Having mountains in your country

>having mountains in your country

how does it feel to live in such uncivillized lands?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S9oFk9RcmU4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baïne
youtube.com/watch?v=ey_SsIgyxeg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>being able to see the horizon

I honestly think this is unsettling. I can only see mountains and hills in all directions. How do you know the directions when all looks the same?

You know the direction by which way the wind is blowing

Typical australian.

>I can only see mountains and hills in all directions
Same question: how do you know the directions when all looks the same?

being anywhere with mountains is unsettling to me. I unironically get dizzy.

I feel uncomfortable when I can't see the horizon.

>being able to see the horizon

were not, usually there is a forrest in the way or something

>forrest
Bushes, not forests.

But yeah, no horizon, unless you go up like 30+ meters

Ughh, absolutely disgusting. Pic related is true home for white people

They don't look all the same, every mountain is different, every mountain has it's own character.

Arr rook same

I was considering moving to Logan, Utah. It's a nice quiet college town an hour north of Salt Lake City. It's in a wide valley with parallel mountain ranges on the east and west.

What got me was that you couldn't see the sun until later in the morning, and that the sun would set late in the afternoon. Coming from the flats I'm not sure I can get used to it.

JUST

By how the sun is positioned you stupid kraut.

we just have rolling hills around here desu, scots have mountains

>first thing I see when I wake up and look out of the window

How can flat land even compete?

Sun rises in East and sets in the West

If you know what time it is you're good

As a Chicagoan (by far probably the flattest city in the US) visiting my Grandpa's house in the mountains in SW Utah every summer; you'll see the light over the mountains.

You should try having a trip in the Alberta's plains. Hundreds of km of pure flatness. They're so flat you can see the curve of the earth on the horizon.

gedoxxt

mountains make landscapes more A E S T H E T I C

Looks like an alien planet. Explains a lot.

>Having no wilderness in your country
Like how does it feel living in a tiny country built by pirates?

>any countries in yurop outside of north european coutnries claiming they have nature
HAH

67% of land is forrest mountains in Japan.

>nature
Useless shit, good fertile soil is what you want, to grow crops.

This pleases my autism.

and 33% is concrete?

>not having plains and mountains

Countrylets

we have a bit of everything

see, *that* looks uncomfortable

>Increasingly more people every year pay to come to my country to see fucking this

Indeed you do. Except beaches. But then again, you have Cuba.

We only have hills and mountains.

And we put almost all our cities in the top of a hill. You always have to climb upwards in both ways.

We get great quads, though.

genuinely disturbing

where's the forest? what did you do with it?

I find it meditative, 2bh.

Is it even grass or just moss?

Do you have trees in iceland at all?

>Is it even grass or just moss?
Moss
>Do you have trees in iceland at all?
See:

shut up large forest

shut up huge field of weed

shut up small island

You shut up!

>not having more than one mountain range
>not having the single largest piece of arable land in the world
>not having vast plains

Just look at that view

Too bad those pesky mountains are in the way

Compensating for something, Cletus?

C-could you plant some or would they die?

It would be extremely painful

>Not sharing the largest source of fresh water on the planet with like-minded Mini-Me's.

Yes, you can drink this stuff.

self-sufficiency rate of rice is over 100% in Japan.

>not descending from Mormon mountain people in Arizona

>having tornadoes
>having bears
>having detroit
>having planes in your towers

>C-could you plant some or would they die?
We try, but the conditions here are so brutal that freshly planted trees are either literally ripped up out of their roots via winds or the ground gets so cold with frost that it basically destroys the roots.

Weak allies.

wtf i love leafs now

I like Tokyo. It's very comfortable though.

>not feeling the constant threat of death while in the woods
>not having lions that live in your mountains
>not having alligators that live in your swamps
>not having skinwalkers that live in one of your fellow campers

EHEM

its slowly coming back at least

that is until the wogs move in and bring their beautiful slash & burn agricultural technology

I'm living in a big plain and it sucks, I love mountains. I wish one day I move to little American or European city near big mountains.

