Smartphone is 1-2 years old

>Smartphone is 1-2 years old
>"I need a upgrade! lol"

Why do normies and even Cred Forums does this?

Because Cred Forums is full of fucking ricers, benchmarkers, and other non-productive shitstains that can't even fathom being too busy to give a fuck about having the latest gear or a WM theme that matches their anime desktop.

Conditioning creating the never satiated hunger to fill the void inside you to douse the pain for a few weeks with every new GoyToy.
There are people who are ready to go to a bank and ask for a loan so they could buy a new phone they can't afford.
God bless capitalism

Because they buy shitty phones. My aunt has a Zenphone with just 8GB of ROM and half is occupied by the system. Imagine installing and upgrading apps while keeping stupid videos for her 4 and 10 years old daughters

Phones aren't designed for longevity.

blame the (((cia niggers))) for tricking the nigger cattle into (((consumerism)))

Probably because most people buy on contract where you can upgrade your phone every few years for a very small cost or even free.

This hasn't been a thing in the us for like 4 years already

no I don’t, mine is 6 years and still kicking

Also the incessant moaning and bitching of
>"When will Oreo come for device X?!"

Why wouldn't you want to keep the most important thing in your life up to date?

>sell a phone that's a year old for 90% of its' initial value
>add a tiny bit more to get the latest one
that's why
this, of course, doesn't apply if you have an android phone, which lose 30-50% of their value over the period of 6 months

because fuck the earth, our environment and mother nature LOL

Y O L O
O L O Y
L O Y O
O Y O L

Same reason they buy new cars once the loan on the previous one is up

They download every single social media app, which drains the battery in the background like hell. It becomes extremely laggy due to the "clean master" apps-like which they will use it 10 times per minute to delete the cache, which uses flash memory a lot. I'm retarded lol

I'm still using the original Moto G
with prepaid SIM card
Car paid for with cash
No debt whatsoever (or "plans" as people who lie to themselves like to call it")

Because until recently mobile technology was advancing pretty fast and what you could get for the same price in 2 years was a huge upgrade
Now it's because the irreplaceable batteries go to shit, they don't get updates anymore because the creators abandon it, there was some unknown phone killer bug that wasn't or even was known at the time of purchase etc
I used to have fairly high end smartphones after my first one was just basically still experimenting the android market by Samsung (Samsung Galaxy 5), others I had were Samsung Nexus, Nexus 5, LG G4
All lasted ~2 years before I would notice some fuckery going on like randomly restarting, battery life being terrible(very very terrible), not receiving notifications/messages and similar bullshit, although I never bought them at release, usually 0.5-1 year after they launch
Decided to go with a cheaper phone now, since they all seem to be good for 2 years anyway, bought a Xiaomi Mi A1, should have it tomorrow, heard that the battery life should be great

If you use pajeetdroid these are indeed your problems.

Well yeah. But I still see teens using iphone 5s and they complain about the slow animation and how unresponsive it feels after each update, so android isn't the only one affected by this. Phones are made to be deprecated so that companies can make more money duuh.

Because it was the norm 5-6 years ago, when 2 years actually introduced better screens and shit. They just kept upgrading instead of stopping when the phones kept being mostly the same. Only feature upgrade that I miss is waterproofing.

>Why wouldn't you want to keep the most important thing in your life up to date?
I unironically pity you if a phone is the most important thing in your life.

That's too quick, but I just bought a Xiaomi Mi A1 to replace my first-gen Moto G, as I was sick of how slow it was. Only 1GB of RAM isn't enough for even basic web browsing now. Firefox would just crash on more bloated pages.

10 years ago people would have killed others for a phone you have right now, it's a marvel of technology and does millions of tasks, in the palm of your hands or the pocket of your jeans
If you have no use for modern phones, I pity your sad life

because they also have apple

>I unironically pity you if a phone is the most important thing in your life.
>If you have no use for modern phones, I pity your sad life
What an unexpected twist!

>If you have no use for modern phones, I pity your sad life
I have a lot of use for modern phones, but they are tools and are far from the most important thing in my life.
>hey guiz!!! Look at my screwdriver, I love it sooooooo much, it's like the most important thing to me!!!

kek, you sound like a poor/old fag who never had a smartphone in your teenage years.

Because I much rather sell the old one after a year or two and get another one, there's really no point on keeping old tech when it comes to phones.

t. friendless virgin who lives vicariously through obsessively stalking others via social media.

I got stalked by a few girls on social media who I ended up fucking. Sounds like you just didn't know how the system works.

The goyim can be convinced of everything. See Americans that think living with your parents past 18 are the epitome of disgrace and personal failure.

Nothing scream SUCCESS more than 20+ years and beyond of debt slavery for Mr. Chaim.

Feeling miserable yet got? Buy this latest phone and will feel better, only $ 49.99 starting!

Nice LARP. Can I borrow your sword and shield when you are done with them?

idk, my nexus 5 has served me for nearly 5 years now.
it got a bit slow at which point i wiped it, rooted it, and installed a custom rom. That did the trick and it is still running fine now.

