Best Laptops 2017/2018

After lots of research, it's the
Asus Laptop range.
Speficially the S510 range of Ultrabook i7 256ssd
Out ranks and out peforms all competition and with asthetic style.

Anyone else find anything worth while sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

geekbuying.com/item/Mi-Notebook-Pro-Fingerprints-15-6-256GB-Space-Gray-385791.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

laptops are garbage and will only get more garbage

x1 carbon 6th gen, maybe T480s with WQHD screen.

>laptops are garbage and will only get more garbage
Says the neet who barely goes outside of his mom's basement.

Get a U series processor. HQ is a housefire meme for gaymurs or rarely for someone who needs a workstation.

An i5 8250u or a i7 8550u runs quiet, runs cool, runs long and last long.

When are laptops going to move from soda can aluminum to something more durable? A laptop made in 2018 with current display and battery technology could last years without going obsolete if they just had quality metal and changeable batteries. Also I would buy Ryzen over Intel to get rid of one backdoor.

The laptop in OP picture is a little too thin for my taste, I'd like mine to be about twice that thick. Just fill it with quality parts and not empty space.

dell xps 13 with 1080p screen and intel 8550 + 16 gb

they've been getting better actually, keyboards aside.

They were really garbage when SSDs and intergrated graphics weren't a thing or were complete garbage and so much as a fart in general direction would brick the system.

The real problem with laptops is that they're basically carbon copies of the macbook

you're a retard if you're looking at specs alone, the build quality on asus\acer\toshiba\ is absolute trash, asus especially

enjoy your fucked hinges and board problems

please tell me how you do take your tower to meetings, coffee houses, on a trip, to a train/plane, ...

I have the 14" model of that dont buy them the cooling is abysmal i got memed hard

that's what smartphones are for

laptops are for shitposting in bed

sure you can work on smartphone
that 6" is perfect for graphics/dev

please stop

Looks like very cheap plastics case.

I do this from time to time - rdp into my office computer with phone.

Horrible experience fell totally exhausted after 45min of work that would take 15min with proper mouse and keyboard.

x230 with coreboot

Had one of those.

Fake metal, case is actually plastics just wrapped in very thin layer of metal to make it look more expensive.

Didn't really have any mechanical problems with it but couldn't get cooling sorted, can't remember what the issue was - would not remember setting from power plan or something like that.

Which is a good build user?

is it dual channel?

zillion channel

that better gotta be fast

blazing fast

so i have a haswell acer, 12gb ram, 15 in, 1366x768

i know acer leaves much to be desired sometimes, but ive put way too much effort into this thing to just buy a new one

but i gotta be realistic, should i buy a new battery/screen, is it worth it after 4 yrs or should i just get a new laptop

What is a good laptop to get for learning computers?

get a HP Elitebook x360 1030 user.

1020 also ok.

Any ThinkPad will easily smoke all these.

For real? I had one and it used to get very hot

I've had an ASUS model similar to the one in OP pic. Its lasted and gotten the job done but if I was to buy today I would go with the Dell XPS 13.

Dell XPS 13/15 and HP Spectre x360 are the two big ones for sheer quality, features, and performance as long as you don't play modern games and care about a dedicated GPU.
Don't fall for the Surfacebook memes.

Behold, the final stage of computing has arrived...

Why does this picture smell like reddit and soylent

Because you associate having actual taste with those two things.

>Sheer quality
>HP
>No precision trackpad
>The only reason why someone would want a modern GPU is for gayms
Hi Cred Forums.

>t420
>upgrade ram
>remove cd tray for HD
and enjoy

>apple
>taste

good one user

double notepad and pen. why going for the ipen pro when you carry a notebook anyways?

best in price/performance
geekbuying.com/item/Mi-Notebook-Pro-Fingerprints-15-6-256GB-Space-Gray-385791.html

You can find them, you just need to spend some money. Dell's higher end enterprise laptops are made of magnesium and carbon fiber and nake it very easy to replace/upgrade parts. Same story with the higher end thinkpads.

8xxxu runs just as hot if not hotter than 7xxxhq

Just bought a new xps 13 today, hopefully it wasn't a mistake with the new design.
I was waiting for the new 14" gram with tb3 but they don't seem to give much of a shit about it so i guess fugg em.