Why are romance languages so much more superior than the other languages?

why are romance languages so much more superior than the other languages?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interlingua
youtube.com/watch?v=s0G6-U9ZRGk
youtube.com/watch?v=IQYPIP74ycY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isochrony
youtube.com/watch?v=7BEsP2X1JD8
youtube.com/watch?v=n2kkr0e_dTQ
youtube.com/watch?v=UvHYN-shtjM
youtube.com/watch?v=kuwlRavKrXc
youtube.com/watch?v=bzhLamrxacE
youtube.com/watch?v=L1rzzQniHUk
youtube.com/watch?v=NZ9slCzaw28
youtube.com/watch?v=78OcEBJPmgM
youtube.com/watch?v=P_jU8knC5ns
youtube.com/watch?v=AufQINNTbNc&index=11
youtube.com/watch?v=f3WGttZdksg
youtube.com/watch?v=8PKs5Z1Cw_s
youtube.com/watch?v=zPZAYgzyJTw
youtube.com/watch?v=vqixt78RxxA
youtube.com/watch?v=fztkUuunI7g
youtube.com/watch?v=WnDt6agxyBY
youtu.be/DA9Uzr0ZSFM
youtube.com/watch?v=ls1gSk1eyhI
youtube.com/watch?v=F6ipCJyUAbs
youtu.be/tkKSnkCv_HM
youtube.com/watch?v=L4OkJe-YvJM
youtu.be/dzTisgf8p8E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They all look like mexican to me

Romanian sounds ugly as fuck desu

romanian is romance by mistake

Because we are the superior race
Subhumans (aka Anglos) >>>>>>>>>>>>>

They are more beautiful languages, but not really practical to create non-established words and meaning.

English is superior for that with the "will have been doing" sort of tenses, and the ease to make any noun into a verb and still be understood.

Romance languages are more artful, yes, but less efficient.

Also Euro Portuguese is the master-key to understanding every other one, except Romanian, which to the romance languages what the y is to the vowels.

Don't know mate. We just sound better.
>implying english isn't romance

Why is that?

What part?

English is a semi-creole

Fuck off, Bryan.

>Romance languages are more artful, yes, but less efficient

t. portuguese retard who doesn't know how to use his language

>not really pratical to create non-established word

>what are suffixes and prefixes

but they're not

>English is superior for that with the "will have been doing" sort of tenses
i dont know how many verb tenses portuguese has, but italian has a lot of them.
>and the ease to make any noun into a verb and still be understood
for this "functional shift" part i agree, even though romance languages can do that too.
>Euro Portuguese is the master-key to understanding every other one
i don't speak portuguese, but i don't agree with this one. i'd say italian is better but that wouldn't make be super partes.

>French
>romance language
It's alien ooga booga.

>toothpaste in charge of telling others which language is good
get your marshy cum gargling language out of my thread you subhuman

>French is the most Germanic Latin language
>English is the most Latin Germanic language

Made me think

>By a Dutch
kek

What's the matter, Dutch too manly for you?

i wouldn't even consider it a language

English has roman vocabulary with a Germanic grammar structure, for the most part.

I like English a lot, but it's not perfect, and lacks some poetic beauty.

But you guys do it all the time and it stops sounding like Portuguese. "Parabenear" sounds weird, for example. It's just too Engish-sounding.

English is definitely simpler, and comes with all those advantages and disadvantages.

We have a couple more that the other Romance languages don't have, I think. It's not like the Romance languages can't do it, but they don't so it nearly as cleanly. English is basically a lego, whereas Romance require you to get the exact part of a large range of parts. English just has a couple of pieces that you can make into more complex meaning easily.

I think Portuguese is the masterkey because it's stress-timed, not syllable-timed. Meaning that nobody can understand us, but we can understand you, because we mush all the sylables together, and it's harder for everyone else to un-mush them. Brazilian Portuguese on the other hand isn't and it's easier for everyone to understand.

portugese sounds disgusting and spanish ridiculous though

@65002125
Nice bait,m8

Probably because there is no word for ''manly'' in your effeminate languages, papi

that's bullshit, don't listen to him.

