Did your parents buy you a knife when you were a kid?

did your parents buy you a knife when you were a kid?
pic related it's "child's first knife"
>tfw cousin got a shitty rounded point and I got a proper one

Other urls found in this thread:

fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visakoivu),
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mora_knife
youtube.com/watch?v=ds-GFnOPdJk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

arab tier

I respect your repeating digits but this statement is a lie

had one hand made

man i fucking love puukkos, i have one in my house, one of the best knife i've ever had

The people bying knives to kids are the people who do not have knives of all sizes laying around and being used= city people. Normal people just have knives which the kids use too.

I have my great grandfathers hand carved knives, is it a scandi thing to get knives?

Yes, a fucking rambo knife and it sliced the top of my knuckle
5 stitches at 11.
Lost my black widow too
I couldn't be trusted apparently..
I was stupid.

Finland is not scandinavia but to answer your question it very finnish to own knives.

carbon or stainless?
Id rather care for a carbon blade than sharpen a kitchen knife

Which you would use in the wilderness of the modern england? OR wot? The only thing you'd need a knife for is stabbing yourself seeing the state the place you live in is. Unless you are an outskirts scot or some genarally relatable type of person.

It's a Finnish drunken stabbings thing

your first own knife is different though. you can put it on your belt and take it everywhere and you're responsible for sharpening it and cleaning it.
yeah I still use the one I got 15+ years ago if I need to make a quick cut or a small notch or something

I was given a Swiss Army knife as a kid because I was a good Cub Scout and a defender of the Protestant Faith

No, we are not bloodthirsty warmongering savages

I don't really listen to the void and culturally tainted opionions of southern finns larping knife culture. If you were born and raised somewhere under the artic circle your opinions on knives or much else don't really count for shit. Keep on sharpening the meme culture knive you've got maybe it will make you a man eventually. (this I doubt)

Why so mad Ahmed?

>how to spot an overcompensating numale
did the government aid for your failing farm come in yet? I know you rely on it to make a "profit"

Yes
Lots of kids here have an Opinel as their first knife

Haven't been farming, mostly making kill. Like a ton of bucks. Something you would know very little about I suppose. But the fact stands that you kiddos would not know a knife even if it came stabbing at your lungs. Non-cultural entities make me sick. You are the true product of globalization.

My father gave me this when I was 9 or 10. I used to bring it with me every time I went to walk to the countryside.

Yep, they got me a Buck knife when I was about 10.

Would say (at least for our generation raised by baby boomer cucks) it was the job for the grandparents.
I at least got mine from my grandfather.

ЫЫЫЫ...Блэээт. I always knows - ainns are was the buryats

Jonne

Keep on believing that's what the serfs do. " A better day will come!"

Visakoivu is best for knives(fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visakoivu), with a little reindeer antler and skin as we must get back to the subject eventually.

Let me guess.
You're under 170cm.
Your dad works a manly profession like a lumberjack or a fisherman or something.
You were always scrawny and weak and possibly blamed it on some "illness" you were diagnosed with but it didn't help.
You never understood why your father didn't like you.
Your mommy felt bad for you though and got you a laptop so you can grow up to be a smart boy and make your family proud!
You did and even got into a university but as soon as you arrived in the city you got anxious.
Panic attacks from all the people and your inferiority complex. People more social than you, more handsome than you, more succesfull than you. You felt exposed and wanted home.
Now you're back living with your mommy and using that laptop she gave you to post on a taiwanese finger painting forum about how city folk are dumb meanies and they're not real men like you. And your dad still won't talk to you more than one word at a time.

Close?

йэc хэллoy диc иc Бypяaд

I take an Opinel with me for mushroom hunting. It's also good for handling fish, I've made perch fillets in the woods with one.

I got one too
It wasn't as fancy but it had my name on it, my grandpa gifted it to me

Nyt menee niin ohi että mettässä käy rutina.

So not really close at all. I lived the life you wilderness larpers worship already as a child so now I've just become indifferent.

