How is eating out alone perceived in your country?

Japan
It's pretty normal but it comes odd in fancy restaurant.

Odd anyway
But I do it

strange

a horrific act of autism

It's not normal, but there's not much of a negative stigma.
Pretty normal to sit alone at the bar of a restaurant though.

no one cares about anyone else's business here

Assumed that it's your final meal before suicide

Fuck me. Does it at least mean I'll get special treatment?

>Lybia

Isn't your country basically Syria 2.0?
You have other things to worry about than eating alone and social stigma's.

Pity from caring people, but there aren't many of those left as you'd well know

>i need a person to watch me eating
what is this insecurity

Syria is actually Libya 2.0 minus the oil
Libya however is more like Somalia 2.0 with oil
Nevertheless though I'm talking about the period during Gaddafi's reign

I need a person to talk about my feelings...

This is "Taste Concentration" counter at one ramen restaurant.

I'd also say it's pretty normal.
If you're a single salaryman you don't always want to cook after a long day of work.

That said I'm a vegetarian so I have no choice - I gotta cook.

jjokbari buddhist you have to go back

my sides, how autistic can you get japan

This is amazing.

Fuck off.

I eat alone every time I go to Mcdonalds

So does everyone else in there

Odd, but I always do it because I'm a loner.
I don't like staying at home, so the time I could spend alone in my flat I spend it doing chores, walking aimlessly and eating out.

wagies want overprice for their undercooked food

rather just go somewhere takeaway place or buy ingredients and cook myself to enjoy food home

I hate eating out, especially alone. I feel like I'm a huge autist and people seem to think as well.

Hey man walking aimlessly kicks ass with whiskey

I don't like when people look at me while I eat, eating is a moment of weakness, just like shitting

This is what I don't get about the history of the concept of restaurants. At some point they were where teavellers ate when they weren't at home to prepare food and eat with friends and family, and the original Michelin guides were for businessmen in strange towns for business or on driving jaunts
But somehow there's now a whole psychological barrier to single people entering a restaurant

a bit odd, everyone pitis you for eating alone, even at fast food restrants.
If alone you better eat atyour car (heck, maybe i'm seeing things in the wrong way)

Not even close , syria has way more fertile land even foreists,
and The people are nice and friendly alos persian white

nobody gives a shit mostly

Most people are too self-absorbed in their individualism to notice.

Myself, I negatively judge people who eat alone for 10 seconds before forgetting about the person.

I would feel like a loser if eating alone, so I always have one or more mates with me when eating out.

Odd but understandable

i don't know i haven't been in a restaurant in this country for like 10 years

>eww

>why is that autist sitting by himself?

How do you even have computers and internet if people are bombing the shit out of each other in your countries?

I've done that before but with some company, will try it some time for sure. I'll just be careful to go walk in a crime-free zone.

Nice bate!

Who even eats at restaurants anymore?
>inb4 poorfag

I try to eat something new at least once a week.
Sometimes eating out is more convenient than cooking for this.

>not stealing an iPhone 6s from a dead IS fighter (they all have new iPhones as we know)
>not using the local US military bases WLAN
>not having an oil well in your backyard that allows you to be wealthier than most monarchs

There are many ways, just be creative

If you are at the university with any friend around... it is pretty normal. If not, it is a bit cringey

I can't fathom anyone ever giving a shit about it in a foodcourt like in OP's pic. If they do, they must be some of the most ridiculously self conscious people alive.

I guess it's a little unusual at proper restaurants, but I won't assume they're sad losers or something. Always having to be with someone else is sadder, in my opinion.

i'd imagine for people deeply insecure in themselves (groups of teenage girls, americans) eating alone would be seen as something distressing, most normal people wouldn't give a shit