Is it true half of Polish/Czech cities were built by Germans?

Is it true half of Polish/Czech cities were built by Germans?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IwwXJ8u7eTM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_van_den_Blocke
pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Strakowski
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tylman_van_Gameren
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Gothic_architecture
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mannerist_architecture_and_sculpture_in_Poland
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baroque_Revival_architecture
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebellion_of_mayor_Albert
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statutes_of_Lithuania
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brick_Gothic
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianization_of_Poland
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olędrzy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthonis_van_Obbergen
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danzig_law
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_of_Warmian_Bishops_in_Olsztyn
youtube.com/watch?v=Md7h0tsBpQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=uMohuVwBC0Q
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gleiwitz_incident
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teutonic_takeover_of_Danzig_(Gdańsk)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neminem_captivabimus
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Liberty
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_minority_in_Poland
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silesian_Piasts
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7a/POL_województwo_dolnośląskie_COA.svg/2000px-POL_województwo_dolnośląskie_COA.svg.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Every Czech city was built by Germans.

>Implying Germany existed

No. Many cities in central Europe was founded on so called "germans law" (Magdeburg rights).

Also so called germans are not only ethnic German but all people from west - Belgians, Italians, French, Scots etc.

Yes
Also, in medieval times, Czech (called Bohemia) was part of Germany

No. ALL of them were. Hungarian ones too.

what do you think about those cities being world heritages of Poland?

It makes me happy that we managed to bring civilization to the wild slavic man

You're a fucking idiot.
Please nippon, when you got time, watch this.

polish diaspora detected

This. Eventhough this Poland Diaspora Swedeposter is a cunt.

Important people build stuff, important people hire the best architects around for their big important stuff.
Nobody gives a fuck where from the architect is..

Ive heard many Germans claim Prague as German city. While I heard no Frenchie or Italian do so...
Why?
Half of architects in 14th century Prague were French..

Its just German inferiourity complex striking again. They better shut the fuck up before Germany gets even smaller.

but all those architects, German or French or Italian, build buildings in German style in Bohemia.
And I dont understand why you deny the German influence in your country

I dont deny any influence, I deny any gay claims that neo nazis have when they plead the "builders of Europe" card

German influence.. what a fucking buzzword, Germany didnt exist until unification in 19th cent.

In Germany you may have noticed that there is strong sense of regionality. Like you for instance may fucking hate those Schwabencunts and they may hate you. Their customs differ from yours, their architecture as well.

Most of architectural styles were invoked in Italy and France btw, its just that HRE was well populated so they could
build a lot of shit.

DUH Cucksvenne, of course.
I am a cunt when I need to be. Polish aristocracy and nobles hired Polish architects, but many Italian or Dutch architects as well.
Poles founded and built the oldest parts of Gdańsk, that being interrupted by a 100 year old Teutonic occupation. In total Gdańsk has been under the Crown of the Kingdom of Poland for 700 years, while being 1000 years old.
Dutch and Flemish architects have contributed a lot more than Germans to Gdańsk, as they were favored by Polish kings and there was a large Dutch diaspora migrating into Poland.

Pic related - the Gdańsk Great Armoury was designed by two Dutch and one Polish architect for example.

Germany didnt exist back then, German people, however, did.
And while it is true that there were a lot of regional differences, even back then people were aware that all germans are part of one culture

A lot of Germans always bitch and moan how "they"(WE WUZ) build this or that while in reality the cities they call "german" were like 30-40% German throughout the history and often based on other nations settlements.

I come from a city that was 60% Polish and 40% German and sure, we got a lot of buildings like the old ones in Berlin but also old polish medieval times castle that every single german autists calls teutonic.

I mean you're fucked up to the point where just last week one of german posters on Cred Forums was claiming the Piast dynasty was German.

The level of your pathetic whining, "we-wuz-ness" and complexes that always require "Germany" to be on the top are just on astronomical levels far from what even we, Poles, the butthurt nation can achieve.

If you hate Sweden so much, why dont you go back to Poland?

well then you mustve been pretty retarded kind considering it took you thousand years to figure out you guys all speak the
same language.

The history itself disproves your fucking ideas about that era, if people were one then why countries werent one?
Do you have any explanation for that?

Nobody cares about who built what, all that matters is ownership. If Polish king dictated that a church is going to be built,
then its polish church no matter who built it.

pic related

a monument Germans had to erect to yell "this is germany wolololololo" because of their fucking insecurities.

nice meme.
We had a German country since 962, we only failed to centralize, like the French did.

40% Is a lot.
And what exactly is polish architecture?

What the german said

Fuck off

I'm not here to education you.

well, you could give something back, considering what we gave and give to your country

Educate

Fucking cellphone autocorrect

Only thing you gave is cancer and smallpox

I wouldn't be suprised if cancer cells had swastika-shaped DNA helix

Nice memes.

Considering the theft during ww2 and destruction of polish cities you owe us a lot.

So your kinds incapability is to blame?
Though luck being retarded I guess.

>And what exactly is polish architecture?
What is German architecture?
I thought architectural styles had place of inception then sporadic expansion, but you seem to think something else..
Could you explain to me what do you mean?

Fuck off barbarian scum.
>Nobody cares about who built what, all that matters is ownership. If Polish king dictated that a church is going to be built,
>then its polish church no matter who built it.
But those Germs like one the above literally scream that Dutch or Polish architecture ordered to be built by Polish kings or nobles are German...
>Anthony van Obberghen, Jan Strakowski and Abraham van den Blocke
pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Strakowski
It pisses me off as that GERMan BS WE-WUZNESS is through the roof.

Pic related - Gdańsk royal chapel designed by Tylman Gameren (changed to Gamerksi) ordered by king Jan Sobieski.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tylman_van_Gameren

Polish butthurt is best butthurt.

Germans and Dutchmen built a lot of our cities too desu.

I really hate this diaspora cunt - fuck off already

There are many different sorts of German architecture, depending on region and time period.
Here is an example, called Fachwerkhaus, which exists mostly in northen Germany.

The HRE was not "a German country", in fact it wasn't even a country. kill yourself you historically illiterate retard.

>And what exactly is polish architecture?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Gothic_architecture
Pic related is Polish Gothic architecture
End yourself cuck.

yeah, sorry about that.
but you got our clay in return so we are even now

Were do you live, tough guy?

>non-italian medieval and renaissance "architecture"

Ye, how about pseudo baroque style? oh gee its French, and it happens to be all across the central Europe..
I guess Frenchies built the Germany then.. ayy.. what a shame that Germany isnt German..
Incidentally one of the most popular styles in Germany and its not german... :(

Well we will ship all our French styled buildings back to Frenchies to whom they belong right?

And lets split the Poland again right? Because its a non country hahahah :DD all the memes dude right?

Fucking Germans, I swear... 45' wasnt enough.

>baroque is french
I will end you

for comparision
pic releated is german architecture

>"this is germany wolololololo" because of their fucking insecurities.
Funny how the polish in germany nowadays yell "we wuz this and that, we did this this and that, poland stronk!" because of their insecurities. I've never met more selfish arrogant cunts than the polish. Also if they love being polish that much then why don't they leave germany and go back to poland their "glorious superior" poland???

