If America the country of freedom, why isn't marijuana legalized yet?

If America the country of freedom, why isn't marijuana legalized yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EBBhyUrk0So
latimes.com/politics/la-pol-ca-pot-survey-20160913-snap-story.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Weed is addictive and gives you cancer.

because weed is for losers and America is for winners.

It hasn't been the country of freedom for decades upon decades and we're all aware of it

idk we have some of the loosest laws world wide in most of our states tho

Delet this

It is legal in 3 states already and on november 8 it'll be legalised in california, meaning the death of the federal ban and class 1 classification.

like cigarettes

Shouldve been first

Trump was awful on the debate

*tips brainwashed*

Wasn't in top form but still better than Clinton, she had no comebacks on the economy, NAFTA, Iran or ISIS

I hope he improves on the next debate.

the feds won't but the states will
when cali votes on it soonish it will change other states pretty fast because they will flood the market with it

and..?

He will, he hasn't even grilled her on bengazi or the CF. She fired all her ammo at once and now she'll do nothing but repeat herself for the next two.
My bets are on Trump having her on the back foot for the rest of the way

It is legal or medicinally legal for around 70% of the popultaion

it is an argument doe

"...and" is not an argument

ayyyyy

nice shitpost

No it's not an argument, it's a statement. Like saying water is wet.

Why aren't they allowed to decide what they want to put inside their bodies? Not only consume weed but you should be allowed to made decisions that only affect yourself in a actually free cunt

Oh right.

youtube.com/watch?v=EBBhyUrk0So

Weed makes you a lazy cunt and a lazy workforce is never a good thing

I'm a legal grower

>abusing the face of a character who was actually intelligent
TRIGGERED

also people should learn how to eat weed. smoking is literally cancerous.

I smoke weed since 15yo, everyday. I have a very good job, a house and a gf. Lazy people may like weed more than other people but I'm not sure that weed is the cause

Sitting on Cred Forums makes you a lazy cunt, too. And so does a million other things that are perfectly legal. Just saying it's "bad for the workforce" when you're not being logically consistent is not an argument.

Conservative, old people

Not saying i agree with it being illegal, that's just what I imagine to be the justification

This

Because we're socially conservative cucks instead of being socially liberal :^)

So does smoking and eating hamburgers. As long as it doesn't infringe anyone's rights or pose a significant risk on society it should be legal. What you're saying is downright unamerican. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

With Freedom comes Responsibility

this. You know what is the most cancerous thing?
Life, life gives you cancer.

So you're saying that the American people are responsible enough to elect the most powerful man in the world that have access to thousands of nukes, but not responsible enough to decide what goes into their own bodies and literally affect no one but themselves?

that is an obvious bait you dunce

what about cocaine? what do you guys think about cocaine?

Reagan's legacy

sweden actually has really harsh drug laws

it's awesome but you need to be careful and not do it too often or take too much

Burgers are addictive and gives you diabetes.

No, you're thinking about tobacco.

i'm not talking about his country

i'm asking everyone in the thread

Any califags going to vote on prop 64?

What's the general public opinion about it over there?

dont you feel bad for giving money to the cartels?

yes, but I have no other option. If it was legal I would happily pay more for taxes but I doubt it will cost more because the main cost is due to prohibition.

>yes, but I have no other option
you could abstain from using it.

Yes

I think it should be legal. Not that it ever will be though.

Maine will also almost certainly legalise recreational use of marijuana on 8 anovember.

I came to this world to have a nice time, so if I want and can to do something I'll do it. Why would you not do something that you want just because a retro-headed faggot tells you not to. fuck off

Ketamine is better

Neat. Any idea what the situation is like over there?

>people should just do what they feel :)
woman detected

i told you already, because it feeds the cartels

next you'll be telling me that hillary is better than trump

It's politician's fault, not mine.

>i need others to tell me what to do

repressed cuck detected

It's probably going to be a landslide victory - latimes.com/politics/la-pol-ca-pot-survey-20160913-snap-story.html

There's a reason why only 30% of amerifats actually think trump would be a competent president while 60% think clinton would be competent.

Garbage in, garbage out?

Trump is leading nationally

We all know American freedom is meme, none of us are trying to hide it.

It's honestly fascinating how much the situation has changed compared to prop 19 back in 2010. Back then you wouldn't have had a major newspaper like la times encouraging people to vote yes in their editorial.

