 3:37 in the morning

Ain't nobody ever held the left grip on a 64 controller.

Can someone please help me out with this?

Is there such a thing as usb c to hdmi?

So I can plug my tablet into a monitor

Is open office a good alternative to MS office?

Depends. If casual use to write documents/essays then yes. If you actually use excel beyond planning groceries then no.

Open office is depreciated in favor of libre office.

>If casual use to write documents/essays then yes.

Yeah, I only want it to be able to write documents and make a nice looking curriculum, I use stata for a more "professional" spreadsheet.

Will check it out, thanks.

No worry, user. Thanks for trying to help.
I have a bro that buyed a new intel pc and i tested the psu on his rig, and it had the same problem. All leds on, all fan on, but no boot. Thats why im guessing that the psu is not delivering power to the processor.

Yes, but it only works on ports that specifically support displayport over usb.

how do i find a job writing linux device drivers? i have written a few before but my city never seems to have postings. how to get my foot into this industry?

Suspected motherboard issues guy here again with the special snowflake 5960x CPU, is there any way to test the components individually?

I know something is broken, it's just a case of finding out if the entire rig is going to slowly fail, and if the expensive components like CPU and gpu are still salvageable, if the problem has been a psu one or mobo one.

Just last night I played some cs with my friend, got absolutely wrecked if I didn't play like an absolute homo, and then both my GPU and CPU fans went berserk at me, my friend said it sounded like my computer was 'reeeeeeee' screaming at me. I immediately checked temps,
GPU was 67 degrees C, CPU was 47, mobo was 30. There was no reason for the fans to be at max speed, and then it made a hot smell like 'stale water' and the fans went back to their normal speed, doing their reeeee thing every 10 minutes or so, and releasing that awful smell all the time. Maybe the sealed liquid cooling is leaking or some shit. Idk.

Bets video editor on Arch. I realize nothing's going to compare to Premiere but i need something decent

What would happen if someone from Geek Squad or a computer repair person bricks a customer's computer while he was trying to fix it? Would the.company buy the customer a new computer or something?

There's no such thing as 'bricks a computer' once you're willing to replace parts. They just add the parts they broke to the repair bill and act like they were broke to begin with. Same as a mechanic or doctor.

Is there a way to mirror tablet that doesn't have displayport over usb on a monitor?

thanks.

Is it bad to charge your phone at a rate lower than it should be charging?
Say if you use a weaker charger, or have it plugged in to the Computer or something. Usage would probably mean you drain more than you gain

Is there a good defrag program I should use or will any do?

Its actually better to charge it slower.
Still a slow charger doesn't mean a better charger, example all chink and shitty chargers work at 5V@1A which can damage and kill your phone with time.

In any PC it will charge at [email protected].

anyone have a solution to this? doesn't really happen when I'm in games but more when I'm just browsing the net or multitasking. freezes pc until it solves itself.

Open resource monitor.
Check what is using your HDD when it happens.

Its probably telemetry, Windows defender or updates.

>Its actually better to charge it slower.
Even if while you're charging, and using the phone, you're basically losing charge instead of gaining it?
Asking because I'm getting an MHL cable, 2.0 has pretty slow charging and I don't want to damage my phones battery.
What's wrong with 1A? I'm not really sure how it works since I use my Chromecast plug, but that goes through the MHL adapter which is likely chink

That sounds unethical

If you are using your phone while charging it the battery will charge slower but not be damaged, what will be affected will be the charger since it will be under stress, same thing happens to cheap and Chinese laptop chargers.

>What is wrong with 1A
Nothing, but most chargers that work at 1A are built in a shitty way, example the 50 cent box chargers.
No insulation, can get you electrocuted(Which wont kill you but you will feel it), will damage your phone and battery.

what are the popular panels that people use? I'm looking to replace the one in KDE

no clue

Thanks for all the info bro

>what are the popular panels that people use?
Most recent Iphone.
Nokia 6-8.
Moto G.
Moto X.

Others but not recommended:
Recent Samsung phone.
Shittiest LG.
Redmi phone.

When you notice take a screenshot of what is using it.

Still i doubt a MHL cable will damage your phone unless its was a counterfeit.

Quick subnetting question
How can i determine the last available host address of a network which has a host-ip adress of 48.25.24.71/21 ?
I get how to find the subnet mask, and that the least siginificant bit is 8 and thus i should multiply by 8 giving me a possible list of available networks to be:
and so on
but how do i determine the last possible host adress from this information ?

Friend offered me his R9 290 for $60. He's a decent friend, we don't talk as much as we used to, but that's because of work, family, etc.
Am I being paranoid that he's just trying to offload his dead mining card?
Is it worth it?

So boson said the asnwer is 48.25.31.254
Im guessing this means that since 48.25.32.0 was multiple of 8 we have to go down by 0.0.0.1 to make room for the last address in the broadcast adress

I'm still missing some bits of knowledge with Linux, how would I go about moving /home on sdc4 to another partition on sda? Then after that, how would I expand /, mounted on sdc2?
sdc is a 256GB SSD, and sda is a 1.5TB platter drive. Pic related is the sdc partition layout right now, and sda is blank right now (going to create sda1 for /home).
I know how to create and manage partitions in a basic fashion, but I'm entirely unsure how to manage mount points for the OS (I can mount hardware manually though), or how to expand a partition.

so why the fuck did it chose the multiple of 8 to be 32 ? I dont fucking get it , why is it 48.24.32.0 instead of 64 etc

A subtle way to find out is to ask him if he will accept BTC for the trade. If he says yes, there's a decent chance that it's a mining card. If he says "how?" or "what?" (or something along those lines), it's fairly safe. If he says yes, and you still want to buy it, just say okay let me look at my current balance, and then stall until you just pay normally. Make up some bullshit excuse.

You could develop an extension for VS, as far as I'm aware you can hook into Intellisense with that.

When are the new Nvidia GPUs supposed to be announced?

Okay, I asked he'd accept bitcoin for it, he seemed to not know what I meant.
I then was blunt with just outright asking "I don't want to buy this to have it die not long after purchase because it'd been run dry from mining cryptocurrency" (Probably a dumb move, not sure yet), and he said he was considering it, but not sure where to start.
Again, I might just be paranoid as fuck, but that seems a little shady.

#quickReply #qrForm input[type="text"], #quickReply #qrForm textarea {
width: 500px;
}
#quickReply #qrForm textarea {
height: 200px;
}

why isnt this working?

You could always say you intend to use it as a crypto miner, and ask if he'd be able to help.

So, I've got this idea of making a danmaku game using a math plotting library. Do you guys know any good programming language to do this with ?

What's your markup looking like?

You could go web-based and do it in the browser with d3.js

making bread

I dont know what that means.

Thats just a copy and paste to increase the reply box size, but its not working.

Need to see the HTML code that goes with.
HTML = HyperText Markup Language

What's the appeal ?

that's all I got.

It supposed to go here

Larger market, easier to maintain.
The downsides are it's in the browser, and browsers are a mixed bag of feature support. If you decide to do it that way, and need to see what your options are for code writing, see caniuse.com/

dpaste.de/dh3a/raw

Oh, it's for 4chink. Try this on for size:
#quickReply input[type="text"], #quickReply textarea {
width: 500px;
}

#quickReply textarea {
height: 200px;
}

Just tested, worked for me.

Thank you!

Rename the files with added zeroes as needed like 010 or 0010 etc depending on list size