Teachers

How are teachers treated in your country? Biggest perks? Biggest downsides?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9y4Uaz11fQM
youtube.com/watch?v=6UP9xNdkDsE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

+The students are the only people here who do not respect them.

-Teaching requires a university-level degree and doesn't pay very well.

Pretty good especially when they teach in a Gymnasium, not so good when they teach in elementary schools or Hauptschule.

Most of them are public officials so they can't get fired easily.

>+The students are the only people here who do not respect them.

makes you think desu

Vi denove

I would love to teach a bunch of sexy Finnish qts.

Like shit, to the point they are striking all the time. The goverment is scum and the pupils are little bratty shits.

Same here

they retire earlier and in my province they are paid well above the national average

aside from that they have to deal with students

>teaching in a third world country
That was their first mistake.

Same here
Although there's a good bunch that didn't fall for the american rebel meme

hey probably don't regret their mistake since they live in the best part of this town

Mi ĉiam, karulo.

still a shitty place to live.

kiel vi?

sufiĉe bone. kion vi surhavas hodiaŭ nokte?

it's safer than the us

nu..ĉemizon kaj mallongan pantolonon

v-vi?

same here. only university teachers can have a somewhat respectful life (or if you teach in top high school, which are all private)

>esperantinstruisto
>en reala lernejo
Nur en miajn bonegajn esperojn :^(

+ You get to interact with students and provide a formative influence
- You're not really paid well; the younger your students the less you're paid

Kiel vi fartas min kompanaj esperantistoj?

>Kiel vi fartas miA

Fiksita

>Esperanta fadeno estiĝas
Ne sen mi, aĉuloj!

Kiu pretas por la semajnfino?

sal, kvf?

mi pretas sed mi feros preskaŭ nenion ĉi semajne

kaj vi?

>lernu en la rubulo
ejjj

Langue de merde

ĉu ĝi elrubiĝu nun, pro ĝia ĝisdatigo?

Kio bildo estas tre fikliniĝa

kiu*
nigger

Mi faros preskaŭ nenion ankaŭ, sed mi certe ĝojas pri pli da dormo.

F O R F I K I Ĝ U
O
R
F
I
K
I
Ĝ
U

ĉu ĝi tro mal/pol/as por vi?

Jes.
Kaj evildea ĝenas min

mi ankaŭ sed liaj videoj estas pli altkvalitaj ol la kutimaj esperantujaj """jutubistoj""". li estas preskaŭ la ununura bona jutubitso en nia ujo. mi esperas ke kiah faros kanalon iam, li ŝajnas esti iomete malpli ĝena

A V A N T - G A R D I S T E
V
A
N
T
|
G
A
R
D
I
S
T
E

Saluton al VI jen userĉjo VIA fekafiŝmajstro!

They're treated like shit, but lot of them are shit.
t. Teacher

>la ununura bona jutubisto en nia ujo

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9y4Uaz11fQM

Kaj se vi ne donas al mi (You)ojn, mi TROVOS vin, kaj perfortos vian anuson MUHUHEHUHEHUAHRH

Nu, mi ŝatas lin, sed li devas pliigi lian fithyfrankecon por esti vere granda

>Kiu pretas por la semajnfino?

Mi studas por mia ekonomian teston. ĝi estas tre malfacila.

Ho fek prenu ĉiom de miaj (Vi)ojn!

my shitty fish-master? what?

Ho ve. Bonŝancon por via ekzameno!

Esperanto looks like some easter european language

Dankon usonan amikon.

Fekafiŝmajstro - Fek • afiŝ • majstro - Shitposting master

li diris fek'afiŝ'majstro, user. afiŝ.

shitty fish master mdrigis min, tamen. bone memeita

bonan ŝancon

They're treated like special snowflakes instead of the parasites that they are.

They deserve it

Esperantistoj aŭ instruistoj?

What country should I go to to have a higher chance of student-teacher sex?

It's pretty much romance + slav, like if Romanian had a little brother born from a test tube

Nu verŝajne li respondas la OPon, mi kredas ke neniu vere sekvas nian apartan paroloadon ĉi tie...

parenteze, kiam vi eklernis esperanton, brazilfrat'?

apparently it's the same situation all over the world , huh

>students don't appreciate them
>shitty wages

Mi diras ke esperanto estas Latinida+Slava lingvaro+Ĝermana lingvaro kun iom balta.

High school teacher here, AMA.

We're treated quite well. AU$63k straight out of uni for a graduate teacher at a public school in my state. The vast majority of people realise what we do is important/tough/stressful/respectable but you get the occasional person who thinks
>fucken teachers are lazy maggots do nothing layabouts on holidays all the time they get paid way too much the cunts
Although I am on holidays right now. Feels good.

.>parenteze, kiam vi eklernis esperanton, brazilfrat'?

Iomete tri monatoj kun duolingo kaj lernu.net

nu vi jam parolas bone. bone farita amiko

ja mi samopinias.

Tips of any kind? Planning on becoming a teacher.

Primary or high school? Meaning elementary or secondary?

As for tips... don't pretend to be someone you're not, just have an air of professionalism because you're in the workplace. You can be friends with the students, but they're not your friends, they're your students, remember that and have that degree of separation. Make your work interesting so they don't want to complain about it (easier said than done). I'd have more advice but I don't know you so don't know if it's applicable.

Not sure what age group, I'm planning on being an English teacher for non-native speakers (most likely in Korea). I have worked at US schools before, with kids from age 4 to age 14 or so, but always in a helping position and never fully leading a group of 20+ kids every day.

I'm fairly autist so I imagine I would be seen as a nerd by most students, keeping control of the classroom seems like it would be difficult. I'm female and don't have a very commanding presence but I don't get nervous in leadership positions necessarily. Does that paint a picture for you?

they barely survive
wages are near the minimum
no one respects them
the students can google out all they want

Yeah it paints a picture. Not all teacher needs to be commanding/authoritative. I have a facilitative style rather than an authoritative one, so I can rather than tell, always explain why I want something done etc.

Like I said you can't hide who you are from the students so don't pretend to be someone you're not. For someone like you, you'll probably want to have a system in place, something like:
Step 1. Give clear expectations of the behaviour you expect in the classroom.
Step 2. Outline what will happen if they breach those expectations.
Step 3. Make clear what kind of warning/punishment system you have.
Idk, something along those lines. Play with it. But I've always thought autist teachers probably do better with a very clear system/structure to work with, rather than just rolling with the punches as I do (I'm not an autist). All teachers need to be clear with their expectations and consistent with rules, but I think having a system can work well for some people.

Also, don't take what the students to personally. Kids and teenagers are idiots. One day a teenager will hate you and call you a cunt and ask for a detention. The next, they'll love you again and apologise. Once they hit 16~ or so they generally calm down a lot.

>I have a facilitative style rather than an authoritative one, so I can rather than tell
so I ask* rather than tell**

Thanks user, I will take all of that into consideration. I think the clear expectations system will work well for me. I'm sure experience is probably what is going to help me form my approach the most.

Yeah, experience is the biggest indicator of what works and what doesn't. I've had my job for a year now and I'm still learning and deciding and playing with what works best for me. I've been told that "After 3 years, you'll be the teacher you're gunna be for the rest of your life".

>One day a teenager will hate you and call you a cunt and ask for a detention
I always disliked kids like that. They usually wanted good grades but were too lazy and blamed everyone else.

Hej, ĉu miaj samideanoj ankoraŭ ĉeestas?

jen ĉi tio, mi ĵus trovis ĝin: youtube.com/watch?v=6UP9xNdkDsE

ĉu iu el vi jam spektis ĉi filmeton?