'Th' sound to vanish from English language by 2066 because of multiculturalism, say linguists

Literally JUST - the language

telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/09/28/th-sound-to-vanish-from-english-language-by-2066-because-of-mult/

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0VAeZ7TSeJj
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4b/SK-lubit.ogg
youtube.com/watch?v=GiVs05yq9-o
youtube.com/watch?v=5NosF-zuJpc
vocaroo.com/i/s1dP7cduos1R
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What's the advantages of multiculturalism anyway?

Delicious mixed race women

Kek Ive had English classes since I was 8 yo and never even bothered to pronounce this garbage sound correctly. None of my teachers ever corrected me on that.

ANGLO GENOCIDE, at last.

GOTT STRAFE ENGLAND

>dis
>dat
>fink
>muvver

So by multiculturalism they mean niggerisation?

Really doubt that

the nigger thought he could run through the thicket

>Gibs me dat
>Where da white wimin at?
>Hol up, you be sayin...

Your right

It's a retarded sound anyway, sounds retarded, and has a retarded way of articulation (lo siento, Españoles).

give us a screenshot of the article, I aint paying for that
how do they say three?

That is a thorough shame, if I could be truthful. Might it be eventually like the German "ch" sound, erradicated in English in the Middle Ages?

Tree in AAVE

>three

They probably say 'free'

>about tree fiddy
That's basic shitposting

well that isn't happening here, never heard anyone say 'fink' or 'free' instead of 'think' or 'three'

America is the land of ebonics

True, but AAVE remains, and forever will be, a niche dialect within the States.

>Given the status of London as the linguistically most influential city in the English-speaking world, we can expect to see significant changes between now and the middle of the century.
>London
>most influential city in the English-speaking world

>american reading comprehension

Not him, and maybe so, but American and I believe Canadian English are unaffected by the speech of people on an Island an ocean away. Does this mean that American is the last bastion of the "th" sound, much like how we've preserved rhoticism from times past?

Almost retarded as the entirety of your language, pinoy

I was just pointing out that he forgot the >linguistically most influential
Anyways, ask people on their generals; what english version did they learn on school. I bet 70% them will say british english.

What is wrong with this sound? It's a pretty easy one.

Fair enough, I'm just saying that even if the "th" sound dies out in British and Commonwealth English it will survive in American English much like pronouncing the "r"s.

m8, I know blacks who I grew up with that were born here that speak in a fake Jamacian patois now. It's cringey as hell. Ebonics Is spreading among black youth because of American media.

On one hand, wtf with them, and on the other, at least for us the Black population isn't going to increase proportionally, but IDK about Canada.

yeah but you also incorporated the incessant need to add a purely phatic word "like" to every single clause, this cancer came from California, along with faggy upspeak and nasal whining

agree.

That's extra funny because most American blacks use the 'th' sound most of the time and only drop it when switching into the more informal registers.

It's very niche and no one who learns English as a foreign language wants to learn it

I went to New york not too long ago and I heard the same shit.

>Niggas deezed
>Bear arms
>mans is going ta da store
>Rahhten
>Infahma

It's fucking stupid.

Says the nip

Also true, but beggars can't be choosers.

I similarly doubt that French students would rather learn the French r, 2bh.

I assume the "Rahhten" refers to the vowel sounds they make, which isn't limited to Ebonics 2bh. But yeah, is right, Blacks know how to talk in which situations.

"Rahten" means "Rotten" or a situation that is shitty. Don't ask me, half of the lingo is pure gibberish as far as I can figure out.

dont worry iceland will keep it alive they even have a letter for it

iceland will keep everything alive including the elven sexual studeis

>niche
>literally appears in some of the most common words like 'the', 'that', 'then', 'they', 'them', 'though', 'there' etc.

fuck off

only germanis can into th sounds also anglos are germans

das rite

Irish people are blacks now?

>only germanis can into th sounds
Was sinking se same

Niche as in almost no popular language outside of english uses it, and it's difficult to learn to boot. Which is why it will disappear unless english stops being the lingua franca

>it's difficult to learn

Polish intellectuals everybody

If it's so easy for you to pronounce foreign letters vocaroo you saying ы

soft th

>Among the more than 60 languages with over 10 million speakers, only English, Modern Standard Arabic, Standard European Spanish, Burmese, and Greek have the voiceless dental non-sibilant fricative.[citation needed] Speakers of languages and dialects without the sound sometimes have difficulty producing or distinguishing it from similar sounds, especially if they have had no chance to acquire it in childhood, and typically replace it with a voiceless alveolar fricative (/s/) (as in Indonesian), voiceless dental stop (/t/), or a voiceless labiodental fricative (/f/); known respectively as th-alveolarization, th-stopping,[1] and th-fronting[2].

