twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>his language doesn't even have silent "ent"
top kek

>mfw et, est, ai, ait, aient and haie are all pronounced é

>est, ai, ait, aient, haie
>pronounced é
only in Fr*nce

in based Québec we actually distinguish between the é and è vowels

even Greeks bother pronouncing the second half of their words, what's France's excuse?

Well depending on where you are in France they might do it as well

European French is subhuman

You guys pretty much say "ain" and "an" the same.

JE VEUX DU PAN

je t'aime boku

>European French

You mean proper French right

>You guys pretty much say "ain" and "an" the same.
>JE VEUX DU PAN

I have never heard that before but ok

>I have never heard that before but ok
not him, but "pan" is literally how you guys say it (to our ears).

Obviously to your ears it might be different, because you're used to having a much smaller variety of vowels, but we have way more vowels so to us French French sounds like the same 5 vowels spammed all over the place.

youtube.com/watch?v=FKdn4tV4kzc

I understand your point of view but the difference between "ain" and "an" is always fairly clear when I hear people speaking, even to your ears it can't be that "subhuman" that's a shit example

Haber
A ver

They're just too much used to exaggerate it because they find being subtle and clever too complicated

It was just banter lad, of course it's not subhuman

>mfw most people don't fucking make a difference between "in" and "un"

it's fucking infuriating

fite me 1v1 behind the school

>meanwhile in sudaca spanish
>casa/caza
>voz/vos

So wait is there supposed to be a difference ?

you did it only to make me snap, right?

right?

You'd better make the differecne between "il" and "ils" than between "in" and "un"

Was I ?

Pan?

>mfw there is a difference between "in" and "en" in most English accents and I didn't know

desu I pronounce il "y" and ils "il"

>mfw French people pronounce "mangerais" and "mangerai" the same

stupid smelly frogs can't even design their language properly lmao

Context m8 - and liaison too sometimes

You can hear the difference between "il" and "ils" when the first letter of the following word is a vowel.

>indian
>enjoy
Do these sound the same? Or do you mean:
>allergin
And
>swordsmen
Sound the same?

We're just very lazy, desu

Southerner detected

"in joy" and enjoy sound the same to me

Pin and pen sound the same to me. I once overheard someone say "I need a pin" and thought they meant "pen" when they were referring to a pin number. I was surprised to learn in other places no one would make this mistake

Yep.

Il aime = il èm
Ils aiment = il zèm

Il entre = il entr
Ils entrent = il zentr

Il attaque = il atak
Ils attaquent = il zatak

etc...

I don't get how it should be different for this one, except for an eventual liaison

Stupid kiwis don't even use their land's language

whakarongo mai :DD
titiro mai XDDD

is this standard in France? we do this too in Quebec.

Also, "elle" either becomes "e", "a(l)" or is completely muted.

Examples:
>Elle veut manger. --> È veut manger.
>Elle aime manger. --> Al aime manger.
>Elle danse mal. --> A danse mal.
>Elle est belle. --> Est belle.

>I don't get how it should be different for this one
Mangerai is supposed to be an é sound
Mangerais is supposed to be an è sound

desu i only speak like that when I'm drunk.

Just like English, they haven't updated their orthography to their phonology in about 1000 years

Luckily the French upgraded it for them

>standard

AFAIK, no

I don't really pay attention to this kind of things

>Also, "elle" either becomes "e"

I do that, sometimes

>Elle est belle. --> Est belle.

Nope, we don't do that, here

Also, I often say "jour", "soir" and "nuit" instead of "bonjour" "bonsoir" and "bonne nuit", you do that, in Québec? :^)

this special "weird shit" mention to

>Also, I often say "jour", "soir" and "nuit" instead of "bonjour" "bonsoir" and "bonne nuit", you do that, in Québec?
Nope, at least not in my area

german obsession with efficiency, again.

>be french
>conquer england
>get btfo repeatedly by england
lmao

Says the leaf and their digusting accent

Your French is completely retared

Hey, I recognize you, lad, why are you so obsessed with us ? That's CUTE

>Poopeelander revisionism

Stop being so rude, copain
French in general is retarded. If theirs is more retarded than ours, then I respect them!