Weird. I've seen european larch und mountain pine growing on almost bare rock at 2500m+, where conditions are pretty harsh too.

>Except beaches

That's the price you pay for having the greatest piece of land on the planet :^)
>implying tornadoes aren't cool as fuck
>implying bears aren't cool as fuck too

that's what my sister says about england
that she had difficulty adjusting to the lack of mountains

t. Higashimurayma

>I honestly think this is unsettling
I think my subconciousness thinks the same. I've had multiple dreams where I've gazed into the infinite horizon we have here in Denmark, only to see nukes or meteors fall down and delivering a mass destruction.

>Having woods
>having mountains
>having swamps
>having camps

you still haven't explained Detroit

we have tourists coming to the most remote places on this planet like Kamchatka and Chukotka (soviets literally used them for impossible-to-escape prison camps) to see some fucking tundra and small mountains

Looks comfy for everything besides usual beach activities

>niggers
That explains detroit
Also, does Denmark even have good nature?

Same here. It feels exposed. Like sleeping in the open without a blanket or a tent.

No. We killed nature to make room for pigs.

Oh wait nvm, they have a few hills and some coastline. Pretty much an even more boring England

Dunno why someone from Denmark would criticize a country with real nature

nature is just land you're too lazy to use properly

>having swamps

sorry rasmus but your whole country is a swamp (just like ours, i'm not judging)

Why not move towards a town near the Urals or live in the mountainous Caucasus?

A swamp is a wetland that is forested.

>wetland
>forest

only wetland we have are saltwater bogs and trees are sure as fuck not going to grow there

>Ural
Wilderness
>Caucasus
Chechnya is such a nice place isn't it

Altai mountains are beautiful as well, but complete wilderness.

That sounds depressing tbqh

No wonder Denmark has such a high suicide rate

pretty much the same outside of the autist definition. If you would point to a wetland and call it a swamp, no one save for turbo spergs would bat an eye

Still lower than your murder rate

>he doesn't climb his country's mountains
Have fun walking around windmills you bitterballen cunt

>Not having both fields and mountains
>At the same time

Disgusting

im with yes your picture looks nice, most real nature looks nowhere as spectacular though. I would rather live in a country that is optimized as far as land use is concerned than live in sweden or finland which is literally one or two landscapes copied and pasted accross the whole country.

>which is literally one or two landscapes copied and pasted accross the whole country.

But that's pretty much true for the Netherlands as well, except instead of wilderness it's farmland

france has comfy mountains

>Altai mountains
full of unfriendly mongoloid churkas barely speaking russian (depends of where exactly though)

Come home, Finns.

>how does it feel to live in such uncivillized lands?

Not bad, there are benefits to living above sea level.

Don't be like that, Finns are nice people.

dat flevopolder

>banter a dutchman until they cry
>their entire country is now underwater

Exactly, but it is optimised for human use

how are the two exclusive? I live above sea level too?

Not having mountains is boring.

There is no life in Russia outside of Moscow

It's nice nearby hills. I sometimes go hiking and with my friends. We smoke weed t the top of the hill.

Yep they're pretty nice, we also have lower mountains in the center of the South, unknown to foreigners most of the time but comfy as well. And it's the least populated place of the country, not the Alps
Sweden looks good too, I watched a documentary about the Kungsleden last week

>Exactly, but it is optimised for human use

Yeah that's certain
The Netherlands are comfy enough, it's nothign exceptionnal but coming from the south with very different landscapes it's already exotic for me

Corsica has dope mountains as well and the island feels very "wild"

>tfw your country is literally a huge mountain

>I can only see mountains and hills in all directions
Is there windows in basement?

There is no bulky commieblocks in normal countries, in Austria average house is about 3-6 floors as I mentioned.

