Soviet Union offers you territory swamping because the border is too close to its capital

>Soviet Union offers you territory swamping because the border is too close to its capital
>It offers land twice the size of that it's asking for
>Refuse
>Soviet Union declares a war against you
>Aftermath is you losing the lands the Soviets wanted and getting nothing in return
>You also lose your access to the arctic ocean despite that not being in the soviet initial goal

>Decades later you still boast about how you won against Russia

lmao fins

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mannerheim_Line
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molotov–Ribbentrop_Pact
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>swamping
Well it just happened that we thought that we had enough swamps as it was.

Finland concentrated their defences in the area the Soviets wanted to annex which is why they didn't want to give it up

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mannerheim_Line

Swapping*

Any other comments?

>be Carthage
>be raped by Romans
>after over 2000 years, still manage to be more irrelevant than Finland, because some sand people came up with a fucked up idea called Islam and you fell for it

If you'd know eternal Ivan like we do, it was all a ruse of uncle Josif.
3/5 bait because got me to answer.

And?
This doesn't answer why fins are still delusional about the winter war.

Yeah yeah we lost it, so fucking what? Russia is a shithole, Finland is not. Get over it.

>delusional about the winter war.
Care to elaborate?
We didn't go the Eastern Bloc way. We maintained our independence. Our losses were smaller than Soviet losses. Even the loss of land was almost negligible.
I'd call that a victory of a sort. A moral one, at least.

(You)

are you retarded? If you want to see what happened to countries which blindly accepted R*ssian """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""cooperation""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""", look no further than shitholes like Estonia, which got raped by the USSR.

Yeah, they lost 10% of their land, including Karelia which certainly sucks, it's a sad chapter in the history of the Finnish nation, but at least the remaining 90% is actually prosperous and not an HIV-infected slavshit shithole.

>(You)r mum

I like you, Canada.

I'd call her Lesbianon.

wow - you sure showed me pekka

>Our losses were smaller than Soviet losses
To be fair that's pretty standard

Go clean your pants, fatso

Semi rare

I want to lick her puss omfg

wtf? there are much better chubbies than her desu

>Tunisians
>Carthaginian

You literally lost your only access to the world. Now you have to pay Denmark for access to the Ocean.
Finally a Fin who can admit reality
How can you compare trading land with what happened to Estonia lmao

Oh please don't start this bullshit.

By your logic Italians aren't descendants of the Roman Empire and modern chinks aren't descended from the Han Dynasty.
Fuck off with your exceptionalism bullshit.

this boi is MAD

b-but muh simo haylmaoha

fins are rusian slayers, rite, rite?

le 1000 soviet soldiers lose vs 1 fin. 'how many people did you kill? 0 people just soviets xD' rite rite?

invasion of finland 100% justified. you sadly cant move the city. but you can move the border. + finnish leader then was buddies with hitler, cant take chances.

Tunisian have little to do with ancient Carthage other than location

>How can you compare trading land with what happened to Estonia lmao

>swap land near capital for worthless swamps
>soviet forces now near capital
>defensive fortifications gone
>suddenly mysterical mortar strike hits soviet forces
>Finnish soviet republic is born

Does someone have a precise map of the territories that the URSS offered?

>You literally lost your only access to the world. Now you have to pay Denmark for access to the Ocean.
So they still don't have air travel in Tunisia?
Just stop your stupid posting already Ahmed the Camel Hoarder.

Get out of Kazakhia, Ivan.

S*viets had no right to demand another country's territory in the first place. The USSR was a mistake that should've been stopped before it happened.

+ islands in the baltic sea, as compensation we would have received the counties of repola and porajärvi

most likely they would have invaded even if we had agreed to these demands, just like they did in the baltics

soviet archives showed that the first detailed plans about the winter war were made in march 1939, and last details were added in the summer

Also, I think Mannerheim was a pretty big Russoboo so I find it rather unlikely he would join the Germans in any greater war, especially since they had attacked the nearby Nordic states so recently,

>Gts fronted with good arguments

>no u
>u sukk funland bedder :------D
>USSR SUCC XDD

mannerheim didn't have any political power until the winter war but most likely we would have just stayed as neutral unless germany would have tried to invade us like norway & denmark

t. ara—oh wow, you really are an arab

Yeah.
Russia didn't really get much out of that apart from making Finland drift closer to Germany considering how quick you were to take back the lost land.

well leningrad was secured which was their main objective, otherwise they didnt really gain anything other than make us closer to the west

Didn't you almost reach leningrad and then stop because you didn't want to enrage Stalin though? Or is that wrong?

Would be a laugh if the Finns did manage to take Leningrad though, a laugh riot

Don't do that, finns got just one somewhat impressive military conflict - don't take it from them.

Had a dream last night that the Soviet Union came back but there was a piece of Siberia that didn't want to join the reformed country so they had their own separate country

>Implying the Jews wouldn't trade all their military victories for permanent peace

Almost all historians regard the siege as a German operation and do not consider that the Finns effectively participated in the siege. Russian historian Nikolai Baryshnikov argues that active Finnish participation did occur, but other historians have been mostly silent about it, most likely due to the friendly nature of post-war Soviet–Finnish relations. The main issues which count in favor of the former view are: (a) the Finns mostly stayed at the pre-Winter War border at the Karelian Isthmus (with small exceptions to straighten the frontline), despite German wishes and requests, and (b) they did not bombard the city from planes or with artillery and did not allow the Germans to bring their own land forces to Finnish lines. Baryshnikov explains that the Finnish military in the region was strategically dependent on the Germans, and lacked the required means and will to press the attack against Leningrad any further

in continuation war we mostly stayed within our own border with few exceptions

Finns won because we got to keep our independence.

Jews have no military victories and do not want peace.

What about the six days war?

Okay. Let's say we had taken that deal.

If you seriously believe that Russia wouldn't have conquered the whole of Finland later on, you haven't read your history. Maybe you haven't heard of the Molotov–Ribbentrop-pact?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molotov–Ribbentrop_Pact

We didn't want to follow the road the Baltic countries were on.

> lmao
Real people died during this war, you monster

Yeah, let's trust soviet union and let them closer to our capital in exchange for some forest, it's not like we have enough of that lmao

I like alternative history now.

I'm sure you like the timeline where we complied and become a SSR as soon as you had amassed troops in the brand new staging points, instead of getting bogged down in the isthmus for years

I just wish we had a timeline where world war 1 never happened.
post Napoleon Imperial Russia and Sweden used to be at quite friendly terms I think.

imagine a timeline where napoleon wasn't a fucking idiot at borodino and moscow wouldn't have been burned & abandoned

russian army capitulates, alexander I surrenders and all of continental europe is ruled by napoleon

>poortugal