LINUX IS MORE INSECURE THAN WINDOWS/MACOS

Wikileaks Reveals CIA Malware that Hacks & Spy On Linux Computers

The OutlawCountry Linux hacking tool consists of a kernel module, which the CIA hackers load via shell access to the targeted system and create a hidden Netfilter table with an obscure name on a target Linux user.

"The new table allows certain rules to be created using the "iptables" command. These rules take precedence over existing rules, and are only visible to an administrator if the table name is known. When the Operator removes the kernel module, the new table is also removed," CIA's leaked user manual reads.

Although the installation and persistence method of the OutlawCountry tool is not described in detail in the document, it seems like the CIA hackers rely on the available CIA exploits and backdoors to inject the kernel module into a targeted Linux operating system.

thehackernews.com/2017/06/cia-linux-hacking-tool-malware.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yaS3vaNUYgs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Czeched digits.

Also your title should be "Linux is less secure than Windows/MacOS". The way you've written it is stupid.

So there is specific malware targeting Linux.
Do they not need that for the other OSs? Maybe they already got backdoors for them?

Would you say that makes Linux less secure?

FUCKING CIA NIGGERS FUCKING DIE

Windows is already backdoored so they don't have to make tools for that.

>June 30th. 2017
why do people dig up ancient news articles and post them here so often?

>consists of a kernel module, which the CIA hackers load via shell access to the targeted system
Isn't that basically equivalent to a rootkit?

root was a mistake

So you need shell access first? It's fucking nothing.

Bit off topic, but isn't O'Connor a massive cunt?

>LINUX IS MORE INSECURE THAN WINDOWS

The only thing more insecure than windows is (You).

Nice quads btw senpai.

*friendly_hug*

Yes. OP is a moron who doesn't understand that you can write malware for anything and the hard part is actually installing it.

This is it. The only secure os left is templeos. I will migrate today

Because lonely kids, desperate for attention, sometimes turn to roleplaying as shills or "government disinformation agents" in order to feel like they matter to someone. They tell themselves, over and over again, that it's all just "le epic Cred Forums troll culture" (whatever that is) but really they're just desperate for any kind of human contact.

They have malware for every platform, backdoors are bullshit.

Pretty sure you need a ROOT access to load kernel modules. So it's LESS than nothing.

The Pope cursed her. She's going to hell.

Well, it's more like this comes after using some exploit to gain root privileges.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

No

>mfw disabled module loading on my gentoo installation
Should I be bothered?

The CIA can literally recompile your kernel and hotswap it in place.

>requires system access beforehand
>2017
Old news and fake news. Linux is significantly more secure than windows and mac.

>which the CIA hackers load via shell access
>load via shell access

>which the CIA hackers load via shell access
So hu... you need a shell first...

Yeah but she has a great fucking voice
youtu.be/yaS3vaNUYgs

>implying I enabled hotswapping

QUADS NEVER LIE! FREETARDS BTFO!

Probably already patched

thanks for posting a link to a story from last year that tells us nothing we already didn't know.

linux: still lightyears ahead in terms of security than WINDOWS.

get the fuck off of this board and come back when:
> you're not a dense faggot
> when you know what you're talking about.

i can't tell if this is bait or if you're just a fucking retard? it says nothing about linux being more 'insecure'. dumb cunt.

> literally
suuuure they can. sure. if they have physical access to the system, know my credentials and a bunch of other features/settings that need to be enabled. why make things up? is learning something too hard for you? let me guess: american, right?

i swear to GOD that bill gates is behind this thread. i've never seen so much retardation in one thread before.

I'm not sure I can believe that. However I do believe Linux to be not suitable for desktop, not now, not in 25 years.

>humming intensifies

They also need root to load it, so its literally useless

System d being unaudited

Wow, lots of damage control from Linuxfags

the CIA figured out how to make a kernel module, holy shit.

it's not like I'm running nvidia kernel binaries right now

blacklist battery
blacklist parport
blacklist parport_pc
blacklist ppdev
blacklist pcspkr
blacklist mei
blacklist mei_me
blacklist ipmi_devintf
blacklist tpm_infineon

>implying windows is secure
found the ms representative

>MORE INSECURE
IT'S LESS SECURE

TARD

>lots of damage control
You mean no damage control. There's no damage control because there is no damage in the first place.
You need root access in the first place for this shit to even work.

so everyone should have unlimited privileges?

THANK YOU BASED STEVE JOBS

Wrong BSD, fag

It will probably be completely fixed within a week lol

Yes

Oh wait...
>June 30, 2017
I bet its fixed now

You're mistaken. There is no vulnerability to patch. This is a tool for if they find a vulnerability. OP is full of shit as usual.

>patching the ability to install shit
The only people more unsmart than OP are you idiots posting in this thread.

Increasingly more less insecure

>2017/06
>neo Cred Forums still fall this overused b8

See, these are the benefits of open source
Nah nigga, gimme the closed esta source shit available, I don't want pajeet or ivan to know what's in the code
If you get viruses on windows is because you're retarded, use windows 10, install updates, don't use kmspico botnet
Easy as fuck
Never understood the Linux mania from Cred Forums. Sure is good for compiling shit but for everyday use, just use windows.

>Yes. OP is a moron who doesn't understand that you can write malware for anything and the hard part is actually installing it.
Not if you convince hardware manufacturers that inserting your code into the management engine is in the best interests of national security and you happen to be a government agency that possibly has the power to shut them down if they don't comply.

>I don't want pajeet or ivan to know what's in the code
>closed source will save your ass

Works fine for me

what did she do? other than denounce something that turned out to be proven categorically true a decade later

>i don't know what reverse engineering is or does
Just to help you, it helped to build the most decent botnets on Windows.

>mfw lincucks think they are safe

>which the CIA hackers load via shell access to the targeted system

How the fuck did they even get shell access in the first place? If you get shell access, you can practically do anything you fucking want. The machine is owned.

Mentally ill. Bipolar. Nuttier than a Snickers bar.

>ITT people don't know the difference between remote and local exploits.

>which the CIA hackers load via shell access to the targeted system
right... so why is this anything amazing? If they have shell access you're pwned anyway. Why would they even need to exfiltrate traffic in that case?

Reminder that windows pioneered the majority of anti expoitation techniques, and the only way to get the majority of them on Linux is to pay a subscription for grsecurity, otherwise you're far less secure on Linux

>IMPLYING ANYONE IS SAFE FROM GLOW IN THE DARK CIA NIGGERS

EVEN AIRGAPPED TEMPLEOS IS E Z

FUCK OFF

Meh I'm not running a PSP/ME CPU so I'm fine. Suck it fags.

>Wikileaks Reveals CIA Malware that Hacks & Spy On Linux Computers
Such malware is not required for Windows considering their documentation for """basic""" telemetry spans almost 4000 lines of text.

>targeted system
At least with Linux you have to be targeted. With Windows they just pick up the red phone and Bill Gates sends them a .csv with the info (more or less).

Nice quads tho.