>enthusiast tier
Linksys wrt1200ac stock or openwrt
>big house tier
Ubqt edgerouter x + unifi ap ac lite

wifi is bloat
wifi networks are bloat
just use a modem

Anything for 30€ on craiglist with an custom firmware

All those wifi routers combos are garbage.
Dedicated router + dedicated wireless AP is the patrician way.

FritzBox is top tier.

>FritzBox
Bernd plz

whats a cheap gigabit router? not trying to spend over $50 bc im poor asf

Can't recommend a router without knowing what you want to do with it.

Someone with 100mbps comcast is going to get a different router recommendation from me than someone with 1gbps fiber service.

>Ubqt
Enjoy being spied on.
Ubiquity routers send your metadata to the manufacturer, including lists of MAC addresses and usage patterns.

Do you have literally ANY proof or are you just meming?

I have a tenda ac6, the wifi is pretty good.

He is halfway memeing, data is collected when you use a Ubiquity subscription service on there devices, but I cant find anything that says they send data if you just use it without any Uniquity service

ubnt.com/legal/privacypolicy/
>The Usage Data that we collect may include information such as your device data, including your mobile devices, sensor data, device signals, device parameters, device identifiers that may uniquely identify your devices, including your mobile device, web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform type, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your devices or browser. IN ADDITION, WE MAY AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT LOCATION INFORMATION (INCLUDING LATITUDE AND LONGITUDE), PERFORMANCE DATA, MOTION DATA, TEMPERATURE DATA, POWER USAGE DATA, AND ANY DATA OR SIGNALS COLLECTED BY THE DEVICES AS PART OF THE USAGE DATA. WE DO NOT COLLECT THE CONTENTS OF ANY COMMUNICATIONS THAT PASS THROUGH OUR DEVICES OR SERVICES.
= almost everything except the contents of packets.

Yeah, i haven't seen anything from my ubiquiti access points that is going out to the world, but I don't use a ubiquiti router, i'm using a pfsense box. Maybe a ubiquiti router would pass through some meta-data without my knowledge, but monitoring it with my pfsense box and i've seen nothing.

I upgraded to fiber reticently and bought this. D-Link DIR842. It's cheap and handles my 600/600Mb connection breddy gut, both wired and wireless.

I'm running a pakedge RK-1 that a friend sold to me, I was using Araknis before but both worked really well for me and had great remote management features

>ubnt.com/legal/privacypolicy/
You fucking stupid ass nigger, look at the beginning of that Usage section:
>Usage Data. As described in this section, we may automatically collect information from your Products, Mobile Apps and web browser when you use our Sites, Web Apps or Subscription Services ("Usage Data").
THEY AREN'T TALKING ABOUT DATA COLLECTION FROM THEIR HARDWARE
disingenuous fucking faggot probably can't even afford ubiqiuiti shit as cheap as it is

>from your Products