What situation? As in support for weed? Fairly high in Maine, especially among urban dwellers. The biggest detractors aren't moralfags, but the medical marijuana industry who doesn't want recreational availability cutting into their profits.

DELET

even old people are starting to not give a fuck about weed.

i think it will be legal in 2/3rds of states within 10 years.

im saying this as a 26 year old who doesn't smoke weed anymore and dont think i would if it were legal. it gets old and is a waste of money imo.

He definitely has all the possibilities to win, no doubt about it. Too bad no one actually thinks he's going to be good at it.

Colorado legalized and proceeded to not suddenly implode from degeneracy, so voters in CA feel a lot more confident in the success of the measure.

Also, all the tax money Colorado raised for schools from the measure doesn't hurt.

Public opinion mostly, grapevine and all that. There seriously isn't any bigger opposition to the change other than older cannabis sellers trying to protect their business interests?

they might have enough money now from weed to make their own healthcare system, they have been talking about it, not sure if it will work tho

No, not really, of course there is some backlash but the best organised and funded is the medical pot lobby, still won't be enough, Maine will legalise weed in November.

It is because traditionally conservative republicans who had been campaigning against weed couldn't argue with the tax benefits that were laid out before them, it kind of split the republicans to the point where there aren't that many people crusading against marijuana anymore.

Then another thing, the really old people are dying. People born in the 20's, 30's grew up when our anti drug propaganda was shit like Reefer Madness. A lot of them unironically thought that weed would kill you. My grandma is 90 and she finally said she doesn't care about medical marijauana, but she's a rare case

Good to hear, last time the vote was neck to neck so I doubt it wont' go through this time. I also don't doubt that the largest state in the union changing their laws about it won't affect the entire country and by that avenue the entire global perspective on cannabis. With any luck it might be legalized here too in a few decades.

Back in 2014, we had a ballot initiative in Memphis, Tennessee about whether or not wine should be allowed to be sold in grocery stores. The biggest opposition to the measure came from local liquor stores who wanted to protect their monopoly on selling wine in the city.

It's not that farfetched at all, basically.

Back in 2014, we had a ballot initiative in Memphis, Tennessee about whether or not wine should be allowed to be sold in grocery stores. The biggest opposition to the measure came from local liquor stores who wanted to protect their oligopoly on selling wine in the city.

It's not that farfetched at all, basically.

I'm just wondering because at least in california you've got the police unions, hospitals, teachers, dui- special interest groups and all that banding into an opposition to try and keep cannabis banned. I guess canadians are just not as firm in their convictions like that.

Nice.

Don't forget women. They hate legal weed too.

Teachers like weed, they just can't say it openly, college professors love weed, same deal

I agree with you, if you put me on stage I would have done a much better job than him.

You don't debate like you negotiate. Debating is like fencing, you want to lead your opponent into making a mistake that they can't deflect. What Trump did was hip-fire back inane comments reflexively (like saying Clinton has fought ISIS for "all her adult life", which is the dumbest thing I heard all night) without any consideration of how he could lead her, long-term, into a gaffe.

There's mounds of dirt on Clinton, and he used very little of it

>NAFTA moving American manufacturing to Mexico
>NAFTA causing mass unemployment of Mexican farmers, who entered the USA illegally
>DNC undercutting Bernie Sanders
>her record as Secretary of State causing (or contributing to) conflicts in Libya and Syria
>flip flopping on Russia when she criticized 2008-era Republicans for acting like the Cold War was still going (Trump really needs to popularize the word "Russophobe")
>insecure private e-mail server while Secretary of State being a cyberwar target
>claiming to be a progressive when she opposed gay marriage for most of her political career -- she's an opportunist who will say anything to get elected to power
>Clinton Cash. Back to Russia, if she hates them so much, why did she sell 20% of the USA's uranium to them using her power as Secretary?
>Clinton Foundation correlation between donators and the people who were able to arrange meetings with Secretary Clinton while she was in office. It's something like 55%. Fifty five goddamn percent of all people who were able to meet with her (to ask favors, positions, etc.) had donated money to her.

I could go on and on. Trump did touch lightly on one or two of these but he dropped the fucking ball so hard.

And on top of all that the deck was stacked against him with the moderator, who wasn't neutral. He slung 15 targeted questions at Trump and 2 at Clinton. That's unacceptable

CARA
MACONHA
RMBF

>old people nowadays are the Woodstock generation
Derp?

I personally despise weed and potheads. Fuck that shit.