Are there any English letters that your countrymen struggle to pronounce?

Are there any English letters that your countrymen struggle to pronounce?

th

Zis fucking letter(s) are so hard to pronounce

th, R

no such thing exist
this is a digraph

t. "ch" is one single letter

What about 'H'

'Ello 'ow 'ot is it in 'ere

H exists in French, but we tend to make a liason before it

These

how could you even struggle pronouncing a "p'

like, R, S, Z, and L i get it but what the fuck

Th

ч - 1 letter
ch - 2 letters
щ - 1 letter
tsch - 4 letters
latincucks btfo

>"R"
I used to pronounce it without problems until I took Russian, now I roll my "r" in English if I'm not careful

I'm retarded

Arabic has no P
google before you post

But you only got one diacritic, your alphabet lacks depth

V and W are the same sound.
Z and S are the same sound.

Diacritics and digraphs are used because Latin using languages are limited to a Alphabet their language weren't built for,
Russian however doesn't need any because Cyrillic is perfect for Russian.

Do you have a P?

Interesting explanation
Still think that accented "o" should be marked

you can still use áéóú & others sometimes
but we have ë
plus it's not really perfect - for example the only way to know where to put stress on the word is to remember it. You can't just look at the stress diacritic and if it doesn't exist follow a simple rule like in Spanish

cyrillic is retarded
>H is pronounced N
>P is pronounced R
>backwards R is pronounced "ya"
>backwards N is pronounced "i"

i swear, it was just made that way to confuse foreign learners

Yes I noticed this in that Swedish autist's videos as well
"Greetings truv friends"

Cyrillic was made so that we can clearly distinguish civlized westerners from disgusting barbarians in online games

no, it's in latin flipped И is pronouned N and P is pronounced П
also it's the same in greek kinda
latin 0
russian 2

yes
what other sounds does arabic not have ? I know only of P
well thats just how it is with Stress
Greek has fixed this problem but I think, stress is not marked in other languages(in every word, except homophones )

Alphabet is the most easy part, it's weird stress pronunciation and devoicing (though it comes naturally in German, I really can't understand it in Russian)

>Unaccented Я is either "ye", "yi" or "ya" depending of the word
>Unaccented "E" is "yi" or "ye"
>И is sometimes the same as "bl"

It's french-tier retarded

>th

this

APPY TOGEZERRRR

>French
>No stress, no problem

We literally pronounce every syllable with the same intensity, it's actually imperative to get liasons and enchaînements right

>cyrillic is retarded

ill fuck you up

hmm
we have 2 catagories, Emphasis on the first vowel, and one for the second vowel
so you have words that change meaning based on stress

Ochél(he eats), Óchel(food)

Interesting. In Russian, sometimes you have the pronunciation of the same word declined differently radically changing. But fixed stress is a bit boring though

It's actually quite easy to stop foreigners, even with a god-tier French, because they don't do liasons right

For example, "En arrivant" would actually be pronounced "En Narrivant" to keep the flow of the phrase

I have also noticed a trend, changing stress to differ between a name and place
Israél, the country/ Isráel, the name

>liasons
what does it mean ?

Basically when a word end with a consonant and begins with a vowel, you hold that consonant into the next word

>Il est des pays où les gens au creux des lits font des rêves
(there are some countries where people in their sleep are dreaming)
Between "Il" and "est" you hold the L so it's like you say "il lest" and I noticed foreigners never do that

Yesterday I went into a Asian grocery shop and he couldn't pronounce that right

interesting
is it like a sign of French fluency if you do that ?

In standard Arabic, V, G and Ch but I think most people can pronounce them just fine.
Also, different dialects have different pronouncations, for example, Egyptian ج/Jeem is pronounced "geem", Levantine ج/Jeem is pronounced like the French J, Gulfies pronounce it like English J. Egyptians pronounce ذ/tha (za) even though it exists in standard Arabic, ث/tha is pronounced (sa) or (ta) depending on the word, and a lot of them can't pronounce neither the English nor the French J (only G). So it varies from region to region.

If you manage to do it right, yep it's a sign you're speaking it well
But no worry, already trying French is great and you deserve all the praises

interesting
how many vowels does arabic have ? normal 5 like us ?
it must be one of those things that come naturally in time

Why did we get rid of this letter

Substituting one letter for two was so stupid

Probably because of the printing press

>we have 2 catagories, Emphasis on the first vowel, and one for the second vowel
I see you didn't listen in grammar class

It's last or second last

Printing press. Whenever you see something described as "ye", it's supposed to be "þe" but they substituted a y as it was easier.

well fug

Hey vasya what about H?

Having a digraph isn't bad
Having the same digraph for both þ and đ is bad

>adolf gitler

I once had a genuine argument with someone who claimed that in English /t/ and /th/ are the same sound with different writtings like K and Q.

I kept saying (with a good accent) three and tree and he claimed to not hear a difference

In the second world war, Adolph Gitler invaded Gollandia, a country in Evropa

Well, in ancient times þurisaz was used for the hard th, but Dagaz was used for both d and ð.

>not Niderlandï

Basically, there are short vowels and long vowels. The short vowels, which are written on top of the letters, are:
>Damma (u)
>Fat-ha (a)
>Kasra (e)
>Sukoun (no vowel/closed syllable)
>Shadda (doubling)
Long vowels:
>Alif (ā)
>Waw (ū)
>Ya (ī)

No, we can speak anything with no problem. I only find a pain in the ass that weird "o" in danish that they use all the ficken time, it hurts to speak, but the pronunciation is fine

I see
we have none of this, only 5 vowels for everything, old hebrew used to have a lot more but now its only 5 basic ones

-th though that's not a letter

t. Israeli

Stick your tongue out, lightly set your teeth on your tongue, make a thhhhhh vibrating sound

People can't roll those "r"s here
Rrrrrrrrr

Đis

but it's supposed to be Þ or ð

R, I, V, the io sound in -tion
Watching a Spanish speaker trying to say variation or irreversible makes my ears bleed

Imagine ðis, we could use English wiþ ðose letters instead of "th" and we would always know if the th-sound was hard (þ) or soft (ð).
While we're at it, we might also correct the spelling alltogeðer.

>not figuring this out
>mfw
Stick your tongue out
Have both lips touching the tongue
Blow

>wiþ
You still got it wrong Hans.

To be fair you're it's your second language and iirc Old English never had any specific rules when each one should be used since Þ is from a rune and Đ is from the Celts or something. I would also consider "wiđ" an exception to the unvoiced consants after certain vowels.

It's too late to fix English phonetically, it's too widespread.

>no brits posted the most obvious one
Shameful.

How did I get it wrong?
The "th" in "with" is not voiced, so it should be þ, desu.
I have never heard someone saying "wið" desu.
Alðough it should be the historical pronounciation, considering Old Norse cognate "með".

>mfw they can't even speak their own language

ZED
JAY-ZED

I've always voiced it. "Wiþ" sounds like someone with a lisp saying "wiss".

>hard (þ) or soft (ð)

>16 vowel phonemes
>no problem

I think it's a German thing. Similarly, "t" being hard and "d" being soft makes sense to me.

I like the names other Germanic languages call the types of words because they're easier to inference.
>Verbs = workwords
And """funnily""", there's an entire song about verbs being "a word that's an action word" that my sister says all the time because she taught it to her students.

dis

iktfb

I'm a native English speaker but when I study other languages they start to blend into my English and my other languages in weird ways