Let's settle this once and for all - what cuisine do you prefer, Mexican or Italian?

Let's settle this once and for all - what cuisine do you prefer, Mexican or Italian?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7_Cjb4sSYkw
youtube.com/watch?v=8ZeCFjlULYc
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Mafia
thosewhocansee.blogspot.com/2012/09/were-you-assimilable.html?m=1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Patrick's_Battalion
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_14,_1891_lynchings
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mejican cuz I am 1

Mexican but I'm from the south west so we actually have good mexican food

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTHIIIS WILL BEEEEE THEEE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST CHICANO THREAD OF THE UNIVERSE

never tried mexican food tbqhwyf, so italian I guess

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAJ

I like both

Unpop opinion but America's greasy and cheesy version of the pizza is better than the italian one

Mex

idk. The closest thing I ever hate to mexican food are doritos.

Italian but both foods are great

not only unpopular, but wrong

Mexican is the most basic cuisine ever

Oh wow tortillas
Oh wow rice
Oh wow beans
Oh wow meat

SNORE!

>Mexican is the most basic cuisine ever

Wrong

Mexican food is street food and taco truck tier trash.
Italian food is elegant and classy, and also healthy, unlike greasy cheesy fat mexicANO food

Mexican by a mile
All Americans love Mexican food. That's just about the only thing we like about spics.
The only thing, spic.

Like you could handle it

Taco Bell doesn't count.

Mexican is for the poor here
Italian is for the rich here

I identify with the rich more since Italian immigrants weren't crime bringing, shit tier immigrants to America

Let's see.
One cuisine is overrated as fuck, created by digusting brown subhumans living the anus of the world, atrocious as fuck and worse than diarrhea.

The other is mexican cuisine.

>Italian immigrants weren't crime bringing, shit tier immigrants to America
>the fucking mafia

>Italian immigrants weren't crime bringing, shit tier immigrants to America

Apples and oranges.

If I am having a nice family meal I would prefer Italian but if I wanted something spicy with the lads I would choose Mexican.

this is just another salty gringo

this is still salty, but not that far from reality desu

>he thinks Taco Bell and Tex-Mex is mexican food

Why do Argies hate Italy so much?

they are just tsundere with them, it's like me and you

never felt like it, I think it's just one vocally assmad orangutan

The whole "mexican food is for poor people" is so wrong.

t. CHI

I like mexican but italian feels like cum with your mouth

argentinians don't think about SHITaly at all, why would we? no reason to.
we don't think at all about europe.

Pizza has become part and parcel of American cuisine in a way Spic food hasn't

1. Mexican food
2. American food
3. Italian food
4. Chinese food
5. Greek food

Did I miss anything?

>Did I miss anything?
yeah, spanish food

Indian is good

How about your country? I like paella. Could use more flavor though

American propaganda.

For example, is just a minimum part of the Mexican food. And it already covers everything, from street food to gourmet food, seafood, dairy products, bakery, bugs, candy, beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), beef, pork, sheep, chicken, vegetarian food, you name it.

that looks disgusting fám

Why is Northern European food so fucking disgusting?

What do you define as flavour? Paella tastes great as is.

Spanish is not top five ahaha the food is alright but overrated tbqh

Indian food is good but not top 5

Like something a little more stark, with a bit more kick.

>he doesn't like crab

Fucking pleb

What's wrong with you?

Doner kebab and Chicken tikka masala are good :^)

mexican is cheap spicy shit lol.

How can you even compare them

Italian food is just well-presented Mexican food

Not spicy either.

Have you ever had a donair? It's a döner kebab made to suit western palates better. Using spicy beef, and a sweet vinegary sauce.

Started in the Canadian Maritimes, now it's spreading like wildfire into Toronto and New York.

i didn't say i didn't like crab, I said that particular dish -looked- disgusting

>how can you even compare them
You're right, Italian food isn't even in a UNESCO list.

>mexicans only eat spicy food lmao
>also, spicy is bad for some reason

Italian

How?

