Having small talk with strangers

>having small talk with strangers

So this happens only in the American movies, right?

You can't be serious here.

Happens here too.
I even do it sometimes if I'm in a good mood and have something to say even though I'm a turbo NEET.

Yeah it's fun

What's wrong with smalltalk

whats up dude ok cool bye

>this thread again
If you don't like it, don't come here ffs. Problem solved.

Sometimes if you click with a random person, you can get a free beer or something. Nothing wrong with small talk.

You're right. It makes more sense to be a lonely autist until I inevitably commit suicide to end the torture that is being physically surrounded by, but socially isolated from other humans. Let's all do things the Nordic way.

Is the rest of the world really this autistic?

>walk on the street
>sharter asks how you are
Jesus christ how horrifying

>happiness is wrong

ok.

No, sometimes i shoot the shit with a deaf and mute guy

I'm glad this isn't a thing in my country because people would probably think I'm a douche for not wanting to talk to people that I don't know.

Just Scandinavia.

And NYC. If a stranger talks to you there, get away. They're trying to steal your kidneys.

having smalltalk is great because it passes time

unless you're listening to music or something

This isn't a meme, it happens here all the fucking time unless you're not white or autistic.

I don't know why we always have this thread.

Also
>being naked with your friends is totally normal!! HOW DARE YOU think looking at your schoolmates hot body is sexual? check ur privealge! XDD
>omg did that man just ask how I'm doing??
what the fuck is wrong with nordicks?

I remember long ago an American here on Cred Forums was claiming it's normal to nod at people you pass on the streets.

I think it's satire

I can't imagine anyone actually finds small talk weird. I'm sure even severely autistic people can understand why people make small talk. It's not hard

>it's normal to nod at people you pass on the streets.
That's true for most rural areas. A wave is common, too.

t. born in Amish country

Talking is more intimate than being naked

I think it's just that all nords here are actual autists. Swedes are really really friendly irl, which is why I have a hard time believing half the stuff they say here.

How do you meet new people if you don't talk to strangers?

This, Not a NEET

But on occasion I talk to strangers

I think it is better for all of us to get to know each other even in light conversation. you just can't go through life being quite and only talking to people you know,

I can't grasp how their society functions.

Must be depressing as fuck to not speak to anyone if it's even true

It's so fun talking to new people

>all these extrovert chads ITT
It's not just nordics
I'm not gonna talk to some random fuck I meet on the train

Sweded =/= drunk swedes

Try to make small talk and smile to someone in Russia, they will send you to a mental asylum

I'M SO LONELY

>Russia
>a model for all societies
Yeah, they also seem really happy.

I've lived with these people for years and they were extremely outgoing. Incredibly good looking people too. About 50 altogether so not even a small sample size.

They've never said that Sweden is that autistic. Apparently, calling strangers is a thing there, let alone talking to them.

yeah I know. I've been feeling kinda lonely so I went to the mall just to chit chat with randoms. Was pretty nice.

I actually went to eastern europe once and thought they were the coldest people on earth holy shit

why??

>Having any sort of basic comprehension of social skills = chad

You """""people"""""" are too far gone. How the fuck do you meet people and girls if you only talk to people you know?

>how's the weather? how was the weather 2 days ago? what about 1 week ago?
>i like trains do you like them too?
>my name is bobby what is your name?

am i ready to travel to america now?

>How the fuck do you meet people and girls
i don't?

You dont have manly nods of recognition?

Social meetup places online

There's a lot of resources out there, and many people meet that way. My friends aren't only from work, i usually meet some people from the internet, i have someone actually wanting to go out soon, but i haven't meet them yet so i dont respond to their comment/request

only respectfull nods

>Finnish "social" skills.

It's okay, we all remember that you're victims of the mass autism ray.

this

Cause and effect maybe???

>Extreme social aversion
>No friends

Hmm I wonder

Not really

It's more like saying anything to show interest. It doesn't have to be meaningful.

>Cause and effect maybe???
no

m8 I don't even leave the house when I have some free time

Yes, if you are busy and recognize someone a nod while passing is normal

this is how most people make friends

outside of scandinavia, arranged friendships dont exist m8

You nod at or greet people you know. If you nod at random idiots on the streets you're gonna get raped.

>puts a CD with an MS paint tier cover
>yo dawg support independent music b.

How is that anything to be proud of?

It's like saying "I dont brush my teeth or shower regularly"

Good thing we live in civilized countries where people don't mind talking to strangers

>not saluting people in the street

Fucking big city douchebags

rural masterrace

we do where im from, but were not really like the continental peasants at all

I don't even though I live in a turbonormie country. Whats the point even?

in some rural parts of north croatia (mine too) this is the norm, you nod at everyone you see even if you are in a car

it's also polite to vocaly greet everyone if it's night time or you are in a place where not many people go ( probably to signal that you aren't dangerous)

It's not really common to even nod towards strangers. Mostly people nod only at people they know and even avoid direct eye contact. Kinda strange, because I work in an institution that has alot of tourists, so their friendliness is really refreshing.
When I was growing up(early and late teens) people took looking other people in the eye as a form of aggression: "u fokkin wot m8"; "u in love"; "u wanna fight me bruv" etc. Also it made people uncomfortable because people didn't know if you knew them or they knew you.