>i dont know how many verb tenses portuguese has, but italian has a lot of them.
we also have a lot, this retarded moor doesn't know what he's talking about.

>romance languages
>effeminae
kek.

>"Parabenear" sounds weird, for example.

You mean "parabenizar"? It doesn't sound weird at all.

There is nothing manly about romance languages

>his language word for manly isn't even understood in the entire world
Dutch """""""machos"""""""

I think it's hella interesting you don't have to know the other languages to understand what the speaker is saying.

i did in fact notice that in spanish and portuguese vowels and consonants are almost blended together. in italian they have a more distinct and individual sound. the only thing i hate about english is spelling irregularity, for example the syllable "gh", as in tough, and though. a syllable in italian will always keep its spelling, wherever you put it in a word

For example, see if Spanish/Italians/etc understand this:
"Eu adoraria andar de bicicleta em um sábado ensolarado de maio."

Are they though?

>tfw used to be proficient at reading Latin in school and now hardly remember any of it

JUST

machos are faggots thinking they are manly but are actually sensitive little shits that have to compensate for their tiny benis

J'adore ...... bicyclette en un samedi ensoleillé de mai

tough, though, trough, thorough, through

i would adore to cycle on a sunny saturday of may.

Adorerei andare in bici in un soleggiato sabato di maggio

Yeah that's it. Well, not to you because you're used to it, but we don't do it at all.

You can't argue that English is simpler and faster to make new sentences for. You can even tell when little English kids talk that they stumble a lot less than Romance kids when conjugating stuff.

I've been agreeing that it sounds less refined and beautiful, but in English you only have to learn a couple of structures to be able to express time and person in verb, since it's much more modular.

In Portuguese you have to know a huge-ass table, for example.

Spanish is exactly like that, though. They don't even have different accents for vowels. Every vowel is said the same every time, and every syllable is stressed and open.

We are the only weird ones about that, I think.

Dont bite the bait

The only manly Germanic language is German.
Dutch is ugly af and English is just normal.

>Yes, English can be weird. It can be understood through tough thorough thought, though.

This triggers me.

>all that bullshit
No, really, what the fuck are you talking about?

>English just has a couple of pieces that you can make into more complex meaning easily.
That's because english is retarded. They need 3 or 4 extra words while we just change the ending of the verb.

"Adoraria andar de bicicleta NUM sábado SOLARENGO de Maio".

Starting to diverge a bit here, hehe.

Pretty balling language family we got, fellas.

>proficient at reading Latin
So you knew the alphabet? Good job.

this

You know what I meant, wise ass.

tbqh Walloon best Romance language

then maybe it's just some south american accent that made me think that

>all that bullshit
What did I say that wasn't true? I'm not even baiting, I'm genuinely curious.

>That's because english is retarded.
That's not retarded, it's simpler and more functional in a lot of contexts. You're the one claiming that I'm saying it's superior in every way, which I haven't.

Dutch is German without the effeminate and soft sounds, what are you smoking?

kek, superior example

Language with Spanish influence here

I love (driving) the bicycle in a Saturday (something about a sun) of May?

Have you guys ever heard of Interligua? It looks pretty easy to read for me: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interlingua

>kRkRkrKRkZZKkzKZKkrKRKkrkKZkzKRkz

Sorry, I have nothing against your language, it can be based, but I prefer the "ch ch" thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=s0G6-U9ZRGk

Quebecer is the superior canadian race, even tho their french has been a bit broken

German and English are better for creating new words, because their words (when they are not compound words) are shorter, so if you join 2 or 3 it doesnt become a ridiculously long work.
In romance languages you cant do that, probably because if we would it would be a ridiculously long word.
english is almost a monosyllabic language.

Quoi?

Is this the gift that I wanted to give?

join the vietnamese master race

>German and English are better for creating new words, because their words (when they are not compound words) are shorter, so if you join 2 or 3 it doesnt become a ridiculously long work.
German challenges the "short" word a bit, but you're right.