Normies do it to keep up with modern trends, they do the same with pop music even if the song is trash and they don't particularly like it.

>thinly veiled apple shill post

>every opinion i don't like is shilling!
sure buddy, i'm quite the apple shill with my Z3 Compact i bought on release and won't switch away from until it breaks

>Phone gets laggy as fuck, as Android uses more and more memory.
>Apple even admits to doing it.
>No reason the device shouldn't run well with 'light' versions of the software.
Yet, it does run like shit after 2 years, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Yes, in your mind nobody ever has sex cause you're a virgin.

You can replace the battery. Cost my mom $40 to replace the screen and battery on her iPhone 6 a year ago.

*an

Are you for real?
When the fuck did I talk about battery?
Are you retarded enough to think a change of battery will improve memory bloating?

Hey, it worked for her phone. Ran way better.

No fucking way it did.
I'm invoking Lord Placebo here

t. low-ambition, low-test NEETcuck

Her battery would only last 5 hours, and the phone would shut off at 10-20% battery. Also, we downloaded a battery health app and it said the battery was somewhere around 40-60% health.

After we had the battery replaced (and screen too cause of a small crack), it could last over a day with a single charge and the phone ran much better.

She should get a second battery then to speed things up even more. She can easily swap the battery with a fresh charged one once it ran out of juice.

the thing is though user... the depleted battery can no longer provide the power to run the processor so the operating system throttles the cpu

its an iphone homie theyre not that easily replaced

aww sheeit

Because we aren't all poorfags like you.

>making good financial decisions and having good relationship with your family is "low test low ambition"
only americans

>what you could get for the same price in 2 years was a huge upgrade
This, so much. I've always bought low/mid-range phones because why the fuck buy a flagship when a mid-ranger is better in 6 months? It's been 0.5GB RAM/384MB storage then 1 GB RAM / 8 GB storage then 2 GB RAM / 16 GB storage and now 3 GB RAM / 32 GB storage when you just look at those things and cameras and everything else's improved a lot too.

It's simply been worth buying a new phone every year or every few years up to now. Progress seems to have stalled somewhat, though. A new phone used to be a huge upgrade. Now it's just same shit new wrapping.

dude, my battery holds 2 fucking days since forever that I had this phone.
At this point, it's almost unusable.
Even the 'call someone app' has to fucking shut down applications to fucking launch.
That's like a fucking 10s delay every time I want to dial a number, after I went to another app.
Once an app is launched, it's just fine.
I know a 'not enough memory system' when I see it.
The thing is, it was smooth as fuck when I bought it, and for a while
Then, system fucking updated, without my fucking approval.

I bought an iphone 5 6 months after it came out and upgraded 6 months ago, and then had to get a replacement upgrade because the initial upgrade had serious issues

The phone charge lasts over a day with how much she uses it, and she has a charger at work and at home. She probably hasn't gone below 60% charge in months.

Now you can even get 4GB/64GB for ~200$, possibly even less
It's phenomenal how fast the mobile platform evolved in the past 10 years

Planned obsolescence

Except it's not.
It's a huge upgrade, because it runs the same your phone ran 2 years ago.

This, my LG G3 has been good for a few years, but lately the SIM card seems to disconnect and requires a full reboot to re-recognize. So, despite being happy with it otherwise, I might have to get a new phone just because of that, if the issue gets worse

This is just a cover up to make normies stay in the botnet, real anons will buy something from tehnoetic/something supported by LineageOS

i don't. i plan to use my nexus 6p until it dies for good. still a great phone, no need to switch and i can't see anything better coming out soon.

Why do you care?

>a superior product comes out
>nah, I'll deny myself a better experience because my current phone hasn't fallen fucking apart yet
You.

Soy. And, fluoride in the water.

>nokia 5530
>iphone 4s
>mi 5
I don't, bought my Mi5 for it's 3-4 years lifetime, then I'm probably going to iphone SE2-3 or Mi9+ I guess.

I usually wait 4 or 5 years. I previously had an S4 that lasted me quite some time.

I'm still using my Galaxy S5 from 2014. I typically use my computers until they break or get too slow to run modern software. I used an iPhone 3G from 2008 to 2014 when I started to get worse and worse 2G service in bad areas. I used a ThinkPad R60 until 2012 when it began to choke on modern web browsers, then I got a ThinkPad X230 which I'm still using.

Because they've been successfully marketed to. Apple started the trend and now all companies have these people convinced they need to upgrade to the latest new phone each year. I'm only just now looking for an upgrade to my decrepit Galaxy S5.

This.
My Optimus One lasted like 4 years before I bricked it by accident.

>it's a marvel of technology and does millions of tasks
People who take phones this seriously are fucking retarded sheep.

They’re not a revolution, they’re pocketable Facebook toys with software bases primarily composed of web apps and shovelware, with terrible software input that can barely function without dedicating half of your CPU cycles to auto-correction and predictive typing algorithms.

