In America Italian food is synonymous with garlic...

In America Italian food is synonymous with garlic, but not only is Italy lacking in things like garlic bread but I've seen many Italian Anons here express disgust at the idea of excessive garlic. What caused this cultural chasm?

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/thesalt/2013/11/07/243733126/how-17th-century-fraud-gave-rise-to-bright-orange-cheese
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

anime

I'm not sure the two are connected

America is trying into its own culture and mixing cultures to get it.

Garlic is more of an Iberian thing, I think, as far as Mediterranean goes.

There wasn't much Spanish influence on the Northeast Coast though

Jews like garlic... are you to blame, Portugal?

We don't have any more jews than Spain.

I think the French also like Garlic, but I always picked them as onion-lovers.

Why are we jewish again? I've never even met one.

I'd like to take this time to let everyone know I hate Italian food.

kys to be quite honest

>there are people that aren't addicted to garlic

This is blasphemy! This is madness!

wat

You're supposedly "conversos" from the time of the reconquista.

>Why are we jewish again? I've never even met one.
You can thank the Dutch for that, for giving all the Portuguese jews asylum in the 17th century

>from the time of the reconquista.
The reconquista had nothing to do with jews, though. The Jews were expelled/converted in 1490 something (right before the push for the discoveries).

I do have a big nose, and am fairly good at maths.

Right. I don't know where those came from, since we had already expelled them before.

People eat garlic everyday but not much as you think. We put an entire piece (not the entire bulb) of garlic in oil when cooking but no one eats it.

I eat it.

garlic cloves are so good

Your taste is absolutely patrician

Garlic is good for health. Eat some parsley after a dish with garlic because parsley removes the bad smell from garlic

The problem is more Americans' inability to understand the concept of excess and going too far.

You cunts need to figure out how to limit yourselves

why would I limit that which makes me American?

thx for the tip paizano

Maybe it was the 16th century, but I know we got them. You can still see the offspring

Who cares?

Tomatoes are pure Americana and were culturally appropriated by Italians.

A lot of things in italian-american culture are very foreign to us, i guess in the 100+ years they've been there they just went their own way and mixed customs

The ones that did stay and convert invented the Alheira, for which I am very thankful.

I'm also probably half sepharidic or something, which sucks with the connections for nepotism, desu. I'll just be here and repulse myself.

we koreans do eat garlic everyday garlic is healthy and good

Garlic is fucking disgusting.

So "America" is a continent now?

Italian food is intensely savory, not really hot/spicy, and has tons of carbs and meats. It's pretty much a reflection of American taste.

In america "italian" has lost all meaning. I remember going on a trip to New York and go to an italian restaurant just to find it completely staffed by arabs and not recognizing a single dish on the menu. Another trip I took to Boston and I honestly expected to find an italian restaurant manned by irish, but I'm pretty sure they were some kind of slavs.

Swedish food is fucking disgusting so keep your worthless opinion for yourself, you genuine cocksucker

But we associate garlic bread with Italian food too and aside from the Romans we only got a surge of Italian immigrants a few decades ago.

Love garlic bread but it's rare as fuck here

Or maybe it was onion bread

>Another trip I took to Boston and I honestly expected to find an italian restaurant manned by irish, but I'm pretty sure they were some kind of slavs.
Why the fuck would you go to an Italian restaurant in Boston? The Irish literally bullied the Italians there into irrelevance. Also, we don't stop anyone from opening up a restaurant from another ethnicity which is why Greek immigrants have a bunch of restaurants that make the worst pizza ever.

I'm not actually a fan of the buttery garlic bread, I remember having garlic bread where they baked the garlic into the dough - or rubbed it into the bread with oil, like bruschetta

Garlic bread?

what the fuck is wrong with you? there's almost no savory dish that isn't improved with garlic

That's because you're the 51st state

We're the 0th state, cunt.

I don't eat filthy faggot swede food either.

It tastes like shit and has a horrible after taste. Fuck garlic.

Fucking hell I love garlic.

Is it true that garlic repels bats and other night beasts?

ye

Come to America to truly experience what being Italian is all about

I love garlic bread

But New England Greek pizza is objectively GOAT

Stop being so obsessed with food

good post

>it's a Nordic is triggered by people caring about the flavors and quality of food thread

I love you

What did garlic ever do to you, man?

>Also, we don't stop anyone from opening up a restaurant from another ethnicity which is why Greek immigrants have a bunch of restaurants that make the worst pizza ever.
See that's the point. How can you think you know anything about other cultures when your immigrants just do whatever the fuck they want and just slap the most valuable brand name on it for convenience's sake?

Such is the price of freedom.

Behold: a Greek immigrant decided to put a cinnamon-spiced meat sauce on top of spagehtti and topped it with American cheese. It is now a dish known as "Cincinnati Chili"

Oh I don't mind those who experiment to get new dishes, as long as they don't baselessly claim they're espousing italian cuisine.

>american """"cheese""""

>italian dish
>proper measurement of ingredient, perfect balance of basic, rustic flavors
>american """italian""" dish
>mamma mia me put a tomato basil and garlic on top of macaroni

why does american cheese look like shredded crayons?

Oh

>flavors and quality of food
>a fucking burger

You literally can't make this shart up

But when you come here as a tourist in a restaurant don't fucking ask for Cincinnati chili!!!

Uno Cincinatti chili per favore!
Also could i get some ketchup on that?

Bad! Bad Cletus! Stop! Bad! You're grounded now, little man.

DIO PORCO

damn I got hungry but Im on a diet and cant eat

Annatto. Because muh Cheddar Gorge
npr.org/sections/thesalt/2013/11/07/243733126/how-17th-century-fraud-gave-rise-to-bright-orange-cheese