So I just got back from a few day business trip to Eastern Germany(mostly Berlin)

So I just got back from a few day business trip to Eastern Germany(mostly Berlin).

Due to that I got a question. Are Germans proud from their capital?

Memes aside Berlin seemed like a worse, more dirty version of Warsaw(and Warsaw is considered quite shit in Poland).

I liked how most people in Berlin are open and friendly, that's a huge plus. The citty communication is pretty good as well I need to admit.

On the other hand the city is:
- so DIRTY, fuck me it's trash on even the main streets, cig buds everywhere, every second buidling is painted with spray, every lamp post, traffic light has some shitty stickers on it
- people drive on red lights(both bikes and cars) like insane;
- there's a little amount pedestrian crossings;
- the city dosn't feel safe, I even had a situation that someone wa shouting something in German and about allah at Ostbahnhof to the extend that peopel started sprinting away from the tunnel entrace where the shouting was;
- you can't pay with credit cards in half of the restaurants/shops which resulted in me having to go to the cash machines to pay for a restaurant..

On the other hand the cars are the same, people look more "hipsterish", a lot of buldings that survived the war are similar to my city. Berlin could as well be a shitty city in Poland but with(for some reason) a large amount of people from other races.

When I was in Frankfurt or Munich I could see it's richer than Poland, but Berlin(and a big part of Eastern Germany) is just dirtier version of our country.

How do Western Germans cope with such a crappy city being their capital?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1mYqY5YELd0
google.de/search?q=berlin failed state
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berliner_Küche
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I forgot to add.

The food is very overrated. I had some good food in a potato restaurant(sausages + fried potatos with spices + fried sauerkraut) but other than that it's quite awful.

Main dish costs like 12-20 euros + 5-10 euro for a soup and 4-8 euro for a beer in the restaurants I've been to(probably tourist traps).

Bump

My dad was once in East Germany and told us that it's a shithole like the balkans.

Well, for example, Frankfurt am Main and Berlin feel like diferent countries.

>Are Germans proud from their capital?
No, Berlin is regarded one of the worst shitholes of the country. It's poor, filled with Sandniggers and generally an eyesore that should be burned to the ground.

Berlin is GOAT
Fuck off

What's so goat about it?

I really wanna know your opinion and experience, because it looks that mine is totally different.

youtube.com/watch?v=1mYqY5YELd0

Well it's not filled, I'd say 1 in 15 was a arab/turk and 1 in 100 a black person.

I also saw 2 "refugees" to tried to sneak into a business metting at a restaurant that I was in, the tried to go through a back door where everyone went to smoke but the security saw them and stood near the door so they fucked off.

>Are Germans proud from their capital?

Well I was curious.

The young people seemed to like Berlin and I saw a lot of young "hipster-like" young people there(a very small amount of kids though, was strange).

German anons on this site won't admit it and pretend like the whole country hates Berlin, but the truth is that most people like the city
Especially the youth who moves to Berlin to study there
It's leftist, it's hip and "different" (dirty and shitty) in comparison to smaller towns

Fell I could feel some "climate" of the city.

If anyone would ask what does it mean I wouldn't be able to answer, I'd say just go there and see for yourself. It seems a bit lighthearted and chill and it's a strange mix of people in suits(like me) and hipsters.

>Especially the youth who moves to Berlin to study there

only cocksuckers and other degenerates do this

I was in Berlin last year and had same experience only with more turks. Do not envy the Germans their capital

Ja halt doch deine Fresse Ronny

It seems also Berlin attracts a lot of homeless people and nuts.

When I ate at a restaurant near a channel in the town center near the electrical train station there was some homeless guy with a shopping cart full of things that went to all the restaurants and shouted anti american stuff in German, Italian and Spanish(he had a Italian flag on his clothes tho) and he blocked all the traffic and called the waiters that wanted to stop him nazis.

It was quite the spectacle.

>Berlin
I could have warned you. Nobody likes Berlin, besides hippies and turks.

>Nobody likes Berlin, besides hippies and turks.
So.. basically your entire country?

that's the sad truth, the only good thing about the city is that there are quite a lot of start-ups there, it's one of the most innovative cities in Europe, but other than that it sucks

>there are quite a lot of start-ups there,
Does that mean that Berlin will someday become economically viable by itself or is it just the money-burning kind startups?

not the other dude.
but I haven't heared of anything revolutionary coming from Berlin compared to silicon valley

wtf I hate Berlin now

Make Berlin great again!!!!!

It's a mainstream opinion to consider Berlin a failed state:
google.de/search?q=berlin failed state

That's not food that is common in Berlin, so it's no miracle it wasn't great
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berliner_Küche

Depends on the disrict you're in. Kreuzberg, Neukölln and Moabit a generaly pretty dirty, yes.
The rest ist pretty clean, especially the western outter parts like Steglitz, Charlottenburg and a few others.

forgot to mention Zehlendorf

>Charlottenburg
Was dirty. So was westkreutz for example. Ostbahnhof surroundings were apocaliptical.

I really wanted to like Berlin, because it was a bit like my city(if you take the trash away and make it larger, plus add a old town and a castle) but in the end I couldn't. Not that I disliked it as well, it was just so-so.

