d-do finns have dachas too?

>He counts a little but as summer house

>not owning a plethora of properties

*hut

Spelling error or Freudian slip?
Let's have the audience decide.

I think swedes and nords do too

>this jealous of our comfy cottages

Is the mess of land and sea between Turku and Aland are inhabitant? It looks like a perfect place for traveling on a boat

yea it's a pretty popular spot for summer places too visitturku.fi/en/turku-archipelago_

looks lovely desu

what can people do there?swimming and fishing and some shit?

Looks exactly like my hometown.

Most people here also have a summer cabin in the woods somewhere, usually on a lake or stream.

swim
fish
go to sauna
sit in total quiet away from people and listen to nature
drink beer
chop wood

that's pretty much the finnish summer. some people like picking berries and mushrooms

Most of russians have dachas, but it hard to say they are summer houses in full meaning of word ''house'

>tfw no summer mökki with a fridge full of Sandels olut and a sauna that's ready

Nice for a couple days at most, but ultimately pretty boring.

that's exactly why you get a summer house so you don't actually have to live like that all year

What's the point of buying a house, paying for upkeep and tending to the grounds for 2 days a year? Just go on holiday to somewhere decent

the point is you get a nice secluded lakefront property to unwind in as long as you'd like with no stress or schedules.

owning a summer cottage doesn't exclude you from also going on a vacation to foreign cities if that's what you feel like doing but when all you want is to relax in peace you have your own private property so you don't have to book a week in something like pic related

Going on holiday isn't stressful. What is stressful is having to look after a house and the plot it's on. The time/money going into it isn't worth the two days a year you feel like using it

everything you say in this post is the opposite of truth

Looks like a shed

They're by far not as cramped as us, so property prices most likely aren't an issue up there. Also colder climate = less weeds growing

have you never had a cottage or a shack in the wilderness? I'm not a huge fan of it myself, but even I have to admit it's literally the single least stressful experience there is (so long as you're only vacationing in it)

to be honest it sounds like your nerves could use a nice relaxing 5 day vacation in the middle of finnish wilderness
yeah land is dirt cheap out in the country

The property still has to be kept, weeds are not the only aspect of this

Haven't owned one in the forest, but been to plenty. Had a second home in Tokyo and London though.
My whole point is basically that owning requires upkeep, it's not just a case of going to it on holiday once a year

What else would there be to take care of in the middle of the forest?
I guess those things don't have water/gas/electricity supplies that have to be maintained.
Maybe exchanging a wood panel or two when they start rotting after about 50 years
Appears much comfier than your typical bydlo Mallorca/Ballermann binge trip our underclasses love to do so much

I'd say 99% have electricity these days but running water is rare and gas practically never.
you're right about the rest though, I've been taking care of our summer place since alone for the past 3 years since my parents go too old and the only thing I've had to do is clean the gutters