>has been a bit broken
>a bit

Good song

My dialect has more than 5 vowels, but it's from southern spain so 100% brown redneck tier youtube.com/watch?v=IQYPIP74ycY

can you help me,
can you spare some time?

>German and English are better for creating new words
english: yes.
german: please no. german words haunt me at night
>In romance languages you cant do that
partially true. the fact is that nowadays romance languages rarely create new words, but remember we have a lot of prefixes and suffixes to work with.

I love to ride bicycle on a sunny saturday in May

My native tongue is Dutch but I can almost always read romance languages since I studied Latin in high school

Si hombre, what do you want ?

Le titre du livre ?

trying to be nice to them because they endure my shit accent wich is a mix from the french one and quebec one.

English already took the greco-roman vocabulary which is the only worthy part of romance languages anyway.

I can't take a language which puts arbitrary genders in its grammar that don't add any meaning seriously. If you want to specify gender, you put it separately, it's not supposed to go into the grammar layer. That's just bad language design.

While English is much better than French in this, it still suffers the same bullshit. "He" and "she" are separate but singular and plural "your" is not. Fucking priorities.

Even fingols and turkroaches got this right. Fucking Germanic barbarians ruined glorious Latin.

je veux apprendre l'espagnol.

>I can't take a language which puts arbitrary genders in its grammar that don't add any meaning
you mean the lack of a neutral gender for objects and shit like that?

What's a friend?
il faut venir et faire la fete

Just a random French-Walloon dictionnary I picked up at a store, I don't have it here atm though. It's just called Motî d'potche/dico de poche

j'ai des cousin dans le sonora, je vien cette été

Right, obviously there are always regional differences.

I don't think that the open vowels are the biggest culprit for the difference in sound, but Isochrony. Being syllable-timed makes you enunciate every syllable, whereas we just mush them all together and time the words.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isochrony

"Excelente" is a really obvious word for it.

You say "ek-se-len-teh"
Brazilians say "ei-shie-len-txi"
And we just go "shlent" or "ei-shlent" depending on accent.

So your language beat is faster if you say it like 3 times:

"ek-se-len-teh--ek-se-len-teh--ek-se-len-teh" - 12 fast beats.

"shlent-shlent-shlent" - 3 slower beats that end up being faster in sum.

Euro Portuguese is the only Romance language to do it, afaik. Brazilian and Galician don't do it at all. This + closed vowels + a few weird "sh" and "r"s make us sound slavic.

cet*

CHI

ça c'est random
sonora, a mon avis, c'est le mieux état du pay
les garcon sont tres beaux et le dessert c'est incroyable

>native romance language speaker dissing gender

well that's a first

Yo adoraría andar en bicicleta en un sábado soleado de Mayo.

That sentence which is almost literal would be correct in Spanish, but Me encantaría would be much more common than Yo adoraría (also, the eu/yo would probably be ommited since you can tell it is yo/eu from the verb)

And we would skip the em before um, andar en bicicleta un sábado soleado, not en un.

Something that portuguese and spanish do different is we dont use articles before possesive pronouns as often as them, we never say A minha mãe, that sounds like "the my mother" to us. We just say Mi madre.

We do that for mine "la mía, el mío", but not for my (mi).

CA

NO

I think only creatures with vaginas should be feminine, and only creatures with dicks should be masculine, the rest should be neuter.

la le lo could be our die das der

btw a friend in french is 'ami'

Es-tu un chicano ?

>hyphenated beginning of a question
spooky

> more artful, less efficient
end this meme pls

dad from mexico and mum from france, as for myself, lived in quebec my whole life and cant speak spanish,

yes, it's pretty silly to use masculine and feminine gender for objects, but in italian it's linked to the vowel the word ends with, it has nothing to do with dicks and vaginas.
for example if the last vowel is O then the word is masculine singular, if it's A it's feminine singular and so on

>brazilians say "ei-shie-len-txi"

Again, what the fuck are you talking about? Not even the goddamn cariocas say it like that. 99.9% of the population either says "es-ce-len-txi" or "es-ce-len-ti".