Pic related is Polish Renaissance mannerist architecture.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mannerist_architecture_and_sculpture_in_Poland

I never denied France had a huge cultural influence on Germany
Why are you so butthurt?

novo baroque.. I dont know how its named in english..
..now I know
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baroque_Revival_architecture

You mean ruins while loosing some of our best cities and clay that was historically Polish longer than any of the land we gained and "was yours"?

I'll tell you something. Pre-ww2 Lwów shat on each and every city we "got from you"(before you got them destroyed of course) in terms of beauty. We build everything in that fucking city, which is something you could never say about Wrocław or Gdańsk(which were Polish for a looong time).

We could never hope to beat germans at arrogance

You are world champions at being selfish arrogant pricks

Social benefits.

In Poland if you don't work you starve to death. In Germany if you don't work you get a comfortable life. Is it really all that strange why all the bottom feeders move to Germany, Sweden and the UK?

If someone isn't able to make an honest living in his own country he sure as fuck won't be able to do it abroad. That's why we hate polish diaspora.

>But muh Bohemia is totally German :OO, Heil Hitler!! Deutschland über alles!
No its fucking not. Czechs live here so its Czech, thats how the equation works.
If you are gonna move into the Prague and buy yourself a house and have German citizenship, sure...
Its a German house.. Still its under Czech cadastre.

we are not the ones who took eastern clay from you, discuss that with russians.
and if you dont want your western clay, you are more than welcome to give it back.
By the way, how comes that western Poland (= German clay) is far more wealthy than eastern Poland (= Original Poland). And Belarus (= Polish clay) is even worse than Poland

As you can see I'm not in your shittburg or your muslimstadt but in Poland.

I'd never try to coexist with more self entitled people who will literally shit on your every argument with "muh monies", "muh HRE", "ahhaha nazis kill you".

You people don't even learn history at schools, you learn some fucking cut out and censored part of what was and than you come here and think that the lack in education can be replaced by memes.
It's beyond me how can you be so fucking stupid and ignorant as german posters here.

Bohemia was historically strongly influenced by Germans.
Thats why you are more wealthy than other slavic countries, by the way
Also, why do you assume i support Hitler?

There is a difference between Germanic people and Germans.

I wonder what would happend if there was no unification of Germany? What would happen if Eastern Germany would stay under Russian influence for as long as Belarus?

I bet it would have been shit but you won't admit it.

You CAN'T admit it because if you did the "muh german superiority" meme would die and what would be left is harsh reality that you just got fucking lucky, nothing more.

>Bohemia was historically strongly influenced by Germans.
>Thats why you are more wealthy than other slavic countries, by the way
how far up your own arse can you be?

all germans support hitler

you only turned away from him when he started to lose, but in spirit you still are with him

Czechy are wealthier because of smaller size and central position

They resisted german poison for long and they are wealthy not thanks to you, but despite your canerous influence

No need to wonder.
Both Eastern Germany and Poland were under soviet influence, and both were shit.
However, Eastern Germany was still not as shitty as Poland

You're acting as if eastern germany wasn't shit, Ahmed.

Because soviets pumped money into germany

it was still half of country, and in direct contact with west. They had to make it look good.

And I hate cucks.
So much this, hate GERM revisionism.
In your moms pussey.
Because Poles have historically been a lot more cultured and culturally ahead (in terms of laws and personal freedom) than Germans in HRE, especially during the late middle ages and the Renaissance period.
>By the way, how comes that western Poland (= German clay)
Oh fuck off you piece of thieving shits. Give back Berlin thieves, and return the Sorbs to their cousins.

I guess you are gonna claim now that Poland was acutally built by Germans and Russians as well
and that under Russian leadership it came to its industrial bloom right?

>HRE
>Germany
>Turkish education

It was just as shit and the only thing that might have been better is that more buildings were actually standing because that part of Europe got craterized in a smaller % than what is now Poland.

There is nothing else to it.

>However, Eastern Germany was still not as shitty as Poland
>what were the shop window policies
Read some of your own history you imbecile.

maybe
or maybe you are just looking for exuses

>I guess you are gonna claim now that Poland was acutally built by Germans and Russians as well
To a certain degree, since Poland was part of Russia and Germany, respectivly, at least for a while.
However, Czech have way more German influence, since Bohemia was member of HRE for centuries

I am pretty sure Sorbs are quiet happy living in Germany and they wouldn't want to be part of the poor country called Poland

They were part of a poor country called Eastern Germany so I guess one way or another they're used to poverty.

>However, Czech have way more German influence, since Bohemia was member of HRE for centuries
Bohemia was the only kingdom in the empire, was an elector, and was even often the seat of the emperor. they influenced you more than vice versa. It's pretty clear that you have no idea what you're talking about and have an absolutely "I read the wiki article once"-tier knowledge of the HRE considering you keep calling it "Germany" and seem to think it was a nation-state.

>Thats why you are more wealthy than other slavic countries, by the way
The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth used to be one of the wealthiest countries before the Deluge, a lot more wealthier that that shit savage HRE in which everyone killed each other all the time.
>I am pretty sure Sorbs are quiet happy living in Germany and they wouldn't want to be part of the poor country called Poland
They literally asked to at the Versailles to be incorporated after WW1 with Poland and everyone got shocked because they never heard of them. Then they begged Stalin so Zgorzelec (Görlizt) would be incorporated into Poland after 1945, but they got fucked over by Stalin.

Western Slavs got Germanised by fire and sword and are today known as eastern Germans.

then why dont we ask them again, shall we?
A referendum for the sorbish people, if they wanna join Poland, they are free to go

Referendums in Germany are often as free as the choice of the gulag you''d be send to in USSR.

We're speaking about full germanized people here, the Sorbs are a minority only for shits and giggles nowdays due to hundred of years of germanization(often forced).

I guess you must wear top hat and a cane with trend sense like that.

Nationalism was cool 100 years ago, old man. Get on with fucking times.

Now Unions and Federations are cool, you fucking loser.

so no reason to give the clay back to poland, right?

>then why dont we ask them again, shall we?
It goes way deeper than that. MANY eastern Germans calling themselves Germans today, have in fact Slavic DNA and heritage. They were forcefully Germanised by the Saxons. The Sorbs are the only major tribe or people left that somewhat wasn't Germanised fully.

They should be independent of both t.bh
They would still disappear even if they were integrated into Poland, it's the same thing.

But that's Hanseatic brick gothic

you mean, like you, who is a slav and lives in a germanic country?

I don't want them back and I don't even know why would you make a post like this if we didn't even discuss any of the "germanized slavic populations" subjects.

Jumping from subject to subject using a 7-8 word post each time won't get you anywhere, if anything it proves that you're just clueless.

your fellow polack who currently lives in Sweden started that subject, and you then jumped on it.
Dunno why you blame me now

Let's post some more Polish architecture, shall we?
Gothic Catholic cathedral in Poznań.

