Do you prefer American Pancakes or British Pancakes?

Do you prefer American Pancakes or British Pancakes?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flapjack_(pancake)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eating_utensil_etiquette#American_style
montrealgazette.com/Vermont firm implicated million maple syrup heist from Quebec warehouse/7932184/story.html
theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/canada-must-stick-to-its-word-on-saudi-arms-deal-trudeau-says/article29981571/?service=mobile
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>British pancakes
they're called normal pancakes

Doesn't matter as long as they come with strawberry jam and white cheese

I prefer Norwegian svele.

They're crêpes

American pancakes are the normal one, British pancakes are "crepes" but they call them pancakes for some reason

Either one is fine as long as you don't put fucking bacon or chicken wings with maple syrup on them, fucking savages

do you love japan

this is a pancake
ops image has lätty and american lätty

Pancakes are pancakes

cholesterol with pancake skin

I like normal pancakes, not these failed waffles you have in the US

Blini are best tbqh.

The left one looks way better

Kill yourself.

God I hate Americans.

'Murican ones, by far

T H I C C C C C C C

Come on baby, you know you love us and are normal pancakes

>American pancakes are pancakes
>French pancakes are crêpes
>British pancakes are breadcrumbs, milk, sugar and minced beef

God i fucking hate americans, it's your retard panckase that are abnormal. Normal panckaes are pic related

>hating Americans because of food terminology
wew

Crepes > flap jacks

Reminder that americans call fringes bangs
They microwave their water
They put bread and all condiments in the fridge

What do pancakes have to do with a flapjack?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flapjack_(pancake)

God i hate Americans.

>condiments in the fridge
That's normal
>bread in fridge
That's not.

waffles > crepes > pancakes

>hating americans because you eat crepes but call them pancakes even though that just confuses things

Yeah I'm not clicking that, the link alone is full of faulty information.

A flapjack has fuck all to do with pancakes.

>They put bread

That's Australians

Well I didn't write the article m80 so I guess your vocabulary isn't universal hey.

God I hate Americans.

I think you'll find "American" pancakes are just large Scotch pancakes.

Don't forget that yanks put eggs in the fridge.

You don't get,

>crepe
It's all about the filling and topping.

>American pancake
it's all about the batter itself.

We invented pancakes so we can call them whatever we want

Just another Scottish inventory.

>American and Canadian pancakes (sometimes called hotcakes, griddlecakes, or flapjacks)
>A flapjack, muesli bar, cereal bar, or granola bar is a sweet tray-baked oat bar made from rolled oats, butter, brown sugar and golden syrup.
Honestly where do these filthy Brits get off doing this shit to the English language.

So how long ago did you deploy to Australia with the US marine corps?

This

Just like apple pie, right?

1943, cunt. Pacific Theatre. Not that your Paki arse would know anything about it, Abdul.

Reminder that Americans eat by cutting up their food, put down their cutlery, switch their fork into their other hand, eat then repeat.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eating_utensil_etiquette#American_style

I speak English, not some spic chink babble. Get back to school and learn to speak correctly, yank.

>tfw you will never eat pannekoek met spek en kaas like grandma used to make them

God I hate Americans.

You can't turn it off can you?

Nigga, I'm in VT. Da fuck u think?
>As of February 2015, this grading system has been accepted and made law by most maple-producing states and provinces, other than Ontario, Quebec, and Ohio.
Hey Quebec, as the biggest maple syrup producing province/state, why won't you get onboard with the new grading system?

thin because the only thing good about pancakes is the crust

american pancakes are fat and ugly, just like americans

Do yanks actually think that? The Romans ate them and they are mentioned in the bible.

agreed, in italy pancakes are the american ones

>the provinces that produce the most syrup aren't using america's meme system that probably exists solely to make american """maple syrup""" look edible

ahhh.... makes me wonder...

based Italy

those pancakes aren't british

Wait, brits don't put eggs in the fridge? What the fuck. Next thing you'll tell me is that you don't put, ketchup, mustard or mayo in the fridge.

>He eats crêpes

We did more in the Pacific than you ever did, you twat.

How many aircraft carriers did Australia deploy there again?

We don't have a problem with salmonella over here, so no, they don't need to go in the fridge.

>British cuisine

Same.

The mind boggles.

>A Yank shit talking Brit cuisine
We're just bad at it. You seem to go out of your way to make eating a horrible thing for all involved.

It's not a problem here too but we put them anway.

British cuisine is worse in everyway from American

Which is British Cuisine but improved

Cucks.

