What do French people think about the spread of English language?

A couple of hundreds years ago French language was at the position

I'm sure they're proud that the language of their most successful colony dominates the world.

Wow
I love your way of thinking

Another shit thread made in lemon faces.

>lemon
Ummm sweet expression

>tfw not sure if our most successful colony is the UK or the US.

English is a shitty language only worthy of being a trade language, german russian and french are languages of scientists, thinkers, poets.

Debile

Va sucer des queues anglo-américaines le soumis

mon pénis est le plus dur

I don't really give a shit about English being used in the world. I do however hate unnecessary use of English words in French language, or shitty English to retarded English translations (for example The Hangover's French title is Very Bad Trip, because English sells but French people are too retarded to keep the same title)

French was never the universal language like American is now.
However, it was the language of the elite all around Europe and many other countries, in culture, diplomacy and in the courts. And it is now getting back this role : just look at all the American elites in NYC who put their children in the French High-school of New York.

In a way, French is the international language of the cultured elite (and has been for a long time) while American English is the international language of merchants and the pleb.

I would have prefered to be mutilated learning French rather than English desu.

Mutilated ?

Show pénis

First i wrote "forced", but this wasn't harsh and evil enough to emphesize the the child abuse done to me in school with english.
So I wrote "abuse" but this also wasn't strong enough.
Mutilated, mutilated in my young innocent brain.

I see. I haven't really learnt anything from school language-wise. I enjoyed the courses though, but only because they were easy to me.

SOMEONE ANSWER MY BAIT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

franse a shit

nobody cares. french wasn't in that position because it only concerned the elites, the pleb population didn't learn foreign language

Well, who gives a fuck ?

I miss that Irish poster who always made threads about the language of the elite

In fact I'm going to make one right now, thank you based Cred Forums archive

Im pretty mad Id rather speak only French and never touched this filthy creole they call english. Instead im cucked into following English classes until 18 years old, being taught by disgusting Angloboos and Ameriboos that completely denied their heritage and their first language. It made me want to shoot up my school from my early teenage years up until today.