UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Are there any cool buildings, bridges etc currently in planning phase or under construction in your country?

Pic related: Helsinki's new bridge that will be the longest in Finland and will accommodate the new tram line extension, a foot path and cars.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DCvZ_m7qOUM
skyscrapercity.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=nS6p97-lodc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't even know if the "Tour Phare" (beacon tower) is finished in La Défense, the Greater Paris' business district.

(doesn't look like a beacon, it's the one on the left, with a beer belly)

beautiful.

fake pictures

They are building the bridge that is supposed to connect Crimea with the rest of Russia.

t. Not Helsinkian

That place looks so out of place in Paris.

I saw a cool video of how it will look.

Nice.
Come save us from US occupation, pls!

teuh teuh teuh!

Nice. Those curved buildings tens to reflect the sun in dangerous ways. In London it's causing a lot of problems.

Interestingly, as far as I know, Apple local HQs are in La Défense, while Google local HQs are in inner Paris.

weird, who'd have thought...

What is this supposed to mean?

Fucking finally

this

it's just fapping material for skyline fetishists and technocrats

for the rest, it's a fucking nightmare for infrastructures and transports, concentrating more and more people and jobs (180 000 in the last counting) in the same place, while everything leading to here is already oversaturated and overused

and they want to expand it more and more, it's just insane

fug those computer-generated pictures...
I googled it again (hadn't in a while), turns out Tour Phare never was and will never be. Cancelled last year. In favor of Sisters Towers, 30% cheaper, 30% shorter (200m), and just so... bland...

Funny because I thought I had had a glimpse of Tour Phare (literally Lighthouse Tower) from afar, from Rue de Rivoli... :(

There are so many nice jobs in La Défense, it makes me dream...

We want to build this dam to power the oil sands, but regulations here take decades. It was first proposed in 1981, might be finished by 2018.

Government wants it to be 51% done before the next election so if they lose the other government will be forced to finish it.

something like "nonsense", or "not not not", esp. addressing a child

Is that only 2 lanes? Are you fucking kidding me?

In the UAE?

Too many to count. The entire country is literally under construction kek.

Are oil sands still profitable with such prices?

>This thing is out of place.
>not not not
You are weird guys.
Europeans are commies. Instead of building huge bridge with 6 lines for cars and two giant intersections they build a gay shit for pedestrians and trams.

new db head quarters

They aren't profitable, but the big ones don't run at much of a loss.

What happens is you only need $10 million to start drilling for oil. You need $100s of millions to do a big oil sand project. So instead of small companies that go broke, it's big oil companies like shell that own % of the projects. They can stomach the losses.

It's cheaper to run them at a loss, then to just let them sit and have to start up again.

Dollar is down 25% with low oil prices. Problem was bydlos from all over Canada could go work there and make a lot of money driving trucks. Now they're all back home and poor because they didn't save anything.

Well, since oil is not gonna come back it will be closed eventually.

This bridge is going to be built in Vancouver. It's to replace a tunnel. It's not that big a deal, there was a tradition to hold your breath while you would drive through the tunnel so it wasn't very long.

They were going to build a railroad on baffin island to haul iron ore, but I think low oil prices have stalled it.

can a normal tram climb on a bridge like this?
the highest quality skyscrapers are in Paris, no doubt

They are completely rebuilding Łódź city centre with a new train hall. There will be cool investments around.

I don't think you appreciate how sparsely populated Finland is.

is that a promise?

One of them is done already. They are building now for 2 years.

AYYYY

and mainzer landstraße

It's a fact. Since now we have shell oil they will drag down any increase of price. If only India starts China-like industrialization with 2 digit GDP growth number then may be it will become expensive again.

isis gonna blow this shit up familia

It looks like finished.

an omnitower

Manitoba spent 4 billion dollars to make a back up power line from a big dam up north. It's a big mess.

Power poles are often the only signs of humanity in rural Canada.

Arabs and you are going to go broke. Russia can survive poor, but I doubt Arabs can.

They aren't building to last then. In 100 years, when the Finnish population is double what it is now, that bridge is going to be more of a burden than a boon.

Is dis spen? It looks somehow great, even though unconventional

If I was Jesus, I'd be really embarrassed my religion ended up creating this.

I would help them
you don't build bridge like this for the next 100 years

>back up power line
For what reason? Worries about terrorism?

