I just learned Americans do elementary school math in college

I just learned Americans do elementary school math in college.

Maths*

I just learned Americans do poops in their pants.

How the fuck could they get into Cornel?

This is true and I am bad at math even by American standards

Business or liberal arts students where they don't need math for their degree

Is it something to do with their SAT entrance exams?

Nepotism (i.e being Jewish)

most students don't take calculus until they are out of high school and in college. like I said, most, not all, but definitely 90+% don't take calculus until college.

calculus != algebra, but you get the point

>tfw did calculus in my first year of what you'd call highschool

>How the fuck could they get into Cornel?
Probably just took African American studies in college

This, Calculus is a late High School/College thing, and OP's pic is a late Elementary School/early High School thing.

>math
Worst subject ever

You're not fooling anyone Chang

Affirmative action forced diversity quota bullshit

Over here we learned y=mx+b only in grade 10 (15 years old)

Juniors at my highschool could take pre-cal and if they were any good they could take calculus senior year

Business and other meme tier degrees

same, do people in other countries actually learn basic algebra in elementary school?

>oh you want to be a math minor? Heres the classes you have to take
>geometry
>oh no, I took this in high school
>yes, but you have to take this college geometry class

WHAT WAS THE FUCKING POINT

My calc class in college had foreigners from countries like NZ and Belgium so try again.

Because you apparently still have much to learn

>WHAT WAS THE FUCKING POINT
Just take the fucking AP exam or go to a uni that doesn't do that

I haven't had to look at a geometry problem since 8th grade

nigga I finished calc 2 and Im working on III

too late, Im already a college senior

Actually, at my high school, the best in the city, there were several tracks, so ultimately you took either Pre-Calculus, AP Calculus, or Multivariable Calculus senior year.

>college senior
>Im working on III
What the fuck are you doing lad

Who needs math? At least we know about the Holocaust from 40 year old survivors.

You still have much to learn

well, I was shit at math in high school and barely passed Pre calc before graduating

took it again as a freshman, the school fucked up and never enrolled me in the pre-calc class, and I had to take it again. Then I passed trig, took 2 attempts at calc 1 and 2(each), and now here I am

had to use 2 different calc teachers

What's your major?

Comp sci

Nice, me too

>be me
>take trig in like 9th grade
>ace that shit
>put me in algebra the next 3 years
>never do trig again
>go to college
>have to take trig
>dont remember shit, cant even fucking do it
>now functionally retarded at math

thanks a lot public school

>not remembering trig
How?

What is the point in math anyway. I mean we have calculators

Like...duh.

I did an MSc at LSE and currently am doing a PhD at a top ivy league school. Have TA'd at both universities and there is no doubt that top US undergrad students are much brighter than top European ones (all the intelligent continental Europeans go to the UK for university).

One thing about Europeans is that they enjoy a lot of rote memorization. Most of them, even the STEM students, will go through university without doing a single proofs-based maths course, very different from a half decent American university.

>remembering something I did 3 years ago and never did again despite having a million other things going on in my life

ages 14-17 felt like an eternity. I'm not even sure I was entirely sentient at 14-15.

>nuclear war happens
>emp destroys all calculators
>society breaks down
>only way to fix it is to use trig to fix a power plant
>no one knows how to do it manually anymore
>the light of civilization slowly dies

>2016
>believing in the numerical jew

That makes me feel better

>be me
>dont have college degree
>i can do calculus and mid tier finance operations
>way better than an american graduate
Kek and ive went to a shitty technologic school

Do you use calculators to do a majority of your non-algebraic mathematical work?

Venezuelan here

>go to bilingual HS in Nicaragua
>take calculus I as a senior
>even though the school is bilingual, some basic courses (e.g math) are run by the nicaraguan department of education and go along its national curriculum
>Honors calculus students are taking calculus II. AP people are taking III
>fast-forward to first day of college at Tulane
>learn that morning that my math-requirement has been fulfilled and i don't need to take any math-related classes for the next four years
>areyoubeingseriousbutalsoyothatssotight.png
>later find out most freshmen and sophomores are either taking algebra or finite math
>mfw

America, I love it here, but danngggg my man

>way better than an american graduate
Don't pat yourself on the back too hard, you're competing against people who majored in lesbian dance theory

>mfw forgot everything about calculus and math after being accepted in to med school

If youre not in UNAM or IPN kys, fucking waste

>Find a copy of Trigonometry for dummies in rubble.

get out of my country

>emp also destroys all the books

I took Calc about 6 years ago in high school. It is great for developing critical thinking skills, but other than that it has never been of much use to my career.

Americans don't need to know high level math to be at an amazing school because it is not necessarily important in the framework of the US economy. To those who do well in academia and career, STEM occupationds are often more difficult with only marginally better pay.

This is a simple concept. Think outside the box a bit, STEM friends, though I know it's not your strong suit.

I work in DC though so I am probably biased.

>IPN
>UNAM

Are those degrees real or just a meme? If so whats the excuse of even having them as a university?

In mexico the closest thing we have is sociology or social works studies and those are fully fleshed sciences which can be applied to the real world

do you know what an EMP is?

nah

How do you guys find internships in your respective cunt trees?

>tfw forgot every calculus course after finding out I'd need Biostatistics for the rest of my life

Well yeah, i forgot IPN has gone full chairo since last year

Where are you studying doe?

Lesbian dance theory isn't, but there are majors that are just as stupid

The point of meme degrees is for the colleges to make money off of the retards who pursue them. Blame federal student loans, that's what enables them

Do (You)? fite me cunt

>tfw only have a minor in business
Kill me if i dont get accepted next year

Thats some PRI tier corruption right there m8

>i can do calculus
That's sick. You can put it to use for wall construction.

My uni is right across from the HQ of a tech firm, I didn't have to do anything other than a very basic search to make sure that I wouldn't make more money somewhere else

Why do you think our education costs have risen so dramatically? We used to have some of the most affordable universities in the world

Why? You cant do it? Fucking worthless, no wonder why unemployment is high, theres saturatuon in the job market for Executive Mall Sharter or what?

stop spreading misinformation to third worlders

tuition is expensive because we pay for the best researchers in the world to be professors, america subsidizes the entire world through its research

Sure I can, I also took real analysis and numerical methods in college. I'm just pointing out that a Mexican would never have the brains to use it anyways.

>tuition is expensive because we pay for the best researchers in the world to be professors
Enjoy putting back 20% of your future income so that your children can go to a 3rd rate state college with "the best researchers in the world" instead of actually fixing the problem fampai

I had already taken calc 1-3 and finished linear algebra by the time i got out of highschool

Warning

Mad Beaner Alert

lol

build wall cunt

nigga stop LYING.

lying ass niggas ITT i swear to gah

>bourgeois south american who went to an international school convincing people that he's even vaguely representative of nicaragua

nigga i bet you're paler than i am - central american indios dont graduate high school in the US, let alone clog up remedial college classes

Sweet fag eagle tears, be careful boys, you dont want to shit your cargo shorts again

American schools are fucked up we always have a handful of retarded class clowns in every class, causing disruptions and the teachers just sit up there in a monotone voice for 2 hours with a god damn overhead lamp from the 1960s and then they turn off the lights so it puts you to sleep