>Albert fled to Bohemia[4] and his house was demolished, while the Polish Primate Archbishop Jakub Świnka of Gniezno charged Bishop Muskata with being "an enemy of the Polish people". In the aftermath the city of Kraków lost many of its privileges due to the support some of its burghers gave to the uprising. From Prince Władysław's point of view the revolt had been motivated by anti-Polish sentiment and the German citizens proved disloyal. He reacted with brutality, culminating in the implementation of the shibboleth Soczewica, koło, miele, młyn ("Lentil, wheel, grinds (verb), mill) to distinguish the German-speaking minority of Kraków.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebellion_of_mayor_Albert

And how do Swedes concern you? You feel some "Germanic" connection with them?

lol what inferiority complex? first of all, it's extremely frowned upon to assume Germany is superior in any way nowadays. Also, you can't deny how important we've been for continental Europe, for better or worse. We shouldn't feel inferior to anyone (except the Brits, but that was historically reason and mostly perpetrated by Wilhelm II.)

>French or Italian
>build buildings in German style
kek

>read this post
>scroll up
>see "It makes me happy that we managed to bring civilization to the wild slavic man"
are you fucking dense?

Built in the 10th century by the Polish Piast dynasty after Poland was Christianized by the Czechs, one of the few local Slavic dynasties in Europe.

>We shouldn't feel inferior to anyone (except the Brits, but that was historically reason and mostly perpetrated by Wilhelm II.)
>first of all, it's extremely frowned upon to assume Germany is superior in any way nowadays.

Well thats a rollercoaster..
So you are better then everyone else, but you are humble about it?

The Jagiellons weren't Slavs? Or were they Balts actually?

Jagiełło was balt.

Later on every Jagiellon was mixed with slavs, germanics, italians etc.

KRAKÓW, HANSEATIC... Fucking facepalm. That's how Gothic was built in medieval Poland... That is Polish architecture, that's how Polish medieval cathedrals were built.

One of the oldest Polish cathedrals, original built before 1000, current version some years after in the 11 century.

Why do Polish buildings use red brick so much? It's strange because they're often over 1,000 years old but will have the appearance of Victorian-era buildings here in England.

They were Balts, although Lithuania was heavily Slavicized due to large Ruthenian majority (about 1 Balt per 9 Ruthenians), so they even started using old-Ruthenian as their language to then point when even the main laws of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania were written in old-Ruthenian (old-Belarusian):
>The Statutes of Lithuania, originally known as the Statutes of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania (Lithuanian: Lietuvos statutai, Belarusian: Cтaтyты Bялiкaгa княcтвa Лiтoўcкaгa, Polish: Statuty litewskie), were a 16th-century codification of all the legislation of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania and its successor, the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth. The Statutes consist of three legal codes (1529, 1566 and 1588), all written in Ruthenian language, translated into Latin and later Polish.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statutes_of_Lithuania

poland is rightful german clay

you're rightful spanish clay

Originally Baltic, but they became intermarried with an Italian-Polish king (woman "queen") when Poland and Lithuania formed an union against the invading Teutons. Poland Christianized and gave the Lithuanians noble coat of arms, basically civilized them and their majority Ruthenian subjects.

P.S. To the left you can see a typical Polish dworek, manor house with those pillars in which not as rich nobles lived in on their land properties.

NO, I never said that. I'm not the other poster. I'm just saying that, while we did fuck up Euroep a LOT, we were very significant in this continent's history. We a huge influence in areas like science and philosophy, moreso than any other countries.

Notice how all those achievements came from Germany when it was still split up in tons of kingdoms, Herzogtümer etc.? Germany started going downhill when the Prussians and their spirit of saber-rattling as well as general militaristic jingoism united this country in 1871. First we had Bismarck to calm the Prussians down and foster peaceful relations. Then comes Wilhelm II, full of insecurities, along with Moltke and his whole team of wamrongering idiots. THIS is where it went wrong. They planted the seed for rabid nationalism and just chimp behaviour, which culminated in Hitler.

Nowadays, we're the polar opposite. We're not allowed to show pride which is retarded, because prior to unification, Germany contributed to Europe culturually, artistically and scientifically. If I were a loser, I could use this as a basis for an assumption of superiority.
What I'm saying is: Germany split up into litte parts benefitted Europe. Germany under Prussian militarism was a disaster, for everyone involved-

Oh and to the other German: fuck off. The Poles and Czechs had amazing architects and beautiful cities, they even kept the Prussians at bay for a while and completely made them their bitches. Prussians couldn't attack until Poland was weakened. So saying slavs re inferior is just complete bullshit.

thank you for supporting our claim

Stoczek Klasztorny, Swięta Lipka etc. are great examples of "polish" architecture as well. Walled places of cult/monasteries on bordelands.

I swear to got I hate nothing more that revisionist Germans.
>Muh muh brick architecture = German
By that logic all of Britain should be German. That's retarded.

>You people don't even learn history at schools,
are you serious? pretty much all our lessons in history revolve around the world wars and our roll in them. the treatment of poland comes up a lot too. it's one giant guilt trip.

don't assume we're uneducated about the darker aspects of our past because of one retard German ITT (I'll admit he seems to be an especially historically illiterate specimen)

No, Poland was literally under Hanseatic (Germanic) influence when it came to Gothic.
And Gothic wasn't even a thing until the 12th century, nigga.

>Germany started going downhill when the Prussians and their spirit of saber-rattling as well as general militaristic jingoism united this country in 1871
It does seem this way if you learn history.

The remnants of the trutonic order converted into the spiteful Prussians infected the peaceful western and central part of Germany.

Than tell me, how much do you learn about the Teutonic order? Livonian Order? Silesia?

Abot how from being the most peaceful border in history(what, 500 years of peace?) the Polish - German border became hell for 150 years just because of one nation that started with a "P" and ended with a "A"

I never heard of it and I don't know what you mean by "polish", but a great example of Polish Renaissance (baroque and mannerism) is the Krzyrztopor fortification, the largest palace fortification in the world when it was built in the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth by the Ossolinski magnates.

extraordinarily underrated comment

It wasn't irony. Just pointing out Polish leftovers where I live, yo ucan find the same in the whole Eastern Europe(Ukr, Bel, Lit, Latv).

I don't think anyone but Poles build this kind of walled places of cult.

We dont learn much about the Teutonic order.
Only that it brought christanity and western values to Poland

And meanwhile Southern Germans such as Bavarians and Austrians seemed to be able to coexist with Slavic or Magyar neighbours just fine for the most part. The nasty genocidal streak was unique to Prussians and the Prussian mentality. They were founded on the genocide of the Old Prussian natives in the Baltic after all. It's a shame because any other German state unifying Germany probably would have created a peaceful country that would be able to exist mostly in harmony with its neighbours and would have been enormously beneficial to European civilisation, but instead the reins to the largest country in western Europe were given to what was basically the Empire from Star Wars.

>Only that it brought christanity and western values to Poland

I hope it's irony.

