First DNA from ancient Phoenician shows European ancestry

>Researchers from New Zealand's University of Otago believe the DNA of the man, who they call 'Young Man of Byrsa' or 'Archie', closely matches that of a particular modern day individual from Portugal

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3611457/Ancient-DNA-study-finds-Phoenician-Carthage-European-ancestry.html

Other urls found in this thread:

uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE7704OR20110801
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How is this news? It's a very well established fact that the phoenicians were regular visitor on the iberian peninsula

>closely matches that of a particular modern day individual from Portugal

that only means that Phoenician man was from one of their colonies the Iberian peninsula.
And it confirms Phoenician colonists mixed with the locals, be them from Iberia or North Africa.
And it also confirms contact between Iberia and North africa happened not only during the islamic conquest, but because of phoenician colonization.

But the people of Tyre werent European.

>closely matches that of a particular modern day individual from Portugal
Kek, Portugal es Blanco.

dayum that's a nose worthy of respect

Lol looks like my cousin shant

Gee, who would have thought?

>could rewrite history of human migration

tfw no punic speaking semitic north africa + Iberia

Bullshit.

He doesn't even have a turban.

My belief: egyptians/babylonians/sumerians/phoenicians = celtic
Greeks/persians/vedics/israelites = nordic

>Portugal

Plot twist: He was just a slave for tha KANGZ.

WE

They did this with King Tut as well and found that modern day Brits are the closest genetic match to at least that Egyptian dynasty.

Is this the white version of "we wuz kangz"?

Yeah

whites weren't considered human up until 1600 ad. thus they claim each and every civilization as theirs.
being wh*te must be suffering. but don't it won't last long.

Nothing new, phoenicians trade with almost every country in europe. phoenician dna can be found in france, spain, italy, germany etc

And we're your white ancestry half :^)

@65018862
>posts chart in anglo language on an anglo-khotanese carpetweaving forum
pottery tßh

>the chinese civilization was found by europeans

I knew it. WE WUZ N SHIEET

I suppose so, but I tend to believe genetic evidence. It doesn't mean that Ancient imperial Egyptians were European, but it does mean that at least the royal family of that Dynasty was European.

AYO WE WUZ CARTHAGINIANS N SHEIT

WE INVENTED GLASS FO DA WYTE ROMAN TOOK IT AWAY

Mind if I ask for any articles or such about it?
I am fucking lazy.

I'm not saying I refuse to believe you, but just the concept of an Egyptian royal dynasty actually being British is pretty absurd to me.

uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/idUKTRE7704OR20110801

It definitely made a lot of waves. 50% of western Euros and 70% of Brits have the same general haplotype.

Ahh it's concerning haplotypes, that I can understand

Also
>"We think the common ancestor lived in the Caucasus about 9,500 years ago," Scholz told Reuters.

Feels good being the literal progenitor lf the white race tbհ

>"The haplogroup R1b1a2, which iGENEA (swiss genomics company) claims includes King Tut, arose 9,500 years ago in the Black Sea region. How Tut's ancestors would have gotten from that region to Egypt is unknown, but Scholz said iGENEA hopes to learn more by collecting more close and exact matches from modern people of Western European descent."

AND I'M GONNA KEEP ON LOVING YOU

>Nós éramos a Fenícia e o caralho!