It's normal in French to do that.

c'est pas compliqué pour la plusieurs partie, il faut avoir un culture shock

Right, I typoed. I mean Ei-shi-len-txi (or just -ti), but that would also break the first two syllables wrong. My point is you have clearly 4 syllables that you stressed.

Stop pretending to be surprised by what I mean and give me a bit of a break.

As-tu l'accent hispanique ou québécois ?

why is there "desu" again?

plus français de France que d'autre chose,

Qu'y a-t-il de mal avec ça ? :^)

tu apprend le français par quelle moyen? a l’école ou sur des sites tel que duolingo?

avoir un nom de famille espagnol est probablement la pire chose

j'aimerais tellement le changer

Again, you motherfucker, NOBODY SAYS "EXCELENTE" WITH AN SH SOUND, RETARDED SON OF A BITCH.
NOBODY.
IT'S EITHER "EI-CE-LEN-TXI" OR "EI-CE-LEN-TI". THERE'S NO FUCKING "EI-SHI-LENTXI", GODDAMNIT.

yeah yeah that's why LA MANO is feminine right

something something of bad with it?

t-there are exceptions, delet this

In portuguese, this depends more on the accent and region. Some people just say "Minha mãe", some "A minha mãe". "Num" also works as "Em um" so I could have said "num sábado" for example.

"Adoraria andar de bicicleta num sábado ensolarado de maio."

>but that would also break the first two syllables wrong
Calm down, can't you read, or do you have nothing better do than be enraged at somebody on the internet?

I already admitted I did it wrong.

peu étre énervant parfois, pour la recherche d'emploi par exemple, j'ai jesus dans mon nom alors le monde pensent que je les troll

>j'ai jesus dans mon nom
j'ai explosé de rire

a l'ambassade mais, il y a longtemps (peut etre pas moin) que j'ai quitté

serieusement c'est extremement chiant, mon petit frère a un nom français mais pour des raisons quelconques mes parents on décidés de me donner un nom mexicain, pas que je l'aime pas,mais c'est un peu chiant parfois

l'ambassade francaise?

>I already admitted I did it wrong
>typed "ei-shi-len-txi" again

Romanian is the closest to the ancient Latin
The others have been influenced too much during time

this is a no-bully zone.
stop this at once

oui, je l'ai étudié par cinq ans

hahaha

I was correcting the "shie" to "shi", which was the typo, without trying to cover up any other mistakes I had made by mixing it with PT-PT. Jeez.

My point still stands that you use and stress 4 syllables.

Ma faci si pe mine sa rad Gheorghe? :)

They are bastardization of the best one

da
>>Romanian is the closest to the ancient Latin

>>Romanian is the closest to the ancient Latin
Every time I read shit like this I'm glad Belgium legalized euthanasia for underage people

>italian flag
>speaks romanian

>implying there is a better language than Czech

Ya all can't even have vowel-less sentences.

Tell Gyppone that not me.

European Portuguese can sound a lot like it has no vowels tbqh

prcka:)

I know m8, I've seen that you had it greentexted already. Posting on the phone is a pain in the ass though.

Open vowels are a waste of energy, desu.

>Romanian is the closest to the ancient Latin
I want to be an arsehole and say that it's because they are both irrelevant, but Euro Portuguese probably has less speakers so I can't without being replied about Brazilian.

>sound

Chrt pln skrv vtrhl skrz trs chrp v čtvrť Krč prv zhltl čtvrthrst zrn.

Just like Hebrew.

There are still schwa sounds between your consonants though

post your favourite song in a romance language youtube.com/watch?v=7BEsP2X1JD8

youtube.com/watch?v=n2kkr0e_dTQ

There are too many, but this is a nice one without being depressing (like our traditional ones are).
youtube.com/watch?v=UvHYN-shtjM

France also has a lot of good ones.

>why are romance languages so much more superior than the other languages?
frankly i think theyre all afwul

Romance language sounds like the gay lisps.

youtube.com/watch?v=kuwlRavKrXc

not my favourite tho

Asian languages sound like retardation and dubiousness had a baby.

tbqh
youtube.com/watch?v=bzhLamrxacE

Do you guys have a general?

t. Ahmed Boulel
t. doesn't even have a real language

Yeah, I was going for something more modern and cheery.

t. mario from somalio

Weak, you can't compare it to hearing "dick" every second and having children in the background.

