London

>London
>Paris
Which city do you think is better and why?

strawpoll.me/11338171

Other urls found in this thread:

goo.
youtu.be/lay8aZlsbB0
youtube.com/watch?v=JfkDzXuWhkk
youtube.com/watch?v=zmg5A6m7krU
youtube.com/watch?v=yJQMz-fZzC0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

non is better, both are worse

London

Don't know

Live in Paris, have been to London maybe 5 times
London seems more exotic, for obvious reasons.

I've seen more fancy sports cars there, probably because London City, Monarchy and high inequality.

It's always fun to see their phone booths, double deckers and taxis.

Also one big difference is that Paris is quite State-planned : all buildings are the same white haussmanian buildings, same height, same style, same color.
Architecturally, London is more messy, but more diverse.

Now the idea that London is bigger than Paris is a misconception. (just on paper, because the Grand Paris is still not complete, so some figures still say 2m inhabitants for Paris, while for the urban area, it's between 11 and 12m)

Last thing : here London doesn't get all the memes Paris gets for being a city, but the truth is that London has so many colored people that it's already ruled by one, muslim mayor.
Paris has terror attacks, but London had its share a few years ago.

London has bad weather. Museums are partly free, not in Paris.

It might be a meme, but I think Paris hasn't let cars take over their city as much as London has, so I'd go with Paris.

Though both are Islamic shitholes now because of rapefugees.

>Architecturally, London is more messy, but more diverse.
I think that's largely due to WWII

Paris

Bombings can have an opposite results : start again from scratch with a better design. While London remained messy.
No ideas about the details, though.

I'd say Paris but I'm obviously biased since it feels exotic.

Both are awesome but I like more Paris because I know more about its history, and even though I love rainy weather I feel like it could get old after a while, plus I like hearing people speaking French, so I have to pick Paris without a doubt.

- went to London with my parents and another time with the school, we saw the tourist things (meh...)
- twice with friends, we went to the big Parks and did some shopping
- once for a friend's bday, her bf lived in Pimlico, really posh area with the Victorian houses, flashy white, greek columns. Had a drink with some of her friends in Chelsea, discussed Will Self and french lit. Drank my first Red Bull (was b& in France), took a London cab.
- once alone, I got lost searching for the Rough Trade record store in greater London, stumbled apon Notting Hill. Wen to the Tate Modern, Victoria and Alberts Museum. Tried to see a concert in Brixton Academy (a really bad area)

Paris
- touristy stuff with parents and/or school. Eiffel Tower, the fucking Louvre...
- with friends we went to concerts, clubbing, shopping
- first time alone I went to the Rex Club, I had a hotel nearby. The night watchman was very mad because I woke him up at 5am, apparently he waited for me for several hours, because I told no one I would get back so late. Damn, I remember Paris held so much promises back then. Such a huge playground for ambition... Visited Matignon once, the PM offices.

Does pic related happen often in Paris and London or is it just a meme?

nah, it is (was?) only one street, this one goo.
gl/maps/515owbsUpCp (95% sure, maybe the next street)

Actually I worked 100m from there for a year, but as I never got to this street on a friday, I never saw that crowded street prayers.
Pretty sure that since then they opened a mosque (on the map you can see Mosque Omar, next street)

maybe your pic was taken here though goo.
gl/maps/xCM7Bo1c8p32

yes, the photo was taken there. It's near Bd Barbès.

honestly, there's no reason to go to Barbès if you don't look for drugs or multikulti shops. I heard Beyonce went there once and loved it. It's little Africa.

bump

It happens often in all of Europe desu, looks comfy.

>Though both are Islamic shitholes now because of rapefugees.

Nice meme faggot.

>looks comfy.
Are you the Trotskyist?

He actually believes that unironically

London because it's more fun

Paris

It has more English speakers than London because of American tourists.

they're both pretty good but obviously london is better
it's based that you can catch a train in 2 hours between them

I visited both. London is definitely better.

>St. Pancras vs. Gare du Nord

like night and day, Paris is 3rd world.

I love London.

London. I have never been to Paris but I dont think Paris would impress me like London. Great city.

