Install visual studio 2008

>install visual studio 2008
>opens instantaneously
>1.2 GB install size
>intellisense is instant
>looks like it belongs in the OS
>font rendering is the same as the rest of the OS
why aren't you using the last great version?

in before vim kiddos

What can you make with it

Because Jetbrains Rider is a thing.

outdated compilers

you can install all the latest compilers and SDKs though

Question for the thread, I have some old Visual Basic code from when I was in High School, 2002 or so is when I wrote it. Would Visual Studio let me edit and recompile that code?

Why not Code::Blocks?
Why not KDevelop?

I use 2010

iq89 the post

>1.2 GB install size
bloated

> C++11 keywords get underlined as syntax errors.
No thanks.

>be *nixfag
>everyone at work uses Windows
>faggot coworker decides to use a SQL Server project for our DB
>can't use VS2017 in Linux
>have to write a homebrew solution in Node.js that will pull changes and re-deploy the database
>this takes all weekend to get the CREATE TABLE scripts to fire in the correct order
>mrw

agreed, but vs2017 is 15gb minimum

You sound like cool goy, I like

This project's been a bitch. Running SQL Server in Docker so I don't clutter up my root partition, VSCode for development, and one-off Node scripts for all the little things that I can't do without the Microsoft Botnet.

except its not, if you need only c++ then its as light as my cute legs in stripped socks

iq -21 the post

>why aren't you using the last great version?
Because it doesn't even support C++11 (or whatever shitty ms dialect should be called) and it's 2018.

2010 doesn't even have working intellisense for C++. I use it with vax and it lags like hell. Still not as slow as msvs15 though.

>be *nixfag
>be too retarded to be able to run a VM to use visual studio for the SQL Server part
>spend an entire weekend working for free because you're retarded

>one of those fucking autists that try to do trivial things in the most time consuming and pointless way imaginable.

A good boss would be looking for ways to get rid of people like you.

Why not VS 2010, though? Is it far more bloated? As, you know, it still has 2 years of support left when VS 2008 goes EOL in a few months

It is more bloated, unstable and has some basic features disabled (they were available in 2008 and 2010 developers preview but were disabled due to instability).