How do (You) clean your keyboard, Cred Forums?

How do (You) clean your keyboard, Cred Forums?

I usually take the whole thing apart and take the keycaps off, then soak it in hot water for a bit and make sure to press the switches so it gets in there. Wait for it to dry and my keyboard is basically brand new. Did it 5 times so far and it hasn't killed my kb yet.

You dip the whole thing in the water or just the keycaps?

Take all the keacaps off and put them in a sieve
hold under faucet to get most stuff out, then let the sink fill up with warm water and let it sit in there
while they soak, go get the keyboard and clean it first by holding it upside down and hitting the back of it
and then by compressed air / wiping with very low amount of water / rubbing alcohol for harder stains / qtips for tight spots
when it's done dump all the keycaps on a towel and make sure not to lose any of them while you do this, then rub them dry and put them back on.
warning - do not squish the keycaps against each other while you wash or dry them, they can damage each other with sharp edges

also, don't put any water inside of the keyboard or inside of the switches, it will temporarily or permanently break the key or the entire keyboard in most cases

I don't, when it's nasty I throw it away and buy a new one. They're so cheap they're practically disposable these days.

the whole thing

also, take a picture of your keyboard before removing the keycaps so you can easily put all the keys back to where they were

Thanks user

I don't. I'm waiting for the day socjus kills all the nerds and my grandkids can sell the Cheetos detritus and pubic hair stored in my keyboard to archeologists for the price of plutonium.

>not image searching your keyboard
>not remembering the layout
hunt and peckers btfo

>not having a blank keyboard

Disinfect with a bottle of ammonia from my piss bottles I leave around.

Honestly I turn it upside down and bang it gently on the desk then give it a wipe with a wetwipe or something. I'm lazy.

I turn it upside down and shake it a couple of times.

>bang gently
>not smashing the keyboard to get crumbs out from all the doritos

I cum on it three times a day

>gamer gunk

cool tip, should try it next time. what i usually do is use pic related to get rid of bits first and then use a stiff paint brush to get rid of stubborn dirt. then wipe down the keycaps with either wet wipes or a soapy cloth.

never get it dirty
wash my hands thoroughly before and after using it
keep my keyboard or laptop in a case or sleeve when not in use
wash said sleeve every week

>pop off keycaps
>put in disinfectant followed by water
>swipe keyboard with isopropanol using cotton buds
>dry keycaps with towel over a heat source
>put back together

Buying new one for 10$.
If not quite fucked up - remove all shit, and wash only plastics in detergent.

Pull the keycaps and wipe it down with alcohol or blow it out with an air compressor.
If cleaning keycaps then alchohol+salt in a baggie and shake them.