Oh, so now you're admitting Prussia is Poland then? :^)

elaborate please? they were crusaders who spread chrisanity to poles

some parts of Prussia had polish majority but was ruled by germans

people used to build stuff exclusively out of what's available in the area (clay in this case), parts of the great wall were built out of shit and maggots or whatever

we learn tons about Prussian "culture" which is muh protestant values and "muh blood and iron". we learn about poles being slaughtered at the hands of the SS.

but basically, prussia is shown as the root of all evil. sure, they made contributions in fields of science, philosophy etc but these all pale in comparison to their atrocities. the Bavarians and the Habsburgs weren't nearly as cruel.

to sum things up, my message is that Germany shoould'Ve been split up after 1945. It's a made-up country, the regionalism here is ridiculous. Every Bundesland has a multitude of stereotypes and dialects associated with it, everyone's bitching about having to support poorfag states like Mecklenburg-Vorpommern or berlin, which is a Detroit-tier failed city. The only things a united Germany ever achieved was instability in Europe (see both world wars).

If you look at Germany prior to 1871, there was still a German nation: people felt a sense of togetherness on account of a mutual language. Germany was, with France, the center of progress in the arts, philosophy and science. We lived in relative peace with our neighbours. Then the prussians happened.....

German history in a nutshell: Prussians SUCK. I wish Austria had won at Königgrätz, imagine how well-cultured and peaceful an Austrian Germany would'Ve been

>tfw you'll never live in 1800s Vienna

We were Christian for nearly 300(!) years before we invited Teutons.

>No, Poland was literally under Hanseatic (Germanic) influence when it came to Gothic.
North Polish cities were, because they were within the Hanseatic League. Kraków wasn't a Hanseatic city as it wasn't in the Baltic.
Yes, but a lot of the buildings I've posted should be classified as Brick Romanesque.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brick_Gothic

Also pure Romanesque architecture in Poland (Krakow) to the right.

t. Antifa cuck

We were Christian for nearly 300(!) years when we invited Teutons.

HRE was the best time for Germany people culture wise and when it comes to science.

Prove me wrong.

The Teutonic Order was literally invited into the region by the King of Poland and were initially intended to be a vassal of the Polish crown. This is American-tier, just stop pretending you have any knowledge of history whatsoever.

HRE was a nice idea but in the end, it faild, just like PLC.
Both had similar problems, strong lords and weak elective kings, and never managed to centralize like France did

Prussia was a mistake.
Kondrad Mazowiecki should never have invited the Teutons to northern Poland in the first place.
And Zygmunt I the Old should never have created Ducal Prussia as a Polish vassal, but kick every Teuton monk from Poland (around 100+) instead.
It was a cancer on Poland's head that grew to large in the end.

But the Gothic the rest of Poland saw still spread from what was the Hanseatic style of brick architecture. Not saying brick = German, but Brick Romanesque and Gothic spread from Germanic Europe into Poland through trade routes. It didn't develop as an independent style in Poland itself.

in its decentralisation lied its power though

>Only that it brought christanity and western values to Poland
FUCKING WHAT? ARE FUCKING SHITTING ME? Please tell me this is a joke...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianization_of_Poland

the 30 years war happend because there were different groups of interest working against each other in HRE, using religion as an excuse for war
The religious tumoil would never have been so severe if HRE was an unified country

You guys are all faggots. The Middle Age is the biggest meme part of history.

I wouldn't consider a state that lasted for few hundred years and was so strong and prosperous "failed".

Define "failed", it managed to exist for over 1000 years and even by the time it had become irrelevant and mostly ceremonial it still took Napoleon conquering half of Europe to get rid of it. For the most part, during its existence it fulfilled its purpose pretty well, especially before the Protestant reformation.

not that long ago bohemia was almost entirely ethnic germans.

the thirty years war started because protestant germans in bohemia were pissed off at the new catholic emperor

wrong

>some parts of Prussia had polish majority but was ruled by germans
Prussia was created by Poland as a Polish vassal, on the crushed corpse of the Teutonic Order defeated by Christian Poland and Lithuania. That's the origin of Prussia, being a slave of Poland, that in the end got out of control with the help of Swedes, Russians and Austrians.

>German speaking slavs arguing with Slavic speaking slavs about ethnicity

Are you a mentally deficient Prussiaboo? Where did I say anything that warrented the use of "le cuck" meme? Prussia was terrible, look at where we ended up. I even explicitly said Germany achieved tons, have you ever heard Antifa say this? You historically illiterate Cred Forumstards annoy the fuck out of me.

Also, so many of your claims about how Germany built Poland in this thread are so blatantly false. You should read more idiot. Prussians were vassals, they were nothing. They got lucky and attacked Poland at its weakest. Wow Prussia, what military might!

Oh and the crown jewel of Prussia literally survives on charity by Bavarians such as me.

t. Hans Tyrone Luigi Pedro O'Finnigan

>there was a large Dutch diaspora migrating into Poland.

Flemish too

Wilamowice they're still there

It was dead since after the 30 years war.
After that, it was an Empire in name only and the German states became playballs of other European powers.
Take the seven years war, for example, where Prussia and Austria fought on different sides.

you seem to hate Prussia for no specific reason.
No historian would deny that Prussia was a great military power, especially for its rather modest size, and it managed what no German state managed to do before, to finally unify Germany and make it a great power

This was built 300 years before the Hanseatic League even formed:
P.S. Pic related Wroclaw cathedral was built during the Polish Piast dynasty ruling in Silesia.

Rightful Borders

To be fair there are also lots of Ukranian and Belorussian cities built by Poles, borders need to shift east again.

Still. Even if we condier the 30 years war it's "downfall".

A 650 years run if pretty good in my book.

I mean look at it's map from 1500 or something, It's fap material.

>t. Luigi O'Finnigan

ftfy

Prussia was not truly HRE, they had a personal union with Brandenburg I believe technically making the Prussian monarch an imperial prince but that was it. It was them combined with the religious split among Germans that doomed the HRE, not any sort of innate problem with how the empire functioned.

Not him and I have no idea who is butthurt about what again...but I really like the HRE.

Minorities, i.e. non german speakers were probably not to happy about having more and more germans naturally showing up in their lands.

Could be saved by an elaborate system of having to learn the language of the land you move to by law before being allowed to go there etc.

>Tfw no Spanish-HRE total union.

it was a real powerhouse in the high middelages, for example HRE forcers were the biggest during the third crusade.
But later on, it became the ">>>" meme.
Sure, it might look impressive on the map, but it had no centralized power structre anymore.
Kinda like BRIC today

They were called Olędrzy, great migrants, definitely better than the eternal Germs.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olędrzy

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthonis_van_Obbergen

I hate Prussia for invading Belgium and violating treaties left and right. It also dragged us into WW1. When in war (both world wars), we should've surrendered earlier but the PRussian fighting spirit made sure that no German was spared: everyone gets to be cannon fodder and to experience a pointless death, for the Kaiser or the Führer.