You don't belong on Cred Forums

Isn't really bad if you buy Apple's product, because you can still cash back at least ~70% of it's value selling to someone, so it's kinda a cheap upgrade every year.
Of course, more expensive than keeping it for 2~5 years, but can be as cheap as $100 for a new one, every year, so you can enjoy new features, battery and also new warranty.
I think it as "new GPU every 2 years" thing, because you can still get at least half your money back, get new stuff and also new warranty. In the same way, it's more expensive than keeping it, but just picture it as maintenance cost.

>Ten years ago
>in 2008

Because I was stupid enough to get a Nexus 5X

ITT: phone posters reveal themselves shamelessly

>people would have killed others
Maybe in a third world shithole

>people trample over fallen others over a hueg sale
>form in lines through the night waiting for newest applel products to go on sale
>still get shot over the current year products
All happens in one country and I know you call it first world

it's for the status and non replaceable battery

im 22 and i think youre a retard for defending placing so much value on your phone. not even the normies who seem to care about nothing else would think youre sad and weird for thinking its the MOST important thing in your life. shit man im on the fringes of the social world and even i can tell your life fucking sucks. im sorry.

Real features.

What the fuck do you even do with your phone that is so important? I have a real job, and use my phone mostly the same way I used my phone 10 years ago. Are you on facebook or something?

still on a note 3 i got second hand 2 years ago. it's fine.

They have their uses; GPS, camera and quick internet lookup come in handy at times.

>GPS, camera, music player, TV, encyclopaedia, communicator, game console, shitposting machine and linux terminal all in one device in the plam of your hand
>does all of the above pretty well
>somehow not a technological marvel

Not my fault you underutilize your pocket computer

P E R F O R M A N C E
E
A
K

>>GPS, camera, music player, TV, encyclopaedia, communicator, game console, shitposting machine and linux terminal all in one device in the plam of your hand
The fact you find that the most important thing in your life is genuinely pitiful, even for Cred Forums. I don't even understand how you can't see that people look at you as inspiration for just how bad their life could be.
Please user, never change, you're a valuable lesson in how far not to fall.

I'm not but it's retarded to think phones are only facebook machines when you could use them for so much more these days

>been using the same HTC M8 since 2014
>few months ago I managed to break my first phone screen
>walk around it for a month since it's not much of a bother
>finally get it fixed
>"oh user! you finally upgraded your phone!"
Nope.

I love these marketers that try to get you on a "NEW AND AMAZING PLAN", where the main difference is you pay more and get a new phone. WHY would I do that if my phone still works just fine?

Not claiming otherwise. It's truly amazing how much you can now do with a phone. What people are pointing out is how empty and meaningless a life must be for that phone to be the best thing in it. I'm not saying it to annoy or bait him, I genuinely feel sorry for that user.

I agree with you there, no matter how great a piece of tech is it shouldn't be the most important thing to you, unless you helped bulid it.

this
also androshit getting slow over time and iToys being shilled that you need the newer one or you are not in the cool kids club

>looks at my slowly disintegrating Nokia 5130
OK

I'm not a poorfag upgrading every year or two is no big deal and I enjoy having the latest commercial tech

a new phone is an amazon gift card .05 bitcoin purchase are you poor or something

My power button fell out and my screen ghost touches with a brightness above minimum

I think I need an upgrade lad

/board

No idea. I'm still using my 1st gen Moto G that Cred Forums tricked me into buying. I'm glad I fell for that meme.

The microcontroller in your mom’s IoT dildo is turing-complete, too. And it probably benches at several VAX MIPS. Why aren’t you marveling at that? Because it’s really nothing special, we’ve had this tech for years, you just never cared about it until it got you on Facebook.

Smartphones are indeed “pocket computers” by any definition, and are more than capable of doing those things, but it doesn’t mean they’re good at it. They’re covenience devices, geared towards consumption more so than creation or productivity, and nothing will ever change that so long as their only methods of input remain confined to tiny 5” screens and thumb keyboards hooked in to an operating system engineered by an internet advertising agency to treat you like a fucking idiot.

And they’re shit terminals, by the way, take it from someone who uses theirs for that purpose.

Don't blame capitalism for the results of swine.

>friend owns galaxy s6
>notice he didnt turn off animations
>he gives me the phone for 5mins
>turn dev options on, disable all animations
>3 days later he messages me:wow its 5x faster! what did you do user?

Planned obsolescence is a bitch, plus older generation cellular is being discontinued in the States.

someone actually tattood that cryptoshit on her chest?
holy shit people are stupid

Back in the golden days of pc building did you not generally upgrade at least your cpu or gpu every 1-2 years?

>mfw I still use my original Samsung Galaxy S.
>yes, the i9000 from 2010
>barely 250 MB of RAM
>just bought a watercooled GTX 1080 TI instead of getting a modern smartphone

THIS... this is what POWER looks like, Juden capitalist.