How do I befriend my Japanese roommate? He's honestly the most respectful person I've ever met...

How do I befriend my Japanese roommate? He's honestly the most respectful person I've ever met, but the language barrier is real. Any big cultural norms I should look for?

Japs are comfortable only with stereotypes and conforming to expectations. You have to act like the biggest (japanese) stereotype of an american as you can.

Talk very loudly and aggressively, slap his back and laugh at your own jokes, start wearing american flags whenever possible, never take off your shoes, be tall and dye your hair blond, etc.

It is also essential that you make no effort whatsoever to try to speak japanese, you are an american in america you should speak american and so should he.

LONDON
O O
N D
D N
O O
NODNOL

Been doing all this naturally (other than being tall ;_;)

Fuck him in the ass

Is his English really that bad?
Is he an exchange student?
I think if you ask him to take to some tourist places, or somewhere he can experience the American culture (BBQ, parties etc), he would love it.

>american culture
>american
>culture
Wew too much stuff to process here

God knows he's trying. He is actively learning English and has made progress since the semester started (about a month ago). Yes he is an exchange student. Where should I take him?

where do you live?

If we don't have culture then you stupid faggots sure as shit don't have any either

Tennessee

Watch anime without subtitle. Start with boku no pico and then black bible.

Just be friendly. Japs really like crude humor, so throw a couple Hiroshima jokes here and there, he'll love it. Don't forget to mention Pearl Harbor whenever possible.

>tfw he answered unironically
Btw we have culture criss de tbk

Japanese tend to be self conscious around foreigners when they can't speak their language well. It can be unnerving trying to interact with people when you can barely understand them. The best way to melt the ice is to go out and have a good time by doing something that doesn't require a lot of talking.

In Japan students and coworkers are always a part of some group, they do stuff together to bond. A club has activities together, coworkers go drinking together, etc. See if you can go out for a night on the town with him, he'll probably love it. You can't find out about his interests in any great detail as long as you can't talk to him clearly, so go for something you don't need words to enjoy.

lure him with some burgers, steaks, pies and cakes

its called 餌付け in japanese that is the most traditional way to befriend one

This is good advice user

Like butt sex.

I don't even know how to befriend my Finnish roommate and I'm Finnish too

I can't even guess his personality just simply due to my being Japanese.
moreover,it doesn't interest me all.
use your own brain.

Good job on looking like a dumbass I guess

He made me pancakes the first morning after we moved in. He's pretty based

Fuck you then I guess

Take him to an Asian supermarket or something if there is any.
He would appreciate it for sure.

are you american or another international student in there

You must have pounded his prostate pretty good then

I was born and raised here in Tennessee

Also, he never turns the lights off in the dorm until I get here. Sometimes I have some late nights in the library, coming home at 1 or 2 am. He will be asleep, but with the lights still on. Is this a cultural thing, or just him?

Ask him if he wants a night light.

ask him
more talk more friendly

I literally LITERALLY keked so loud my parents woke up xD!

Get him drunk.

Took 31 posts to see this, the most elegant and obvious answer.

>Be OP
>Be on 4chin Japoonese image board
>Don't speak Japanese

Why don't use watch more animes and improve your moonspeak

>tennessee

lmao.. um.. walmart maybe?

dont japs get crazy after sake?

generally speaking Japanese persons have heavily passive mind, and NEVER show their real feelings but they won't refuse unless they really get pissed off. so, just talk to him and invite him in the meantime till he starts to look bored.

to be fair, Japanese are flavorless and boring.

you should show naked in your room 2bh

>google Tennesee
>go to wiki
>find this
> In the 20th century, Tennessee transitioned from an agrarian economy to a more diversified economy, aided by massive federal investment in the Tennessee Valley Authority and, in the early 1940s, the city of Oak Ridge. This city was established to house the Manhattan Project's uranium enrichment facilities, helping to build the world's first atomic bomb, which was used during World War II.

What ever you do, don't take him to a nuke museum or something!

Juokaa viinaa

feed him soul food

Anime?

You can't make this shit up

keep the microwave door open so he feels like home

instead trying to force him to learn english, how about you get to know a couple japanese words first, you yankee?