>tfw the only good food in Britain is Indian food

How many did the British? lmao

I don't speak French.

this limoa

Eggs don't go in the fridge. Yanks have to put theirs in the fridge because they chemically wash them, destroying the protective coating.

Do hens put their eggs in fridges?

honestly, I do that too
it's the easier way, otherwise you keep holding your knife for no resaon most of the time

>the provinces that produce the most syrup
>for bulk use
Yeah, Quebec and Ontario sure do make a lot of maple sugar that isn't fit for table use. What a badge of honor that must be, eh? Just think, you're of the same quality standard and obstinacy as Ohio.
Anyway, as a state with a geographical area much smaller than either province, we'll gladly assume the role of the greatest producer of quality maple syrup.

Great example, fish pie is delicious.

>Do hens put their eggs in fridges?
Do Lions put their meat into the frdige?
Do Cows put their milk into the fridge?
What kind of stupid argument is this? Chcieks are animals.

This

Are Brits retarded?

The ones ITT? Definitely.

>One of the largest fleets ever assembled by the Royal Navy, by VJ Day it had four battleships and six fleet aircraft carriers, fifteen smaller aircraft carriers, eleven cruisers, and numerous smaller warships, submarines, and support vessels.

i do not like pancakes

British, I guess. In my family we've always had them that style, with sugar and lemon juice. Best pancake topping of all.

Chicks are animals, eggs are not. Are you retarded? So hens squat out an egg and it instantly hatches in your eyes?

Don't lower yourself to an Americans level.

>You assembled that big of a navy for the pacific theater and still did nothing

how fucking useless are the british lmoa

Your nation survived WWII through US beneficence and with aid of sacrifices from Canadian and Australian servicemen. Don't pretend you helped out in the Pacific.

this wew

Enjoying your first day out of Cred Forums?

>So hens squat out an egg and it instantly hatches in your eyes?
Again what does this have to do with anything?
We put eggs in the fridge to preserve them and keep them fresg longer.
>CHICKENS ARE ANIMALS, EGGS ARE NOT THUS WE DO NOT PUT THEM INTO THE FRIDGE
That's retarded but then again all brits are.

So you're just shitposting then.

Can burgers not ruin a single thread?

>implying this thread wasn't shit to begin with

Again, the facts state that we did more to defend Australia than Australia managed.

It was very educational.

Are you retarded or is your grasp of the language just poor?
Eggs don't go in the fridge, you're the spastic who started going on about meat and animals. You're the one who started talking about chickens.

Kindly read a dictionary and go fuck yourself ;)

>brits in charge of being able to handle the banter

>;)
Oh you, you almost baited me.

What is it about yanks that makes them completely unablt to understand the concept ofnbanter? Brainless shitposting like an infant is not banter my engorged friend.

Yeah I expected you to just shitpost once I called out your retardation.

You have a lot of growing up to do.

Just admit you got one-upped there pal, it's okay, everyone's lost a banter contest to an American once in their life

Looking at this creature, it would seem the line between banter and mental illness is finer than I thought.

Not him, but that's extremely debatable and partially because our officials at the time initially sold out our interests for britain's interests. We should have been fighting in the pacific far earlier than we were. But our traitorous turncoats were more loyal to the empire than their homeland.

Thank god we got over that and recognised perfidious albion for what they are.

Congratulations, you have just discovered the essence of every single rant about the U.S on Cred Forums, a manchild temper tantrum of 'god I hate Americans'

God, i hate Americans

>act like a moron
>complains when people call out out on it

God, i hate americans(see how i wrote Amercians using small "a", i wanted to disrespect you).

Youmu is the worst 2hu

shitty meme character

Well I capitalized Americans because it comes before god.

That's not the point I was making though, the point is that every carefully hand picked argument and explaination about why some American is an asshole for existing is always about one thing. A simple, immature, underdeveloped bitch of 'god I hate Americans

Next thing you know an Americunt claims they invented pancakes and therefore are the 'normal' one.

samefag (unless I clicked the wrong flag accidentally)

>Brits are so insecure about their French heritage that they rename crepes to pancakes

>Well I capitalized Americans because it comes before god.
>One Nation Under God.

You should be charged with treason.

Well we did invent french toast, which is better

>One Nation (America) comes before god

See?

At least we don't shart all over ours.

>implying
Did we hurt your feelings, friend? I'm so very, very sorry.
Please upvote if you liked this XDDDD

>mfw making American pancakes with bits of bacon in them and maple syrup on top
Breakfast of the Gods.

British since they seem to have simmilar to ours

>Eggs don't go in the fridge
But they do.

You did not cunt

>pancakes
>doesn't look neither like bread, nor like cake
American pancakes are the only pancakes.