Sadly I don't know much about current Portuguese music, since I'm a fucking avec with parents who only stick to shit of their youth while Portuguese television is literal cancer.
I didn't know about Anaquim btw, I really like their swing-y sound

>having children making noise in the background
>good
fuck off Vlad

t. pierre le canard

Anaquim and Deolinda are the ones I listen to the most.

The former has some definite manouche/rock vibes, and the latter has a more Fado/Jazz vibe, leaning heavily on the fado.
youtube.com/watch?v=L1rzzQniHUk

They are good, but still haven't reached the iconic status of Variações or Zeca Afonso, obviously.

t. Juan López

t. Antonio Gomez

Greek is obviously superior

Why thought?

Sounds good but i can't read it.

prefer slavic desu

youtube.com/watch?v=NZ9slCzaw28

I think I've heard Deolinda, there's Portuguese speaking radio station in Luxembourg and they tend to play a lot of this kind of stuff. It's pretty nice too, you can definitely hear the traditional Fado components. Thanks for the suggestions m8

Because
youtube.com/watch?v=78OcEBJPmgM

Sardinian is the top tier Romance language.
>Sardinian
>Catalan
>Italian
>Spanish
>French
>Galician
>Portuguese
>Romanian

^official rankings^

tbqh Greek sounds like reverse Castillian

Yeah they are pretty nice sounding. It's a good jump point into Fado, and just about as much Lisbon Fado as I can handle. I really don't care for Amália and all her clones, usually.

Coimbra Fado best Fado:
youtube.com/watch?v=P_jU8knC5ns

More like Castillian sounds like reverse Greek

>Coimbra Fado best Fado:
Pretty damn right senpai. I really love Paredes

I think I should start listened more to it, it's been a long while

very nice

youtube.com/watch?v=AufQINNTbNc&index=11

You might also enjoy songs from the students in the Serenada da Queima das Fitas, too. They are sung, but have a more manly and serious sound.

youtube.com/watch?v=f3WGttZdksg

Lisbon Fado usually sounds a bit histeric to me, if it's not being played coy-ly like Deolinda emulate.

I'm sure they'd disagree, though.

its true.Romanian has teh closest grammar to latin.

no, Sardinian does

Chico Cesar - A primeira Vista (Br - Port)

youtube.com/watch?v=8PKs5Z1Cw_s

Pedro Aznar - A Primera Vista/Cover (Arg - Span)

youtube.com/watch?v=zPZAYgzyJTw

Chico Cesar/Pedro Guerra - A Primera Vista (bilingual port/esp)

youtube.com/watch?v=vqixt78RxxA

Hermosa canción

youtube.com/watch?v=fztkUuunI7g

They're pretty nice, but I feel somewhat weird to it since what we call student songs tends to be a lot different, basically like drinking songs but with deeper lyrics.

youtube.com/watch?v=WnDt6agxyBY

>I'm sure they'd disagree, though.
Pretty sure most people who live in the South go for Lisbon fado, while Northern Portuguese go for Coimbra. That's at least how I've seen it so far

Sardinian is the closest based on all arguments, but romanian is the closest in grammar,due to its isolation from the romance group.

French, Italian, and Spanish are totally master race, but I'm really not a fan of Romanian and Portuguese.

>t. pierre le canard

It sounds extremely cute

God fucking dammit, are you an autist? Let it go faggot

We also have those student songs, they just aren't sung at the Serenade since it's a formal ceremony. During the week they don't singe anything BUT drinking songs. I can't remember any names, though, it's been a while.

I think most people see Lisbon fado as the de facto fado (mostly because of Salazar), and just the people from Coimbra (and the ones that came here to study) learn about Coimbra Fado. But I could be wrong. I'm sure Porto people will claim to like Coimbra Fado more just to spite the Lisboners, despite not ever listening to it :)

Well yeah, sounds logic. Our more formal songs tend to be about beer mostly, like the one I've shown you, or are ancient Latin student songs or the National Anthem, pretty weird.