Prussia was the root of the attitudes which brought about our fall, collapse, loss of natonal pride and territory etc. Which attitudes? I'm talking about following orders blindly, strictly being against democracy, the concept that might makes right and unnecessary cruel warfare in violation of international law.

Bismarck himself foresaw this, he was the last Prussian who was of great service to Germany, everyone else destroyed her.

>you seem to hate Prussia for no specific reason.
You just gave a great reason. The German people are not supposed to be centralised or unified, German culture is incredibly regionalistic so it's unnatural for a German nation-state to exist. Not to mention that Prussia has been an objectively bad thing for the entire continent of Europe.

no
architects were from all around the world and the builders were locals

But it shows how weak HRE had become, that a part of HRE, prince elector even, could suddenly say they are not a part of the Empire anymore and nobody could do shit against them

Yeah, a strong emperor and imperial system is needed...otherwise it falls into bullshit.

czechs are slavic germanics

it was the Teutonic Knight heritage of fighting everyone all the time around you so long that you HAVE to do this.

They pulled through by pure tenacity until WW1.

They were huge dicks to other germans as well, se austria and how they treated the Alsaccians.

So much autism ITT.

>germans and some western retards rob us of our cities, claiming Germans build them
>swede-pole chimping out
>other cucks insulting and memeing about muh polacks

Kill yourselves, all of you.

No, but is true that half of German/Austrian cities were built by Polish workers.

>Not to mention that Prussia has been an objectively bad thing for the entire continent of Europe.

You'd be a republic based on Napoleonic code if it weren't for the prussians.

>Also, so many of your claims about how Germany built Poland in this thread are so blatantly false. You should read more idiot. Prussians were vassals, they were nothing. They got lucky and attacked Poland at its weakest. Wow Prussia, what military might!
This is shockingly self-aware coming from a German, I'm shocked...
>us Prussians ... are the Poles equal brothers or their servants"

I don't think a unified German nation-state would have been able to survive the Protestant reformation either without resorting to ridiculous amounts of decentralisation. You're underestimating just how fucked up and crazy Germans got during that time.

thats because Willhelm II. was a retard, and not because some inherit flaws of Prussia.

Nothing is "supposed" to be anything. Things just happend and they become history. America is also federal with different cultures in states, the yanks and dixis most prominently, and yet they have a federal governement and that makes them the superpower of the world.
Same applies to the german states, they are weak alone but strong when united.
And the same principle, of course, applies to the EU as whole

Except it was originally stone, and only later converted to the Gothic brick structure you're posting during the 13th century.
These lovely brick churches you're showing us may have existed before German influence, but only after German influence did they take their current form.

That is an incredibly tiny detail compared to the two World Wars and their aftereffects.

Why not, France did survive the religious turmoil

German influence doesn't equal BEING BUILD BY GERMANY.

Also, it wasn't Germany back then.

No, I am talking about the HRE...which was pretty cool.

Also Prussians = ethnic Germans, Poles, Balts and Dutch = Prussians.
Poles literally founded the Koenigsberg Krolewiec university and elite.

Don't be a dick if someone agrees with you, Pavel.

>two world wars started by two crazy Austrians is somehow Prussia's fault

Now prussia has spread everywhere because of soviet border autism

The reason Polish cities look german is because Poland used to be a western country, long before Europe had it's modern shape, when only few countries truly existed.

You can meme all you want about us being eastern and slavshit, but look at our cities and they will tell you another tale. - I'm not speaking about Teutonic castles, but very very eastern city, that is Lublin. - Take a look at it, then take a look at Serbia or Russia and tell me we're eastern.

I'm not saying that they were built by Germans, though it's clear where Polish cities took their roots.
Not saying it was Germany back then either, but it was a Germanic sphere of influence.

I really do like the brick castles, but aren't they teutonic?

>Except it was originally stone, and only later converted to the Gothic brick structure you're posting during the 13th century.
These ones
built in around the year 1000 WITH BRICK, stop BSitting, you don't even know what you're talking about. That's Brick Romanesque you moron.

Except unification and centralisation only occurred as a response to exterior threats, there is a reason why it took so long to happen, and that's because Germans were happier just being Bavarians or Saxons. You can't deny that regionalism is a very strong part of German culture.

>World War I was started by Austria
>Hitler and the nazi party did not intentionally appeal to the Prussian militaristic streak in German society and openly denounce the Habsburg version of German-ness
stop meming

That's because we were catholcucks same as germs back then. lmao

Also Kiev got its city rights (magdeburg law) from a Polish king too.

HRE was a trusted ally for Poland for few hundred years and a place of of scientific development.

Do you know that if we take out Prussia and the Teutonic order Pol-Ger wars basically ended in 1109(with a few tiny skirmishes later on)? The last one was of course 1939 but if we delete Prussia and the Teutonic Order and leave real Germans than we have few hundred years without wars.

The son of frederick the second was the king of germany, fucker.

Germany existed, stop trying to belittle us by saying we are a faux nation.

I bet you learn this in history, as in :"By the way, Poland is older THAN GERMANY!!!"

That's because we were catholcucks same as germs back then. lmao

Also Kiev got its city rights (magdeburg law) from a Polish king too.
Pic rel is where Lublin is located. Prussia never got it, it was under Russian occupation.

Stop being autistic and raging about stuff that happened +500 years ago.

>I bet you learn this in history, as in :"By the way, Poland is older THAN GERMANY!!!"
No, actually to this day we learn Himmler's version of it. Which robbed us from previous dynasties.

Thanks to you fuckers.

>so much autism ITT

Just be like Slovaks, we built everything on our own, we even built Vienna and Budapest

The deluge was the best thing that ever happened Poland

Germans slaughtered each other more than anyone else desu, prussia attacking its neighbours is pretty comparable to all the small states trying to fuck their german or not neighbours.

>Thanks for being positive, pole-friend.

felvidekians aren't a real people though

Why do you learn Himmlers version?

Are you Nazi?

Also I take that as admittance of "it not being germany back then" being wrong.

Thank you, not-czechia.

That's Lublin...

But for example, castle from the image. It's red brick, resembles Teuton style castles but it was build by the Bishops of Warmia.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_of_Warmian_Bishops_in_Olsztyn

I can fully asure you the builders of this Polish castle and the some random Teuton one were the same, just paid by Teutons.

It was the local tech, that's all.

>America is also federal with different cultures in states, the yanks and dixis most prominently, and yet they have a federal governement and that makes them the superpower of the world.

yeah but federal power is a zero sum game and there will always be losers. Dixie went from being the preeminent region in the early republic to being a backwater shit hole after the civil war.

Don't be a dick.

And gib back my roof.

>Swedeshitters ruined it though, they looted and burnt almost every palace, library, archive and gallery in the PLC, they massacred, in some places, up to 3/4 of the population, and are the reason Poland in the last few centuries has gone from France-Tier to what it is now.
>Why do you learn Himmlers version?
ultimate cuckery
>Also I take that as admittance of "it not being germany back then" being wrong.
"Kingdom of Germany" existed only for a short period of time.

You role-played as Romans back then.