>not being 10 minutes away from both mountains and sea

JUST

dutch mountains coming through

ewwwwwwwwwwww

>largest mountain
>have to share it with two other countries

imagine sleighing in those sick mountains

>mountains are uncivilized
>builds a fake """mountain"""
your insecurity is showing there a bit m8

fortunately that didn't go trough

that was it as far as dutch mountains are concerned

it's all downhill from here

The only problem is that during summer, the Alps are suddenly swarmed by shitloads of drunken Bonglish that bury all the resorts under torrents of rotten vomit.

indigenous people are wild too

especially if you don't py the protection money

>2016
>Not owning literal Atlantis

Luckily the Pyrenees are better in that aspect

Do you die if you climb to the top?

we flatlanders will die because of lack of oxygen.

Mmmm, strange, I think I went there more than a decade ago, can't remember if it was this one.

Saw a sea of clouds too, that was extremely based.

N E T H E R F L A T S

I haven't been in "real" mountains for years, I often go to the Cévennes (pic related) and such because I'm close but that's it
Luckily I'm working in the Alps this winter

those look pretty mountainous to me. what constitudes a real mountain to you?

Could never live there. Frightening

God created the earth, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

A clear day
Look out to sea
See spines of huge moutains sticking up far beyond the Horizon. A full 40-50km behind the Horizon.

Its unsettling. Whats even more unsettling is that it barely takes any mist or air condensation to make said spines invisible.

If you examine his picture, you will see that each of the hills is covered in woods.
Mountains is a place where you walk past the treeline, and fauna becomes sparse.
Its where you start seeing huge rocks come out of the ground, with no real trees nearby.

Maybe some sparse branches here and there, in desolate things that can't be called grass

who needs natural enviroment anyway. there are only a handfull of trees in the area that I was born in that are more than a 100 years old. there used to be dust storms about 200 years ago becaus all trees were cut down for more and more farming land. its pretty green nowadays but none of it is natural.

>I honestly think this is unsettling

austrians are ugly dickheads but this one is right

I couldn't stand living in a place with no mountains/hills on the background

aha. thanks buddy. coming from a country were people unironically call a mountain I had no idea. I just thought everything with any gradient as far as altitude is concerned was a hill or a mountain, a hill being small and a mountain being large

>disliking bears

Not even the damn commies dislike bears.

It is awesome.

youtube.com/watch?v=S9oFk9RcmU4

The Dutch are a bunch of twats.
They ride around on their bicycles, think they're saving the world while only 13% of their land is covered with trees.
You cunts should be paying me for breathing the oxygen my trees produce! I DEMAND OXYGEN QUOTAS!

The have the corporate HQ. We have the trees.

DO IT!

Here I was at about 800m high, and this particular range goes up to 1700m
1700m is indeed mountainous, too high for hills but it's nothing like the Alps or the Pyrenees
Also this range is part of a greater one called the Massif Central which reaches 1880m so no doubt it's mountainous but it's also made of large plateau like pic related which doesn't look mountainous

That was meant for you

too empty, no trees, there should be trees

I thought a British would be accustomed to the lack of trees

I thought you travel by kangaroo
they know the directions dont it

bump

That was some nice prose, Sören

No, ours is a green and pleasant land , there are trees everywhere

>being flatland

kek pleb

dude, we have the biggest flatland in the world. the mountains are our limit with chile, the rest is flat.

Argentina confirmed white

awwww yissss

Don't let them fool you

mountains are inefficient.

so true

>Green

Absolutely

>There are trees everywhere

doubt.jpg

Anyway, here's the largest French flatland

They hold all the iron you use in your everyday life and are a necessity for the mountain image select captcha.

Most of the north is flat that area is the winner

it feels like not being afraid of water

>Not having both

thats australia m8, I can see the kangaroo

>How do you know the directions when all looks the same?
Compass. I always have one on my pocket.

the dune is moving and eating trees every years

most dangerous spot in France to swim, don't try that

fuck, I wanted to greentext it

well, whatever

Wait, I thought you argies just had the flat windy pampas and the Chileans had the mountains.