Yeah, outside of Portugal most people think about Lisbon in terms of Fado.
>I'm sure Porto people will claim to like Coimbra Fado more just to spite the Lisboners, despite not ever listening to it :)
Pretty much my parents tbqh

*pierre le connard
I think that's what he meant to say :^)

Because of catholicism and superior genetics

Based Spanish sounds very beautiful when you heard it in ballads like this one youtu.be/DA9Uzr0ZSFM

I imagine Italian is the same, French probably sounds not that great, but I love hearing it on rock songs.

They're simple and boring.
Romanian is close to Latin because Romanians have inferiority complex. They're some sorts of steppe niggers mixed with slavs that went full WE WUZ ROMAN EMPIRE and created almost artificial language when codifying grammar and vocabulary in 19th century.

Just don't tell them, they might get butthurt about it.

>and created almost artificial language when codifying grammar and vocabulary in 19th century.

You just learn before speaking untermenschen pole.the 19TH reform added only french and soem italian words, to modernise the language, we were msotly agricultural country and the perifery of Europe, and our vocabulary was arhaic and of no use.

youtube.com/watch?v=ls1gSk1eyhI

>and created almost artificial language when codifying grammar and vocabulary in 19th century.
That's more of a 19th century romanticism thing. Hungarian, Finnish and Czech also did that for example, with Hungarian dramatically changing the language by substituting thousands of Slavic and, to a lesser extent, Germanic, Turkic and Romantic word and replacing it by Uralic neologisms

Romanian and Italian are quite similar, actually.

Romania is a disgrace for the ubersmench roman culture

Ah, the one drinking song I remember:

youtube.com/watch?v=F6ipCJyUAbs

It always has the corny rancho sound for the keks. Pretty good times, desu.

>Orichovius (Stanislaw Orzechowski) notes as late as 1554 that "in their own language, Romanians are called Romini, after the Romans, and Walachs in Polish, after the Italians"

Is it customary for poles on Cred Forums to be autistically retarded or do you just have something against us that leads you to shitpost like this?

It actually reminds me of village people dancing around the town square. I really like it, 10/10 would drink to it

>and our vocabulary was arhaic
More like 80% slavic.

I mean I understand that you played this game for like 150 years now so backing up would be pretty damn stupid but this is anonymous Pakistani sanddrawning exchange board so you can be honest :^)
Not to the same degree as Romanian tho.

>of village people dancing around the town square
Yep. That's Rancho for you. Traçadinho is just the name for cutting wine with juice or soda.

Except French

>More like 80% slavic.

No.Today it's 14.5% slavic so you must be dumb if you think we actually replaced 80%.
Also more than 80% of our common speech is formed from romance based words, 10% of thraco-dacian and the rest of slavic.

This song just reminded me to a rock-ska Spanish band I used to listen religiously in highschool. Fuck, the nostalgia... youtu.be/tkKSnkCv_HM

youtube.com/watch?v=L4OkJe-YvJM

If we spoke an entirely slavic language and we're apparently horse niggers, then how come you and every single fucking polity we've been in contact with called us "vlachs", from hungarians and serbs to greeks and russians and germans?

This is something that I'll never understand from History Pros like you. Why do you keep saying we're slavic when everyone before you clearly separated us from themselves with a name given to latin speakers?

Romanian replaced a lot of Slavic ones for Latin rooted ones or for Italian/French words. While Romanian did in fact replace more words than Hungarian it also left a lot more original ones, while the Magyars basically tried to eliminate every word that had a Slavic or Turkic root to it as far as they knew at the time.

Well thanks for clearing up the name, I always refered to it as "village folk" and never got corrected. I only knew about traçadinho because of the high amount of Portuguese cafés around here.

We did not replace, we simply added words, that over time replaced the slavic ones, which were of no use in modern time.

That's basically just another way of saying that you replaced it dude. I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with it, since many languages did that at that time, I'm just stating what happened. The whole point of it was to replace the Slavic vocabulary, may it be directly or with passing time.