>Drank my first Red Bull (was b& in France)
for what porpoise

I would honestly never want to set foot in London - it's ugly, it's teeming with pakis and jamaican niggers, it has shit weather and it's expensive as fuck
I've been to Paris twice now, and although it's also filled with shitskins, it is still a beautiful, historically and architecturally rich city

None of them is good. However, I hate anglos, so I would pick Paris.

I don't think there's really a difference, both are just globalized megalopolis and are in the end very similars, so you really judge them just on the monuments and architecture etc... i'd go with Paris because if i want an anglo capital, i'll go for NY.

Is France a developed country?

youtu.be/lay8aZlsbB0

I am not going to feel sorry for London. They have bombed the Netherlands over 600 times with the Americans during the war. Amsterdam, Rotterdam (2x), Utrecht, Nijmegen, Groenlo, Venlo, Den Haag, Enschede, Deventer, Zupthen, Doetinchem, Alkmaar, Enschede, Arnhem, Enkhuizen, Middelburg, Eindhoven, Amersfoort, Breskens, Hulst, etc...

It was just banter m8

One is Islamabad, the other is Lagos. Are you new here?

They're both smelly, loud full of darkies and exist only thanks to usury.

>London cons
The brits
>Paris cons
The niggers

youtube.com/watch?v=JfkDzXuWhkk

Yes, banter........

They are both terrible and should be nuked.

>You will never experience 1950s Paris or London
JUST

Wew lad, 1965 in Paris:
youtube.com/watch?v=zmg5A6m7krU

London is as white as Argentina

>London
>Brits

you've obviously never been there. It's mostly pakis/indians and euro expats

Makes me sad.

I live near London and have visited Paris several times. Both are shitty. Visit smaller towns/the countryside instead.

That was nice of you to say.

Just out of curiosity, what did you have for breakfast?

London is 95% third world shithole and 5% rich bankers, I haven't been to Paris in awhile but I assume its similar

But...you could do exactly the same footage today..

Except there would be niggers and Muslims everywhere today.

Why did you let them in then ?

Chocolate croissant, orange juice and coffee/cigarette...w-why?

And a shit ton of Asian tourists

I didn't. I'm not in charge of British or French immigration policy.

There was already a lot of North African immigration in the 60's, learn a bit of history. Where do you think that gloomy "painter" in Montmartre in the video comes from? And as today,they were mostly confined in the African district and in the suburbs.

>I'm not in charge of British or French immigration policy.
That's not what Wikipedia says

I-I was imagining you ate pain au chocolat.
>tfw nowhere to get a nice pain au chocolat around here

I've been found out.

1960s was the decade when baby boomers were allowed to vote.

youtube.com/watch?v=yJQMz-fZzC0

>60'
The decade of dudeweedlmaos going to the ballot box.

there are 300 000 frenchmen in london

I've visited both and London looks comfier, but I don't think any is better than the other, both are just overcrowded capital cities.

There are no pakistanis in London

both are shitholes.

paris is more beautiful.

Paris obviously.

As someone who's been to both and live in both. London is far and away the better city.

Paris has one thing going for it, classical architectural beauty, large boulevards lined with cafes, nice little quaint streets. Paris is the artist's dream city. But it is dirty as fuck, there are homeless people everywhere and gypsy scum, negros and arabs pollute the city in a big way. French people are snobby and arrogant too. The subway is disgusting and smells like piss.

London is far more cosmopolitan, much more energetic, it feels like a global capital that attracts the best and the brightest. It is clean, it is modern and just a much nicer city overall compared to Paris.

There is a reason why hundreds of thousands of French have immigrated to London while the reverse is not true. London is literally France's second largest city.

Take the eurostar from St Pancras London to Gare du Nord in Paris and the difference is night and day. It feels like you leave a modern and clean metropolis and arrive into an African slum filled with gypsys trying to steal your wallet.

London is filled with the best universities in the world, the best banks and companies. Paris has shitty dying French companies that are all going bankrupt. London is a much whiter city than Paris and definitely feels a lot richer.

Fucking this. I hated Paris, it is the asshole of western Europe. London may have it's problems but it is still a pretty cool place to visit, and I cant say the same about Paris.

A few weeks ago I went into a convenience store in London to buy a beer. I asked for directions and the Paki shopkeep told me to get fucked. I thought it was kind of funny desu.

Basically this.