>Canada
lol

I'm sorry but Prussaboos are pissing me off. I'm just telling how it was.
Some are in the north, yes, but most brick castles throughout Poland are not, most were built by Poles. Like this one for example, built by the Polish Piast's in Silesia.
Poland was a western nations ever since 966, ever since it joined the Latin Christian civilization circle, for over thousand years.

all of that is irrelevant, kingdom of Prussia = political continuation of electorate of Brandenburg, they only took Prussia's name as a loophole to gain kingdom title within HRE

>Is it true half of Polish/Czech cities were built by Germans?
"No"

End yourself

The photo is kinda fucked up but it looks like a teutonic one, at least partly.

The kingdom of germany was tied into a roll with being emperor of the HRE.

The lector counts electer their king among themselves to be Emperor of the HRE which included the non-germans.

The short time between the vote and the coronation as emperor was spent as king of germany.

stop the fighting ;_; we are all the same european race

>Prussia = political continuation of electorate of Brandenburg
Not in their culture.

They adopted Teutonic culture of slaughtering and germanisation.

How can you opress people without castles?

>Tfw we have the word "Zwingburg" which means basically "force castle" as in forcing people to do stuff. Its about castles that are built for the primary reason of ruling the surrounding area (through force if necessary).

>germanisation
That's a wrong word though.

The language might have been German but the culture was far from what Western Germany or Central Germany had.

It was Prussification.

What about this one? They all look very similar, were they castles proper or fortified palaces?

Yeah, I know. But.

Prussia through unification, pretty much pushed Teutonic culture over all of the Germany.

I have to clarify, they elected one of them to be king, who THEN got crowned by the pope if he was a good boi.

Whatever makes you sleep at night :^)

And i you went to school here you would now that no one cares about the deluge here

Tell that to...

They were pretty good at organisation,logistics and fightan.

That impressed people who were allways in war with the devils from the neighbour mini state about turnip taxes or some other shit.

I know, it wasn't even in the official program, but my history teacher said that we fought many wars to interject. That's because the PLC has been forgotten, a great state with unheard liberties and freedoms in Europe and the world, due to being erased from the maps for 123 years...

Olsztyn was a city and a fortress with a castle, walls and gates, barbacan. Only one gate and some walls stands nowdays though.

What you liked is Malbork, which had the same role a city and a keep.

Kwidzyń, for example, was only build as a keep at the begining. Pic related.

>but all those architects, German or French or Italian, build buildings in German style
What do you mean by "german style"? You think that gothic style is german?
Ahahahahaha

What is Silesia? I mean seriously, just because a bunch of people there spoke German doesn't mean that you had to kick them out. Then again, I wouldn't alive if my great grandmother wasn't forced to leave Silesia.

That one was built by the Teutons as a stronghold against Poland, literally on its and Baltic soil.

>we
what the fuck are you swede or polish diaspora?

kek, Poles claiming Germans are their fellow white brothers are fucking stupid as hell and don't know history.

Germans tried to annex Poland into HRE for many centuries, they stole Polish Royal insignias through German wife of one Polish king.

Later they tried to wipe out Poland by Nazi style Teutonic Order.

Another time it was Prussia, later Nazi Germany.

Only a fucking retard would take this mutt nation as our "ally". They're celto-nord-slavic shits with Byzantine/Middle eastern culture of slaughter. Which I admire, but as a Pole I can't accept.

'Gothic' a style that is from the slavs.

>>we
Poles and Swedes dumbom. Unfortunately because of him and his uncle.

Nsdap was not german, germans didnt vote for any of so called cwntralized crimes.

You sound as if germans are an hive mind with a continous malign intellect guiding it through history.

You were just to close to big goys like german and russian culture groups that were better at assimilating other "tribes" nations or cultures than you.

I dont deny any dickishness but it seems sort of natural, doesnt it?

Same way we and the japanese got fucked for acting the mickey.

>no swedish-polish empire to crush moscow
feels bad man

>They're celto-nord-slavic shits with Byzantine/Middle eastern culture of slaughter.
They are really into the Byzantine culture, while Poland always was ever since 966 into the Latin culture. Watch this.

I just simply hate Germans. :^)

And wish we were more like you, just genocide and opress everyone around. - Build the country on european slavery.

They were germans, but their ideas of what is german was really fucking wierd.

The Kaiser said so himself from his exile in the Netherlands.

Hitler wanted to design his dream race like the "Artist" he was and decided to go fir his own.

Proof please, this sounds interesting.

And not something on the level of pretending Mozart was black.

My grandma was raised by 2 Prussian women who survived ww2.

Her parents gave the women food, shelter, clothes and some money for taking care of my grandma and her sisters. Thanks to this the wome nwere save from RUSSIANS, even though it was a bit late because one of the women was already pregnat due to russian rape.

They did not threw the women out, one of them left to Germany, the other one stayed and raised the child. It was same in Silesia, some Germans were forced out by Russians and some stayed to leave later on in the 1950ties.

Germans didnt do anything it was just a small elite minority who was evil.

Should I put on my winged helmet then and pull out the drums spanned with human skin?

I never did anything to you, thats pretty racis of you.

>I bet you punched that polish professor for speaking german.

Germans wilingfuly collaborated. They knew about camps, they knew about dehumanization that takes the process.

They didn't give a shit.

This is so true, in fact I think it's pretty shameful that we don't learn about the PLC in schools here. We tend to worship the frogs for their role in our revolution and their own revolution several years later and see them as our European counterpart in terms of politics and enlightenment-inspired government, but the Poles are really the nation that deserve that role more. Learning about the Szlachta, the Sejm, the Polish constitution being the first in Europe, and the elective monarchy was a real trip for me and I think every American should be a bit of a PLCaboo because of it.

So these were all serious fortifications? Its just i don't see many battlements, its all roofed which is why it sort of looks more like a living space than a fortification.

Your family is cool.

>tfw family is prussian.

We (Sweden and Poland-Lithuania) literally had an union for 10 years, until Zygmund's uncle flipped out because he preferred to stay in Warsaw than Stockholm and tried to promote Catholicism...

You can call me a self-hater since family from my mother's side were Saxon. :^)

youtube.com/watch?v=Md7h0tsBpQ0

Germans didnt vote for any of the crimes alleged to the central administration, germans were oppressed by totalitarrian authoritarian fascism same as tsar and his crimes that russian ppl are not accoubtable for.

blind hate is always dumb

>Germans claiming Romanesque architecture as their own

>This thread is blowing the scale !

Germans didnt vote nor know of any of that, it was the dictatorship not germans.

I know we had a "union", And I'm aware of Hertig Karl

Shame Poland went to shit after that

They were chased out of Wilno by russians so they knew what it means to be robbed of your possesion and kicked out of your home.

i-it wasn't germnus, it was space n-nazis

stop right there

>muh heritage American shows up to slurp on German cock
oh boy

Why are protestants so evil?

If Germans voted to kill Jews then yes they would be responsible for that, no such thing was given, again under totaliitarian dictatorship like the tsar, americans are not responsible for the crimes of the british empire right?