>bits of bacon in them
well, time for pancakes

thats a slightly too thick crepe

Is it real maple syrup, or maple flavored HFCS?

Do Europeans even get real maple syrup?

You don't even capitalise God.

You're a heathen and a traitor.

probably a communist too

What are you gonna do? Throw a boomerang at me?

You're probably right.

I've sent your IP to the relevant Authorities. There's 50kilos of unmanned hellfire freedom on its way to your house right now.

Ours comes from Canada.

Good lads

I've never had maple syrup.

What does it taste like? Is it like honey?

Guess I need to shoot the drone down

Not really, consistency is thinner than honey and it is sweeter. It has a flavour that is unique to maple.
Kind of surprised you've never had it, that's depessing tbqh

ah yes, your guns should do the trick

Lucky your government lets you keep just enough weaponry to make you think you have a chance against expendable unmanned freedom drones.

Brits are hilarious, they have such a huge sense of "Little England" that they have to throw hissy fits about American pancakes. Here's a news flash for all you brits, Americans make better pancakes, have superior sports, superior food, superior humor, better living spaces, and just generally is more attractive than the UK. It makes me laugh sometimes thinking about all the little brits shaking in their 300sq ft apartments, thinking about how to beat Americans in arguments when their country is literally the most irrelevant English-speaking country in the world.

I forgot you guys don't have any of the good guns

It's sweet, rich, and slightly nutty, with occasional hints of vanilla. You should try it if you can.

baked pancakes are the best

Leave our crispy pancakes alone you fucking cunt.

Can you get them in aus btw?

I don't even know if they still make them.

EU is pretty anal about ingredient lists, and the syrup I have wouldn't list "maple syrup" as the only ingredient if it consisted of corn syrup.

>Kind of surprised you've never had it, that's depessing tbqh
Well we don't have the weather for it here, and it probably wouldn't go with our cuisine.

I only ever had pancakes twice in my life, too. We're well set for food, tbqh.

Sounds nice. I could probably find it in a store. It's probably just as shitty as the olive oil you guys have there, though, since the people are not familiar with how it's supposed to taste.

That's a yorkshire pudding

rrrrrrRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Lemme get this straight, you put it in the skillet, then put the skillet in the oven, in order to cook it in the oven on the skillet?

Shit version of golden syrup
Can you get golden syrup in Canada?

wtf

Those aren't even remotely pancakes

>skillet

It's a frying pan you mong

You can import it here, and maple is a valid substitute for sugar in practically every dish. Also, maple and pork are a godtier combinaton

Salut, ça va ?

They're barely considered fit for human consumption so I wouldn't take it too seriously.

Nope, that's a skillet Walter

It's CLEARLY a Yorkshire pudding

Unbearable yank

You heat oil in a pan in the oven until it's smoking hot, then put pancake batter in

ENGLISH pancake batter

You serve it with a beef roast and it's delicious

Pancakes must be thin.
t. pancake inventor

What's english pancake batter exactly?

eh, they're similar, but these have a higher milk to flour ration, have no meat drippings, have more eggs, and also have a bit of vanilla and sugar

you eat it like american pancakes with maple syrup or a fruit sauce

what's so weird about putting a cast iron skillet in the oven? that's one of the benefits of using one over a non stick pan. it would come out completely differently if you just cooked it on the stove top instead of in the oven

You've never baked out of a skillet before?

That's a cast iron skillet, frying pans are different.

Import what, the olive oil?

Cause our (southern Europe) olive oil exports bullshit the composition big time. It's the worst fucking product most of the time, and tastes nothing like the one you buy here in the same exact bottles.

Most of the time you oil you guys get is mixed with norther Africa and non-virgin oil, and sold as extra-virgin. It's a whole fucking mafia.

Anyway, I'll try maple syrup next time I go to the store. I'll see if they have snow too, cause I've never seen that either.

We can, but molasses is much more common

It just seems like we are adding more steps to cooking than we need, but I guess in order to fluff it up like that baking helps

Yeah, it just feels funny because I'm so used to glass baking dishes for things. Plus to make pancakes it looked like more complexity than was there before.

As my mother used to say

>6 of flour, 2 eggs, 4 of water, 6 of milk

All in ounces and fluid ounces.

I meant to say you can import it there, as in you said no weather for I assume maple production, Canadian maple syrup can be imported though.
Unless you meant the weather is too warm, in which case that's nonsense. I've been drinking maple ice capps all summer and autumn

Sounds quite desu a but more cakey, would kill for a bit if that with some nice vanilla ice cream and some berries

>that image
Reeeeeee why are canadians so annoying

well you could make it in a glass baking dish, then it'd be similar to swedish ugnspannkaka or what this finn posted earlier. with the cast iron skillet you let it heat up in the oven, which helps give it the extra rise

Cringe pic.

