Are LG smartphones any good? Currently thinking about getting the G4. What do you think?

Are LG smartphones any good? Currently thinking about getting the G4. What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

xda-developers.com/one-class-action-lawsuit-against-lgs-bootloop-issue-has-been-compelled-into-arbitration/
droid-life.com/2018/01/31/lg-settles-bootloop-lawsuit/
google.rs/amp/s/forum.xda-developers.com/g4/general/lg-g4-bootloop-fix-t3488449/amp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Go Samsung.

*bootloops in you're hand*
nothin personell, kiddo

Get the G6 or V20/30

Make sure its an H815 so you can root it.

sure, if you're a faggot

If have the money or the plan. Get the Note 8. You won't be disappointed.

Posting from my g3 right now
Don't listen to the memes
I'd get a v30 if I had any reason to upgrade

had lg g3 before, then switched for a lg g6, so comfy - never listen Cred Forums

I have a G4, it's definitely a good phone, but I also won the roulette because normally its motherboard gets fried after two years and I somehow dodged it for now. You'll want a more reliable phone.

i miss my g4 :(
fucking bootloops

Posting from my v20

>What do you think?
I think you will have a device which would inevitably bootloop and you can't do anything about it.
xda-developers.com/one-class-action-lawsuit-against-lgs-bootloop-issue-has-been-compelled-into-arbitration/
droid-life.com/2018/01/31/lg-settles-bootloop-lawsuit/

Why does Cred Forums hate Samsung?

Amazing phone but the boot loop problem killed it
Pick something else

I've had a G3 for 3 years now, it's a great (and cheap) phone. Good pajeet ROM support too.

Yeah. No.

Overpriced shit because it's the flagship. The iPhone of Android.

But it's running android and the best hardware out there. How is it like Apple?

Too expensive to be worth it. Alternatives aren't that much behind but have better prices.

LG is shit. Samsung if you want a meme phone, Motorola otherwise.

Get a V20 instead

I really don't get this board sometimes.

>shits on Apple
>shits on android
>shits on Microsoft
>shits on Google
>shits on LG
>shits on Samsung
>shits on Linux

Is there anything Cred Forums actually does like?

gentoo

Had a Defy+ back in the day, wonderful experience.

gentoo

Story of my G3 D855.

gentoo

Prestigio SmartBook 133S

Or a refurbished Note 7. IIRC there are some units that had the battery replaced with a S7 battery.

>shits on Gentoo

Got a second hand one a week ago for 120€. Could be better, watch out for battery hungry versions of the phone. Camera is 8/10, performance is 8,5/10. Overall is a great phone for me

Literally this. I wanted a phone with good SoC, enough RAM for everything I need, good screen, better than normal audio quality, good camera, high repairability and swappable battery.

This is literally the only thing on the market that does that. If it would be 5,2-5,5 inch instead of 5,7 and would be waterproof without losing any of the thing I mentioned above it would be literally perfect phone.

And it's dirt fucking cheap right now.

Being contrarian.

shame, if it wasn't for LG's dumbshit bootlooping I'd look ingo the V20 to support them

curious, is the V30 any good?

I hold a strong opinion that LG G2 is their only good phone, but v30 seems decent if you're fine with crappy Android skins.

Good hardware ruined by horrible software. And either locked bootloader(in USA) or SOC with no documentation whatsoever(in Yurp).

G4 was their last phone that had real bootlooping issue, the rest is just bad fame, that they got from G4 and V10. V30 is good, but for the kind of money they're askind for it it's not as good of a deal as V20.

>And either locked bootloader(in USA) or SOC with no documentation whatsoever(in Yurp).
Not all the time, but I can relate to that with the S3 Mini VE. (Marvell chipset)

Ironically the normal S3 mini uses some Nova chipset nobody ever heard of it and yet it even got as far as Lollipop and Marshmallow in CM software.

Their old phones were relatively open, new ones are locked to hell.

Death

I have a G5. pretty damn good even compared to newer flagships, still has a removable battery.

Cred Forums acts like special snowflakes as usual. Samsung is by far the best Android maker.

K20 here. I refuse to pay more than $100 for a fucking phone.

My carrier offers both the G6 and V30. Which is better?

See:

went through 3 phones. worst phone ever, but loved the leather back

Here cunt, read this
google.rs/amp/s/forum.xda-developers.com/g4/general/lg-g4-bootloop-fix-t3488449/amp/

I had a G4 until it froze in my hand one day and never turned back on

I really liked the G3 while I had it. These days I've got a Pixel II, which I fucking love. Botnet or no, Google does a great job.

Whats better lg v10 or lg v20? Want to replace my failing samsung note 3.

Oh fuck, this happened to me.
LG, not even once.

At least get the G6.

Specifically a European variant, no others can be unlocked. Also, it will bootloop.

t. Ex-G4 owner.

Ive had both the v10 and v20, and i enjoy my v20 a bit better.
The v10 has a better 2nd screen but worse battery life.
The v20 is sexy as fuk desu

I guess ill just get the v10 since its only $99. The battery doesnt bother since I like putting large 9000-10000 mah extended batteries on my phone.

Don't get it fag. I have it for almost 2 years and the update support sucks ass. I'm getting the pixel 2 xl asap when my contract ends.

Posting from a G6 right now, incredible phone. Fast, comfy, great huge screen, but in a moderate form factor.

If you have $250 to spend you can get the G6 used. I think the G4 is kinda too old to buy these days. Look at the LG v20 if you can't afford the G6

The ROM community is good for LG phones though. Why not try Resurrection Remix or CypherOS?

V30 is bigger and newer, G6 is a few months older and smaller, easier to use in one hand. V30 has OLED, G6 has LCD.

That's basically it, the rest is the same.

yeah id rather a samsung cpu than qualcum shit but i suppose most of Cred Forums live in america so any androids a cowcum cpu

>2016
Lawsuits have been pushed into arbitration. You have paperweight if you've bought a G4.

Sauce on gif?

Has the LG had any issues after the G3's and G4's bootloop issues?
Are they safe to get now?

I do think they are not. I have my venerable Samshit S4 here still doing it's job, but I was longing for a G4 but I don't want a brick.

God fucking dammit almost no one makes a removable battery decent phone