>ubersmensch

youtu.be/dzTisgf8p8E

>diet Flemish
>manly

German is superior to all languages.

There is no single aspect where some other language beats it.

mr geert plis stop shitposting

>german language is superior
>use latin alphabet
>mfw

It's good that my English level is good enough I don't think about these issues

Sometimes I wonder how things would be if we declared ourselves slavs for some reason. I imagine it'd be the opposite of now, with slavs insulting us and saying we're not real slavs and latins saying we're romance speakers in denial because of archaisms.

Declensions

Sabes.

cause they come from latin

This is the first stanza of our most patriotic and well known epic poem, "Os Lusíadas":

As armas e os barões assinalados,
Que da ocidental praia Lusitana,
Por mares nunca de antes navegados,
Passaram ainda além da Taprobana,
Em perigos e guerras esforçados,
Mais do que prometia a força humana,
E entre gente remota edificaram
Novo reino, que tanto sublimaram;

I wonder how well you other romance people can understand and translate it. It is fairly archaic and embellished, and the capitalised words are just places.

>not pronouncing as written

ishygddt

Spain and Italy do that, I think.

But we do that.

Latin. It all becouse of Latin. Nothing more nothing less. Tała wita. Szkoda kód wenedyk szer arciewczała lęgwa.

the confusing parts for me:

assinalados, I think it could be like asignados, as in, indicated ones, chosen ones

ainda alem, I realize it is something about distance with regards to Taprobana, but dont know if it would be mas alla de, hasta, or what. Would have to use a dictionary.

I would have to use a dictionary for sublimar, it exists in Spanish but I only know it as a psychological term, the sublimation of Freud.

the rest is clear.

>Italian flag
>defending Romania

really makes you think

>Assinalados
Yes, this is archaic or just weird in a modern context - It means signed, as in with a sign on the arms and barons. We also don't get this at first when we lean it in school, it's not obvious.

>Ainda além
Still beyond/Even beyond - fairly regular use in Portuguese

>Sublimar
Made sublime. Although it's also not used in modern Portuguese, unless you're being poetic or embellishing. Nobody uses the word, really.

That's actually better than what I was expecting, although Spanish IS the closest to Portuguese. You can go read the other 1000 stanzas now! Lucky you!

O português deste tópico só pode ser um emigrante ou um menor de idade; expressa-se tão mal em inglês como se expressão em português.

>ninguém usa o verbo parabenizar em Portugal
lol

Were the fuck is the portuguese bitch mustache?

Foda-se, onde é que ouves "parabenizar" em vez de "dar os parabéns"?

"Assinalados" isn't that archaic, it just wouldn't make a lot of sense in a gun, as opposed to a paper. "Marcados" would be used instead, I think.

>"expressão"
>não "expressam"
Bom esforço, carapau de corrida.

"Caríssimo, parabenizo-o pelo seu resultado."
Deve ser das palavras mais usadas no meio académico.
Enganas-te tolinho. Foi um descuido meu e nem a tua correcção faz sentido uma vez que não concorda com o número elipsado na frase - como se expressa em português era o que eu queria ter exprimido.

most beautiful language is latin

second most is gaelic

rest are shit in comparison, this isnt arguable

Romance are the most pragmatic and logical languages.

How can barbarian scums even compete

Não concorda com o número da frase de facto. Mas isso era se eu assumisse que tu a irias escrever bem em primeiro lugar, até porque é um erro comum de qualquer modo.

E nunca na vida li "parabenizo-te". Congratular e dar os parabéns é mil vezes mais comum, porra.

>até porque é um erro comum de qualquer modo.
O contexto não apontava para uma referência ulterior ou anterior.

Irónico porque é a primeira vez que leio porra numa publicação portuguesa.

Garanto-te que sou de cá, e não aldrabei ninguém em nada do que disse.

die das der isn't exactly a good example, in german a girl is neutral, a door is feminine and a table is masculine.

That's arbitrary even within Romance languages.

In Spanish milk is female, here is is male. Makes no sense.