Italy sure has a large economy but why does the country and its people seem so invisible in present day...

Italy sure has a large economy but why does the country and its people seem so invisible in present day? If not for boat people we wouldn't even hear about it on the news.

>why does the country and its people seem so invisible in present day
Because our internal political situation is so exceedingly fucked up our politicians absolutely lack the political capital to exert influence outside our borders without losing control of their opponents at home. Honestly I'm surprised Renzie even bothers going to EU meetings anymore, it's not like he has the time to lobby around with Merkel and Hollande.

Was uniting Italy a mistake?

Not inherently. It was done pretty badly tho.

>Italy sure has a large economy
Italian shoes can't compete in wide world area, they are expensive as a night with usa senator wife.

Italy since WWII has had an utter lack of noteworthy politicians. A Thatcher or a Mitterand or a Palme or a Merkel they have not generated.

I remember reading somewhere that Italiy is more or less 5 or 6 countries forced to be together and it's working only somewhat in reality.

Accurate?

>since WWII
I disagree. But it's certainly true if you say since the 80s.

Italy was certainly built upon the union of different enough groups as to deserve nations of their own, but after 150 years it's not so accurate anymore.
What is still true is that Italy is still very unequal north to south. But it's more of a spectrum than any sort of clear cut national division.

That's because you go for the handmade leather shit Ivan, just go look for a pair of Geox, that should be more appropriate to your income bracket.

you didn't pay enough attention, then, they had had a real weight in the eurozone politics those last years, especially around the 2010's. They brought a real weight in the balance to counterweight Merkel's retardation.

Well, on the world's stage, though, it's another story, sure.

we learned from our ancestor, the jews.
mischiefs must not be done above board

For once I don't disagree with another italian poster about the unification of Italy

bella

no palme is best palme

>implying any italian with sufficient education can defend italian unification the way it was done

>

>Palme

getting murdered by a hobo is a serious accomplishment

No, that's Spain

disrespectful

The Iberian Peninsula is much more homogenous than Italy.

>The Iberian Peninsula is much more homogenous than Italy.

No. In fact what makes Spain Spain is its incoherence. The Spanish national anthem doesn't even have lyrics because the different regions of Spain couldn't agree on what they should be.

Spain is pretty much a hyper-dimensional version of the UK

>padanian languages
Pls user, gallo-italic. I don't care if you think it's too easy to mistake with the italic macro-family, no politicized or politicizeable names.

Piddino terrone spotted

⠓⠑⠇⠇⠕ ⠗⠥⠝⠞⠎