Is this setup possible/viable?

After the FreeBSD feminist fiasco I’ll be moving my home lab and systems away from it. The setup is solely based on Linux and OpenBSD and replaces jails with dockers.

>I make technical decisions based on the political ideologies of the developers of the technical solutions available

>i keep using their shit, showing my support for their ideologies

> implying those decisions will not drain capable manpower and replace it with dead weight therefore degrading the project quality.
Besides Linux has a bigger market share and knowledge with these technologies will be beneficial.

> Docker cluster on RPi3
I won't even put a reaction image.

It’s a lab you dumbass. Those are not critical services.

>using their shit is showing support for their ideology
>baseless alarmism and fearmongering

Not sure why you aren't running SmartOS on most of this. Seems like the perfect use case.

There are two reasons: the hardware support is even poorer than FreeBSD and from what I’ve
gathered there are issues with Ryzen. The second reason is that there are no plans for a SMB3 on their kernel mode CIFS system.

Yes it's possible but you need to setup Vlans between your servers

You are retarded. FreeBSD is a project which prioritizes copy pasting a code of conduct from a radical feminist site over patching meltdown/Spectre.

I ran into the same issues, glad I'm not the only one, because I do like SmartOS, just don't have the proper HW to run it.

>people who write kernel code also write codes of conduct

>not realizing that mitigations are already MFCed to STABLE

when it comes to deciding whether to prioritize the feelings of autistic neckbeards vs. getting googlebux and bezosbux any responsible software project will make the correct choice

STABLE does have a different connotation on FreeBSD. STABLE is a rolling release and is not meant to be used on production. There are no estimated dates for fixing RELEASE and LEGACY. That’s a clear sign that this project is in shambles and everyone should get away from it.

I want to hug user. Do you consent?

I'm thoroughly familiar with FreeBSD's branches. None of the BSDs have committed mitigations to their production branches and that's because the projects did not get 6 months' notice like Linux did.

Dragonfly had their patches released on January 5th.

Spot the reddit spacing.

I already have a similar setup with jails with vimage enabled for the DMZ jails. Can docker publish its apps on multiple VLANs? Is it safe?

>dragonfly is relevant

Maybe It will be after the competent members of the FreeBSD community leave the project.

>implying that anyone who matters in the FreeBSD project is dropping their tendies over not being allowed to call people niggers in the mailing lists

Use dragonflybsd and hammer for the file servers. It will save you a lot of unnecessary trouble.

>ditch ZFS and use hammer/2 because you're offended by shit that doesn't apply to you

Does hammerfs handles the replication or is it just a distributed lock manager like OCFS2? On linuxland you need OCFS2 on top of something that syncs the disks like DRBD or a single shared SAN system.

Relevant? Maybe not. Competent? Hell yes. The same could not be said about SJWBSD.

Hammer handles replication. Requires almost no setup and maintenance. In my system I benchmarked it as 16% faster than FreeBSD's ZFS but that was a while ago and you want to use alpine so you should run a benchmark is performance is very important to you. I use dragonfly in all my contracting work for replicated storage though, never had a single issue on petabyte scale deployments.