Quick reality check. Just because kids like playing with knives that doesn't mean they "worship" your shitty life lmao.

Doesn't mean they do but you do.

Nyt taitaa kalikka kalahtaa.

just make out already you huge faggots lmao

Ei osumia, hyttyset on perseestä enkä tahdo asua yli 50 metrin päässä kaupasta joka on 24h auki.

one like this
if you don't work with knives, having a knife is pointless

Enpä oikeastaan itekkään siksikin tuli aikoinaan muualle muutettua.

Liking something is different than living something. Really a mora is mostly all the knive you need but its not the culture.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mora_knife

I only need a keyboard to work but use a knife all the time to open packages and stuff. And for those 3 days a year that it's nice to spend in the country side before realizing why people are migrating to cities it's useful.

Yep. Pretty much true for computers as well. If you don't work with them, having one is pointless.

Yeh when I was really young, it was like a family heirloom or something
but I really liked it and one day when we were going on holiday and packed in my bag before going on the plane (obviously not knowing the rules about that)

I wasnt allowed to have the knife after that

My grandfather gave me this one, thank you grandpa

It CAN be culturally significant but ultimately pointless. NIHILISTS WILL RULE THE WORLD: all heil the capita edition:

youtube.com/watch?v=ds-GFnOPdJk

Can relate
My dad even made the top round so I wouldn't hunt myself. Was cool to pick mushrooms desu

I think they make round top knives know especially for kids
My dad gave me proper one from the start but I already had a Laguiole for years so he knew I was careful

My first knife was a scout knife, since I was a scout when I was a kid. It looked something like this, very similar in style. Unfortunately it got pretty rusty since I didn't think/know that much about taking care of knives.

I have one too. It's still the only wine bottle opener I own.

Yea, a whole bunch, it's typical for Bulgaria.

My dad got me a small swiss army knife when he felt I was ild enough to own one. Lost it 3 months later.
Same happened with my little sister, but not before she stabbed me in the hand and cut her finger.

Not as a kid, but my dad got me a Swiss Army Knife when I turned 18

my dad says he remembers his dad buying him one of these when they went on holiday to France

do you still have it?
it's pretty easy to remove rust from a knife

My first was a swiss army knock-off from a hardware store when I was about 5-6. I abused it horribly and accidentally cut myself several times, but that's what $2 hardware store knives are for.

grandfather made me a puukko, the other grandfather took me to the woods and taught me how to work with it without cutting my arms off

Yeah they are good knives to start, the locking ring is mandatory for a kid knife, and the wooden handle gives it an "authentic" look. And overall the knife is resistant
I accidentally fucked one up by letting it in water a whole night, I forgot it in the sink and the swollen wood twisted the locking ring leaving it useless

Yes, I got a Swiss army knife when I was young, then upgraded to a framelock folder, later to an axis lock benchmade and leatherman.

I probably got rid of it, but I have enough of new knives now that it's not necessary to salvage some old, el cheapo knife.

Yes, actually. Lots of them.

This knife I got for my 12th birthday.

nettivinked for stolen rk

it's weird to think about it, but i've been carrying this in my pocket for over 20 years

Look at the lack of middle notch there.

ive had a knife since as long as I can remember as well as well as a .22 long rifle and a 20 gauge shotgun since I was 10

Yes, a swiss army knife. Can't remember when exactly; sometime during primary school. My father and I have a tradition of buying knives or multitools for birthday, now.

I buyed mine.
R8 guys

I wish we were allowed to carry our traditional knives, but it's illegal now.

>did your parents buy you a knife when you were a kid?
Yeah, got first puukko at the age of 6 I think. It had my name carved on the blade and all. I had it for a year or two after which, like dumbfuck I was, I tried using it as crowbar of sorts and the blade snapped.

do it anyway fight the power

I always had knives, but I was given a .410 shotgun at 11. Does that count?

Morakniv
>tfw Dalakarl