We have some basis for economical growth and since our """"""elites"""""" don't have free oil money I think they will start creating some actual industry, IT etc. I mean every economical prediction predicts growth here in 2017. That will be our first growth that is not based on oil prices. Cheap ruble provides growth of exports and if/when sanctions are gone we will have needed loans and techonologies for further growth.

Their population is decreasing sooo... They basically reached the perfect stable balance of population and environment.

it will double in helsinki not summerhouseville, nowhere

Corruption hurts russia. Gazprom arena was estimated to cost much lower than it does now. 1 bln for a stadium is too much. Hope the arena is full every match.

>some basis for economical growth
everyone being either a criminal, a hitman, a prostitute or a government stormtrooper doesn't sound like a sustainable economic solution tbqh

This is a big project to make a hydro dam in Labrador, then send it to Nova Scotia so Americans can buy electricity.

Previously Labrador would send electricity to Quebec and they would jew them out of a billion dollars a year. They were really upset they couldn't get a piece of this pie.

Canada can be jews sending America electricity. We run our dams during the day when electricity is expensive, and then import it at night when it's cheap.

forest fire
an ice storm can take down power lines too

>(You)

>muh trams
>muh bikes
Looks like your bridge plans god sabotaged by environmental leftists? Who rides a bike or walks all that distance?

I know you're talking about me and my population. Fuck off and leave us alone.

>Who rides a bike or walks all that distance?
Not helping us with the fat American stereotype there pal.

American Express's new corporate campus in Fort Lauderdale

Looks like a giant glass bunker

>I think they will start creating some actual industry, IT etc
Just in time lol

1 of my friends cycled 15km to school and 15km back everyday. I did only 6.

already done

>when the Finnish population is double

Why not have a road so it's actually economically useful and not just a leisure walk?

what are these 2 buildings on the both sides of the bridge?

New bridge over the Forth because the old one is showing some sign of damage. Had a crack earlier this year and pretty much cut off everything North of Fife from the rest of Scotland and Britain.

One of Trudeau's election promises is the Trans Canada Canal.

They don't have the route figured out entirely, that's why some portions have multiple routes.

In winter when the top freezes, Trudeau says it will be used by submarines.

idk im not a helsinki fag

Cars are not very economically useful when we have no car industry(excluding military and heavy vehicles).

Why do gommies always try to build fuckhuge useless canals?

I commute by bike 90% of the time, 8 miles each way, you fat fuck.

Kek

just for sight I think

One of the biggest projects going on is the complete revamp of the infrastructure between Schiphol (airport) - Amsterdam - Almere. New bridges, aqueducts, junctions, more lanes and so on. Started a few years ago and won't be finished before 2026.

Pic related is a recently finished aqueduct, the widest in Europe. The new highway will be 2x5 lanes and the old highway on the left will be demolished.

>Europeans are commies.
topkek

t. country with government spending >50% of gdp

nice meme bro.

You really must be a real fucking pig to be blind to Russian user's stupidity of calling Europeans "commies", and thinking *my* comment is the ridiculous one.

Fucking get a grip, hater.

Looks like someone poured water over a Disney beach castle.

Another skyscraper Chapultepec Uno

gross

it need more trees

So now the 'refugees' can train hop, eh?

Seems comfy desu

Crimean bridge is going to be 19km long

youtube.com/watch?v=DCvZ_m7qOUM

Why is Helsinki so shit

I've never worked out a day in my life and I have 4% body fat, yet I still have legs about twice the diameter of his

dude looks like a cancer patient.

There are some pretty sweet parking lots being developed near me.

>catholics

$50 oil is pretty damn expensive.

Oil was $5-20 from 1960-2004.
It was only 1973 and 1979 and 2005-2014 when it was above $50.

Kill it

They're currently doing this bridge replacement - and it's being built in china for some reason

>no cars

As expected

or just use our canal

How's that economy going, Jorge?

China does infastructure cheap and properly.

The one which 8 ships have been scraped by in the last 2 months?

Cyber punk, here we come.

what are you trying to say? lol

They're even going to have a weird Deus Ex style walkable sculpture in the middle.

New Royal Adelaide Hospital. Expected to be 3rd most expensive building and most expensive hospital in the world upon competion ($2.5 billion AUD) as well as the most advanced hospital in the southern hemisphere.

Oh I'm sure they'll put coconut trees all around it

Adelaide will always be irrelevant tho 2bh

We are getting a new road (showed as red), will be finished in 2018

Good. We aren't a destination for immigrant mudslimes and chinks that way.