It's more like English pretending to still speak Old Saxon (write "knight" but say "nait"), and you pretending to still speak Latin (write "eaux" but say "o")

>weird shit
You haven't seen how we build questions.

>Suis-je beau ? --> Ch-tu beau ?
>Veux-tu chanter ? --> Tu veux-tu chanter ?
>Vient-il chez nous ? --> I vient-tu chez nous ?
>Peuvent-elles danser ? --> A peuvent-tu danser ?
>Les toilettes sont-elles là-bas ? --> Les toilettes sont-tu là-bas ?
etc.

This really triggers me. Finns literally pronounce every letter that has been written down.
WHAT'S THE POINT USING LETTERS YOU DON'T PRONOUNCE?!!?!?
REEEEEEE

Hello Rasheed

>being french unironically

can't make this shit up

Weird but...noice.

See this merde ?!

Homography/Homophony is a bitch. We do it too a little bit.

It's mostly just accents that just get lazy and people don't change how things are written to accommodate for that.

Désolé :^)

A FUCKING
FLIGHTLESS
BIRD

You must respect their culture, traditions and language, anonyme.

I almost threw my phone out the window today while duolingoing French.
Perkele.

basé Manu

This whole thread is fascinating. It's like seeint PT-PT and PT-BR arguing, but from the outside.

Are there more stupid differences between French and CanaFrench?

>people who can't differentiate "o" and "au"

fucking kys yourselves on the mouth

Quick answer to your picture: they sold it.
Anything you haven't been taught in your shitty educational system you would like to go through?

>they sold canada
lol

there's a difference?
wtf i hate french now!!!

Perqueley* :^)

Yea, this meme language is very strange...and kinda gay apparently, but this is Cred Forums, so it's not a problem

Mate, some bigger madcunt bought it, kek.

Cause we like to make things complicated just to appear sophisticated. Even most french people have trouble with the language, especially with the spelling.

>ça
>sa

yeah, but from what I've seen it's still not as extreme as the differences in portuguese

But if you want examples, then there are several.
>je vais --> m'a
>sur la --> s'a
>sur le --> su'l
etc.

Also, unlike the Portuguese "debate", there's little to no ambiguity in French about what's correct and what isn't. We're only a few million and are quite irrelevant, so the global standard is still dictated by France. Therefore, all our weird shit is limited entirely to colloquial vocabulary, but if you're writing/saying something even slightly formal, it'll just be in standard (i.e. France) French.

>ces
>ses
>sais
>c'est

History, tradition, heritage.

But you wouldn't know about that.

ARRÊTEZ DE DIRE "DES FOIS" A LA PLACE DE "PARFOIS" C'EST PAS CORRECT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

>je vais --> m'a

"Imma" ?

>su'l

Yep, I use that, sometimes

France should just speak English, it's the lingua franca after all.

If Vietnamese schools still teach French or Russian, i would like to know how much of a faggotry it would be, they only teach English and students are complaining.

My working theory is that french evolved from the literally retarded barbarians who couldn't pronounce latin words correctly, so they decided "fuck it, lets just skip the hard letters"

>"Imma" ?
No, supposedly it's a contraction of "Je m’en vais"

?

Yea, if you whine because of English, don't even try to learn French.

frogs btfo

>]

That's what he meant, if it was an equivalent of imma in english.

It is.

ouga bouga où sont les baguettes :DDDDDDDD

>another vile brit spewing his nastiness around the Internet from his depression bunker

What's wrong with all the edgy brits on this board?

I assumed he was wondering whether it was a loanword from "imma", hence why I said no.

That's what i have been telling the kids.

Honestly. Makes sense.

fug romans :DDDD

One ship wasn't enough it seems

You use french everyday.

for example ban mhi "au plat"

>be french
>be a terrorist
can't make this shit up

Yea, that's what I meant

Why? They're interested in learning French? Or they were just whining?

>je vais --> m'a
>les québécois
>ne pas être les sous-hommes

or pê đê (pédé). :^)

Anyway it would imply that we use Chinese much more, since our vocabulary is Chink'd.

