Your country is the home of over 50 languages

>your country is the home of over 50 languages
>they're all, except a few, dying

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y0a8-VtIF3I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Chinese?

50 languanges is stupid all you need is english

have fun not knowing what the fuck they just said during ur whole life coz muh hipster blah blah´s

Evil enemy and good friend?

why vietnamese and cantonese sound the same?

>hurrrrr we must preserve the languages that are going extinct
I don't quite understand this sentiment.

Because we borrowed the tones from Thai and Cantonese, most Austroasiatic languages don't have tones.

South thai till the edge of Burma are wrongly coloured.

It's a long term losing proposition unfortunately, mantaining these languages while fully integrating the speakers into the speakers is not sustainable in a media driven world

How's the grammar work in Vietnamese?

almost the same as English, same word order (SVO) and everything. The most different things are classifers (it's like the "glasses" in "three glasses of water", except they appear very often) and pronoun system (we don't have a definitely "I" or "you", foreigners should use "tôi" and "bạn" tho). Also no inflection or cases, 4 tenses.

Na, you can raise children bilingual ans espeacially in the media age it should be possible for ethnic groups to set up own smallscale media like radios and website to erect a tribalist subculture.

Immigrants are doing it here to some extend, actually threatened groups can do so too.
Its sad if people discard their heritage because they think its backwards rather tgen to adapt it to and by the means of the 21th century.

So you have past verb and perfect verb too?
In bahasa at least, our basic grammar is similar with Chinese. We don't have past verb and perfect verb. So we use adverb of time to differentiate between past and present tense. But we have a lot of affixes and suffixes like me-, me-*-an, ber-, ber-*-kan, di-, di-*-kan, etc.
For plural form, we say the word twice like elephants = "gajah-gajah", though there are some exception.

youtube.com/watch?v=y0a8-VtIF3I

We put a word before the verb to define the time (exactly the way "will" works in English), sẽ for future tense, đã for past tense, đang for present continuous and past continuous tenses, chưa for "not yet".

Then there's no retard changing like in Eurasia language?
Seems pretty much easier than East Asia language then. Glad to know that.

The thing is you can't artificially mantain these comunities, guy who does well and is off to college in Mexico City isn't going to return to a population 2,000 village to maybe make one thrid what he'd get elsewhere on a dead end job. if he marries a college educated girl, eg someone outside his comunity he's not going to speak his language at home and there's little incentive for his children to pick it up.

These people do go through enormous efforts to try and mantain thir traditions alive but ultimately modern life works against that, you need to learn Spanish to fully function in society, you need to learn English to fully develop as a profesional (technical literature, to study, travel, etc.) traditional languages become expensive (time consuming) hobbies.

I'm all for people keeping their traditions I'm just trying to be realistic about the challenge involved.

What ? You wouldnt like having 18 different tenses with different conjugation for each pronouns ?

There's conjugation like my language, we use the same verb for every pronouns.

There's no conjugation

>2000 village

And here is your problem.
How about 2000 dwelling in a bunch of cheap flatblocs near to each other in a city, combining their income to buy up property some day or get into busynesses that favour their own kind concernin employment.

Everytime there is a marriage EVERYBODY who can speak the language/is part of the ingroup comes, leading to mass partys were connections get made and people look out for possible mates themselves.
>marries a college girl
Gets kept in check by shaming and a strong will to stay under themselves, not nice but thats the price of integrity.

Thats how turks, gyppos and jews do it here, in some cases leading to mutual detrimental social climates (fucking gyppos keeping pseudo-feudalism alve in le current year) in others it profits them and harms us.

Sucks but their motivation is understandable and bears fruits which adapt to modernity.

Vulnerable groups with aspirations towards education might survive this way without turning into gypsie scum but minorities more alike to jews with an ethically nepotist streak but a productive output strenghtened by a strong community.

Does the main verbs (be, have, go, ...) still have a special conjugation ?

Here have fun

>Does the main verbs (be, have, go, ...) still have a special conjugation ?

No, except "be", it has two form (là and thì), but these two aren't used base on the pronouns, but on the situations. Là appear when you need to define something (for example, "đó là tôi" - that's me), thì for the other things.