A mall close to my house is getting redeveloped, to include 23+ 30-60 story apartment towers.

everywhere in Saint Petersburg

another view

Olkiluoto 3.
It was supposed to be the first EPR type nuclear reactor in the world and building of the powerplant started 2005 and was supposed to be finished 2009. The total cost was supposed to be 3,2 billion euros. By the autumn of 2009 Areva, the company who sold the power plant, had lost 2,3 billion euros on the project instead of making any profit. In 2012 they announced that total the costs had risen to 8,5 billion euros. In 2014 they estimated that the project will be finished 2018, nine years late.

Olkiluoto 3 would be one of the most costly structures ever built in the world, being more expensive than for example Large Hadron Collider. The energy output of the reactor is 1 600 MW, which is pathetic compared to it's building costs.

Yeah, the Tren Interurbano Mexico - Toluca, this and the one from Buenavista are the only passenger lines in Mexico, i miss Porfirio Diaz and all his innovative infrastructure and economic reforms

Pic related

a new Siwa

happy times

Over a century and still under construction, spanish productivity at its finest

Lol, chapultepec must be a mess now with that and the CETRAM remodelation

>tfw no more capital fund

>implying murrsharts want to walk that much

Wew, how did they manage to fuck up so hard

Was supposed to be finished for the World Cup, then the Olympics, but it keeps getting pushed and now the estimate is 2018 for the second line, and 2020 for all four lines.

At least they finished the light rail tram.

i like the building name

Also you guys should check SkyscraperCity, they talk about literally everything related to infrastructure, governance, buildings, landscapes, transportation, etc.

skyscrapercity.com/

Yeah we have a few things. This one's almost done, it's for the 2017 water sports world cup

Museum of Transportation

it looks like ugly construction site fences build on top of each other

Museum of Ethnography

There is this building under construction that I find kind of neat
Yep, that site is very useful if you are interested on infrastructure.

House of Hungarian Music

SCMaglev aka Linear-motor train is planned linking Tokyo and Nagoya by 2027.
it records 581 km/h (361 mph).
>idk i will be alive in 2027

youtube.com/watch?v=nS6p97-lodc

M O N O R A I L

also new metro tunnel

it doesn't look impressive...

da fuk ?

but it actually is

biggest nuclear fusion reactor in the world

don't dismiss it, this tiny shit will eventually cost 20 fucking billons €

(estimated at 10 at the beginning of the project)

This shit is killing areva at a very "fast" rate, on top of making a joke of them in the face of the world.

These twin towers construction starts this year. 323 meters at the entrance of La Défense

It's a vanity project that gives a private tramline to the 16 000 people living in Laajasalo. It's real purpose is to bleed tax funds for an endless construction project like OT3 nuclear reactor and Länsimetro. Many people are going to get rich on public funds, I'd like a piece of that pie too but unfortunately I'm not in the Hyväveliverkosto.

Will be the biggest (single) lock in the world, so bigger ships can reach the port of Amsterdam again

>mfw the Belgians recently constructed the biggest lock in the world but we made ours just slightly bigger to claim that title again

Why not Rotterdam ?

This motherfucker has been under construction since I was a wee lad.

Rotterdam has no locks, just a straight connection to the North Sea

Amsterdam has locks on both sides so they can maintain their water level at the same height

I guess it's combination of Frenchies being too optimistic with their offer, Finns being very tight with the standards and using cheapest possible workforce who fucked up constantly.

there are many things wrong with this, for one thing it has a shitton of canal go through an area that is already navigable by sea or other canals (basically any portion east of the western tip of lake superior, also that little bit literally going through a fucking island in the middle of the ocean in the west) and another thing is that this would be completely fucking useless.

I googled it and he posted a pic of the Trans Canada Highway, kek

Skadar?

Salesforce Tower is currently under construction. When the building is complete in 2018 it will be the tallest building in San Francisco.

Any time estimates on completion?

That's in NYC lad, we walk plenty here.

The new Gotthard base tunnel, the world's longest and deepest, was finished this year on time and on budget. It's actually two tunnels, which will be used by both freight and civilian trains.

It was fun seeing all these EU heads of state come to the inauguration and act like they weren't jelly.

Where is the car lanes?

Here in Gothenburg they are building a new car tunnel right next to the old one, because fuck hippies.

Inside the tunnel