Europeans being good at languages is just a meme right?

Europeans being good at languages is just a meme right?

The average Spaniard can't speak English for shit and I know it's the same for French and Italians as well. God knows UK and Ireland can't speak foreign languages for shit either. The only time this is true is for northern Europeans that speak irrelevant as fuck languages and need to learn English to communicate with anyone.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BZprtPat1Vk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That statement is completely untrue. Every south European speaks at least 2 languages: their mother tongue and the language of love.
>
>Fernando Martínez

How many languages does the average German speak, Hans?

>The average Spaniard can't speak English for shit and I know it's the same for French and Italians as well

Haven't you stopped for a second to think that the reason as to why they cannot speak English may be because they don't give a FUCK about it.

I speak 3 languages just by being born here. Its not a meme but its not like europeans have super powers for learning languages, its just that so many of them are in such small space there are overlaps

That's fine I don't expect anyone to be bilingual, I'm just tired of hearing people saying Europeans are multilingual

this.

speaking a meme language we are forced to learn english and french/german

None of the eastern euro languages count except Russian

We normally can speak English, although a lot of people would struggle doing it.
I can speak three languages cuz mum is Spanish

why

HHHola

Do you even make media in Spain? I've never heard of movies, music or TV from Spain. Everything in Europe is American and you only pretend not to know English to annoy tourists.

What does "Boludo" mean?

I speak 3 languages, forgetting the 4th one
I went to a languages school so I know lots of people that speak from 2 to 4-5 languages

Even Obama fell for this meme
youtu.be/BZprtPat1Vk

It's Argentinian slang. It's an adjective with the word "balls"

That sounds like advantage and not advantage.

What percent of dutch can hold their own in French?
How good is the average German at English? What percent learn a third language?
Because no one speaks them and they're all similar
Yes just the typical shit though. We get most of our entertainment from USA and Latin America
Catalan doesn't count

I think it means dumb or something like that.

I don't know if you count us and Europeans but most of us only speak English. We learn French in school but no one remember more than a few phrases. The only people I know that can speak a foreign language know Punjabi or Urdu.

>What percent of dutch can hold their own in French?

Conversationally: 40%

For germany i'd say something like 65%

According to meme charts a lot. According to reality not a lot.

But we're still better at French (our fourth language, if you ignore Limburgish, Frisian and Dutch low saxon) than the British (for who it's their second language).

This is now a Fernando Martinez thread

>germany

German*

It's is absolutely normal to know several languages in parts of central and northern europe
but yea we're probably the worst in western europe

It's not a meme. Spics are just stupid.

I don't speak any other languages from Spain besides Spanish

the average German can hold a simple conversation in English with a horrible accent. The people that are on the university usually speak English bretty good desu. At least in my university, the bachellor is taught in German and the Masters degree is entirely in English.
I guess that the people that didn't do "Gymnasium" can't barely speak it, and in some regions such as the eastern ones (Sachsen, Thüringen...) you won't find many English speakers

I often go to Germany. And Germans always respond in German. I always get the impression very few of them speak English.

Is it true that Colombian Spanish is the cleanest Spanish of LatAm?

Define conversationally. Like B2?

But I guess the people who work in shops and restaurants aren't the average Germans.

tb h, it's difficult to tell from my POV, I always speak in German

How did you learn English?
Pretty much whole youth can speak english in european countries,only elders got problems because it is too late for some of them

Not him, but in the Netherlands you have people who:
1. hate France and go on vacation to Spain
2. love France and never go on vacation to Spain

If a Dutch person gets French he gets it for like 5 years. And if he also goes to France every year he'll be fluent.
But if he's one of those people who goes to Spain he probably forgets French the moment he leaves school.

>Spain
>Spanish 16%
What am I looking at?

>Le European reference meme

I'd say they knew most of the grammar and enough words to get by.

Swiss would be better if we only learned English. But we have to learn English and a second national language. We could have more English lessons and no lessons in a second language. It's better to speak one language well than two languages not so well.

I think they do speak English but they struggle doing it. They don't want that you laugh at their horrible accent (me included) so if it's not 100 % necessary they'll just speak German. And since you are Dutch, you'll probably be able to catch something

>Germany
>German 10%

Where are you from Spanishbro? Muh motha's family lives in Santander

>UK
>English 10%

I learned it on my own. Just taking the classes doesn't mean you can actually speak it. the average person has a horrible accent and can't even hold a conversation.
I'm not doubting you and ive never met any dutch here. Just wondering how good you guys are at foreign languages besides English

i don´t know if it´s the clearest, but just the central and eastern region have a clear spanish, the two coast are a lot of niggers whom talk like a shit, and i´m not completely sure if the people speak spanish at south.

That's kind of vague. Can they understand everything on TV without subs? Do they have a thick accent? Can they read and write well?
Still confused
I always thought Swiss were the best at languages.like everyone sneaking fluent German, French, and English

English speakers won't make fun of you, it's probably the only language where people are numb to hearing their language butchered.
Madrid

Can you explain it?

Well, I do understand them. But I often have trouble finding specific words in German. So it's easier to switch to English.

We spend a lot of time dissecting Dutch sentences, so we can apply it to learning foreign languages.
Plus Dutch is right between English and German.
If all Spaniards would get Portuguese and Italian in school you'd be good at it as well.
Especially if you'd also get Portuguese movies and games.

So only French is a real challenge.

>I always thought Swiss were the best at languages.like everyone sneaking fluent German, French, and English
My aunt speaks French and Italian really well. Her English is a bit 'rusty'. She learnt French and Italian (and English) after she finished school. I can't order food in a French restaurant. If I watch a film in French I have no idea what it is about. More than 7 years of French lessons at school made no sense. I'm afraid not many who don't practise languages outside of school learn them.

Does English really have more in common with dutch than it does with German? In what ways?
How do you interact with people in Geneva?

>How do you interact with people in Geneva?
I never go to Geneva.

does = doet
have = heb
more = meer
in = in
with = met
than = dan
what = wat
way = weg
how = hoe
do = doe
you = u / je / jou
interact = interactie (interacteer)

english = engels
dutch = duits > diets
german = germaans > duits

>bulgaria
>english 25%
>russian 23%
>german 8%
The Russian speakers are older people and the English speakers are usually the younger people. Are the remaining half of the population fucking retards...