In 1687, the Parthenon was extensively damaged in the greatest catastrophe to befall it in its long history...

>In 1687, the Parthenon was extensively damaged in the greatest catastrophe to befall it in its long history. As part of the Great Turkish War (1683-1699), the Venetians sent an expedition led by Francesco Morosini to attack Athens and capture the Acropolis. The Ottoman Turks fortified the Acropolis and used the Parthenon as a gunpowder magazine – despite having been forewarned of the dangers of this use by the 1656 explosion that severely damaged the Propylaea – and as a shelter for members of the local Turkish community. On 26 September a Venetian mortar round, fired from the Hill of Philopappus, blew up the magazine, and the building was partly destroyed. The explosion blew out the building's central portion and caused the cella's walls to crumble into rubble. Greek architect and archaeologist Kornilia Chatziaslani writes that "...three of the sanctuary’s four walls nearly collapsed and three-fifths of the sculptures from the frieze fell. Nothing of the roof apparently remained in place. Six columns from the south side fell, eight from the north, as well as whatever remained from eastern porch, except for one column. The columns brought down with them the enormous marble architraves, triglyphs and metopes." About three hundred people were killed in the explosion, which showered marble fragments over nearby Turkish defenders and caused large fires that burned until the following day and consumed many homes.

The Muslims used the greatest architectural marvel even built by man as a gunpowder storage. Now Muslims are blowing up timeless historical sites.

Really makes you think huh?

wh*te subhumans destroyed it like they destroyed rome and many ancient civilizations.

You literally bulldozed every single important historical site in Constantinople you savage.

You mean Germanic subhumans. Don't know why you say 'white', it doesn't really mean anything at all tbqh.

nice mene. filthy wh*tes did it during 4th crusade.

Are you retarded? Oh wait, you're a Turk.

nice ad-hominem retard. oh wait you are a wh*te

Crusaders and barbarians destroyed the civilized world completely, the Turks only invaded, changed up a few things, and kept it.

And did they destroy the Parthenon completely? No, they only used it as gunpowder storage and when it blew up, didn't fuck with it any further.

In fact, if there's anyone we should be blaming, its the Venetians who fired upon it instead of firing with smaller guns as to not damage it greatly.

Literally, Turks did nothing wrong.

kill yourself convert

You're a fucking moron dude. An ad-hominem is all you deserve.

>convert
I'm being an unbiased historian here, fgt.

And I'm not even Muslim.

Srsly learn2history

>Crusaders and barbarians destroyed the civilized world completely

Define barbarian.

Explain to me how the Crusaders destroyed the civilised world as you claim.

It's weird how euphorics hate churches but love pagan temples. All that energy drink and chronic masturbation are damaging their brains.

>define barbarian
Somebody who went against the might of Rome.

>explain to me how the Crusaders destroyed the civilized world as you claim

Well, they sacked Constantinople alot, like the Turk said, and left it for dead. This is a point you ignored from him and I will re-iterate it.

Plus when the Turks invaded the city in 1453, the other Christian nations didn't even bother to send more reinforcements or failed to do so.

The Turks only sacked it once then left it as it is, thus making them better preservers.

>Somebody who went against the might of Rome.

So Rome was the civilised world? You do realise that the Romans were barbarians too at first right? When they conquered Greece the Greeks laughed at the Romans. Times change though, and the new surpasses the old. This is a major point in history. Too bad you are uneducated and are unaware of this.

>Well, they sacked Constantinople alot, like the Turk said, and left it for dead. This is a point you ignored from him and I will re-iterate it.

Eastern Roman empire was the fake Roman empire. Sorry bud, but that's how it is. Also the Turks did inhabit the shell of the empire, not because they were some sort of Classicists, but because they were unable to build anything greater. Just like the mongols did really. You conquer land, but allow the old government to continue its operation.

>You do realise Romans were barbarians too at first right?

Romans were never barbarians, even at first. They did things better than others, this is what makes you not a barbarian. And thus the Greeks were barbarians anyways as they could not defend themselves effectively against a much better army.

And a much better army really shows how much better you are than the other nation.

