Do Germans have a superiority complex over the English?

Do Germans have a superiority complex over the English?

Because I overheard a German tourist in my home town of Brisbane saying Brisbane is surprisingly a very modern and nice city. Of course its modern and advanced you dumb fuck. We English created the modern world as you know it.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Lindley
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Clerk_Maxwell
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Stevens_(inventor)
youtu.be/4ztOV2wrrkY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>We English created the modern world as you know it.

But they did

Germans did quite a bit too.

Literally everything that forms the modern world was created by Germans.
From your shitposting machine to your phone, car, modern plane. Everything.

They were mostly Jews tbf

Friendly reminder in Hamburg there is a statue to an English engineer who showed them how to use plumbing in their cities.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Lindley

really? you think turing was a german?

rasheed

Yes of course, but the lion's share of the industrial revolution was catalysed by Britain, as were many of the important events like the fall of Napoléon

hehe

That's entirely wrong though, computers are Britain and America, phones were invented by a Scottish/Canadian/American, airliners by Britain and Canada, only cars are a Germanic invention on the list, and modern assembly line cars are the work of American Henry Ford.

Most developments in electromagnetism (after it's discovery) came from Germans (Hertz, Helmholtz etc.).

Wrong, wrong and wrong.
>making the production more efficient is making it yours

You what nigger? This way literally everything we have on this planet is a German invention.

Do Australians think they're English or are you just an expat?

nah this is the most important guy in that field

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Clerk_Maxwell

i go by gene origin. why? because it would be silly not to.

You said modern, a modern car is a lot more similar to what Henry Ford was producing than what Benz made.
What you're doing is the equivalent of saying that Ethiopia invented football or basketball, because the first known ball like object made from animal stomach was found there. It's a stretch

Which is why I said *after it's discovery*. Also Faraday was more important than Maxwell desu, Maxwell just wrote up Faraday's results into a field theory.

They built better concentration camps than the English.

Oh friend:The periodic system of elements (Medeleev), modern mechanics(Timoshenko),
modern austronautics(Tsiolkovsky), modern seismology(Mohorovichich), heliocentric theory(Copernicus), modern geometry(Lobachevski), the helicopter(Sikorsky),radioactive theory(Maria Sklodowska-Curie),early photography(Levitsky),wireless telegraphy(Murgas),Big Bang theory(Gamow),objective psychology(Bekhterev), walkie-talkies(Magnuski),colour television(Zworkin),electric tram(Pirotsky),alternating current, radar, hydroelectric plant, cryogenic engineering, transistor, modern electric motor, remote control, neon lighting , wireless communication (Tesla), radio(Popov), long-range telephone(Pupin), crystalline science(Stranski), modern geochemistry(Vernadsky), rocket science(Korolev), pre-lumiere camera(Prosynski), incandescent bulb(Lodygin), transformers(Yablochov), lasers(Brasov and Prokhorov), LEDs(Losev and Holonyak), synthetic rubber(Lebedev), solar cells(Stolev), digital electronic computing(Atanasoff/Atanasov), field recorders(Fidelski), contact lenses(Witcherle) modern education(Komensky), caterpillar tracks(Blinov), electrically-powered railway wagons(Pirotsky), Videotape recorder(Poniatov), petrol cracking(Shukhov), grain harvester(Vlasenko), modern anthropology(Malinowski), bullet proof vest(Zeglen), parachute(Kotelnikov),mine detector(Kosacki), space travel( Tsiolkovsky), vitamins(Funk), lunar roving vehicle(Mieczysław Gregory Bekker), sound in films(Tykociner), radar(Popov), train air brakes(Bozic), conventionally usable plastic(Stepanovic), ballpoint pen(Penkala), supersonic photography(Salcher), dactyloscopy(Vucetic), the antibiotic azithromycin, the power block(Puratic), modern petroleum industry and the kerosene lamp(Łukasiewicz).

Fun fact, most of your inventors were in fact, of Jewish, not German ethnicity.

The digital electronic computer was invented by Atanasoff, Turing just completed the theory behind it.

They copied Empire concentration camps from the 2nd Boer War

I never said modern car, shithead.
Also no such thing as a "modern" car. 4 wheels and a (German, Otto, Diesel, Wankel the choice is yours) engine. They just got bigger and heavier and got more saftey and luxus crap.

Man, Europeans are sad beings

SHART

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Stevens_(inventor)

Tesla didn't invent wireless communication. That was arguably Hertz.

Atanasoff *

I know, just they where more effective.

as far as i know british housing standards are subpar compared to most 1st world countries and the infrastructure is ancient in many places.

Not entirely, Tesla invented short-range wireless communication, Hertz used his patents to complete his vastly increase the range.