>The sound is known to have disappeared from a number of languages, e.g. from most of the Germanic languages or dialects, where it is retained only in Scots, English, and Icelandic, but it is alveolar in the latter.[3][4]

hard th

>This sound, and its unvoiced counterpart, are rare phonemes. The great majority of languages of Europe and Asia, such as German, French, Persian, Japanese, and Mandarin, lack this sound. Native speakers of those languages in which the sound is not present often have difficulty enunciating or distinguishing it, and replace it with a voiced alveolar sibilant [z], a voiced dental stop or voiced alveolar stop [d], or a voiced labiodental fricative [v]; known respectively as th-alveolarization, th-stopping, and th-fronting. As for Europe, there seems to be a great arc where this sound (and or the unvoiced variant) is present. Most of mainland Europe lacks the sound. However, some "periphery" languages as Gascon, Welsh, English, Elfdalian, Northern Sami, Mari, Greek, Albanian, Sardinian, some dialects of Basque and most speakers of Spanish have this sound in their consonant inventories, as phonemes or allophones.

>Mock Polish intellectuals
>UK flag defends him

the fuck

probably just a pole in london

I guess foreign sounds are hard for you after all :^)

>teacher: "just use the front teeth".
>me: "th".

There's no reason not to say it but being too lazy to take the time to move your tongue in a way you're not used to.

>it's difficult to learn to boot

Or maybe you're just a lazy shit, it's an extremely easy sound to produce. You literally just put the tip of your tongue between your upper and lower incisors and exhale.

there's a reason why S is far more popular

Brit's already drop "th" a lot. See: "fink".

Nobody in London speaks correctly anyway, but who gives a shit about that hellhole

it's easy to just pronounce the sound alone, like when you're practicing it, but it's harder to use on a conversation.

do you speak another language besides english? if you do, surely you understand that sounds that don't exist in your language are hard to pronounce

Say " I theorize that the wall will be thick" on vocaroo.

vocaroo.com/i/s0VAeZ7TSeJj

>but who gives a shit about that hellhole
>London sustains the economy of the UK
my sides

Dit
Dat
Denk
Moeder

In Dutch it's already a D.

wat is dis u talk about? do u dink dis is funny de way I talk? dank u and goodbye

>Polish flag
>Scottish accent

huh

De vader

Companies sustain the UK and a lot of them are leaving London to other parts of the county

>literal spurdospeak

Other parts of the country like India.

>Commonwealth English
We will hold the line senpai.

nice, those are useless sounds with no way to pronounce them clear and crisp naturally.

besides, english isn't even a normal, full language at this point, it's a tool for people to communicate at simplest level

Well at least we now understand what they are saying.

Spurdo>ebonics

The sound will not disappear. If anything happens at all, it will become a class indicator. The proles will speak like Negroes while well-educated, well-bred people will continue to speak properly.

Either it goes from think to either fink, tink or dink.

>nice, those are useless sounds with no way to pronounce them clear and crisp naturally.
It's not an effort, you're just lazy.

There's a reason it disappeared from most Germanic languages (except some languages like Icelandic). The law of sound nature: some sounds are more prone to disappear than others.

How many non Germanic languages do you speak, user?

Join the resisthance. We tho noth allow ith tho thisappear.

It's called codeswitching and it's common worldwide.

>non Germanic
You can drop that part, I've rarely seen/heard an anglo being able to pronounce german correct.

Dutch people automatically turn it into a D.

And in school older people got told it's pronounced as an S or F, which sounds ridiculous.

I know what code switching is, user.

Poles tend to pronounce soft th as F and hard th as D

>tfw my high school English teacher mocks American accent using his own heavily accentuated Polish version of RP

I don't want to remember

>mocks American accent
Nothing wrong with that.

imagine an elderly slavshit pretty sure of his superior RP skills in reality sounding a little like Borat

Our teachers tried to enforce a correct use of "th", but most germans just go with "s".

I learned Spanish as a second language and I find the trilled "r" and rolled "rr" to be pretty easy. The only sound I've had a lot of difficulty with is the click for "x" in the Xhosa language because it doesn't seem possible to maintain your breath when making it. "Q" and "c" aren't hard.

I demand to hear your vowels

anglos always revert to diphthongs and start reducing everything

2bh "s" > "d" > "f"

>Anglos calling any sound easy to learn

lmao lads, lmao. Ya'll nigz can't even into Scheveningen or tuchtrecht.

Dipthongs are easy to avoid, especially when you grow up hearing Spanish on a fairly regular basis. Native speakers I talk to compliment my pronunciation all the time and random sudacas I've met abroad have told me I sound exactly like a Mexican.

It just keeps evolving. First it was Germanic, Latin and now Ebonics

Dutch people use all G's and R's and standard Dutch speakers are a minority so I dare to say our own population can't even agree on how it's pronounced.

My French is middling but my Japanese is making strides.