Yeah I meant production and even demand for it. I'm sure I can find it if I look for it.

Almost the entire country has gone full reddit, and Canada's most enduring reddit-tier meme is the constant apologising.
Can't be helped desu, Trudeau, who is basically the physical personification of reddit and tumblr, currently has the highest approval rating of any PM ever.

DELET THIS PIC RIGHT NOW

Even here, with our loose labeling laws, I think it has to be called "maple-flavor syrup" or something like that.
>It's probably just as shitty as the olive oil you guys have there, though
Rude desu
Good maple syrup comes from all over New England, Quebec, and the Great Lakes. Maple sugaring is a tradition all over these regions, not just in Canada. Vermont makes the best maple syrup, and I'm having some on my oatmeal right now.

delet delet delet. We can't let the Australians see this.

American Pancakes don't even look like real pancakes

>Rude desu
I meant that because we don't have proper Maple Syrup, we can't tell the difference between good and bad, and we get cheaped out, much like you guys get cheaped out on olive oil imported from here.

Not that maple syrup is bad everywhere.

Too late to turn back the clock now.
All that's left to do is embrace it and die

That pic is true though

I think we can all agree Staffordshire oatcakes are objectively better.

>Vermont makes the best maple syrup

That explains why they are stealing ours

montrealgazette.com/Vermont firm implicated million maple syrup heist from Quebec warehouse/7932184/story.html

The one on the left is British, right?
We passionately join the team freedom then.

Ah, ok. I thought you meant Americans don't have good maple syrup because it's a Canadian thing.
If you buy something imported from Canada or maple producing states in the US, and it says "real maple syrup," you should be fine. Be prepared to spend a few euros, as this stuff ain't cheap.

Now we are selling them weapons too. In fact our $15billion deal with Saudi Arabia makes us the 2nd largest arms dealer in the middle east after USA

theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/canada-must-stick-to-its-word-on-saudi-arms-deal-trudeau-says/article29981571/?service=mobile

That's a lot of butter. I hope that's actually ice cream, because that looks delicious

Oh I know, funny considers our PM marches in fag parades.

It is suprising for him, but then the only thing he likes more than queers is muslims, so not too surprising.
If he ever meets a muslim queer he might explode.

Yes, It's a ball of ice cream and some smooth cream

Drop scones?

>"Maple Grove Farms purchased the maple syrup in good faith with no reason to believe that it was coming from Quebec or that it may have been stolen. The prices paid were consistent with normal commercial prices for maple syrup purchased from sources outside of Quebec. Maple Grove Farms is fully cooperating with the investigation being conducted by the authorities, including the Quebec Police."
Pierre, I expected better off you. How could you ever characterize your friendly southern neighbors as knowingly trying to undermine our shared industry? Some healthy competition is one thing, but what happened up there is considered just as pitiful an act down here.
We're proud of our product, and, even as fine as Quebec maple is, we rely on our own perfect source.
>pic related - mine

North American pancackes are almost identical to scottish drop scones

findu nothing wrong

>friendly competition

Québec produces 75% of the world's maple syrup, Vermont produces 6%.
And if they're so proud of their product why were they buying it from unknown sources?

THE BASTARDS STOLE IT

THE BASTARDS

This, can fucking yanks stop culturally appropriating us for one fucking second
RrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

kek

America is the true home of the Scots
come home, Scotsman

normal pancake > american "pancake"

This thread made me hungry, but I don't have any food :(

Looks like whatever murricunts try to make they get burger.

>75%
And most of that is commercial grade, not fit for table use.

I don't know why this company was buying from unknown sources, but my impression is that it just wasn't looked into too deeply. Vermont can only produce so much due to its size, and it's known (at least within the US) as having the highest quality syrup.
I don't appreciate this unfriendly tone, pal.

>North Americans culturally appropriating Great Britain
Have you ever heard bluegrass music?

different taste and ingredients

Just banter, everyone knows that Vermont and Maine are Canadian anyway.

those are creppes.

>live in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia (new scotland)
>still know families that are native scots gaelic speakers
>eat drop scones
>get called a thief by Britishers

>rhoticism
>freedom

Is there any part of American identity that hasn't been blatantly stolen from us?

I think he was referring more to the Yanks.

>Vermont and Maine are Canadian anyway.
>although, unlike Quebec, Vermont has been an independent republic
Maine is the buffer zone between the pleasant Maritimes and the hell that is eastern Massholia.