>pê đê

WTF I love Vietnam now

means to reply to:

Here's another fun one: we LOVE to drop the final non-silent consonant in words.

>quatre --> quate
>correct --> correc
>plus --> pus (except when the "s" is pronounced)
>être --> ête
>table --> tabe
>vinaigre --> vinaigue
>nationaliste --> nationalisse
etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=e1QOtYaBAO8#t=0m38

MAH

>Your French is completely retared
>retared

T'es attardé

>quatre --> quate
Checked
>correct --> correc
Checked
>plus --> pus (except when the "s" is pronounced)
Checked
>être --> ête
Checked
>table --> tabe
Checked
>vinaigre --> vinaigue
Checked
>nationaliste --> nationalisse
Nah, I love the "st" sound

>trying to pronounce the end of autres
WHY DOES THIS LANGUAGE HAVE SUCH STUPID SOUNDS

what region? Most French/international students I've talked to have mentionned this as one of the aspects they dislike the most about our dialect.

Grown-up languages retain outdated spellings due to the industrialisation of printing before major pronunciation changes.

It has nothing to do with
> WHAT'S THE POINT USING LETTERS YOU DON'T PRONOUNCE?!!?!? REEEEEEE

Foreigners complain that French/English are grammatically easy, then in the next thread, complain about 'retarded' spellings. Then post about both fucking endlessly.

Touraine.

what the problem with the end of autres? It is really pronounced as it is written, except for the silent s.

Just do like :^)

We unironically pronounce it "autes" instead of "autres" (in colloquial speech only, mind you)

"otr"

I think he's talking about the guttural r

MUWAAAAAAH, yes, the famous French guttural R... :^)

It's only autistic Nordics and Krauts that complain about English orthography, without realising there's no government or académie anglaise that could even reform it.

*government department

Well they use it in Germany and Danemark too. It's not exclusively French.

Yeah we have the population vs. origin debate, but I think pretty much everyone agrees that PT-PT is the """proper one""", since it carries the name.

I hate Quebec

Yea but I only see them complain about OUR R.

>muh French R is too difficult, muh French R is stupid, muh French R is ugly, muh French R is gay, muh French R => dick in da mouth

btw, how do German and Danish Rs sound like?

thanks for ruining my meme

>tfw wanting to learn french after spanish
>tfw the slilent letters have crazy rules and can change depending on placement of a certain syllable

We also use the same R here.

I don't know why everyone is always weirded by it, it's the proper R. The English is the weird one in this case.

> crazy rules
Do not pronounce the last consonant. Crazy.

Stop trying to learn the rules. Almost no french speaker is aware of them. You have to be exposed enough to the language to get the feeling of it.

It's not even that hard to say at the end of bonjour, but for some reason it's really hard for me to pronounce the hard "t" sound and then the "r" sound right after without sounding really awkward.

Uh excuse me? It's *my* meme.

I think it's wayyyyyyy easier than the rolled R.

I hate rolling my R. It's just...not natural.

Well, probably because we just don't do that, here.

proofs?

I made it.

t. meme maker

We also roll our R's sometimes and use them interchangeably.

It's more a person-by-person change than a regional thing too, but the "French" R is definitely the most common and """"right"""" one. I think everyone can do both, but default to one of them.

>sounding really awkward.

Well, that's French, m8

I don't really know how to pronounce your "th", so I use "d", "v", I don't know if that's correct, but I just don't care

>The English is the weird one in this case
Their R nearly sounds like a W which is retarded

Yea...

(nice trips !)

nah sorry bud but it's clearly my meme

t. mfw a q**b*c**s steals my meme

youtube.com/watch?v=SJjWk-NGVxs

You think?

youtube.com/watch?v=2K8_jgiNqUc

2bh a lot of french patois (local variation of french) use the rolled R, but those patois tend to disappear so...

>mfw I'm not even from quebec and I made this meme

>90 is prononced quatre-vingt-dix (4*20+10)

Our rolled R's are somewhat of a lisp that nobody cares enough to mock. Some people do it, and it doesn't sound wrong or anything, so it goes unnoticed.

