The episode received a mixed reception in Australia...

>The episode received a mixed reception in Australia, with some Australian fans saying the episode was a mockery of their country. Shortly after it had aired, the Simpsons staff received over 100 letters from Australians who were insulted by the episode. They also received letters from people complaining about the Australian accents used in the episode that "sounded more like South African accents". The Simpsons writer and producer Mike Reiss claimed that this episode is Australia's least favorite, and that "whenever we have the Simpsons visit another country, that country gets furious, including Australia". He claimed that they were "condemned in the Australian Parliament after the episode had aired".

Yes, we saw the parliament part on the episode itself

>over 100 letters
wow, that's like half Australia's literate population there

le can't le handle le banter xD

fucking GOAT episode

seriously everyone where loves it

>years later traumatized Australians, now adults, took refuge in mongolian cave painting forums to channel their butthurt

Brazilian episode was funnier and more offensive, although more realistic. As far as I know, it caused more butthurt.

my parents hated the simspons I wasn't allowed to watch it

top parents

Meanwhile Mexico has rightly been portrayed as the happiest place on earth

>over 100 letters from Australians who were insulted by the episode
>the rest of the population is too busy playing knifey spooney to care

My parents loved it but mum still didn't want us to watch it. It was funny, we'd have it on and she'd come stand behind us telling us to turn it off but then she'd start watching and laughing and trying to hide it.

They did draw the line at South Park though.

What one? Rio or Sao Paulo?

Kek

Can't remember but it's where Homer gets kidnapped while Lisa visits her penpal. It caused maximum butthurt

The Rio one? Actually it was hilarious as fuck.

Except one thing, Amazonas is fucking far away from east coast.

So it's true, Australians can only dish out bantz but not take it?

I watched this. Too many Spanish accents and spic stereotypes. The rest is funny.

>On April 6, 2002, it was reported by the Brazilian media that Riotur, the tourist board of Rio de Janeiro, was planning on suing Fox for damaging the international image of the city

now that's assblast

AAAAAAJ

>inb4 the "una vela" thing

>that episode
>good

>liking zombie simpsons
>ever

fuck off pleb

>ReferenciasCanada.png

CHI

fuck the simpsons

Yeah, The Simpsons is comparatively tame compared to Family Guy, or for an actually funny TV show as you said South Park.

Those shows wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the Simpsons tho, they may look tame now but back when they got started it was downright controversial