If you had to live in one state which one would it be?

If you had to live in one state which one would it be?

deceased state lol

Anywhere in the West (except nevada). Colorado, California, maybe get a ton of land in Idaho or Montana.

Minnesota

pic related

Canada.

Utah

Colorado
>still some remaining wild west feel
>has a major city if I need one but is mostly rural and you can choose to be left alone if that's what you prefer
>beautiful scenery and mountains
>DUDE

Oregon

Great Britain

Texas.

Hawaii far from niggers and white people

Hawaii

Colorado
I moved to New England, and I miss CO every fucking day. Goddamn, I miss that place so much.

Portland is boring but cosy.

Depends on which northern state is the comfiest.

I heard Minnesota is pretty comf.

>Minnesota
>flat and wet
>goofy accents
Yeah, I'm sure you'd feel right at home.

New Hampshire

Colorado is nice just for the snowboarding

I just want to be in a comfy, cold rainy/snowy environment :3

Every mid west state is comfy American to visit. And you learn why everyone hates their state. And you realise, some shitty rain most of the year isn't that bad. You appreciate home.

oregon looks comfy

New England has that, plus hills. Really, most of the US has cold winters, but also hot summers. Minnesota summers are brutal.
>the view from my office window in rural Vermont

Colorado has the same amount of population and same gdp per capita than Finland btw.

It's an amazing place

if you come to midwest your best bet is to settle down in East St. Louis, IL, probably

I'm getting a Children of the Corn vibe.
Malachi?
Beautiful though.

I watched a straight story and decided I'd have a beer in those places.

Naw, it's really more of a tourist area. Almost every agricultural part of America grows corn.
>more VT

They grow corn in Switzerland, for christ's sake.

Means nothing

T. I am surrounded by 600 acres of corn, ready for harvest. No crosses.

Maybe georgia

Its not the same georgia and the one near you

Minnesota

If by wet you mean lots of lakes then yeah it's wet.

A place with beautiful nature, and with nature I mean forests with mountains and chill weather, so probably any New England state, any state in the north, or Colorado.

Montana, because i guess from its name that mountains are there and i can only live on mountains.

Whichever state gives me the best autismbux!

CT

Only in the far west of Montana. The rest is buttes / grassy hills. Wyoming has more mountains.

Great fly-fishing and horseback riding though.

Maine

Yes, that, and it's where the headwaters of the Mississippi are.

Probably one of the great lake states.

And seriosly fucking cold in winter. It's our Siberia.

The coldest, comfiest, mountainiest state. Chill culture and good nature hikes and junk are nice too.

Maine is nice, but if you're interested because muh white population, don't fall for the memes.
There's some good hunting and fishing there, but the whole region is kinda economically lagging behind the rest of the cunt.
The whole upper Midwest and northern Rockies are like that.
Alaska

Is Oregon/Washington nice? I liked CA weather. I'm just concerned it could be too hot to my liking.

once I get out of the Marines I think I'm going to settle somewhere in the southeast
I may go back to the panhandle of fl

>Alaska
Might as well be in canada then. At least that way I'll have free healthcare for when I get trampled by a moose.

They have basic income in Alaska though

>he doesn't have good insurance
Honestly, most Aussies would feel more comfortable in Canada. So, yeah, go there, not here.

Montana, it's the only place I can think of that's more comfy than my current residence

It's cold, rural and there's no people, that's literally the dream

Only when oil is over $50/bbl.

But what do you do to pay the bills when you're a mountain hermit?

Write manifstos. Make gadgets.

What memes? Maine is white as all fuck

But it's no utopia. There's a lot of junkies and dumb-as-shit yokels there.

I could work odd jobs on farms and shit since I have some experience on it. Wouldn't need that much money anyways with the hunting, fishing and growing my own vegetables.

Dumb as shit yokels is half the charm of Maine; decent, old fashioned salt of the earth folk are vastly superior to cynical psudeo-intellectuals.
There is a bit of a drug problem in certain parts of the state but it doesn't affect anyone but the users, they are a different breed of junkie, Maine has the lowest violent crime rate in America.
They will break their own fingers to get an oxycontin Rx but they won't rob a store or mug anyone or get into gangland warfare.

>Dumb as shit yokels
>decent, old fashioned salt of the earth folk
These are not the same thing.

Are you that New Brunswicker who has a boner for Maine?

Yes, they are best neighbor
VT is also top-tier though, Northern New England is definitely the best part of America.

>Northern New England is definitely the best part of America
Yeah, VT countrybro here.
It's nice, but I beg to differ. The 4 corners states (CO, NM, UT, AZ) are the best.

North Dakota.

I lived for a couple years in Cortez and Dolores, Colorado, right in the 4 corners. Northern New England is much better

washington or oregon

Colorado

The actual 4 corners area is so economically depressed. I meant the more affluent areas in those states. Denver should be the capital of the US.

>absolutely no mention of Ohio

Kek

or if I could live in San Francisco without the incredible hippy fake liberal douchiness that'd be an option too

Denver is a very nice city, and towns like Telluride are based, but they lack the charm, history, and culture, of New England.
They also trade coastline for scenic mountains, a poor trade imo. No landlocked state can ever be considered best.

>tfw live in Virginia

hey at least it's not West Virginia

>No landlocked state can ever be considered best.
If I'm remembering our last conversation correctly, this is one area where our opinions become highly divergent.
Also, there's no more culture here than CO. It's just more Anglo. CO has Spanish history, and they've preserved quite a bit if indigenous history, too.

How're your fall colors coming along up there?

It's fine here, but yeah I would prefer to live somewhere else too, just for the skiing.

Colorado or Vermont are nice.

ayy u live in my city XDDDD

I do like a lot of the Indian history especially the Anasazi stuff like Mesa Verde, but yes, I prefer Anglo American history. The post office in the nearest Maine town was built in the 1700s and saw cannon fire during the War of 1812, you don't get stuff like that in Colorado.

The leaves are looking great, starting to get frosts at night so they are really changing this last week.

Yeah, this. Even Ohio makes fun of WV.

>He's not from NoVA

Arizona.

SHALL

Hawaii, or Florida Keys.

Or Upstate NY, Adirondack area.

Vermont

California. The weather seems pretty similar to Spain's.

As is the language

Smart people

Nor Cal is like northern France.

>tfw born Ohioan
>lived in CO and VT
>you don't get stuff like that in Colorado
And you don't get the variety of landscapes that CO has in New England. Nature > culture for me

Speaking of which, isn't it interesting how most of the immigrants settled in land similar to their own?

Upper Mchigan : Finns
Wisconsin: Nowegians and Swedes, Germans
Illinois, Indiana, Ohio: Germans
Appalachia: Scots, Welsh
New England: Brits
Central South: Germans, French
Deep South: French
Boise, Idaho: Basques

There's also a lot of slavs in the lower Great Lakes states. Ever notice that every other governor in those states has a last name that ends in ic/ich?

Def Socal, fuck norcal

Detroit

I'd probably relocate from Connecticut to western Massachusetts... mostly to get away from Connecticut's massive traffic issues (thanks Malloy) and all the political corruption around Waterbury.

Western Mass is nice and quaint while still being reasonably close to New York City and Boston and very close to Albany.

Really any part of New England is okay though.