Well Cred Forums, I got the ultimate meme running, gpu passthrough with LookingGlass client running in LFS...

well Cred Forums, I got the ultimate meme running, gpu passthrough with LookingGlass client running in LFS. feels good to have built all that stuff from source but the question is will I stick to loonix or just boot back into comfy win10?

Enjoy NTFS and the necessity of SSDs when you switch back.

Oh your windows VM is completely hardware agnostic I've kept mine over four machines now without modifying anything.

Please make a blog about this.

>gets a 8600K and 1080Ti
>wastes it on l00nix

>wasting hardware on windows is better than linux

What can you do with powerfull hardware on loonix?

In Windows you have Photoshop/Illustrator/Lightroom, gaymes, etc...

literally the only software that runs the same/better performance on linux is blender/cad. everything else is a waste of a high end graphics card. i only use linux because i have to and i curse everyday of it.

You're still running a DE so its not the ultimate meme. Still nice tho

you don't understand what a passthrough is at all, do you?
why even post in the thread?

Does lookingglass only work with VGA passthrough??

>I don't know how IOMMU works

What board? I remember reading that some Z370 boards had completely fucked up IOMMU groups.

>ultimate meme
>not gentoo
REINSTALL

Hey, how are you handling inputs for the vm?

I have a g613 and g603 I want to use for this. I can pass through the wireless receivers to the vm, and use bluetooth for the host

It is LFS? You assembled it manually, or by ALFS? And you have upgraded the kernel, right?
LFS is ultimate meme. Gentoo is quite ultimate.

Computations for small, but semi-intensive projects.

I've setup GPU passthrough with KVM+QEMU script. It was a pain to setup the first time but after that it just werks.
Figuring out how to pass my dedicated GPU back to the host OS without restarting and fucking with bios took me a good deal of time to figure out.
I did it by swapping xorg.conf on login. No idea how to do it without logging out/in but I have auto-login setup with agetty so its not that big a deal I just type a single command in shell to swap between iGPU and dGPU and it does it all automagically; only issue is you end up loosing your current session.

Had to do a few things to improve the experience. Bought a KVM switch and PCIE USB3.0 controller which I also connected to my case's front USB ports so I can easily hotplug USB devices without worrying about latency and QEMU USB device limit.
Haven't heard of looking glass, I'll check it out.

All I use windows for is games and compatibility with certain software once in a blue moon. Haven't encountered any issues playing at 4K/60Hz and HTC Vive. Can't push 2k/144Hz in VM though, best I seem to get is around 90~100fps on an i7-4790 and 1080Ti; likely my CPU bottle-necking and VM CPU performance penalty being more noticeable at higher refresh rates.
I wish you could run both Host and Guest on a single GPU.

>comfy win10
If you haven't already completely shed any desire to use windows again, you never had a reason to switch.

>The only things that need good hardware are photoshop and games
are you retarded

It is funny that there are some perks to running windows in a VM
>Computer not rendered unusable during updates, you just use host OS
>Transfer guest OS to multiple machines with ease
>Can run a VM with internet access blocked from host
>telemetry is isolated to guest OS

You're a fucking BASED user.

lol gaymurrrr manchildren are pathetic

>gnome

Into the trash it goes

> Haven't heard of looking glass, I'll check it out.
It copies the frames from the GPU output to the software running on the host operating system. From what I could understand it kinda functions like these modern gaming streaming solutions on steam and ps4 but since everything is local you pretty much get a very small latency of something about 1 frame behind.

>be poor
>have shitty hardware
>vm runs slow af
>have to dual boot to have decent performance on both windows and gaynoo slash leenucks
its painful to be poor

Calling bullshit.. What package manager you compile cause I call BullShit on drivers with vpass and lfs

Just add a second dedicated gpu