>times change, and the new surpasses the old
Ofc, but the old sucks ass, which is why Rome won everytime.

And I really hate how you fags make fun of us, even at history, when I'm clearly better than you now in history and in so many things as a nation.

>Eastern Roman Empire was fake
If that's true, then why did it constitute as the Roman Empire? They shared similar culture with the Romans even if the language was different.

Also
>Turks
>not building anything greater
And this is why they were meant to be conquerors, not faggot pussies sitting around.

>Eastern Roman Empire was the fake Roman Empire
Stopped reading there.

This. Fucking crusaders weren't saints

Indeed Aussie, it really makes you think that, Crusaders, the fighters of the religion we are deeply ingrained with, were actually more evil than their Muslim contemporaries at the time.

Doesn't mean you should still hold onto the Elgin Marbles

The Brits basically looted Greece and Egypt during the height of the British Empire. Many of the artifacts are still in British hands and are a source of contention with these countries. So shut up and pot kettle black.

>greatest architectural marvel even built by man

"Greeks" back then spoke Albanian and herded goats. They didn't care about the ruins around them. There was no reason to since it wasn't their culture that built them.

Mehmet detected.

Greeks back then were a hodge-podge of races. Albanians in Greece were the warrior class that were invited by Byzantines, venitians, Catalans and Turks to settle in Greece. This is why much of the heroes of the Greek independence war were in fact Albanian. The rest being Slavs, Armenians, Vlachs, Arabs, and Turks.

your a dorable

Albanian ethnicity is a 20th century invention based on a 16th century crime report
Even slav nations seem ancient to your history

I thought the shitalians did that.
The whites destroyed Greece not the Turks.

This fuck europe

The whites did the same
Burn them all

ISIS has been doing that since they became a thing
Doesn't surprise me.

>Literally, Turks did nothing wrong.
They were shit

And Americans one of the oldest mosques in Iraq as a watchtower during the war and it was destroyed.

Subhuman non white

Subhuman analbanian
Never trust mew world flags

That is a good thing because islam is shit

>build mosques not walls ok

>ITT:

mongols and turkics are subhumans
all nomad people are subhumans

>The Acropolis was besieged twice during the Greek War of Independence, once by the Greeks and once by the Ottoman forces. During the first siege the Greeks offered the besieged Ottoman forces, who were attempting to melt the lead in the columns to cast bullets, bullets of their own if they would leave the Parthenon undamaged

the romans considered germans to be the worst kind of sunhumans too

>Germans are sunhumans

Sunhumans, I like that. Germans are bright and blonde.

ah fuck, you get what I was saying anyway

>basically looted
Thats far better than bulldozing.

Why don't Greeks fix it?

>Even slav nations seem ancient to your history

Why do Greeks always shit on us? We never harmed any Greek, we even took some Greek refugees during the cold war and all we get in return is hate.

The Greeks too

Not for Greece

Nobody cares about you

>greeks massacre latins in constantinople
>latins sack constantinople

>cherry pick an event about turks where VENETIANS fired on the pathenon and destroyed it
wh*te logic

Μost of your fucbois are assholes
Bulgarians
Croatians
Ukrainians
Bosnians
>we even took some Greek refugees during the cold war
the problem is you didn't kill them

>And this is why they were meant to be conquerors, not faggot pussies sitting around.

Can you even read yourself?

>They did things better than others, this is what makes you not a barbarian. And thus the Greeks were barbarians anyways as they could not defend themselves effectively against a much better army.
>Americans in charge of defining the word barbarian

>a much better army
Pyrrhus of Epirus destroyed the Roman army countless of times
Most of the battles the Romans fought against the Greeks they had Greek allies

Oh and "Captive Greece captured her rude conqueror" - Horace

Epirotes were barbarians like the Macedonians, they weren't Greek. If you want to credit a Greek defeating a Roman army use Xanthippus.

We laek slavs irl desu just bantz

>this analbanian subhuman

your life and genetics are so trash you only speak shit in chinese imageboards, if you dared to open your shit filled analbanian mouth here you would be hanged from your dick

Albanians will always be slavic fuckboys. Goats and manure are more human than analbanians

now back to your country