Future materials for pc cases?. (Rock)

I would like to see pc cases made with elements of rock.
Case feet made of rock, gpu covers made of rock could work, top cover of the pc etc.
I would argue that precision cut rock is up there with aluminum.
If it's sturdy enough when we enter below 5 mm remains to be seen though..
(i'm no rock expert obviously)
A mixture of that polished/textured rock surface, cold to the touch.
What do you guys think?.

autism
i'd buy it though

Are you fucking stupid
I'd rather see carbon fibre cases.

that would be fucking horrible

Stone/rock is brittle, unlike metals which are ductile. This means that if a metal case takes a severe blow, it will be permanently deformed but there’s a good chance your components will survive. On the other hand, a stone case will crumble and coat your delicate electronics in fine dust that can easily damage them.

Not to mention the thermal properties-a metal case will conduct the heat away from your mobo etc easily, whereas stone will insulate it and the cooling will entirely have to be done by convection in the case, which is bad.

In what way user?.
If it turns out to be sturdy enough in thin sheets then i don't see the problem.

>expensive as shit
>no noise-isolation

Lold, no it's certainly not "up there with aluminium"

You could maybe use stone as decorative elements for custom cases. I really like the look of polished concrete/wood stereo setups

Decorative elements is what i was suggesting here. People assume i meant an entire case.

If there's no way this would work then we should just turn to plastic mold of a rocky surface to get the desired texture.

You can't do stone, i guess a lot of people will tell you why.

You could go all in and order a custom cut crystal case, like quartz, if you got the money. That would be fucking cool.

There's not going to be a manufactured Carbon Fibre. It is way, way, WAY too expensive. But it would be cool, go get that custom made!

my startup is actually working on this exact thing, the company is called Lightify™ and we create durable desktop towers by embedding small, lightweight skeletal frames into a material called "Aerogel," an ultralightweight, translucent, low density synthetic material made up of roughly 98% air, allowing for not only a 10 fold increase in cooling capability, due to the ease of passage with which air travels though the Aerogel material compared to traditional solid metal enclosures, but also allows for a vibrant, warm, dissipating, and all encompassing expression of the Full RGB Color Spectrum, which many people enjoy both in and around their pc components and peripherals. This will truly enhance the home pc experience and is the future of tower materials.

Wow, that aerogel sounds really fun to play with.

not gonna lie, a case cut from a single slab of marble would look sick as fuck

>rock
>sturdy thin sheets
Idiot

just put your motherboard on a couple of A4s on your desk faggot. doesn't even need a water cooler now, your shintel will be pretty cool for your overwatch frags video editing.

bring back the 90's look
i love that color

>makes case out of non-metal
>solar flare kills computer

nah I will stick to my big metal box.

>makes case out of a 5'x7' block of granite with lead lining
>solar flare attempts to destroy pc
lmao

*stick your dick in

Just use concrete you dumb hipster

Aerogel is actually a great insulator

Isn't aerogel an insulator? And a bloody good one?

graphene ofc
it's our future material
will eventually be cheap as fuck
there is an large active amount of effort by the industry and shit can be use at almost everything

What the fuck do you do to your PCs that they gain dents on them?

Metal cases don't matter when it comes to heat dissipation. Not much. In fact, some case designs hinder it due to air flows.

Speaking of that and aerogels There is a group that made aero-metal a couple years back.
Literally bubbled metal. It would be great for insulation against huge explosive force.

How many years has it been and they still can't make graphene in commercial production levels? We might have to let that one go.

Unironically I think wood will be the next big thing

I could see some limited edition cases desu.
Probably be like $500 for a $100 case

You do know aerogels are rigid and brittle, right?

So's my cock!

>a fucking rock

>What the fuck do you do to your PCs that they gain dents on them?
That's how metal works, I don't think he's saying he does that. Think about car doors and shit, and how they deform when given a good whack.

>implying there is only one type of rock with only one set of physical characteristics
Idiot.

Graphene computer cases when?

I can't think of one that would suit the needs of this desu senpai
Maybe marble, but at that point why even bother?
fucking never, unless you come up with a mass production technique that doesn't require exfoliation

Why bother with different form factors or windows, why bother with exterior design, why bother?
I think a nice sheet of marble or some other rock would look quite nice, and I don't drop my computer so as long as it isn't made out of sandstone I think it'll be fine.