London's skyline looks 100 times more interesting at night than during the day

fucking walkie talkie always pisses me off

Gotta be Paris, Londonistan is a total shithole

London because there are no parisians there

Listen up Pierre, I have been all through your country and the rest of you are no better than the Parisians. Rude assholes the lot of you.

Thanks! ;_;

There's at least 300k French there, maybe even more and I'd wager most are from Paris.

Paris is just a meme city

How do you figure?

Interesting analysis

It's still one of the richest cities on the planet, has the first buisness district in Europe, is currently considered after the silicon valley as the most dynamic and interesting technological center in the world, has the most numerous start-ups etc...

fpbp
both suck

this

starbucks sells them here and they're alright

>Architecturally, London is more messy, but more diverse.
So shitier

>all buildings are the same white haussmanian buildings
Comfy as fuck
For opposite visit non-central Zagreb

> Museums are partly free, not in Paris.
Fuck "free" shit

london shut down fabric, which I was really excited to go see.

I think paris edges out london for me

because taurine

red bull was finally introduced in France with no taurine, and less cafeine than in a cup of coffee (taurine was added later)

it is beautiful from uptop but when you travel there, it smells like pee and dirty worse than london

>are you new here
>basing your opinion on cities on /int / memes

>Fuck "free" shit
Stupid

Swiss Alps or French Alps?

Pyrenees

Alps are shit

Both filled with rapefugees. So I'm good for now. Maybe Prague, they seem pretty anti muzzie.

>if i want an anglo capital, i'll go for NY.

Shouldn't you go for Washington, then?

>the years of De Gaulle, Pompidou and Giscard d'Estaing

dudeweedlmaos as fuck, those years

Lets see...

Paris
>Surrendered to the Germans
>Is 95% muslim
>Has at least one public massacre every year

London
>Only alpha city other than New York
>Very non-white, but Indians > Muslims
>People speak English

I live 10km away from Paris and have never in my life seen this happen. The roads here are pretty good, I call meme

Paris was basically completely redesigned in the 19th century. London had a similar opportunity to rebuild after the Great London Fire, but the government decided to be nice and let everyone keep their old land titles. Since property boundaries were largely self reported, everyone added a little bit of area to their land. That's why the streets are so narrow and twisty.

I fucking second this, go to the french countryside, you will love it

I'm a huge britboo, so I'm picking London. I'm sure Paris is nice but I'd be living my dream.

400000 now
6th biggest french city

>Both filled with rapefugees.
Britain barely took any refugees, we have enough problems already with the pakis.

How do you view our capital? Better or worse than Paris and London?

The only worthy city in Eurpe is Roma

Pari and London are degenerate slums of the west. Nuke nuke

Way better than both as far as i'm concerned, i find it comfy,human and really nice to visit.

>The only worthy city in Eurpe is Roma
t. Amerilard who has never been in Roma.
Roma is dirty, lousy, full of tourist traps and has people way more rude than even the parisians.

Oh, that's really nice. We can't beat your île-de-cité though

I voted London. It's simple, London has those residential suburbs INSIDE of the city, like small house that are attached to each others, i think they call that Victorian and cottage houses. That is great and something that doesn't even exist in Paris (well, it exists but it's just a small are of one or two streets, it's exceptional but your chances living in those are close to 0)

other than that both are traffic hellholes, pollution ridden, migrants swarmed shitholes with arrogant and elitist 'people'

>Both filled with shitskins who wants to rob you or kill you in name of alla

No, thanks

two muslim infested shitholes

I was in Amsterdam a few months ago and I hardly saw any Muslims until I went into a random store to get some Dutch candies and the entire shop was staffed by Muslims.

Cred Forums and Cred Forums always made me assume Amsterdam would be full of Muslims but there were far more British tourists.

Oddly enough, a guy ran in and starting arguing with them and screamed ALLAHU AKHBAR! and I honestly thought he was going to blow himself up.

>1950's London
-Half of London is still rubble/beeds to be built again.
-Rationing still in effect
-major smog

I live in London and honestly it's pretty great, I have never been to paris though, I do want to one day.
All the memes about London on here basically tell me I shouldn't trust what I read on here, I'm sure Paris is great.

Just watch your pockets
t.almost victim to the shoulder barge with hand in backpack theft