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy good one paisano

there is literally nothing wrong in smuggling alcohol

italian

your words are full of hate, but deep down your heart you love us

there's plenty of argie heritagefags here that claim to be 99% italian

Mexican on a lunch break, Italian on a first date. They both have their time and place but I eat mexican more often because it's cheaper and readily available

The opposite I would say. Or maybe it is just one autist Argie who hates being related with Italians.

reminder that because of immigrants this is now Mexican food.

What about Mexican-Italian food? Good or not?

desu food is pretty shit in america/canada, we cant compete with latin america

>Mexican-Italian food?
The closest thing I can think of is this

I think you're wrong.

why?

Because America and Canada have lots of good foods and can definitely compete with Latin America.

There's like 3 dishes invented in america lmao

B8. But we don't get a very representative account of Mexican cuisine in the US. We think Chipotle is Mexican. We thank taco bell is Mexican. It is, as much as hot dogs and hamburgers are American.

I'd love to do a restaurant tour of places in DF or Oaxaca for a start. Watching US cooking shows by Rick Bayless and Pati Jinich on PBS really has my interest piqued. I've been playing with mole's this year.

I still prefer Italian, but only because I'm comfortable with it and know little of Mexican. I'd absolutely love for a local to show me the hidden Mexican 2-3 star cuisine.

wich is? sorry maybe its because im in quebec and culture wise people here are retarded but i dont see any typical canadian/american food that arent fast food

wot?

I don't know about italian, but mexican food will make you fat very quickly, with a ridiculous probability of contracting diarrhea along the way, it's a devillish poison that at the same time is deliciously perfect.

Just in my area, off the top of my head, we have local dulce, maritime seafood chowder, lobsterolls, candied maple salmon, tourtiere, poutine-râpée, fiddleheads, donairs, and butter tarts. All from this region, all tasty, and only donair counts as fast food.

That's one small geographic region of the Canadian Maritimes and Northern New England.

Truth is, specially in America, you know 1/20 of Italian food.
Italy has 20 Regions, each one with several specialities, All you know is pizza and maccheroni.

This fucking meme again.

Mexicans are fat because pic related is cheap as fuck, and you don't need to prepare it. Plus, us being the country that consumes the most high fructose/sugar beverages per capita in the world. Coca-Cola for example, but 1 litre juices are just as bad.

It is sugar the main thing that gets you fat, not grease. And a lot of our food doesn't have that much grease to beging with, it is only our fast food (which, again, it isn't the problem).

We have been eating those types of foods for decades, for fucking centuries, and obesity/diabetes are only a recent problem (since the 90s, to be precise). You know what type of food also became predominant since the 90s? Pic related.

I like spicy food. So Mexican please.

>eating American """chocolate"""" bars

Don't do that

lol no, spanish food is probably the most underrated mediterranean food at all

look just how many potato varieties

The same applies to us, desu. We have 32 regions, each one with several specialities.

Americans, and as a result, the rest of the world, only know Tacos and burritos.

We have the same problem desu = hollywood.

Well, I get your point in that the country was formed by immigration. There is very little that American can truly claim to have invented that is considered cuisine. Barbecue isn't "American". Neither are hot dogs. Or hamburgers. Or pizza. or....

But if there is anything we're good at it's 'fusion'. That is, we take things from all our different cultures and mix them up for something better. Like korean barbecue tacos.

Mexico has done the same. You have large middle eastern and asian communities in your country. (Osario Chong?) The lebanese gave you tacos al pastor. Etc.

what have mexiperros accomplished beside sombreros and tacos (which are not even that good of a food)?

>65562047
Italy has 20 regions.
Each one shittier than the other and
Also
>italian """food"""
Lmfao

Mexican. That mix between savory and spicy is just god-tier.

>mexiperros
kek zitto animale

el argentino macaco puto hijo de una mula

only thing considered local here is poutine, never heard about poutine rapee but if its similar to ours then its fast food

yo gusto ceviche
did i said that right hermano?

I thought Québec was the cultural capital of Canada? Is it actually the Maritimes?