You specifically said modern world, but fine, take the car, everything else I said still stands.

Definitely, Germans are an efficient folk

No, the actual standards are some of the most strict and highest in the world.

Seeing how 70%of their housing was destroyed in ww2. I doubt that.

Are you being hyperbolic or does American education teach that 70% of homes in Britain were destroyed during WWII?
I honestly never know with you guys

that doesnt mean anything, many of those rules could be from 1950 + your cities have many old buldings while germans had to built everything new after ww2, so they have newer stuff and more of it built at the same time while you likely have a mix of buildings built in different times under different regulations.

We have that on our East coast and a bit in Québec.
I think it's nice, I'd rather live in a 200 year old house converted into flats that might not have the legal amount of fire escapes or handicap accessibility but has tons of charm and history, than a shitty souless modern apartment complex.

And every anglo country has German heritage. What's your point faggot? We wuz rome n shieet

We do have a mix of buildings built in different times, but they all have to comply with current regulations. If something isn't up to safety standards then it has to be made safe. There are many listed buildings which are protected because of historical importance, yet even these must be made to comply with regulations.

I've worked in the UK construction industry including refurbishment of listed buildings. I know how seriously these regulations are taken.

No it's what the Brits say

>Maxwell just wrote up Faraday's results into a field theory
>just
It's a bit more complicated than that, lad. Maxwell combined a range of equations used to describe seperate phenomena into a few. It's recognised as a monumental work for a reason.

Yeah I know, it was very advanced at the time but it would have been impossible without Faraday's extensive work.

ok

These "who invented what" debates are just dumb.

For example, one of Norways biggest inventions, the practical gas turbine, probably wouldn't have been possible withouth previous versions.

This goes for all inventions.
How plausible would the creation of the light bulb, a true scientific marvel, be without the discovery of the electric current in 1824? Etc.

The Ottomotor (4 stroke petrol) was invented by an Austrian called Reithmann.

>Phone
>Car
You're almost as bad as the Brazilians with their plane shit.

What I remember from Britsh homes are, that they are very tiny, 2 floors (with a rediculously small stairway - how do you get furniture up there?), extremely hot/tiny radiators, pipes running on the outside walls, 2 water taps (ice and steam), no/grey colouring and to the left and right there are like 50 identical houses.

You're describing a pretty small fraction of British homes and some of those things sound very outdated.

For a start, terraced housing (i.e. properties adjoining both sides) constitutes approximately 20% of the UK housing stock. The majority are either detached or semi-detached.

Within the category of terraced housing a lot of it is much more spacious than you describe, contrary to the stereotype. Terraced townhouses in London can be very sought-after

He was surprjsed because Australia is third world in a lot of aspects such as internet speed, energy sources and such.

Australia is, along with New Zealand, the Nordics/Scandis, Canada, and a couple Euro microstates, a heavyweight contender for the "best country on earth" to live in. These countries consistently rank in the top 10 of every single positive metric.

Internet speeds aside, Aussies live better on average than the vast majority of even 1st world countries.

He probably heard a bad rumor about it but decided to put his faith in you and give it a chance, only to find nothing but compliments for it

I know it's in your blood but try not to be a cunt sometimes

>probably heard a bad rumor about it but decided to put his faith in you and give it a chance

This isn't uncommon of Euros in the New World save maybe famous American cities. I work in the tourism industry and hear it all the time, about how "suprised" Euros and even Americans are at how developed and nice Canada is.
It's bad enough that I have a friend, who is dating a Yank girl, and her family is completely against it because they are sure he is just dating her in an effort to leave the hellhole that is apparently Canada, and get a green card out of her.
They really are fucking insane.

"contender" is great and all but it's irrelevant and quickly forgotten when MERICA is named the winner.

>her family is completely against it because they are sure he is just dating her in an effort to leave the hellhole that is apparently Canada, and get a green card out of her.

Kek it's just like that Parks & Recreation episode

lmao stupid deluded """""""english"""""""

I have watched P&R but I don't recall that episode. Was it about Eagelton?

Dans canada l'anglais et francos vivre en perfect harmony.

Only their bathrooms, taps, heating, plumbing, electrical and deco.

No it's about Tom's hot and rich wife, she married him for a greencard to move to the USA from Canada

Germans are very ignorant of the world outside their country. When I visited, some people where surprised that we had internet down here.

They think they're too superior to care about other people, but they'll never confess. I'm glad the jews are keeping them under control, germanics are an inherently racist waroriented people and should be kept in check.

Lol
I think I remember now

Pour vous

youtu.be/4ztOV2wrrkY

If there is someone who is really ignorant about outside world, then it is Americans.

[spoiler]this tbqh[/spoiler]