Is drinking in public legal in your country? Im surprised that in most countries it is legal...

Is drinking in public legal in your country? Im surprised that in most countries it is legal. Tbh im glad you cant in poland, I dont want to see drunk cunts wherever I go.

No but no one gives a shit if you do.

no but nobody's gonna stop you

Of course it's legal

We a free country and shiet

No one will stop you unless you get drunk and start making a dick of yourself.

Public drunkenss is illegal but noone gives a fuck.

The thing of putting your bottle in a paper bag always made me laugh.

I used to live in Austria where it's 100% legal and it didn't make any difference. Almost nobody ever does it besides the occasional worker having a can of beer on the tube home, the drunk people in parks barely bothered anybody. The only difference is that on special occasions like New Year's Eve people can celebrate on the street, and people can bring beer or wine to beaches and picnics (although most Europeans do this anyway whether it's legal or not). Honestly it makes absolutely no difference with it being legal, just like any other kind of prohibitive laws regarding intoxicants keeping public drinking illegal is useless and just annoying.

This

It isn't, because Mexicans are idiots when drinking and are animals when driving, wether you drink or not.

Illegal. Drinking in public will get you a fine and possibly a night in jail. As a borderline alcoholic I alway enjoy being in Europe where I can drink wherever I want, like a free man.

Depends were you live, but city centers it's often illegal, often were nightclubs and pubs are.

And if you to drunk the police will use LOB

And "LOB" is a law

Lagen om omhändertagande av berusade personer m.m. ("LOB" for short)

Also fun fact, there is an article in the french working code which says

"Alcool is forbidden in work places unless it is beer, wine, cider or pear cider."

It's generally not accepted but there is some places where you can work slightly drunk or stoned and it's ok, like handling work, cuisines or factories

There are no laws about it, but some cities, like Amsterdam, banned it.

of course it's illegal, this isn't Denmark

It is not illegal in Germany

Really? In most places in Stockholm you can get drunk just fine

I don't think so, there's usually a sign that says you can't drink alcohol in that area

it's prohibited on some squares and in some parks but that ban is in place so that the police can kick the hobos out of there if they have to
otherwise pretty much this

Technically illegal to walk around drinking a bottle of beer, but in practice cops don't care. If you have a brown paper bag especially, everybody will pretend they don't see it.

Is it illegal in Japan? Me and my gaijin friends did it more than once.

In theory it's illegal. But the law is basically there to adress the situations of lads in some park or public square at night with bottles of vodka and cocacola.

You're not gonna get stopped for drinking a can of beer while walking to somewhere.

it's legal at most places, but there are a few streets and even whole districts in Budapest where it's forbidden and the police can fine you anywhere between 15 and a 100 euros (depending on how drunk are you and if you did anything else other than doing as you're told)

I was fined only once for 15 euros, and I've also received a written warning

I have no idea

There's no national law against it, but it varies by state, county, and municipality.

Encouraged

Only people who drink out in public are niggers.

Drinking in public is fun you chode. What's wrong with you?

I live in Munich and it's currently Oktoberfest, so disgusting how many drunken people you see

>kids on Cred Forums don't get invited to parties in highschool and are too pussy to ask someone to buy them a drink so they go all edgy and straightedge and lie to themselves about having self control and being above others when in reality they're just scared

It's illegal in most places but no one cares unless you're in a really gentrified place or are being a drunken idiot. It's also technically illegal to be drunk at a bar, but it's only used if you become a danger to yourself or others.