And no, poutine-râpée is a boiled potato dumpling filled with meat, usually porc. Pic related

Once trump is elected I hope we outlaw Spic food in America

Italians aren't spics so they win

White cuisines always win

Me gusta el ceviche*
Or
A mí me gusta el ceviche*

It was a nice attempt, though. But to be fair, ceviche is a common dish in a lot of Latin American countries. Peruvian ceviche is the most famous, desu, but we have our own variation :D

argentinos muertos de hambre

youtube.com/watch?v=7_Cjb4sSYkw

sorry, but don't include us mediterraneans in your shitty orcish white subhuman race.
Thank you.

t.an Italian

why are argies obsessed with Mexicans and chicanos?

anyway, I don't like either. I fucking love Greek food though.

>cultural capital
only real difference is that we speak french,

I prefer starving than being italiANO

There's people still speaking Venetto in Puebla so that would be your best bet, most Mexicans should be familiar with Chipilo dairy products which are produced by them.

Having said so, Mexican food is fundamentally a Mediterranean cusine in many of it's basics such as the use of a sofrito which is also a standard in Italian, French and Spanish cuisine. Add to that we also share many ingredients, tomatoes are from Mexico and generally the basis of any dish labeled a la Mexicana or Mexican style eg Mexican rice, so there's quite a bit of overlapping, from Mexican pasta al guajillo to Italian Polenta.

Simple recipes from pommodoro, carbonara or bolognese to Milanesas or fried mortadela are basic stapples in most Mexican homes.

why you even reply to favelados?

and btw the poutine rapee looks good
trying my best to learn spanish, dad from sonora and i cant communicate with my cousin since i dont speak it

I honestly can't answer this. I wish more than anything that I was a Mexican or Italian restaurant owner in a foreign country with a large, overloving family.

>French

I like couscous and kibbeh too! :^)

>Mexican boasting about food
>list countless dishes
>okay this all sounds good
>notice Chocolate
>laugh
>look it up on wikipedia
>Chocolate LITERALLY was invented by Mexicans, or early settlers in Mexico

being American sucks because you get taught all sorts of bullshit, like that Belgium invented chocolate. never been more bewildered in my life.

haha

>White cuisines always win

My family all came from Germany and Scotland in the past 80 years. German food sucks. The only thing worse than German food is Scottish food, whatever that shit is.

You can only eat so much pig, cabbage, apples, and potatoes before you go nuts and decide to invade people with better food.

Sorry, I reject all claims about "white food". We fought wars over spice trade routes for a good reason.

This is true.

Chorizo, Churros, Chicharron, Bacalao, Arroz con Leche, Menudo are all Iberian, but since we have our very distinct variations as a result of different ingredients and 500 years of adaptation, they are part of our food as well.

Or french bakery that also got adapted when they tried to rule us. Bolillos and baguetes, orejas and palmier, etc. And yes, even Tacos al pastor (kebab style pork) from Lebanese immigrants.

but you are italiANO, José Bianchi

>Chipilo
most of them are from Segusino, a village near where I live

There are literally no differences between Mexicans and italians
They look the same, they sound the same when they speak, their flags are identical, their cuisine is glorified by americans....
No difference

el argentiANO

(Tú)

Italians are white. Mexicans aren't

wikipedia that shit homie, get your mind right.

Mexicans LITERALLY and OFFICIALLY have more whites LOL

yes we are bro with the glorious aztecs, not with sudacas that can't even defend some small shitty island near them

Good bait lol

I worked for a Swiss analytical instrument company for years. We supported the chocolate industry very well. And yes, Swiss chocolate is THAT much better. I matters.

The secret of Swiss chocolate, indeed all chocolate, is in the tempering of the cocoa butter. Cocoa is important, but the way you temper the cocoa butter determines the mouthfeel and flavor release. American chocolate companies won't spend the time to temper it to the proper polymorph. Swiss do. Americans don't care. Swiss do. It makes a huge difference. So much so that every time I flew to Zurich for meetings I was required to bring back 10lb of Swiss chocolate for the US office.

It's not so much who invented something, but who perfects it.

How much Mexican food is native based and how much is Iberian based?

