Let's discuss keyboard layouts

Let's discuss keyboard layouts

>What keyboard layouts are in use in your cuntry?
>Do you like yours?

Here in Chile we use two, the most common is the Latin American layout, and sometimes you can find keyboards with the Spanish layout, which is shitty and annoying, since the accents are activated with a different key and has this [Ç] key that always gets in the way. US keyboards are uncommon but sometimes you find them in higher end laptops brought from the US. This is by far the worst layout layout, confusing, tiny Enter key and no [Ñ].

I like the Latin American layout very much, all the symbols for programming are easily accessible and it has a dedicated meme arrow key.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dvorak_Simplified_Keyboard
microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22339
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I use this.

what the fuck is that

AZERTY
Z
E
R
T
Y

the master race

&é"'(-è_çà)=

I have Qwertz but we have Qwerty normally

The master race - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dvorak_Simplified_Keyboard

We use this layout. Its okay I guess.

Just want to shout out a thank you and a dankon to the Israel user who suggested I use English international keyboard last time we had a thread like this, my life is easier now

MAITRE COURSE

>He doesn't rate Ç

We use a similar one with just a couple changes.

The { } [ ] not having their own dedicated keys sucks for programming, and even the ( ) are shifted one from the English keyboard, so it's even weirder to make the switch.

There are bigger problems in the world, though.

Everything outside of ASCII is degeneracy.

There's no ç key in the Spains keyboard. At most you get something like pic related, because cucked catalans must remained cucked. And some don't even have it at all.

A keyboard configuration like yours is also normal here.

Why would you do that to yourself...

Because it's more efficient than QWERTY for me.

Also if your keyboard are very specific, there is another option for you - make your own layout
microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22339

Tell me stp how to type symbols with circonflexe and tréma with this layout? And how to type CAPITAL letters with accents?

How come we are closer to Finland than Spain on this?

Are we really Nordic after all? I can't fucking keep track.

ateo

The only correct option to be honest with you brethren. Disregard đ and ć, though.

I read that this layout is bad for French speakers, its dated, slow, and terrible.

Any truth to this?

hmm
seems bretty good I must say

Autism

Autocorrector or alt144 -> É

I don't think the finns have the ç though.

Yeah. But the {]}[() stuff is in the same place, which is how I compare keyboards.

qwerty and bulgarian phonetic
явepтъyиoпшщ
acдфгхйключ
зьцжбнм

We use a QWERTY keyboard that's similar to what Americans use, though there are a few differences (some of the symbols are swapped around for some reason, plus we have an extra key).

I have no strong opinion on it. I'm used to it and it works fine.

йцyкeн

I want to buy a new

Do you use kana or romaji input when typing Japanese? What about most people?

Latin Keyboard >>> shit >>> Spanish Keyboard
Seriously, fuck that keyboard. I still use Latin style with Spanish printed keys.

Azerty, qwertz, and all those stupid variations and stupid.

American is good, maybe better than Latin.

Mobile Edition: anihortes = god

romaji input desu.
hiragana,katakana, are few users.

>y and z reversed
triggered 2bh

Fun fact: QWERTY is deliberately inefficient because back in the late 19th century anyone who typed too fast was bound to jam the keys on the typewriter. When typewriters were being phased out in favor of computers the layout was carried over, with the exception that the cent sign was replaced with the caret, at least in the US.

Similar to your but we just added dedicated keys to []

I'd say it's similar to the American one and you added the Ç instead - look at the shift+numbers, for example. The ? and _ switched as well, and the ( ) one key to the side. It's almost all american.

That said I would seriously consider buying a Brazilian keyboard, if only for the fact that I can't get a laptop like that here easily. You guys made the right decision.

I do translation work for NASSS, a Serbian Studies organization. I constantly have to switch back and forth between cyrillic, latin serb, and english layouts on my keyboard.

The fact that the z and y are reversed slows my workflow down by at least half. along with the fact that the fucking apostrophes and parenthesis are so irreparably fucked. I absolutely hate it. Good part is you get a lot of pinky practice by hitting the ćčđ kezs

holy mother of fuck I meant "keys" do you see what I am talking about ffs

>kezs
Unintentional banter; I like it. Also, Rockville's flag reminds me of Friesland's.

>JUST: the keyboard

I like it.

Nice. I can't see anything obviously wrong with it.

Why nobody qwertz?

all our flags are fucking retarded fever-dream patterns

At least Maryland's, as chaotic as it is, has some semblance to Lord Baltimore's arms.

and how do you type stuff in hebrew?