What do you think about the Japanese dish seriously?

What do you think about the Japanese dish seriously?

In Japan, many mass media explain that the Japanese dish is more popular than French and Italian dishes in the world.
Besides, Japanese TV shows said that the Japanese dish is tasty and healthy.
But, I know that many Japanese people tend to eat Chinese dish and American hamburger than Japanese food as I live in Tokyo.
Because Japanese dish doesn't have enough amount of food,
many young people in Japan like eating a large amount of Chinese and western food.
I definitely think that Japanese dish is not better than Italian and French dish.

It's very delicious but expensive for so little food

>In Japan, many mass media explain that the Japanese dish is more popular than French and Italian dishes in the world.
i've never heard of that though
which japan are you from?

It's pretty damn good, not gonna lie. The downsides are it's expensive and a it's huge pain in the ass to make yourself.

Also korean has less carbs so i often go for that instead

There is a japanese restaurant in every corner in my city. My street alone has 3 and it isn't so long.

Sushi is popular and well-loved all over the world.

A typical american would not be able to tell the difference between Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Thai food (we have a lot of thai returants now) outside of a few signature dishes like kimchi and sushi.

I used to eat at Dennys a lot when I was in Saitama. It's a good mix of western and Japanese styles for an affordable price.

We dont have traditionnal Japanese dishes. When french think about japanese food is sushi, yakitori, tempura, ramen and okonomoyaki.

It's hard to get Japanese food that isn't ramen or sushi where I live. I buy ingredients online and try to make some myself. I bought joshinko and siratamako online and made dango yesterday. I also have some mugi candy.

Both traditional and modern Japanese cuisine have some delicious dishes. The same goes for peasant dishes, street food and kaiseki works of art.
I guess a lot of people just think of sushi and sashimi when someone mentions Japanese food. I like Jap cuisine a lot but find most sushi a bit uninspired. Perhaps I might change my mind if I try some made by some famous sushi master, though.
I like the idea of using foraged ingredients. I pick wild herbs and mushrooms whenever they're in season and often prepare them Japanese-style. There's a place in the woods where I find matsutake every year and the Japanese have the best ways to prepare it.

>In Japan, many mass media explain that the Japanese dish is more popular than French and Italian dishes in the world.
Most people just eat sushi and weebs eat ramen too.
Recently I've seen people selling onigiris or whatever they're called (The rice ball with nori) though.
I've never tried something japanese outside of sushi.

Japanese food is okay, but in the long run what tasted "subtle" at first kinda becomes "bland".

Here it's full of those all you can eat restaurants, most of them owned by Chinese btw.
Guys go there only because is "cheap" (as in, you can stuff your stomach for a decent cost), girls because it's trendy.

how's it going Eskibro

Why are Japanese posters always so terrible at English? It's like you're trying to fit a stereotype.

I went into a Japanese restaurant couple of weeks ago and I ordered "Nakisoba". The food was good but expensive.

Japanese food is an experience to eat intricate and little foods, like fish and sushis
It's usually considered high tier, but I don't think most people eat it ALL the time. for that kind of cuisine, look elsewhere.

Take the most disparate european languages and they still have 1000 times more common ground then english and japanese. It's like learning an alien language.

fine

Forgive him please. He seems to have tried to directly translate Japanese sentences he caught up with into English ones. generally Japanese kids can't understand that such means to translate like this end up to go fail.

>many Japanese media say the Japanese dish is more popular than French and Italian dishes

Hahaha, Gaijin-san, how is your trip in Japan?