I honestly never really thought about it until I saw american shows commenting on it when the characters are learning Spanish.

Plus, we also have a soft-r that you guys don't, though, which is like the rolled one, but with just one roll. Not unlike Apu from the Simpsons pronounces the English "r"s, or how an american would say the "t" in water.

lad, même is literally a word, here

And an important one !

Post your favorite French language thing

youtube.com/watch?v=GuRQl4rAajs

There are two "th" sounds, a voiced one and an unvoiced one where you push air through your mouth. With both, your tongue should touch the gap between your two top front teeth.

kek'd

Yeah I'm pretty sure I've already heard that soft R sometimes, I've listened to some Amália Rodrigues, and some bossa nova although I'm not sure whether br-pt uses it.

Honestly I wish we adopted Switzerland's version

Nonante

youtube.com/watch?v=LVNifKDW6t8

It's a bit like "s" and "z" but with a lisp, no?

TRAITORS OUT

L'AN DE GRACE SEPTANTE-NONANTE-DEUX :DDDD

Brazil has a couple of accents with different rules about how they pronounce the R's in some places.

Here it's pretty standard. At the beginning of the word or double consonant "rr" is pronounced the french way, and single "r" in the middle is the soft one.

Some Brazilian accents also add the rule of using a hard french "R" at the end of the word, even though those are always soft (Tom Jobim does this noticeably).

Other accents of theirs only roll their R's, others only use the French one. It varies a lot from place to place.

It's too big an area to have a proper unified pronunciation.

Not disrespecting finnish but this is usually a feature of languages that haven't had a writing system for very long

m.youtube.com/watch?v=EYVHxD45Rwo

Not really. There's no hint of hissing at all.

I didn't know you took my shitpost this fucking seriously.
I guess you can't transfer sarcasm in ASCII.

(You) in the pic.

>Tom Jobim does this noticeably
Yeah I've mostly listened to Jobim for which I noticed it, and some Gilberto Gil but he seems to pronounce differently, although I don't know pt so I can't be sure it's not just due to rhythm.

youtube.com/watch?v=Apx-DYw-Zf0
He softly rolls his Rs too

Yeah, Jobim is from Rio and Gil is from Salvador, which is like, 3 Portugal heights apart. The accent from Rio to São Paulo changes a fair bit, so from Rio to Salvador it should be even more noticeable.

Some Zuca might be able to justify it better, I'm sure.

yes

as an example:
>Tu as-tu spotté la fille ? Elle est trop cute avec son fan, je vais canceller mon rendez-vous avec ma gang et lui payer une can.
is something that actually exists in Québec

Unironically this:

youtube.com/watch?v=v-3Z3jmDiL0

I always liked French Jazz, but it's mostly the manouche thing which isn't sung. And the regular standards like La Mer and Les feuilles mortes are a bit too clichê in English for me to really appreciate their version in English. This one I heard in French only.

What's the French's opinion on Ratatouille? I thought it showed a sweet and humble side of France and Paris that is hard to come by, most of the time.

As opposed to? I caught some English foreign words, but I don't know how you'd say it in regular French.

To be fair if you wrote French more phonetically it would look like a retarded African creole... you'd never even notice it descended from Latin. It has a very aesthetic, if convoluted orthography. I kinda wish Spanish hadn't been so dumbed down, it was so unnecessary.

>What's the French's opinion on Ratatouille?

The movie did a really good architectural depiction of the city. Funny thing I noticed is that ALL the cars in the movie are models from the 70'-80' which is a really nice touch.

>I don't know how you'd say it in regular French

We don't really use those anglicisms
>spotté
>cute
>fan
>canceller
>gang
>can

Maybe "spotté" a little but that's more ghetto-speak. And fan but in a different context - I don't even understand its meaning here.
Also instead of
>Tu as-tu
We'd use
>As-tu
or
>T'as

Basically, they spend their time complaining about very few English words like parking, week-end or stop that are often used just like this in "France-French", while in the meantime they do that a hell lot fucking more, even when there is a litteral translation available (cute, fan, can...), or use stupid "Frenchified" English words like "spotter" or "canceler"... Extrem hypocrisy.