I always thought it was 75% native

similar quality chocolate is made also in Piemont

In America Italian food is universally regarded as high class

Not Mexican food

we are proto latinos, not white barbarians. Mexicans just have more native american admixture

Popcorn and chewing gum are also from Mexico.

This user right here. We need more people like this in this country.

I like the Chipilo cream,not even talking about the commercial stuff but the real thing, it's fucking heavenly. At some point in the last two decades unfortunately the country seems to have switched to American style sour cream so completely I've unironically found articles stating it is the traditional type used in our country.

Maybe it's the Italian influence but Puebla has IMHO the most beautiful girls in the country and I'm from Sinaloa state which is usually one of the most celebrated for its women.

Hard question, and I don't know to be honest.

Odd. Because we're finding Mexican Crema a lot more available in our supermarkets.

I don't know whether it's real Crema because I have no frame of reference. And that's the problem with Mexican cuisine being imported to America. It's Americanized. Thank Mondelez and Bimbo, both who have factories all over the midwest US.

I like both, but Italian is better imo. Italian is more expensive though.

Swiss chocolate is pretty awesome but have you tried the artisanal chocolate of Oaxaca? You can get pretty technical on this stuff but traditional production methods have been perfected over centuries and are preserved/prefered for a reason. Case in point I've never had hot chocolate outside of Mexico that was anything close to decent, even if they don't use fucking powder they're using dark chocolate that wasn't specifically made for this purpose. Add real Papantla vanilla to the mix (which we also originated) cinamon and the use of a traditional molinillo to get it frothy no one gets even close.

Mexican
t. CHI

youtube.com/watch?v=8ZeCFjlULYc

I lost brain cells reading this

I don't know man, we have great food, but despite the fact that Chocolate originated here, we don't have the best IMHO. Euros are better at that, even if you take traditional methods into account. But meh, that's just me.

is she an argentinian who came back to motherland?

no an afroamerican cute that lives here

Neither. Red sauce is shitty.

Brown gravy master-race for life.

It's all opinions in the end, I've had Swiss chocolate and while arguably it may have been the touristy stuff and not their best it was far from beating the good stuff I've had here. There are more than a couple of chocolateur shops in Mexico City so a lot of the more advanced tecniques are also available here.

Now if we are talking stuff like chocolate truffles or bonbones I'll agree the Swiss/Austrians/french are probably the best, still that's a relative as well, there might be a fucking genius in the US or Japan that makes it better.

kek

she's not cute though.

This is an afro american cutie

The Italians were the mexicans of their time you idiot. Like the Irish.

I don't remember a massive Italian crime wave in American history

beauty is subjective, also she looks more african than american

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Mafia

Mexicans>African-Americans>>>>>>>>>ital*ans

She looks Argentinian to me.

I will make you an offer you can't refuse

>since Italian immigrants weren't crime bringing, shit tier immigrants to America
uuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Italians were pretty peaceful. Finns and Irish were violent
thosewhocansee.blogspot.com/2012/09/were-you-assimilable.html?m=1

if we didn't import mafia, USA wouldn't have all those cool gangster movies and tv series.

I'm replying to an American, a Mexican and an Argentinian at this very moment and the possibility that each of them will be reading my post in the next 10 minutes is very high.

What an amazing time to be alive... it really makes me think

this, we were oppressed and poor because we were not protestants and north europeans like the other white americans. You americans created mafia, you made us into criminals.

From hate you reap hate.

and irish are our bros too... isn't that funny?

You're wrong and you must be Italian yourself. Even the fucking Italian poster disagrees with you. Italians were even worse than Mexicans. They weren't considered white, and were referred to as "wops".

This idea that ITALIANS, possibly the most damaging immigrant wave we've ever gotten, were somehow crime free and peaceful is just about the most absurd thing I've ever fucking seen.

just today I saw a documentary, Italian immigrants were 1/5 of total euros that immigrated to the Americas from 1860 till 1920s

Show me proof for your claims

realmente me hace pensar
was this like the mexican version of the french foreign legion?

It's not easy to provide a source for this, since the internet didn't exist back then, and there was a massive effort to remove the stigma from Italians and the mafia.