Because before the election they said that they want to slaughter all Jews and Slavs in dehumanising death camps

This was ironic just in case someone is so stupid.

None of that shows the policies that the voters supported.

If you look at Zamosc in Poland you see examples of Italian architecture, does that mean Italians built Zamosc?

this thread is fucking unbelievable.

Main Kampf was pretty clear about it.
Hitler even spoke about camps in one of his speeches.

Germans knew it and didn't give a shit about it. "Long live Sacred Germany" aka your national hero also hated us and he was against Hitler.

Swedes only used the opportunity. Sweden would never be able to invade on their own, if not for Chmielnicki (Polish noble, Ruthenian) and his cossack rebellion of 40,000, then inviting 60,000 Russians for help , then Prussia-Brandenburg backstabbing (16,000) and Wallachia, Moldavia and Transylvania invading from the east (35,000). In total, Swedes only constitution 20% of the hostile forces to Poland... Poland had majority of its forces in the south east fighting the cossacks and Russians while Swedes pillaged in the north and west almost freely before Poland could allocate its forces to push the Swedes back. It was a clusterfuck.

I meant to say that Gothic isn't from slavs, it was a typo on my part.

No where does it say that not a single hitler speech advertises muder.

>let me tell you about your country
Go back to America, nigger.

Proof it by showing me the source.

The majority didn't know it beforehand.

I unironically like Polish-German shitflinging threads more than any other on Cred Forums because of how delightfully autistic they become.

youtube.com/watch?v=uMohuVwBC0Q

And no one cared about it. The only thing of value during those years were the war against Denmark that we won.

Bundesrepublik is not nazi germany nor did anyone alive touch a sacred chosen.

I wasn't aware you were medieval Bohemians in this thread, my apologies.

Your giving me feels bro. I knew a priest who once visited Poland and was attacked by an angry old Russian lady which he was confused by, it turned out according to the locals that she was one of the many Russians who took a Polish house at the expense of a Polish family.

Like there exist sources that weren't destroyed.

There are letters of Stauffenberg to his wife though. There is proof of German industry using slave workers, that often died during the work from starvation and shit conditions.

>A speech during the war

Hitler was a dictator by that point and it was to late. You should proof that the people knew it before they voted for it

If you're interested in this area of Europe, I would really recommend this:
I bet most of the noble families in Swedes care about their Polish loot. I swear to God, there must be like at least one Polish artifact, art or furniture in each Swedish aristocrat or noble home... Fucking Chmielncki and Radziwill's (the most powerful Lithuanian magnate family invited the Swedes to crush the Catholics...).
So yeah, Chmielnicki invited the Russians, Radziwills invited the Swedes, Prussia and Translyvania-Moldavia-Wallachia joined = Deluge.

That speech was from waaay after 1933.

>spout a bunch of Germanocentric pseudo-history while calling everybody that lives east of you a subhuman
>get triggered when somebody calls you a fucking retard
Will you just fuck off already? You've contributed absolutely nothing besides autistic delusions that would make anybody that has even touched a history book in their life weep.

>I bet most of the noble families in Swedes care about their Polish loot.
Maybe, I don't know. Many of the loot is in museums in Stockholm thou.

That explains it, like those self hating jews.

But still abolishing personal responsibility is sort of meh, even though you have a point.

So you are saying that you cannot proof it?

A letter to an officer doesn't proof that the majority knew about this. The guards of those factories where SS and they didn't say shit about it, some of them even deny that the holocaust happend today.

Fuck off

Russians had no personal responisbilty to russian tsar.

Japan really knows how to stir the pot.

My great grandfather died when he fled with his family, shot by russians.

Apparently he was commander of prague for some time, my grandmother said last week. Not so sure if that was true.

After all, he was not in the party and fucked with a lot, but I guess soldiering needs to be done regardless what faction you belong to.

I hope the russians didnt do anything nasty to your family while they kicked them out.

Polish aristocrats don't exist anymore , as far as i am aware, so they belong to the swedish now

oi m14/88 buga of plumbah

Poles are going to be butthurt but cities like danzig were German majority for most of their history

I like it because some poles are cool and teach me history shit and the others are really butthurt so thats cool.

Will you ever go back?
Will probably not be too expensive

>Japan
it's one Polish proxynigger that starts about five threads about Poland a day. As we can see here he's started baiting his own countrymen just to ensure that at least a third of the active users of this board are discussing Poland at any given time.

>cities like danzig were German majority for most of their history
Shit example, burger faggot.

Gdańsk was founded by Poland and was part of Poland for majority of its history.

Sometimes you have no choice. For example the Russians executed soldiers who didn't followed the order to shoot on civilians during an uprising in Berlin.

Success breeds jealousy

1/3 of the Bohemian population was German before WW2. I am a descendant of Sudeten expellees.

This was my first post in this thread, amerilard.

You had no choice in dictatorship occupoed germany.

My great great uncle Conrad fled Konigsberg when the Russians invaded. He ended up making decent money by working as a welder in the coal mines, which along with working a U boat workout well for how short he was.

Quality german memes.

Good that he survived.

Where do you live now? Did your family flee to saxony or Bavaria?
I hope it was bavaria.

German majority referred to the population. Yes Poland was powerful at the time but the people weren't polish. They were German majority provinces in Poland

And? Jaegerstatter was shot for not shooting poles and Russians. The Nazis also shot men who got out of line.

Some of you germans are alright, don't come to Gleiwitz tommorow, if you live in Oberschlesien.

it was a free hanseatic city and thus german

that's because main Polish population was genocided by Teutons.

not really

What's happening in Gleiwitz tomorrow?

Well they took everything they had, they used to be quite rich and own a town building(kamienica) and some slaughterhouse. Plus my grandmothers father was taken away to Siberia from which he ran, came back after 2 years than lived for 3-4 and died because during the travel from Siberia back to Poland he destroyed his organism.

My other grandfather hid in a ditch full of mud for 2 days after German soldiers wanted his shoes and(since he was a teen) he ran instead of giving them those, German soldiers shoot and scratched him but he rand and hid luckily.

A lot of families got stories like this.

I stil lgot a bit family there and a lot of family graves. I'd love to go back but there's some fancy hotel in my families old town house(kamienica) and Lithuanians would never give it back even if we sued them.

Like I said sometimes you have no choice because they kill you or your family. Some are genuinely evil when they have fun while doing it though.

it was a german city with german population under polish rule. Can we agree on that?

i think he's memeing about

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gleiwitz_incident

Silesia is German fuck poland

>fancy hotel
>lithuania
If you get a good job maybe you could buy them out? Or it could be quite fun to sabotage their business until they want to sell? It could be quite easy.

t. eastern shit-eater

>it was a free hanseatic city and thus german
That has literally fuck all to do with what nationality it was.

Stop bullying the Silesians please.

>thank you though.

He died from the shot wounds? Nasty.

Those camps were hell, talked to russian"german lady who grew up in a camp in kazhakstan were they just dumped russian germans whose ancestros came to russia for catherine the great and they had to build themselves huts out of mud for the winter etc.