It's not rare to see them use some English grammar, like the way they use "to marry" accordingly to the English grammar rather tha the French one.

Yea, French sounds like a nig nog language, sometimes

>BOKU :DDDDDDDDDDD

>fan

as "éventail"

I heard it several time when I was there just a few weeks ago.

Well I know you guys use "cool" and "weekend" so I wasn't sure.

Yeah, some young cunts do that here too - using full on english sentences and expressions, mostly from memes. They usually stop it by the time they start working, though.

Wtf is a fan?

And wtf do you mean by can? Is he gonna buy her a can of coke?

>industrialisation

Interesting, but why did the outdated spelling not change in the digital age? Is it a heritage and ancestry thing?

The only part that was actually accurate was "avec ma gang et lui payer une can.", the rest was complete fabrications. And I'm sorry to say, but if you really think cherrypicking a sentence with two anglicisms is somehow astounding, you really need to take a hard look at your own way of speaking.

German R can be rolled or guttural, depending on the Region you're in.

Nothing wrong with guttural r's desu, no idea what Anglos are whining about

That's what you get when a Germanic people attempt Latin.

Rien de difficile la dedans, Stas...

Actually in French, we say "canette" which is an anglicism too. The true word for it is "boîte". A real canette is pic related.

Edith Piaf's rolling R is how french should sound desu.

Nah Bubba...plus comme ceci...

youtu.be/qb6F3oIdQII

Our R are a mistery tbf.
People from Rio and SP and the centre-west in general say it like the h in english. People from the southermost part roll them a bit. Northerners and northeasters may use the guttural or the soft version but most people don't really care and may say both interchangeably.
Tl dr: It's a fuckfest

Not a bad thing, for a foreign learner it means they can use whatever (except the ENglish R)

It sounds exagerated in daily conversations but combines in this particular case imo:
youtube.com/watch?v=lu3eSNi__4w

Meme c'est un mot anglais aussi putain de deb

Cute and tu as-tu is also quebecois though

le

>Cute
Yes

>tu as-tu
No, it would be t'as-tu

youtube.com/watch?v=o6-ArGDTOlo
nice

Georgian had a written system long before French came into existense
1 letter = 1 sound

P[an] [An]chluss
P[ain] Th[an]k

No.

French is a waste of time. Learn a real language like Japanese or German.

what kind of music is this?
reminds me of bossa nova for some reason

>Learn a real language like Japanese

Tu fais du sens, Big Bubba...

>Learn a real language like Japanese
american """humor""" ladies and gentlemen

Looks like she's roiding. Female athletes look like trannies.

French declined into irrelevancy and only homos and brown people speak it now.

rude tbqh

>real language like Japanese

>Looks like she's roiding.

Brah, you must be a fuckin manlet...

The same could be said for german then. Also, I would like to know the difference between a real language and a fake one, if you're intelligent enough to make a coherent response, but I don't expect much from a fucking yank.

you do realize there's no difference between Canada and USA? You're basically their state

So... ?

vers
vert
ver
verre

>weaboo poltards
it's like 2 kinds of cancer which theoretically contradict each other combined into one despite the odds

It's American education

and you know that pronunciation was not “invented“ here, it came from Aspain?

Only low class people speak like that desu.

There's no-one to change it m8.

They literally sold it to England. Everytime they would get fucked up by England (so pretty much all the time) they would give them a part of Canada until almost nothing was left.

>forgetting our greatest french allies in the world
Haiti>France, they even have more white people than France.

She's literally built like an upside down triangle. Not really attractive. Her face is OK I guess.

Those word don't even mean the same thing and don't even have the same function.

Para los españoles sería:
Casha/Cazza
Vosh/Vozz

So just after the verb add tu
C quoi cette merde arrêtez de ruiner le français

As if the r is that hard
I want to hear the difference between beaucoup and beau cul because I don't know how ou or u sound and it drives me insane
>I think u is like "you" but entirely said with the throat, and ou is just the English oo

>mfw sang, sans, cens, cent, sent, sens have the same prononciation