No man, that's in memory of the Irish soldiers who defected from the US side and fought for Mexico in the Mexican-American war

You don't know about the Saint Patrick's Battalion? They are fucking heroes here.

During the Mexican-American war, several Irish deserted from your army to help us, because people from your army were destroyinf catholic churches and stuff.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Patrick's_Battalion

>The Saint Patrick's Battalion formed and led by John Riley, was a unit of 175 to several hundred immigrants (accounts vary) and expatriates of European descent who fought as part of the Mexican Army against the United States in the Mexican–American War of 1846–8.

>Composed primarily of Catholic Irish and German immigrants, the battalion also included Canadians, English, French, Italians, Poles, Scots, Spaniards, Swiss, and Mexican people, many of whom were members of the Catholic Church.

yes, we are clearly black
if it wasn't for badass italians and niggers your country would be just another canada lol

I went to school in the south. You seriously think they will teach anything that deep in Mexican History. That is like me expecting you to know about Natt turner's Inserrection.

I will help you: search for lynched italians

>Mexican-American war
>They were part of your army

Come on man, I'm not asking you to know things about our revolution (aside from your army trying to hunt down Pancho Villa and the Border War, maybe the Zimmerman telegram).

I read it after 11 minutes, I'm sorry

> this is why the world hates us

Well this is what Cred Forums is for. Now because of you, I can learn things schools censored. I never knew we burned catholic churches, though anti catholic sentiment has always been a thing here.
aka the kkk.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_14,_1891_lynchings

Americans loved their lynching back then. You could get lynched for anything.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_14,_1891_lynchings
They probably all the deserved it, knowing how dishonest and corrupt italians tend to be. Those were better times when Americans actually had a pair.

Italians were the first major criminal people we got, and it's not surprising people began to hate them, and that there was tons of pro-italian media bias and excuses.

Sure. If I was from a crime culture, I too would equate the common criminal behaviors as "anything". Since you could throw a dart at a board filled with common behaviors and actions of criminal people, and it'd probably hit something that civilized westerners consider immoral and heinous.

Disgusting, when will america pay us reparations?

We discovered their shitty land and helped exploring them, we brought edible food and the one true faith (catholicism), and this is how they repay us?

I say let them vote for trump and then leave them in their our shit. No more help from us.

it's exaclty the opposite of what you are saying
they dindu nuffin
the american media were all against the italians

it's all written there, if you were capable to read
also you sound really bigot for being a young american in 2016

>he fell for the white italians meme

The Irish were here first, but they were also our first gang syndicates. The outrage was a reason for the anti-irish sentiment in the US just after the civil war. The fact that most of them settled in the Union didn't help.

The Italians came during the period of urban industrialization of the 1890s-1930s.

So the rat-faced irish gang bastards came first. And the greasy mafia fuckers came later.

Happy?

Oh Italy please colonize us savages. We need the descendants of the mighty Roman Empire to rescue us from our barbarism!

Captcha: ISLA DE POLICE

Why are americans so racist against us, brother? 9/11 best day of my life

So the moral of the story is... Fuck all Catholic people? I agree.

You are catholic, Cletus. Only that you haven't realized it yet.

fuck off faggot italians came here a couple generations ago yet your family has been here for 10 and youre still sitting in a trailer fucking your sister

neck yourself

Peruvian

Apparently it now falls to us as a burden to continue civilizing the northern barbarians

You italian posters are almost indistinguishable from mexican posters, except you have even worse english skills.

Are you next going to say Italy's shitty state is because we buy your drugs?

Based mexibro

sory I dont barbarico

do you live really make still this distinction between catholics and all those meme evangelican cults?
I bet you live in a trailer park and was homeschooled in beliving the Creation and all that bullshits

Shouldn't you be scamming somebody, or weaving an intricate web of lies to all your friends for no reason, you fucking arab looking pasta eating wop?

Actually you have a good point. We are not that far apart.

Imagine the global power of Pan America vs those fuckers.

We only have two languages to deal with. (yeah, fuck francois and portugxxxxx) We actually could make it happen. First world vs Old World.