I lived in Cape Town for a while and I found the Afrikaans G to be a bit of a hassle desu, dunno why I need to sound like I'm preparing to spit at whoever I'm talking to

And I pronounce my French 'r' and my Japanese 'r', 'sh', 'f', vowel→'h' and non-initial 'g' sounds properly because learning phonology correctly is part of learning a language.

Seconding.

As long as american movies and shows dont nigger up the cast much

Diversity is strength, haven't you heard?

Making learners work on correct pronunciation from day one should be part of every language education course. Sadly, it seems to rarely be the case.

Dutch confirmed for nigger English

Think about the food and the low paying jobs!

Honestly, it's a common argument by supporters of immigration but it's actually racist to suggest we need migrants specifically to do low paying jobs because we're better than that and they're beneath us.
Not only that but literally the only people who benefit from that are corporation bosses since they have to pay less wages.

On topic of phonology, can you pronounce the Slovak ľ?

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4b/SK-lubit.ogg

Just putting it out there.

This is good news for bogshites like me

we should all learn ebonics anyways.
Our ancestors came from africa and we should learn the language of the Kangz and slaves, to show our support concerning the black comunity and that we are valuing their culture..

English is bad for lingua franca, French or Romanian are better

Not even a nigger but I can't pronounce th sounds with consistency

>French with its gendered nouns and fucked up reading rules and phonology
>Romanian

>I'm learning a language but won't pronounce it properly! Teehee!
>Imma pronounce it da way I wanna, nigguh!

Literally Neanderthals.

>fucked up reading rules
French pronunciation rules are logical, unlike the clusterfuck that bongs call English pronunciation rules.

tell that to the Czar

oh wait

niggers are the way they are because they lack neanderthal admixture

when thid this website start losing such common knowledge ?

Educate yourself, English spelling/pronunciation is excellent.

youtube.com/watch?v=GiVs05yq9-o

>it's an english apologist of his own language

kyss yourself

>Lindybeige
>On anything that's not historical weaponry
You mean mister "Imperial is perfect, SI too French"?

A video made by a dogmatic Englishman about how the English language is the best surely isn't biased in any way.

>Live in Yorkshire

So nothing has changed?

>incapable of forming rational counter-arguments so they resort to character attacks

JFs, everyone. Simply pathetic.

his only argument is literally that you can learn how a word is pronounced and memorize it, that's how all languages on earth work

th is literally one of the easiest sounds to make. I'd much rather that than the french r, finnish r, trilled r or any of the russian sounds that don't exist in english.

I am from the south of France and people there pronounce(d) "r" completely differently.

thith
viva la rethithtanth

Romanian is awesome, it's literally the only one language which can fight with French for the place of lingua franca

youtube.com/watch?v=5NosF-zuJpc

how so jean-luc?

>much like how we've preserved rhoticism from times past?
WE WUZ SHAKESPEARES N SHIET

Good, I have a hard time pronouncing that barbaric sound.

it comes from the tongue rather than from the throat

No, he argues how the preservation of derivative spelling in spite of pronunciation keeps etymology and relationships between words clear.

What origin are you ?

I had since I was 7, and, if I don't mistake, even learn Latin alphabet earlier than cyrillic, but, seriously, I started to understand what the fuck anglos are saying only at 20 yo.

your accent is SO WEIRD.

French is better

benith

1. Open mouth slightly
2. Stick tongue out half a centimetre past your teeth
3. Put tongue between teeth until you can feel both rows of teeth
4. Try to make the F sound
5. ???
6. Prothit!

even easier
1. make a sssss sound like a snake
2. put tongue between teeth and bite down very lightly
3. make ssss sound again
4. hory sheet!

>'Th' sound to vanish from English language
finally

t. Varg Vikernes

Depends on how mexicans pronounce "th".

>"thick" will be voiced as "fick"
FICK MINDERHEITEN

Lol what ze fuck

Naiß

I zink zis will not happen

One race
One government

>hammer and sickle
jej

It sounds like having dick in a mouth.

> niggerisation?
That's how everyone North of London talks, they're white than most people.

Take the dick out of your mouth first, Peter

Only in Europe

I am willing to guess that outside of Europe and former British Colonies, most people learn American English in school.

Niggers in the US have been pronouncing it as "dis" and "dat" for hundreds of years, no ones stopped saying "this" and "that" in the US because of them

Maybe things are different in London, I don't know

>it WILL disappear from English because people in the UK are stopping using it
>UK selfabsorbs think they are the only ones who speak english

niggas, when UK stops pronouncing "Th" I think it's safe to say they won't even be speaking English anymore lmao, we will be the only masters of the English language left

>Infahma
you no say daddy me snow me i go blame, a licky boom boom down

by 2066 your country will be 99% hispanic

>tfw have a lisp

I'm not surrounded by whitewash and can appreciate the wonders of each and every persons culture there is.

