How well can you discern regional language differences just by listening?

How well can you discern regional language differences just by listening?

>can immediately tell if someone is speaking Korean or Japanese, Mandarin or Cantonese, etc.

>can tell subtle differences between Spanish dialects after listening for about a minute

>ditto for Scandinavian/Nordic languages (sound differences between Swedish and Danish, etc.)

>can immediately tell if someone is speaking German or Dutch (Dutch vs Afrikaans is harder)

>can't tell the differences between Slavic languages no matter how hard I try, Polish being the only exception (Czech, Ukrainian and Russian all sound the same to me)

>ditto for Arabic dialects, but can tell the difference between Arabic and Farsi

Other urls found in this thread:

greatlanguagegame.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I can tell the difference between swedish and finnish and between pashto and dari

>can't tell the differences between Slavic languages

not even Slavs can

greatlanguagegame.com/

have fun guys post scores

*sticks finger in mouth*

stop me faggot

Hindi sounds like high valyrian

Aren't Hindi and Urdu basically the same language? Makes no sense

M'nigga

650 pounts
Wrongs
Japanese
Ossetic
Thai
I also guessed on Urdu but got it right.

>mfw languages that aren't significant

From state to state, by the "r" and "s" sounds.
Also by the speed and the amount of "i" they put into the phrases.

From another countries it's simple, they're all speaking like angolans with nigger dialects ( poortugal included ).

>expecting anyone other than scandis to recognise the difference between Swedish Norwegian and Danish

Japanese is super easy to recognize imo, same with Korean

>can't tell the differences between Slavic languages no matter how hard I try, Polish being the only exception (Czech, Ukrainian and Russian all sound the same to me)

Polish is the Danish of Slavic languages.

Danish is very distinct. It sounds like Norwegian spoken with a potato in the throat.

:c

lost on the indian languages