Fläskpannkaka masterrace, with bacon and lingonberry jam mmmm

Yes, the stuff stolen from every other culture we encounter.

Yanks steal everything. Try living next door to them. Half the things you and the world think are American are probably from Canada.

>new glasgow

heh, I never knew there was a new glasgow.

Are you called New Glaswegians?

>Half the things you and the world think are American are probably from Canada.
That's bold.

this
fuck amerifats and bonglets

I don't know what their domonym is, I'm not actually from Nova Scotia, I'm from New Brunswick, I was just making a point.
Lots of people of Scottish extraction here too though.

Good to see nobody mentioned crumpets, as it should be.

Crumpets are so underwhelming. That's such a great name wasted on something so uninspired.

Them be fighting words

We do not discuss them with outsiders.

It must be so weird eating real food when you grow up eating foods packed to the gills with HFCS.

Pump your brakes, kid.

posting patrician tier pancake

Americans are so underwhelming. That's such a great country wasted on people so uninspired.

No need to be hostile. There's plenty of things Brits do right, but palatable food may not be your forté.
No, everything I eat is drenched in maple syrup, and is served with all-natural ice cream, sharp cheddar, and a regional beer.

>Canada

Cheddar is our food you muppet.

Dutch pancakes. (I guess they are the same as British)

HOWEVER

Most of our culture was stolen from the countries.

See It's ours now.

I present to you, Chilean pancakes. Fun fact: since it has tomatoes and avocados in it, Americans consider it a vegetable

While Vermont is almost certainly the 2nd best state and is vastly superior to the bilk if America, why does Maine do everything slightly better except maybe cheese?
Gifford's is best ice cream, passamaquody maple syrup is best American syrup, and shipyard export is best American craft beer.

How are that pancakes?

>everything I eat is drenched in maple syrup

...so you had crumpets with maple syrup on them and you found them underwhelming? I'd call that user error.

Is that a hotdog with guacamole and tomatoes?

>passamaquody maple syrup is best
False. Mine is.
>American syrup, and shipyard export is best American craft beer.
Wrong. Long Trail beats all.

Also Green Mountains best New England mountains.

Are you a Newfie?

>strawberry jam and white cheese
>Not honey or dulce de leche

My sister likes putting nutella, but I think nutella is overrated.

that looks like a heartattack waiting to happen

>mfw you gotta know what a crumpet is before you understand cricket

>False. Mine is.
Do you actually make your own? That's awesome
>Long Trail beats all.
I prefer my shipyard, and Maine wild blueberry wine is best wine, fuck grapes
>Also Green Mountains best New England mountains.
No coast though, that's depressing tbqh. Also, Mount Katahdin, is like 1,000ft+ higher than the tallest peak in Vermont
>Are you a Newfie?
New Brunswicker

This

I'm all about the BLINI.

Pfannkuchen mit Pilzen und Lauch is great

>Do you actually make your own?
Yeah, I was taught by my dad when I was a kid in Ohio.
>No coast though, that's depressing tbqh
No, but Lake Champlain is nice. Pic related.
>Mount Katahdin, is like 1,000ft+ higher than the tallest peak in Vermont
S-size isn't everything. Our small mountain towns are cozy af.

we eat it this way too, or even better Semmelknödel mit Vanillesoße

>Yeah, I was taught by my dad when I was a kid in Ohio.
Based
>Lake Champlain is nice.
Sturgeon fishing in Champlain is a bucketlist dream of mine
>S-size isn't everything. Our small mountain towns are cozy af.
Most definitely, almost as cosy as Maine's small seaside fishing villages

>Based
Yeah, he took me wild berry picking, hunting, and all sorts of other fun hillbilly stuff.
>seaside fishing villages
Matter of taste, I guess. I've always lived in landlocked places with loads of rivers and lakes.
>pic is national forest land near my house

My father also took me berry picking, hunting, fishing, etc. Best childhood desu

Pic are my favourite fishing spots around my house

You all eating sweet pancakes disgust me. It's the same kind of abomination as sweet pizza.
"British pancakes" are the normal pancakes. "Swiss crepes" are normal crepes.
American pancakes should disappear along with eating savory avocado.

>9696
Those spots are idyllic af, bud.

>your country doesn't eat blood pancakes

Why are Brits ashamed of their French heritage ?

Northern New England and the Canadians Maritimes are the most cosy and idyllic places on earth imo

Pic is about 5 minutes walk from my house, taken earlier this summer. Great spot for brook trout

The French bit

Pls adopt me

>British pancakes

That's cheesey eggs