Is this a good computer desk?

Other urls found in this thread:

ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50219044/
ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/spr/79006419/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Does it suit your needs?

Does it cost more than $50?

Just get a beech wood desk from ikea along with $4 legs

The side shelves for speakers are a bit dumb imo, provided thats what they are for. Most speakers of that size are meant to be triangulated toward you, not run parallel with each other. And those shelves are so small it appears you don't have the option to triangulate them.

Eh, looks like Chinese crap. The wood is probably particle board which will start peeling soon, the metal welds are probably shit that will start coming apart in a few months. Honestly if you want decent quality stuff check out a goodwill or second hand shop, or build something yourself

That's a table, cock jockey.

What's the difference?

I actually have that exact desk. It's called Ikea Fredde or something. It's very good imo

Looks like wobbly cheap chinkshit.

Decent desk, side shelves are dumb

I'd say no because it wouldn't fit my monitors

If you have to ask then you have no business using a computer. Kill yourself immediately.

ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50219044/

>$230
Hahahahahahaha, no, you're fucking dumb.

Was planning on getting one, but went for the Bekant, as it has a lot more usable space and I can put my monitor further away from me.

>desk: a flat surface supported by 4 or more legs
>table: a flat surface supported by 4 or more legs
Woah

>not calling it shitposting workbench

cute cat

Thanks, he's still figuring Fredde out.
Side shelf only makes sense as a stepping stone for him btw.

It's a pretty good premium IKEA© Furniture, the shelf customisability is pretty good. It's stable and provides lots of space
t. Swede a.k.a. Ikea employe at birth

All those computer desks are uncomfortable as fuck.

Get a normal desk.
Or if you don't have enough space use a laptop.

The material on the Fredde looks and feels really cheap. It's some shitty plastic veneer over what's probably LDF or MDF.

faggot

I have been using the freddie with 3 monitors 4 years. Literally the only good IKEA product

Whats the cats name

I need a desk with a shelf that has enough room for a dual 1920x1080 monitor setup (1 in the center, 1 on either side), and plenty of area for a large mousepad/small cat bed to the sides of the keyboard
Finally gave in and bought pic related last year. Had to wallmount a monitor on the left because the shelf was too small, and the surface is still pretty cramped.
Can anybody here with a similar setup recommend a desk? Just wish I could elongate it a bit with and maybe some drawers on one side.

>bought this even though I thought the cup holders were tacky as fuck
>ended up being my favorite part about the desk

Don't you want to roll your gear in/out easily?

(OP)
Don't you want to roll your gear in/out easily?

I have this (from Ikea). It's typical Ikea stuff: the frame is solid but the surfaces are crap and probably won't last more than a few years.
But it's really nice. You have two cup holders, you can slide the keyboard under when eating and watching stuff, you can store some crap on the tablet at the top and on the sides, etc.

AHAHAHA

NO JERKER

YOU ALL LOSE

Looks wobbly and cheap. For that price you could probably get a larger, sturdier commercial desk.

If you need anything fancier than pic related then you're clinically retarded.

how stable are those legs? that shit just sits with 4 bolts, no side support at all.

I have it works pretty well I have a 27 inch monitor on so it's plenty big

A metal plate screws into the desk with 5 screws and the leg screws into the metal plate
The plate spreads a lateral load across a larger surface area and it ends up being a lot more stable than you'd thing

this is my computer desk right now. $30 at walmart

jeff

MAKE SURE THE DAMN COMPUTER FITS UNDER IT

There was one someone posted where they bought a metal shelving unit. Had their monitor mounted to it. It was nice too, cause you can put the shelves where ever you want. Also it makes cable management really easy too. I wish I knew where I put the god damn picture of it. That's gonna be my next computer " desk ", for sure.

How do you deal with the center bulge?

Designed for the 0.1% of people who have nothing on their desk.
>but a fruit device is the only thing I need in life.

>wasting space with useless shelves and stuff

table is good enough

Who the fuck still uses a desk?

Desks are bloat.
Use the floor

How deep the tabletop is? For me anything less than 75cm is a no go.

cute.
I had to put a cardboard bowl-shaped "scratcher" on my desk to encourage my cat to sleep on the desk. He was a foundling and he's not really fond of people.

Sitting is bad for your health

Either stand or Slavic squat, preferably a combination of both

who the fuck still uses a computer?

I've got pic related, but with an oak finished top instead of this gaudy yellow. I think its one of the variants of the Galant from Ikea.
Adjustable standing desk. Its basically a table you can raise up and down , and I'd say that tables are better than your standard computer desk.
I keep a Sony stereo, book case speakers, full tower, laptop dock and dual monitor arm on it. It doesn't look cluttered, it doesn't serve as a giant dust and cobweb trap like a high top computer desk typically does. There is a shit load of leg room under it too. Couldn't really ask for more than that.

It isn't the 90s anymore. You don't need to store hundreds of jewel cases in a cabinet next to your monitor. Computer desks are inferior. Get yourself a table.

> I POSTED IT AGAIN XDDDDD

>no LED lights
It isn't.

Those flimsy leg chairs can't sustain my big butts.

I will give you advice that took me several desks to realize. Those shitty press board pieces of shit you can pick up for under $250 are not going to last worth a fuck.

Get a solid wood "desk shell", it'll run a few hundred but it will last forever. For the same price of some piece of shit at staples I managed to get a huge ass desk shell thats solid wood and I could even take it all apart again if I ever need too.

Also as a benefit it makes your workspace look like an adults instead of some kid in their bedroom.

oops, here is a pic of what I was talking about

sheet of ply slightly bigger than the desk itself smooths things out pretty well. The issue i always had with them is they sagged in the middle eventually.

My fiance and I are looking at computer desks for our new place, and we decided to just build our own.
$100 in wood gets you way more then you'll ever be able to buy in a store.
A sheet of MDF, pine boards, table legs, and hardware. Buy it at a place like Home Depot and they'll get the wood to length for you in store. All you have to do is glue, screw, and sand.
Stain is optional.

Buy 3 6x120 framing boards, have them cut in half, and you have the top to a 36 x 60 desk made from real wood that'll last a life time. Or you can be a hipster and buy different finished reclaimed barn wood sections for pretty much the same price.

>MDF
please leave

You use the MDF as the underlay to affix the top to. It just holding the boards in place so you can tightly screw them together and take up gaps before you sand it all flush.
Work smart, pal.

>lights face you and blind the fuck out of you

Perfect

what a fucking waste of material
what a piece of shit desk

>not making your own desk to perfectly suit your needs
holy shit user, seriously?

Not everyone can operate a hammer

make a design, go to furniture making company, they will cut all the wood/whatever you want for you, they will even drill holes for you, buy a 1$ screwdriver and couple screws at hardware store and youre good to go. no need for hammer

pic related has decent reviews just dont want a particle board desk with CAM screws again

I have one and its pretty decent. you can adjust the height of both the main shelves and you can also move the side shelves around or put them both on the same side.

btw those solid black panels on the ends of the main shelves are useless. dont bother installing them if you buy this.

its actually swedish crap

you can move the side shelves around

i put both my side shelves on the same side and i also tossed out those metal panels.

their kivik line of sofas is actually really decent. the passageway to my living area in my improvised basement apartment was too tight for a full sized couch so i bought this because its actually 4 pieces so i can move the pieces into the room and then put it all together.

those modestly panels are a pain in the ass to deal with especially when the power outlet is on the other side.

ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/spr/79006419/

The L shape gives you more work space. Its all open underneath so no little port holes or other BS you have to run cable through.

>yellow fever discarded