Funny that Chileans have to leave their country, drive through Argentina, and then re-enter their country to get to Patagonia.

Österreich, bitte.

>you will never have this view when you jogg

I know absolutly disgusting, right

Big sky country is Gods country. It gives you vision. That's why the Dutch colonised and the Austrians didn't.

Being located between mountains isn't always a good thing, in case of air pollution inside it'll take longer for it to go away.

>most dangerous spot in France to swim, don't try that

Really ? I already did it once, well not just in front of the dune but in that area

As said before, I find the emptiness rather calming and pleasing to look at.

i would like to live here

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baïne

sands form pools of nice water that look safe, but at low tide, when the water is receding, a side of the bassin can collapse and form a very powerful emptying stream that sweeps you away

or the stream gets stronger and stronger as the sea is lowering, as it makes the water output from the pool higher because of the reduced "passage"

it makes people panic and trying to swim against the stream to reach the beach, which they can't, for the streams being way to strong, and then they tire and drown

actually this is really disturbing. Whenever I go to the plains of Hungary I feel a little bit dizzy. You have to know that there arent that many tree there, and its flat as fuck. Shit is disturbing. Atleast I live between hills

>Baïne

Thanks for the info

youtube.com/watch?v=ey_SsIgyxeg

It's funny because we are named after wood (Holland means Woodland)

I once saw the horizon and had a nervous breakdown

But you can see the horizon from mountain tops

all the argentina-chile border has mountains an greenery on both sides, thanks to the andes

>not having active volcanoes in your country

>building one of the most important and populated cities in your cunt at the feet of an active volcano

Ancient greeks were retarded, romans were retarded, modern SHITalians are retarded.

Etna is not an explosive volcano like Vesuvius, it will most likely never cause serious damage, only pouring lava that can usually be diverted, especially with modern technology

Tiny flood and the entire "country" is fucked.

Good.

But we do

That's cheating

How is that possible?

>blocked

FUCK YOU AFP.
BOYCOTT AFP
PIRATE ALL THINGS AFP

It's a French departement like any other in mainland France, it's not more cheating than Etna which isn't on the Italian Peninsula either
Hell we didn't keep much from the colonization but for once it counts
And I climbed it

>muh inteegrul parts
C'mon, de facto places like Guyana are still colonies, no matter de legal definition

>No matter what the law says

Too bad it doesn't work like that

I don't know you tell me

>it's not more cheating than Etna which isn't on the Italian Peninsula either
It is if you consider the huge distance between mainland France and Réunion, and the insignificant one between Sicily and the peninsula. But you consider the law then you have a point, Sicily is a special region with its own parliament.

>live in the delta part of the country
>still can see mountains

Both answers are right imo, it's technically French but of course hard to consider it this way.
Anyway it's a beautiful place so I'm glad they speak French it makes things easier

You once declared Algeria "part of the motherland", and in the 50s it was even officially part of the EU, doesn't make it European

It doesn't have to be European to be French, again it depends how you see things, by law it was indeed French like Ceuta being Spanish despite being in Morocco. But obviously it doesn't mean they suddenly started to make cheese and eat pork

i feel you man

half of that view belongs to Switzerland

>his country doesn't farm on their mountains
plebs

There are still volcanos in continental France, and they're not extinct (though not active now, they were still active not that long ago).

gg for growing stones

can hawaii hang out with you mountain folks?

I've never seen a mountain in real life, feels pretty bad to be quite honest with you.

>just trees
>euros think they have """""""""nature""""""" when their """"""""forests""""""""""" are basically green deserts without animals

I've never seen snow.

shows what you know

>There are more people in this picture than in my country
W E W
E
W

Sorry Pierre but that makes mt scenery with 800+ m the tallest mountain in holland while it is located on the island of saba, in the Caribbean as opposed to continental Holland here in northwestern europe

Guyana just doesn't feel like France to most people

This.

Forests aren't jungles

>He doesn't live on giant mountains rising from the sea. That also happen to be the tallest.
sad desu