This kind of autism is not relevant with people who have lived abroad - they are more used to small talk and friendly gestures against strangers - but natives might look at you in a funny way.

Greeting is regular in rural areas though. When I have been outside of the city, then people greet you when you're out on a run or looking around at the sights. I've gotten alot of frowns from village drunks though.

You don't. You meet your friends in school or other places where you're forced to interact with people. If you can't make friends there, you're out of luck.

That's fucking shitty

Tell me about it.

>got to shop to get a monster
>cashier asks me if it's cold because I'm wearing a coat
fuck you sharters for making my country this way. why can't we go back to the old days when no one talked no one and that's how we liked it.

It is

you do this for every person?

How do you meet girls if you can't speak to strangers?

sauna

They're kissless virgins who live with their parents

You get unbeliveably drunk, and as a result, extremely chatty.

no

people still reproduce there

he wants to know how

>pubs are public houses
>he doesn't go there specifically to talk to people

> eastern europe

When will you finally stop this meme?
Russia is not Eastern Europe, but Northern Asia. We have nothing to do with Poles or Czechs.

Parties or common workplaces usually

>It's more like saying anything to show interest. It doesn't have to be meaningful.

How does it even work? What's the point in spending your energy and heat on saying something nonmeaningful?

>It doesn't have to be meaningful.
So I can just curse on them in Russian?

Anything other than a forced "hi" from your neighbours is not acceptable. All the "smalltalk" I have had was from drunken people coming up and talking to me. Not much else.

>How do you meet girls

I don't.

t. never had a conversation with a girl in the entire life

Not every person, just if you walk by someone in a rural area, not the city, then it's kind of expected that you either nod your head at them or smile or something like thatm

its normal if you actually know the person.

eh the conversations are usually a bit more specific and they usually happen to pass the time while waiting for something. For example yesterday I was in line at a store that only had one register open, so I talked to the guy next to me about baseball because he was from Chicago and had a Cubs hat on. Randomly talking about the weather is rare unless it's really fucking hot/cold/shit/etc.

>mfw autistics like OP, really exist

I hate when random people try to talk to me in public. Happens all the fucking time. Last time I was picking up groceries I had one of the store employees come up to me and start randomly talking about how he's cleaning the aisles and rearranging shelves like I had any interest in what he was saying. He then asks me what I'm eating for dinner that night. Like what the fuck man? Just leave me alone.

This small talk with strangers thing is overblown.
It usually goes like this
>How's it going, man?
>Ah, it's going.
>I hear ya
>*Complete whatever you're doing*
>Alright, well, take it easy

A turboautist like me can fake normalcy.

>it's also polite to vocaly greet everyone if it's night time or you are in a place where not many people go ( probably to signal that you aren't dangerous)
This would work greatly here.

I talked to a few Pokemon players

>autism

Not a random person in your case.

Learn the difference.

Some of my acquaintances said that this meme was true. For a foreigner, especially from russia, it's weird as fuck. If you didn't grow up in america you'll never get used to this.

So you talk with strangers?

I had never seen that guy in my entire life. Tell me how that's not a random person.

He has extreme autism. Don't bother.

Maybe he was on meth or smth.

Just for fun bro

I don't know man it's just basic human nature to talk to people regularly

I don't start conversations with strangers but if others do it with me I don't mind talking for a bit

I only small talk if the other guy starts the conversation. Just to be safe.

>Be me
>non white
>White people don't start chat with me

Usually whites assume non-whites don't share similar lives as they do so they don't talk to me about their daily frustrations

>don't know man it's just basic human nature to talk to people regularly
to your friends maybe. or you really enjoy talking to strangers? I can easily talk to anyone, I do it everyday at work, but I don't enjoy or need it, just being friendly.

Weidest fucking mindset. If he/she is an employee in the store you are currently in, it's completely different thing than someone starting talking on the streets.

And you're the autists if you don't understand this.

this

You're just a customer, you don't mind about how some service guy doing his work, do you?

I honestly do.

I've had bad moods before and I just talked to a complete stranger id never see again and felt better. It feels good man, I can't explain it but it just feels right and boosts your mood

>looking in the general direction of strangers
>being seen by strangers
>having a closer relationship than stranger to your neighbors

It may work at bars for example, but talking to a complete stranger at random place seems weird.

That doesn't explain how the employee isn't a total random stranger to me. Anyway, looks like was correct.

Not in Canada man

It's normal I do it all the time, almost every day I try to talk to at least 3 strangers, even if only very brief

Different culture I guess

yeah, maybe. or it's just me.

...Or maybe you guys are just so much more autistic than you even understand.

People talk at bars because they're drinking or at concerts/sporting events/anywhere where the people in attendance have an obvious common interest. If some rando tried to strike up a conversation on the street or something that'd be weird.