Just an idea.

Catholics seem to be garbage criminal people. Mexicans, Italians, Irish. All people who are/were crime ridden.

Makes sense though, Catholicism doesn't require you to be righteous. You can go to church every sunday then be a criminal degenerate for the rest. You're a bunch of savage animals pretending to be human for 1 day out of the week.

t. lives in idaho and learned everything about the east coast from movies

hahahahah wtf is that insult.. i bet you drink luke warm water ahahah

dude I totally can uderstand your anger, if you are white and non-catholic american you are definetely part of the minority now.
btw I am not catholic myself

I'm off to sleep now, stay safe in the trailer and pay attention to the fire

I live on the west coast and have been around Italians my entire life. You guys think nothing of being dishonest. You constantly insult people behind their back. You guys dodge taxes, steal, and run scams and other schemes.

I'd trust an irishman before a mexican, a mexican before an italian.

do you think italian-americans have something to do with italy?
I'm really starting to understand how trump has arrived where he is now

Italian culture came with the italians to the US. Many Italians in the US fully assimilated and even forgot they're italian, but Italians in Italy stayed shit. Italians in Italy now offer a glimpse into how Italian immigrants were when they got here.

>american education

Italian
Not even a close comparison

stop talking about things you don't know nothing about, you never been out of your village, let alone italy or elsewhere.
your only knowledge is a collection of shitposts from Cred Forums

Italian, I live around too many Mexicans to like them lol

Where in the west coast? I've never seen these "Italian" communities before

>stop talking about things you don't know nothing about
Nice double negative. Are you a nig- hah why am I asking, of course you are. Also
>you never been out of your village
Village? Jesus, Italy is worse than I thought.

Monterey.

>I get triggered by the word village

Wow, no one ever told me the Donair was a Canadian adaptation of the doner kebab. There's a mediterranean donair house near my high school where I used to eat lunch, very delicious wraps.

I don't know if Turkish cuisine is top 5 but is definitely up there with the greats. Their experience with food (esp. meat) is pretty vast, even many European dishes are influenced by them.

From what I understand a Greek family brought their Greek adapatation of the Turkish döner kebab to Halifax in the mid 20th century, they weren't very popular with the yogurt based sauce (I assume tzatziki) and lamb meat. So they changed it up a bit using ingredients common to postwar Canadians, beef instead of lamb, and a sauce of vinegar, sugar, and canned milk (sometimes garlic). It was an instant success and just keeps spreading.

You ruined his amazing time

>not drinking a nice, crisp jarritos everyday for lunch and dinner

I think you're kinda autistic.

Tamarindo sucks compared to the other flavors

Both are alright but i like Mexican food a bit more

I like it. It has an almost spicy, refreshing taste. Not spicy like chili pepper spicy though. Dunno how to explain it. This brand is also nice. Green apple is based

>Queso Oaxaca
TRIGGERED
Is called quesillo you dirty Chilango fag.

japanese food

Nobody calls it like that. I have Oaxaco friends who also get triggered by that.

Also.

because you're a defeño fag that thinks the world ends in an abruptly void after Neza.

Not really, and I the north everyone calls it Queso Oaxaca.

Argentangutan

Pupusas are from El Salvador

And that one is Argentinian.

Although we eat it in tacos (tacos de suadero).

Where were you when the amerilards tried to turn the italians against us but we lowkey ended up being bros?

I have always wanted to try some actual precolumbian style chocolate.

That's your fault for not civilizing the natives of your colonies, Juan.

Mexican

mexico invented chocolate

beat that

where are the chapulines? (fried grasshoppers)

Italian food ofc

mehico food.

Italian

>mexico invented chocolate
You mean your tap water looks like chocolate.

At least our pants don't look full of chocolate.

>Mexico

Mexican. Italian is great too but I wasn't raised on pasta enough to develop a strong affinity for it.

Though even then I'm kind of used to tex-mex more than proper Mexican.

t. el paisa

have you been making more of these and you handt told me?
post the rest of the newer ones pls

Holy shit that webm gave me diarrhea