What happened to Cred Forums?

The quality on this board severely dropped. It's all either generals or some low tier shitposts. No interesting discusions anymore. If you make a legit thread about some culture/language/art whatever it will just die with 5-10 replies at most. Cred Forums was always memey but now it's just fucking awful.

I miss the /culturepals/ threads with the old guard. An assload of nudes of lulz were had.

I agree but whatever. I suspect any contributing posters left Cred Forums or something.

Yeah, everyone has become too obsessed with Cred Forums politics. There are still some good threads and some of the generals can be funny but I would like to see more good discussion.

Just make sure to always reply to good threads, that's the only way to improve this board

>It's all either generals or some low tier shitposts. No interesting discusions anymore.

also this, Cred Forums has been too much infestated with Cred Forums contamination

in my opinion it has went up. much less dumb blind hatred. everyone is much more chill, and overall feeling is rather comfy.

Ironic shitposters attracted more shitposters. The shitposting was no longer ironic after a certain point. Mix that with the apathy and consent of others and you got the current Cred Forums-like cesspool we have. Plus all the interesting history-related discussion no longer belongs on here.

Those who perpetuate this behaviour will respond to you with old stale shitposts such as HURR GO Cred Forums WHERE EVERYONE'S A NO FUN AUTIST or YOU JUST CAN'T HANDLE THE BANTURRRRRR.

The topics of Cred Forums and Cred Forums overlap slightly, for better, for worse.

quite true.

clean the loo

reminder

Shitposting truly did make things worse, plus spamming and parroting and Cred Forums shit.

Cred Forums and Cred Forums are competing boards and it's for worse for Cred Forums as it's smaller

also making /his/ was a catastrophy for Cred Forums

Damn....so true. You're right, i better leave this site now. I don't want wake up tomorrow and realize i wasted 10 years on this place.
Wtf was i thinking when i decided to join here when i'm already 27 yo. This place if milenials now. My generation as all stopped coming here for sure.

To be fair. Every board has, it seems. You should see /trv/ these days

why would you browse Cred Forums for 10 hours straight

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with talking about politics on int. However all people seem interested in is immigration and Muslims, which is a real shame, because int could be everything that pol isn't

The problem lies with the flags. People can't ignore them, so a potentially interesting thread about an Cred Forums related topic gets swarmed by "you're not white" "poo in loo" and other overused memes.
The generals are just plain stupid. Almost every country has a national imageboard, no need to come here and bullshit in your own language.

national imageboards are usually even much worse

yes, I know, but it makes no sense coming to a board meant to be a place to talk with people from other countries and talk to your countrymen is your language.
also, there's so many of them I just want to die.

There is definitely a place on Cred Forums for discussion that isn't in English. The trouble is that generals are quite insular, and it would be hard to make foreign language threads that are about a particular topic because only a limited amount of people would post in them. That's why /brit/ is actually ok, lots of people post in it

>Cred Forums was good before it became all memes
>Cred Forums was good before it became all memes
>I'm still here

this

why the fuck do you go on Cred Forums to post in finnish to other retarded alcoholics like you? how is it Cred Forums related in the slightest? if any non-finn enters the thread with a serious question le ebin shitposting begins

I don't mind people discussing in other languages, but I mind when half of the board is people circlejerking in generals. It's just dumb.
I don't know about other people, but I first came to Cred Forums because I wanted to "experience" other cultures and talk to people from around the world (this is how I learned that Brazil isn't considered western, as an example). Circlejerking in /luso/ with brazilians and 1 random portuguese guy that pops from time to time is the same as visiting a national imageboard (which I already do).

This board was descent like a year ago, since then it has become Cred Forums little brother (I wonder what happened in the last year the triggered all this retardation...)

But still, the shit posting can be fun, but the last time I actually learned something interesting about a country was like... a very long time ago.

/his/ hurt Cred Forums a lot, as did the Cred Forums mod raids that pushed them here, many never left or kept Cred Forums as a secondary board. The popularity of Aussie memery certainly didn't help, nor did new generals like /cum/ or expanded /brit/ that killed /fveys/, /Anglo/, most of /eire/, etc.

Cred Forums has been worse

but I come to Cred Forums to talk to the Poles

I've been here for like 9 years, god have i wasted my time.

Yeah I agree entirely

We need to insert more posts that spurn self awareness like this.

you are a millenial