Who is the person you look up to in the field of computer science?

Who is the person you look up to in the field of computer science?

Whoever's approving my hours

Gary Kildall.

>god tier
Leslie Lamport
Bob Widlar
50s-70s MIT AI guys
Heinz von Foerster
the Loper OS guy
Terry Davis

>filthy peasant tier
the Unix/C guys
famous microsoft code monkey bloggers like that Joel dude
normie hardware hackers
Curtis Yarvin

Randi Harper the best female Conduct Coder FreeBSD has ever had. Take that neckbeard virgins. #thisiswhatanengineerlookslike

My future self.

djb

>In 2001 Bernstein circulated "Circuits for integer factorization: a proposal,"[33] which caused a stir as it potentially suggested that if physical hardware implementations could be close to their theoretical efficiency, then perhaps current views about the number of bits required to store useful keys might be off by a factor of three, meaning that the numbers themselves are off by a power of three. 512-bit RSA was then breakable, and, therefore, perhaps 1536-bit RSA would be too. Bernstein was careful not to make any actual predictions, and emphasized the importance of correctly interpreting asymptotic expressions.

godammit the NSA has this doesn't they

>2001
yeah, for sure

Linus T. (Tech Tips).

>Sergey Nazarov
>Stallman
>my dad

>Bob Widlar

A true legend. No HR department would hire him today.

my professor at the local community college where i took intro C++

>myprofessor reviews say he blows away all the uni professors
>doesnt have any CS degree of any kinds, used to be a pilot
>doesn't hold your hand, lets you figure things out while always pushing you in the right direction

Fucking love the guy. I got my degree in Biochemistry and his freshman course pushed me harder than my senior level classes.

Bret Victor.
I became a fan of his talks.

The guys from 9front, thank you crazy bastards.
Charles H. Moore
Woz, he was pretty baller at the time.
Terry

A friend of mine has a similar anecdote with a professor of hers that's an IT bachelor or something mundane like that, however the dude teaches pretty much everything in the physics curriculum at her uni.
Kinda funny to see his cv compared to his peers but still people think highly of him.

also props to n-gate guy.

assuming he's actually one person, tj holowaychuk

why wouldn't he be just a single dude?

based

I think Terry's work is pretty impressive. I don't know any work done by real computer scientists, though.

there is speculation that he is a hivemind because of the absurd amount of work that he's accomplished and inconsistencies in coding style between commits

Joe Armstrong and Leslie lamport as real world solutions.

Joe Armstrong guest lectured at my uni the other week
It was a actually really good
>feelsgoodman.jpg

On top of my head I'd say Claude Shannon and Bill Gates if he counts as CS

Richard Stallman
Linus Torvalds
Karlie Kloss

>Bill Gates if he counts as CS
Bill Gates contributed nothing of importance to computer science.

Donald Knuth

are you that user who asked up what to ask? were there some good questions (and answers)?

>Sergey Nazarov

Is he alive?

Ted Nelson. Almost exclusively. He's the only guy who's traced something like a genealogy of computer "science". Stallman is kind of a bore but sure, let's add him.

Off the top of my head, Theo de Raadt, and Linus. Babbage if we count dead people. Can't think of anyone else right now.

Ted Nelson for me too.

ZEROCOOL

>community college
>used to be a pilot
mfw face when I know who you're talking about.

Terry Davis, Larry Wall, Linus Torvalds

the n-gate guy actually seems a little 2edgy4me sometimes

he's pretty much right about everything though