Really nasty period.

So what's the difference between Germans in Nazi Germany and Russians in the Soviet Union? Both among the Russians and Germans you had people who were interested in dominating overy others, and there were lots of people who were forced to as well.

No that's not what happened. The king of Poland asked the crusaders to convert or kill the Baltic and Slavic non Christian population of those lands. You and the Czech kings spent a lot of time she money to control that area

nationality in the modern sense didnt exist back then

sounds to me like poland is a bully who opresses its minorities

There is none.

yet 800k still lives here and wants back to Vaterland :)

>No that's not what happened.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teutonic_takeover_of_Danzig_(Gdańsk)
Having speech impediment doesn't make you a minority.
RICHTIG JAA JAA. XDDD

Wypierdalaj gównojadzie jebany.

If you're interested in this area of Europe, I would really recommend this lecture:

Slavic customs since ever - everyone could inherit, even women, all equally, unlike in German Sallic law in which women went less.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neminem_captivabimus

>In the Crown of the Kingdom of Poland and the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth it was one of the basic rights, stating that the king could neither punish nor imprison any member of the szlachta without a viable court verdict. Its purpose was to release someone who had been arrested unlawfully. Neminem captivabimus had nothing to do with whether the prisoner is guilty, only with whether due process had been observed.
1430!

Freedom of writing and speech

1505 - no taxation without representation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Liberty

>the election of the king by all nobles wishing to participate, known as wolna elekcja (free election);

>Sejm, the Commonwealth parliament which the king was required to hold every two years;

>pacta conventa (Latin), "agreed-to agreements" negotiated with the king-elect, including a bill of rights, binding on the king, derived from the earlier King Henry's Articles;

>rokosz (insurrection), the right of szlachta to form a legal rebellion against a king who violated their guaranteed freedoms;
religious freedom guaranteed by Warsaw Confederation Act 1573,[2]

>liberum veto (Latin), the right of an individual land envoy to oppose a decision by the majority in a Sejm session; the voicing of such a "free veto" nullified all the legislation that had been passed at that session; during the crisis of the second half of the 17th century, Polish nobles could also use the liberum veto in provincial sejmiks;

>konfederacja (from the Latin confederatio), the right to form an organization to force through a common political aim.

15% nobles = 1 million citizens participated in democracy.

if you think Silesia is a core state of Poland you are pretty dumb

Silesia still uses Piast eagle and speaks Polish.

No, the grandfather that was shoot at survived and still lives. He than fought UPA in Subcarpatia as a soldier and was shot during a ambush and left the miltary but he had some nasty stories about it as well.

Times were shit indeed.

its the German eagle you moron from Prussia
>speaks polish
>silesia
keked a little bit

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_minority_in_Poland

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silesian_Piasts
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7a/POL_województwo_dolnośląskie_COA.svg/2000px-POL_województwo_dolnośląskie_COA.svg.png

Are you mentally challenged? Oh wait, of course you are.
They aren't even germans, but eastern niggers pretending to be German just to get gibsmedat.

what I dont understand, why do German minorities stay in Poland?
With their knowledge of German language, they could easily find a better payed job in Germany

The only difference between Poles and Germans is culture.
A pole who speaks German and sees himself as German is a German, as far as I am concerned

Not wanting to be cucked by poles who just got handed the territories by the sovjets (so they could steal a lot of theirs) might be a reason.

>leaving YOUR LAND TO POLES
>instead of waiting for Germany to take your region back

Which fits the data of some tsuff I read about poles being the best integrated big group and turks bing the worst.

Ok still doesn't change the fact that the rest of the area was non Christian and you hired the tuetons to clear it out. That's how they got there in the first place

Why move out of a comfy Silesian village for the sake of money? Don't forget that most German Silesians were mostly peasant farmers and miners. They wouldn't get any better jobs than the German Russians that moved back to Germany.

Teutonic thing is a shady shit.

There are conspirancy theories about it.
nigger, you're a swarthy eastern ape not a german.

stop cosplaying.

Worship the frogs?

Where are you getting this. The french revolution is considered barbaric mess here.

Yeah thats why my grandparents cant't speak Polish also i have German citzienship

We already had this conversation in /polska/.

Respect for remaining, do you speak german?

Not amongst those that celebrate bastille day. The French Revolution is absolutely disgusting "let's kill a bunch of nuns that dedicate their time to educating poor street urchins"

French revolution completely changed the society in whole of Europe
PLC however was pretty much irrelevant and is only a footnote in history

What was shady about it the polish kings couldn't get the area themselves so they got help from the Czech king hired the tuetons. There's a reason why koiengsburg was named after a Czech king

guess it
i was never on /polska/ i sit on /deutsch/ all the time at nights

Who celebrates Bastille day here?

It was a Polish city for hundreds of years, founded by Poles, Teutonic monks took it over for 100 years, Poland regained it back until 1772, under that time the population was Polish, German, Dutch, Flemish, Jewish, Swedish, Scottish etc. etc. Germans became a majority later on in the 17th century, while Poles always remained a large ethnic group in Gdansk, the original one, which then was forcefully pushed out or Germanised by the Prussian administration after 1795 after the partitions of Poland. Prussia literally went on a hunt to remove eagles littered all over Gdansk and Polish coat of arms, even removed much of the baroque architecture details from the old tenements.
You're a fucking retard.

Sauber.

Man sieht sich dann beim Unsinn postieren.

>The only difference between Poles and Germans is culture.
>A pole who speaks German and sees himself as German is a German, as far as I am concerned
Top kek, almost all eastern Germans are Slavs ("Poles").

ich war nicht in /deutsch/ für ein monat ich arbeite viel

Hast nix verpasst.

Ist halt AFD und Flüchtlings gemiehme.

Poland was splitt into duchies at that time, like the Duchy of Masovia and the Duchy of Silesia or the Duchy of Pomerania, all ruled by Piast dukes, there was no king they all fought for the Polish throne and that title in a civil war for 90 years.

>this thread

Polish rulers and later kings did

You can tell why most poor, subhuman Americans are German-Americans.

No, the Duke of Masovie Konrad invited the Teutons to fight against the Baltic barbarian Prussians.

From the area in yellow, during when Poland was splitt into duchies and every duke fighting for the Polish throne to became the sole king of all lands - Pomerania, Silesia, Great and Lesser Poland, Masovia.

any stories?

Didn't those dukes later became the kings of Poland? And you act like this fight didn't continue for hundreds

>Times were shit indeed.
All this shit because stupid Konrad invited some few hundred soldier monks from the HRE to northern Poland...
The Silesian duke had the most powerful army and was likely to unite all the lands and put the capital in Wroclaw, but he bravely died in battle when the Mongols invaded Europe, although Polish armies were destroyed they inflicted heavy losses on the Mongols and stopped their onslaught for some decades.

P.S. Those are Polish Piast dynasty eagles, the left one being the Silesian Piast eagle.

I meant the duke of masovia

No, a Kujawian Piasts (blue) united the lands.

It isn't from Germans either FYI burger