I didn't want currywurst because I dont like it and kebab is not a german dish. Before orderimg I always said I want german food and beer, not some importerd or americanized bs.

>currywurst
Racist

Berlin is great imo

Berlin was to long under the control of the SPD and the Linke, they mismanaged so bad that the city is literally bankrupt.

It's going to be worse because the new elected coalition consists of the Linke, SPD and the Green Party

lmao.
Ostbahnhof aint Charlottenburg, Mariusz

>a city full of degenerate white youth
were do I sign up?

your dad is a faggot

Warsaw is a post commie shothole that was reked by war as well but it looks better. Looks like your berliner leftists are worse than our warsovians, and it's says a lot(yes, warsovians are that shit).

haha germans do NOT understand financial tech
very funny
swear they haven't got chip and pin yet

>Frankfurt am Main
For some reason many Germans I know don't like this city.

I know and I know what I wrote.

For example when I was going out of the city train at I think alexanderplatz(it's the one near the channel that you can see restaurantsalong the channel from it) I had to cross under the bridge. It was super dirty, there were homeless playing music from a radio and begging, not to mention it was stinking as hell.
The restaurants were pretty ok, but if you'd come to my city I'd show you food germanfriend.

It seemed VERY VERY multicultural and super rich. Just on a totally different level than Berlin.

stop this meme that Berlin is shit.
it's post-commie for sure, but it offers activities and opportunities like nowhere else in EU.
It's full of young people, rent is cheap,
at every fucking hour of the day and night there is a party, a concert, something to see or do.

>at every fucking hour of the day and night there is a party, a concert, something to see or do.
Yes. That's the climate part I wrote about. It's hard to describe, very chill but you also get, for example german bydlos that want to ram you with their shoulder if they hear you speaking Polish on the cellphone in front of a hotel(very proper one I add) and they're just passing by.

Yeah, the place is Anlegestelle Friedrichstraße / Reichstagufer, where I ate often.

So I got the station right.

I don't get what you are talking about.
If you have no interest whatsoever every place will be shit.
If you like clubbing or just hanging out in Berlin the choice is infinite.
I went to Warsaw years ago, there was one discotheque, 80s style, they checked people with metal detector at the entrance, it was like a war zone

Oh come on. Most of the major cities of the world are dirty shitholes. London and Paris come to mind as european examples. Just saying hahaha its just a shit version of Warsaw is just dishonest. The economic heart of germany is elswhere, Berlin is the cultural heart. Best (Electronic-)Club culture in the world. Food,museums, Art shit like that. This always leads to a city beeing a leftist breeding ground but so what?

Rome isn't a shithole. I love Rome I visit often, Amsterdam is a shithole only in memes, Prague isn't a shithole, there's a lot of examples.

Like I wrote(although I don't think that everyone read it) I didn't dislike Berlin and I really wanted to like it, but it was so-so.

Pic is a crazy guy that interrupted everyones eating and shouted in French, Spanish, Italian and German that America is rulled by the devil and needs to be destroyed and when a waiter tried to stop him he yelled "sut the fuck up nazi".

*shut

it's fame of being an alternative/hipster city is also due to the fact that guys there didn't have to do military service, so hippies from all over germany went there

Amsterdam is very much a shithole. What are you on about? I wasn't in Rome personally but most people tell me Rome is dirty as shit and the City is completely broke and overpriced.

We can always selectively cherry pic but just because you have a few crazy dudes yelling (normal for a metropolis) isn't a criterium for a Bad city.

I didn't mean it like "the dude was crazy berlin is shit". I just wanted to add that because it was funny.

And Rome is great, don't let the memes fool you.

Ditto with London.

that warsaw disco was a nightmare, there were only muscled guys full of steroids, they only wanted to start a fight whenever they got touched by mistake

desu it depends where you go

Well... Berlin fucking sucks most of the time.
As you said: it is dirty, full of trash (also human trash) and run down.
One of the reasons (that many don't know) it got so bad is that it had special status back in the cold war because everyone living there (western part) did not have to go to the army. So many, many young leftist faggots moved there in that time. They voted for faggots and attracked more faggots. That was pretty much the beginning of its ruin.

But well, I do like to go there every 1-2 years for a weekend for the cultural stuff (they do have great museums etc.) and to party.

But the east is usually a giant shit hole

Dresden,Leipzig, Potsdam,Rostock,Erfurt,Madgeburg,Schwerin are all better than 90% of the west german cities i went to.

Are they? I want to visit Germany as a tourist now, but purely tourist destinations.

I actually never been to Germany as a tourist, all the surrounding countries - sure, but not Germany.

Well the centre of Dresden is pretty much THE tourist destination of Germany. They are still rebuilding it however. Potsdam is basically the Chelsea of Berlin but with way more historical sights. The Harz and Ore Mountains are only second to the alps when it comes to mountain ranges in Germany. Saxony-Anhalt (my home state) may be the least known state of Germany, however it has 5 Unesco world heritage sites (the same amount as Bavaria). Also the East German cities are way less islamized unlike many western cities.