I can celebrate what my culture is all about and watch how others celebrate their own.
I can partake in other cultures practices and appreciate one anothers.
I can bring about my cultures stories to all others, and hear about all others.
It's a variety of experiences in society, as opposed to the same old and boring monoculture elsewhere. Try asking someone in a monoculture about another cultures stories and practices, what you'll get is general ideas and assumptions.

I hear a common argument about multiculturalism being that one is no longer able to promote their cultural ideals and practices, often coming from those with a multi-generational residence in their traditional nation. Is this really a true and tried argument? Are established residents with friends and family all over that established nation really scared that new residents of new cultures coming into their land, people who have relatively few to anyone in that nation as friends and family upon arriving, often owning no land or assets in that nation, is it really believed that they can cause a disruption in an existing population of a nation and it's cultures? I find that idea ridiculous, that a small percentage of people of one culture integrated into another but yet retaining some practices will be in any way threatening to that established base culture.

This is how english people speak.

Well, its Estuary english, which is rapidly becoming the way all english people speak.

I cannot stand the minor differences you've all made with your bastardization of the English language.
We can only hope that the integration of new languages will only bring about benefit to 'US' English.

By 2066 your country will be 99% Chinese corporation owned

This is how languages and dialects work my friends. Go back through English, and you'll find a lot of things that have just dropped off or been added.

Shit like this triggers my autism. You're both almost as retarded as me who made this comment.

The only way this could possibly happen is if all the whites are gone and the education system just says "fuck it" and dissolves into some Islamic Planet of the Apes scenario

Most spics can make the voiceless th sound at least, unless they've never heard of their former colonial master.

I think the voiced version might die though.

mexican food

Québécois maybe

If we get people eating this, we will save the Tasmanian economy.
Bless Eastern Europe.

"No"

ALL ACCORDING ZE PLAN

thanks god, it fucking sucks and sounds gay.

Hope the same for the spanish lisp

That shit took a couple of weeks to teach to me when I was, what, eleven years old. How do immigrants go through their entire Anglolingual school careers without learning it?

This.

vocaroo.com/i/s1dP7cduos1R

Its nothing to be ashamed of anglocucks
It just means your language will join the ranks of the other, non icelandic or faroese, nordic languages in their desire to become so simple that even someone with braindamage could learn it in a week.

>Mfw realizing Europeans can't tell the difference between w and v
>mfw you can identify Europeans even on other boards because they make a mistake in spelling or joke in their post that relies on the idea that w and v are the same sound

Embarrassing, they don't even realize they don't speak English well

Esto.

This is not necessarily bad. Languages evolve.

English had already become more simplified by the time of Shakespeare.

>Languages evolve.
They what now?

t. never seen a mice race woman

t. mixed race

>never seen a mice race woman
I... I want to see a mice race woman

Where do they live?

>mice race woman

Was hat er damit gemeint?

In the future it'll be "Commonwealf English" apparently.

This is completely idiotic. There has literally never been a successful prediction of a sound change like that. That said, even if "th" (that's actually 2 different sounds, most people are ignorant of that) does disappear from English, who cares? English has gained and lost many sounds over its history.

>t. Mickey Mouse

TFW my language has the TH sound, I never use it because of seseo (in latin america Z and C in front of E and I is pronounced like S) but I always use it in English.

tfw my LAnguAGE has The tH SoUNd, I NEVeR usE IT BECAusE OF SesEo (IN LATin aMErICa z aNd C IN fRONT of E AND i Is ProNOUNCeD LIKE s) BUT i AlWAYs uSe it IN EngLiSh.

>muh experiences

Old world Tribalism is not some kind of disneyland were you can visit funny chinatown and then turkeytown like an attraction.

It means you may get intimidated by your crush aisha's brothers to leave her alone because a mingling infidel would stain the familie's honour, it means falling into ethnic clusters who organize interest groups in order to shill for getting taxmoney funneled into their pockets somehow, it means your group's numbers have become thinner and mixing is an existential threat you counter with shaming, it means social divides so deep, kids divide themselves into ethnic tables when you enter a classroom.

Furthermore you anglos seem to be painfully unaware how much deeper and nuanced those "boring monocultures" can be (who are often divided into subcultures) as theyre usually around a thousand years longer then your colonial slate.

wtf I hate Argentina now

t. th

tfw native Brit and can't pronounce a proper 'th' sound, and can barely even hear the difference between 'th' and 'f' in speech

Good riddance.

>What's the advantages of multiculturalism anyway?

1. ethnic food
2. lower wages for all
3. ???

>England doesn't even speak it's own language anymore.
r-rule Britannia

Won't gonna happen. There are too much gays in "Anglothphere".

Says the Mexican and or Nigger

It has already lost most of its grammar and the GOAT letter Þþ, so what? English is ruined since 1066.